BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
View attachment 23821

No idea what SAR is so had a quick Google and found the below from NASA

Hey AG, Intel has used their Loihi chip in tandem with synthetic aperture radar for object detection and classification. I presume that whatever Loihi can do, Akida can do betterer, especially since Akida is commercially available and Loihi remains a research chip at this stage. :giggle:

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 9.59.13 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
About a month ago I asked the company, Tony in this case, why Eastronics had been removed from the company's website
and the answer that I received at the time didn't add up, or more to the point, actually make any sense.

So, I re-asked the question, and this was the response yesterday.

"I asked our CFO Ken Scarince, and he confirmed that we ended our relationship with Eastronics back in October. Further to Ken’s confirmation, Chris Stevens our VP of Sales confirmed via email that he terminated the relationship with Eastronics shortly after he came on board."

"I’m not going to provide specific reasons for the decision, but such decisions are taken for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, budgetary considerations, strategic realignment and non-performance."

That confirms what I thought was the case, moving on........

TechX tar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry: (some individuals seem more concerned with my sign-off, rather than the message that's posted, that's rather 😞

bad performance and daddy akida will drop you

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Moonshot

Regular
A potential preview of akida 1500 and 2000

“r. To evaluate the model, the dataset is divided into 1800 training and 200 test samples. Based on this methodology we achieved 86.3% accuracy for training set, and 83% for the test set. Employing the same architecture, training and test accuracy for conventional LSTM are 89.4% and 86%, respectively. It can be inferred that LSTM SNNs can get comparable results to convetional LSTM, but in a more efficient energy and resource manner.”

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

This is shaping up to be the lowest volume traded in Brainchip stock for a considerable time.

My thoughts on the above observetion, together with looking at the chart pattern & volumes would suggest that the manipulation ( bulls$%t buys & sells ) have potentially run out of sufficient TRUE sell orders to purchase.

We are pressently No 12 on the Shortman website , with gross shorts sitting at 6.59% as of 2nd Dec.

Has the potential to get EXTREMELY EXCITING very quickly.

😃.

Just my observations.

AKUDA BALISTA.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 76 users
Afternoon Chippers,

This is shaping up to be the lowest volume traded in Brainchip stock for a considerable time.

My thoughts on the above observetion, together with looking at the chart pattern & volumes would suggest that the manipulation ( bulls$%t buys & sells ) have potentially run out of sufficient TRUE sell orders to purchase.

We are pressently No 12 on the Shortman website , with gross shorts sitting at 6.59% as of 2nd Dec.

Has the potential to get EXTREMELY EXCITING very quickly.

😃.

Just my observations.

AKUDA BALISTA.

Regards,
Esq.
Akuda Matata.
I hope brn management are preparing the 🔥

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
As always this may have been posted before.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Dang Son

Regular
Hey AG, Intel has used their Loihi chip in tandem with synthetic aperture radar for object detection and classification. I presume that whatever Loihi can do, Akida can do betterer, especially since Akida is commercially available and Loihi remains a research chip at this stage. :giggle:

View attachment 23874

How did Loihi suddenly become a relevant digital neuromorphic architecture and is Intel using our IP?

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Is episode 22 worth watching or just give it a miss?
Also going through a bit of a crisis here. Have found a whole lot of respect for Elon musk and Kanye west recently.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 2799

The point is not always which product is better. We discussed it in the German platform several times. It’s about the price. If you can get, as a company, an AI solution which is sufficient for your product, and don’t need everything what akida offer, you will buy the cheaper one. That’s why I think, at the moment they are working on a product with better price-performance. It’s important for brainchip to be not too expensive to get one of the leader in this segment. Also not too cheap… the balance is important and the most difficult work.

Hope my English is good enough ✌️ sorry in advance

• Love
Reactions: 41 users
Also going through a bit of a crisis here. Have found a whole lot of respect for Elon musk and Kanye west recently.
What about Andrew Tate to complete the Infiniti gauntlet

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Rise from the ashes,

Personally would not bother, the young lass had quite a nonchalant attitude.

Much better to watch the stupendous line wipes as our share price heads north shortly.

Regards,
Esq

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Afternoon Rise from the ashes,

Personally would not bother, the young lass had quite a nonchalant attitude.

Much better to watch the stupendous line wipes as our share price heads north shortly.

Regards,
Esq
Thank you my good sir I do value your opinion and shall not waste my time on it.

Reactions: 4 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
About a month ago I asked the company, Tony in this case, why Eastronics had been removed from the company's website
and the answer that I received at the time didn't add up, or more to the point, actually make any sense.

So, I re-asked the question, and this was the response yesterday.

"I asked our CFO Ken Scarince, and he confirmed that we ended our relationship with Eastronics back in October. Further to Ken’s confirmation, Chris Stevens our VP of Sales confirmed via email that he terminated the relationship with Eastronics shortly after he came on board."

"I’m not going to provide specific reasons for the decision, but such decisions are taken for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, budgetary considerations, strategic realignment and non-performance."

That confirms what I thought was the case, moving on........

TechX tar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry: (some individuals seem more concerned with my sign-off, rather than the message that's posted, that's rather 😞
A little bit of humour based on the Joe Biden NanoNoNo video that was posted briefly before your last post.

Don't take it to heart mate <3

Over and out.

SERAbal Palsy2g

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

VictorG

FIFA says, in a nutshell, that it does not fall within their remit. It's a celebration of those who don't think like me.
🤷
not surprised! the only way FIFA would show remorse is if it was bribed to do so.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
A little bit of humour based on the Joe Biden NanoNoNo video that was posted briefly before your last post.

Over and out.

SERAbal Palsy2g
Little bit of light humor is good for the soul.
Regards
Rise from the asses

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Agree about the conference comment etc.

Just had a chance to have a quiet listen and tbh was a pretty naff podcast for me.

When they spruik like that it just comes across as if...you know what, we'll come on your podcast so long as we essentially get our free advertising out of it.

And oh, by the way, every leading question you ask about BRN or Akida that I could expand on, I'm just gonna play a straight bat.

Got pretty much zero out of it for mine.

Yeah, the transformers was in there so we wait and see how that pans out I guess.

Agree 100% on the feel for this podcast, playing a very neutral bat from Sally's perspective throughout

Interestingly from the outset she didn't answer RT's questions directly, she had a broader agenda and to points made earlier, she's cognisant of who might also tap into these podcasts. Lets face it, in her position she has incredible access, i would think, to a plethora of companies in these tech fields and gets an insight to some pretty varied and amazing tech being developed

To the Transformer point also, Rob pulled that out knowlingly (as mentioned here @tse) and if i heard correctly, she said a couple of times, no this is not relevant to Brainchip (really..... is she fully across where BRN is at ?)

The whole conference advertising is just taking the piss honestly (opportunist, sorry Rob...) !!

I'm left wanting........

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Singaporean article about the DSO National Lab team with their neuromorphic programming and writing their algos.

Curious whose chip being used (maybe Intel if part of the INRC?) or someone else's.

Have to have a scrounge around for any papers / patents maybe.

26 JUL 2022 | TECHNOLOGY

NEUROMORPHIC TECH: THE NEXT BIG THING?​

In the last of our "DSO 50 Tech" series, we find out how DSO is looking to the future through their research into Neuromorphic Computing, the next realm of AI.

STORY BY THRINA THAM / PHOTOS BY CHUA SOON LYE

1670556011700.png

Mr Tan Yuan Sin's team at DSO has started work on programming the Neuromorphic Computing Chip, a high-speed, low-power chip that can bring great portability to soldiers.

Imagine if the functions of a computer – all its processing power, computing capabilities and data storage ability – could be reduced to a 3cm by 3cm chip. That is the promise of Neuromorphic Computing – and the next evolutionary leap of Artificial Intelligence (AI).

Neuromorphic computing mimics the neural structure and operation of the human brain – the way we process data from our environment, interpret them and make autonomous decisions.

DSO National Laboratories (DSO) has already begun work in this field, writing algorithms for efficient neuromorphic sensing and hearing.

1670556071497.png

The Neuromorphic Camera is able to efficiently capture important changes in the environment, doing away with unnecessary data.

One of their projects studied the Neuromorphic Camera – a tiny red device that sits in the palm of a hand. Within the ordinary-looking enclosure is the Neuromorphic Computing Chip.

Unlike conventional cameras that capture an image every time the shutter opens, the Neuromorphic Camera functions without a shutter. Instead, it only senses and captures changes in the environment, much like the human brain.

This means that in missions like surveillance, it can detect intrusions without capturing and processing unnecessary information when there is no change in the scene.

Its processing speed is so high, it is even able to detect and capture a bullet in motion.

1670556120182.png

Mr Tan (second from left) discussing images from the neuromorphic sensor with his team. He first led a team of engineers to conduct research in the field in 2016.

Laboratory Director of Information Exploitation Laboratory at DSO, Mr Tan Yuan Sin, explained how such high computing power is able to exist within a tiny chip that is about 1,000 times smaller than a typical work station:

"Today's AI fires all its neurons to complete a certain task. But our human brain doesn't work like that. Neuromorphic Computing emulates the brain where only the relevant neurons fire and send signals to the other neurons.

"This makes Neuromorphic Computing about 10,000 times more power-efficient than today's computer. And that helps to drastically reduce its weight and size."

The 46-year-old has been doing research into this technology at DSO since 2016.

His team has written algorithms that enable the Neuromorphic Camera to recognise scenes by detecting and classifying objects such as vehicles.

1670556206765.png

The team at DSO programmed algorithms for the sensing and classification of neuromorphic images (left frame) as accurately as today's AI does for conventional images.

When Mr Tan started researching into human-inspired AI, he first needed to have a good understanding of the human brain.

"The biggest hurdle was the first one – I had no biology background. So, I had to quickly get myself up to speed with the latest understanding of the human brain in order to apply it to our algorithms," said Mr Tan, who was a junior engineer leading the research back then.

His team quickly consulted local university experts and even got a crash course in neuroscience from a renowned professor from Germany.
Today, DSO has made some headway into the area, albeit in "baby steps", said Mr Tan.

1670556256753.png

The computing board for the Bionic Ear Processor – the next neuromorphic project that the team is working on.

Another project under their belt is use of the Neuromorphic Computing Chip in the Bionic Ear Processor, a sound classification device inspired by human hearing.

The team has started writing codes for the classification of sound – for instance, distinguishing between a truck, a human or a dog – and is hoping to integrate it into the ear processor.

Though the technology is nascent, it can unlock countless possibilities for defence applications, said Mr Tan.

"Because Neuromorphic technology is much more energy efficient, it can greatly improve the mobility, portability and endurance of the technologies our soldiers can bring to the field."

He added: "This will revolutionise AI and the way we use computers."

Why is Neuromorphic Computing so power efficient? Watch Mr Tan explain it here:

Attachments

• 1670556056047.png
    1670556056047.png
    751.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

TECH

Regular

Over and out.

SERAbal Palsy2g

I've a great sense of humour as anyone who knows me well enough could attest to, that's why I started changing it up a bit, my grandson
thought Techstar was a good nickname, but what he meant was Texta, as some thought or maybe thought Techstar was a bit over the top.

It's a bit like the Irish Golf Pro who was late getting to the tee because he had a flat Tyre on the way to the course, but on his arrival, he
confessed that it was only flat on the bottom half, but his luck was about to change because he had worn two pairs of underwear, just in
case he got a hole in one, the Irish PGA decided not to penalize him as they went with the thought, as he was approaching 65 years of
age they thought that old golfers never die they just have another stroke.

Regards... Texta :ROFLMAO:;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
D

Deleted member 118

I've a great sense of humour as anyone who knows me well enough could attest to, that's why I started changing it up a bit, my grandson
thought Techstar was a good nickname, but what he meant was Texta, as some thought or maybe thought Techstar was a bit over the top.

It's a bit like the Irish Golf Pro who was late getting to the tee because he had a flat Tyre on the way to the course, but on his arrival, he
confessed that it was only flat on the bottom half, but his luck was about to change because he had worn two pairs of underwear, just in
case he had a hole in one, the Irish PGA decided not to penalize him as they went with the thought, as he was approaching 65 years of
age they thought that old golfers don't die they just have another stroke.

Regards... Texta :ROFLMAO:;)
Ain’t that a pen lol

Top Bottom