BRN Discussion Ongoing

Was checking in on NASA again and as we know Numem have been selected for Ph I contract negotiation for this year and will be looking to use Akida in the project.

Having a look at their website and their focus is MRAM:

A new class of Resistive RAMs

A new class of Resistive RAMs (MRAM, ReRAM) are on the verge of disrupting the semiconductor industry by enabling cost effective integration of non-volatile memory and, over time, a lower cost and lower power alternative to SRAM. These new memory types use a standard process for base layers and as such can scale down to lower geometries while Flash stops at 28nm.

What I am asking myself is under this section...wonder where they may get future assistance with this.....hmmmm

Success via NASA would not only benefit themselves but also Akida obviously.

View attachment 23660

View attachment 23661

Still a young company by the looks and backed in originally by MAAN Ventures.

For a NASA refresher:

View attachment 23657

View attachment 23658
Further to my previous post I have a question for those more tech savvy.

Numem state that flash doesn't scale down (at this point from what I can see) lower than 28nm which is currently what Akida is.

Numem:

"These new memory types use a standard process for base layers and as such can scale down to lower geometries while Flash stops at 28nm."

Numem are using MRAM to assist this scale down process it appears.

Renesas recent article has said:

"We are working with a third party taping out a device in December on 22nm CMOS,” said Chittipeddi."

Is this tape out of the device Chittipeddi is mentioning going to be using MRAM or ReRAM and if so does this link back to another Renesas article from mid year I posted a few days back where:

"Renesas Develops Circuit Technologies for 22-nm Embedded STT-MRAM with Faster Read and Write Performance for MCUs in IoT Applications".

Wondering if to get Akida to the 22nm involves this change or not?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Mws

Regular
JAs soon as the Restricted Stock Units vest, you have a tax liability in the US. So far Sean has been granted 6 million RSU's over 3 years (this was part of his initial salary package), so they vest at a rate of 2 mill per year This is as well as his liability for Fed income tax to the IR Dept, and then because he is most likely domiciled in Calif, most likely close by to Laguna Hills, he will also be liable to a chunk of State taxation as well. Calif State taxes are high, which is why many people are leaving Calif for lower taxing States in the US. The US taxation system is vastly different to the regime we have here.

So I have no problem whatsoever with Sean reducing his considerable tax liability, I am much more interested in his performance as our CEO and in his capacity as an Exec Director. It is way too early IMO to really assess how good, or otherwise his performance has been to this point in time. Having said that, the partnerships made this year are truly impressive, and speak to a good probability (some here would justifiably say high probability) of excellent outcomes, in terms of earnings growth. However some of the recent achievements would have to be, also attributed to the work of Rob Telson and Lou Di Nardo, as well as others along the way.

So we may/will get a better subjective fix on Seans performance moving forward, although with all the NDA's and the clandestine nature of the tech industry, it may turn out to be: a who would know kind of scenario, because staffing levels have grown so dramatically in recent times, and we won't really know who has achieved what - unless of course BRN decide to give SHers more information. For me the acid test will be the AGM next year, as I have said before I remain strong in my confidence in the Akida technology, and important outcomes look, on the surface of things, to be coming together. At the end of the day Sean is the CEO, he is not just a salesman.

Further to my previous post I have a question for those more tech savvy.

Numem state that flash doesn't scale down (at this point from what I can see) lower than 28nm which is currently what Akida is.

Numem:

"These new memory types use a standard process for base layers and as such can scale down to lower geometries while Flash stops at 28nm."

Numem are using MRAM to assist this scale down process it appears.

Renesas recent article has said:

"We are working with a third party taping out a device in December on 22nm CMOS,” said Chittipeddi."

Is this tape out of the device Chittipeddi is mentioning going to be using MRAM or ReRAM and if so does this link back to another Renesas article from mid year I posted a few days back where:

"Renesas Develops Circuit Technologies for 22-nm Embedded STT-MRAM with Faster Read and Write Performance for MCUs in IoT Applications".

Wondering if to get Akida to the 22nm involves this change or not?
In every presentation on this issue it has never been suggested that the design would need to be changed to take AKIDA smaller than 28nm.

A quick Google brought up this paper which appears to support the proposition that Scratch pad memory can at least move down to 7nm:

“A 7-nm Compute-in-Memory SRAM Macro Supporting Multi-Bit Input, Weight and Output and Achieving 351 TOPS/W and 372.4 GOPS​

Publisher: IEEE
Cite This

Mahmut E. Sinangil; Burak Erbagci; Rawan Naous; Kerem Akarvardar; Dar Sun; Win-San Khwa; Hung-Jen Liao; Yih Wang; Jonathan Chang
Sign In or Purchase
Paper
Citations
Full
Text Views

Abstract
Authors
Figures
References
Citations
Keywords
Metrics
More Like This
Footnotes

Abstract:In this work, we present a compute-in-memory (CIM) macro built around a standard two-port compiler macro using foundry 8T bit-cell in 7-nm FinFET technology. The proposed design supports 1024 4 b $\times $ 4 b multiply-and-accumulate (MAC) computations simultaneously. The 4-bit input is represented by the number of read word-line (RWL) pulses, while the 4-bit weight is realized by charge sharing among binary-weighted computation caps. Each unit of computation cap is formed by the inherent cap of the sense amplifier (SA) inside the 4-bit Flash ADC, which saves area and minimizes kick-back effect. Access time is 5.5 ns with 0.8-V power supply at room temperature. The proposed design achieves energy efficiency of 351 TOPS/W and throughput of 372.4 GOPS. Implications of our design from neural network implementation and accuracy perspectives are also discussed”

I chose to Google 7nm as the former CEO Mr. Dinardo when asked by a shareholder in one of his webinars for the first time that I am aware said “Yes it can scale down from 28 to 14 to 7nm”. Since then Anil Mankar and Peter van der Made have also mentioned 4nm and 5nm respectively.

The intriguing part of Numen referencing 22nm apart from this is that Anil Mankar said in the Anastasia video that NASA was looking at 90nm. At 90nm semiconductors are more resilient to radiation and as I understand it semiconductors used in defence applications also seek similar resilience.

All I have at this stage.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Interesting article. Google needs an intelligent Edge to navigate its way ahead of the competition:

1670361830229.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Brace for another terrible day on the market peeps🫠
Think I had one stock in the green yesterday and that was water🤦‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

VictorG

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

VictorG

Brace for another terrible day on the market peeps🫠
Think I had one stock in the green yesterday and that was water🤦‍♂️
It's a great day to forget about the markets and spend time researching yachts instead.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Forget the markets unless you need tomatoes and refresh your memory as to how as if by magic a company like Brainchip can get free money called royalties in perpetuity much like the Marfia who collect protection money to keep you safe from them. If you pay the money the Marfia does not need to do anything. This interview with the CEO from just after the AGM touches on many of the issues discussed here of late.

Note his comments about expanding the market beyond low power Edge (AKIDA -v- GPUs), design cycles, ecosystems, product readiness and working models with ARM and SiFive and royalties:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

FJ-215

Regular
Just saw this on Bloomberg. Another player in self driving cars struggling, this time Apple.

Apple Scales Back Self-Driving Car and Delays Debut Until 2026

By
Mark Gurman
7 December 2022 at 5:38 am AEDTUpdated on7 December 2022 at 5:52 am AEDT
From
https://www.bloomberg.com/hyperdrive

Apple Inc. has scaled back ambitious self-driving plans for its future electric vehicle and postponed the car’s target launch date by about a year to 2026, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
The car project, dubbed Titan inside the company, has been in limbo for the past several months as Apple executives grappled with the reality that its vision for a fully autonomous vehicle — without a steering wheel or pedals — isn’t feasible with current technology.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Wags

Regular
Interesting job posted at IMEC.
Not that I want to think every Neuromorphic job is Akida, but these comments (amongst others) did make me smile.
"To create this model of the world using only a limited energy budget and without relying on a cloud connection, neuromorphic compute fabric, integrated close to or on the same physical substrate as the sensors themselves is a key technology enabler."

Another interesting dot to dot.
Further to the job add for IMEC

I think this is significant. Also didn't RobT talk about a telecommunications company (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp.)

"A newly founded Japanese semiconductor company aiming to revive Japan's chip industry signed an agreement on Tuesday to collaborate with a Belgian research organization in developing next-generation chips for production in Japan." (aka IMEC)

"Economy and Industry Minister Yasutoshi Nishimura told reporters that the new company, Rapidus, which was launched last month by eight Japanese corporate giants including automakers, electronics and chip manufacturers, is teaming up with Imec, a Leuven, Belgium-based research organization known for nanoelectronics and digital technologies key to developing next-generation chips."

"Its members include automaker Toyota Motor Corp., electronics makers Sony Group Corp. and NEC Corp., SoftBank Corp., Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp. and computer memory maker Kioxia."

"Rapidus plans to send engineers to Imec and forge ties with other research labs and companies outside Japan."

2022-12-japan-belgium-cooperate-chip-production.html

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking

chapman89

Founding Member
Podcast out

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users
  • Fire
  • Love
If I was a Brainchip visionary and I had listened to the podcast just now and taken note of the discussion regarding transformers and Rob Telson having something happening with his gut I might immediately jump to a conclusion.

To have jumped to my conclusion though I would need to have remembered that in the Acting CEO Peter van der Made’s presentation to the 2021 AGM there was a slide on which he had detailed the technology evolutionary path for AKIDA through 1000, 1500, 2000 etc and described AKD2000 as adding LSTM & Transformers.

So am I correct to speculate that AKIDA 2.0 or whatever name it will carry will now be bringing NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING as well as LSTM to the very far EDGE.

I am certainly excited to find out.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
How do i attach this device to hotcrapper?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
If I was a Brainchip visionary and I had listened to the podcast just now and taken note of the discussion regarding transformers and Rob Telson having something happening with is gut I might immediately jump to a conclusion.

To have jumped to my conclusion though I would need to have remembered that in the Acting CEO Peter van der Made’s presentation to the 2021 AGM there was a slide on which he had detailed the technology evolutionary path for AKIDA through 1000, 1500, 2000 etc and described AKD2000 as adding LSTM & Transformers.

So am I correct to speculate that AKIDA 2.0 or whatever name it will carry will now be bringing NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING as well as LSTM to the very far EDGE.

I am certainly excited to find out.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi FF,

Yes I think so & I found it for you from 21st May 2021, I have attached 2 slides and the link

bc1.jpg

bc2.jpg

And there was this as well from 25th March 2020

bc3.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users
Wow. Thank you for confirming.

Thinking about the excitement at Mercedes Benz about their in cabin voice kinda convinces me they were definitely given early access to the AKD 2.0 IP.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Pmel

Regular
What is going on. Why is this sudden drop.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Interesting article regarding Sony.

The Sony/Prophesee/Brainchip triangle may end up being more important to Brainchip's success than any of us have ever imagined.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

robsmark

Regular
What is going on. Why is this sudden drop.
Shorters are taking advantage of the company silence. This will continue until we hear something extremely positive or see unexpected revenue. It is what it is.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Wow. Thank you for confirming.

Thinking about the excitement at Mercedes Benz about their in cabin voice kinda convinces me they were definitely given early access to the AKD 2.0 IP.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi FF,

Most welcome, & there is also this from 20th August 2021

bc4.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom