BRN Discussion Ongoing

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
As soon as the Restricted Stock Units vest, you have a tax liability in the US. So far Sean has been granted 6 million RSU's over 3 years (this was part of his initial salary package), so they vest at a rate of 2 mill per year This is as well as his liability for Fed income tax to the IR Dept, and then because he is most likely domiciled in Calif, most likely close by to Laguna Hills, he will also be liable to a chunk of State taxation as well. Calif State taxes are high, which is why many people are leaving Calif for lower taxing States in the US. The US taxation system is vastly different to the regime we have here.

So I have no problem whatsoever with Sean reducing his considerable tax liability, I am much more interested in his performance as our CEO and in his capacity as an Exec Director. It is way too early IMO to really assess how good, or otherwise his performance has been to this point in time. Having said that, the partnerships made this year are truly impressive, and speak to a good probability (some here would justifiably say high probability) of excellent outcomes, in terms of earnings growth. However some of the recent achievements would have to be, also attributed to the work of Rob Telson and Lou Di Nardo, as well as others along the way.

So we may/will get a better subjective fix on Seans performance moving forward, although with all the NDA's and the clandestine nature of the tech industry, it may turn out to be: a who would know kind of scenario, because staffing levels have grown so dramatically in recent times, and we won't really know who has achieved what - unless of course BRN decide to give SHers more information. For me the acid test will be the AGM next year, as I have said before I remain strong in my confidence in the Akida technology, and important outcomes look, on the surface of things, to be coming together. At the end of the day Sean is the CEO, he is not just a salesman.
“it may turn out to be: a who would know kind of scenario, because staffing levels have grown so dramatically in recent times, and we won't really know who has achieved what”

I agree but would add that the added staff are superstars in their own right.

A superstar CEO needs to have the ability to allow these types of employees to shine as brightly as their candle wants to burn to get every ounce of performance they are capable of giving.

It is trite to say that just as the CEO gets to carry the can when things go wrong he also gets to bask in the reflected glory when his staff achieve outcomes and goals that he has given them the resources, space and opportunity to succeed.

Even the fact that people of this quality have joined Brainchip is something which the CEO deserves some credit for as they would clearly have taken note of who was going to be sitting above them or driving Board policy and strategy.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Kachoo

Regular
As @Diogenese said today off the back of good news which the Facts support the adjective sensational news might well be used the price of Brainchip shares retreats.

There is clearly an epidemic of the psychological condition “Fear of Success” spreading across retail investors otherwise how else can this be explained when:

ARM partnered with Brainchip

Edge Impulse partnered with Brainchip

SiFive partnered with Brainchip

Mercedes Benz trusting Brainchip AKIDA technology

VALEO trusting AKIDA technology

NASA trusting AKIDA technology

Nviso has partnered with Brainchip

Prophesee partnered with Brainchip

ISL and US Airforce Research implementing AKIDA

MegaChips having licensed AKIDA IP and advancing its market adoption

RENESAS taping out a 22nm chip with AKIDA IP and bringing it to market across a broad range of use cases in six to nine months

A long in hand cash runway of at least 2 years

Stellar people joining the Board and senior management.

Additional hiring of sales and engineering staff continuing at pace.

Existing engineering staff winning awards.

Yet barely more than half of one percent of shares on issue can drag down the share price.

The reality is market conditions are allowing manipulators and criminals to play their disgusting games without fear of non existent regulators saying boo.

Eventually the dam wall will burst and the manipulators will all be washed away.

Now more than ever it is critical to DYOR and have a solid plan.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Well said @Fact Finder ! I'm just shocked that people are still negative not necessarily about BRN but the SP and looking at places to lay blame.

One argument I heard was we will lose first to market if we drag out adoption.

Competition has caught up.

This and that is bad.

Well folks just look Renesas is now taping our chip IP and will implement it in products. That's clear as day they choose BRN and not some competing company.

The price is lagging for a few reasons.

1. New money is not entering the markets at moment. Lots of uncertainty.

2. The risk on trade is off in this economic environment. Why less spare cash for many to buy shares.

3. Short interest is pretty high at the moment also which does not help and scares new money. (IMO is funny as they do need to cover eventually.) Also the short reporting is quite in accurate as i saw on one site mor covered on a day that actually traded😳 i think it was November 29th.

4. The next step in BRN is comercialization and revenue. This will come I believe and customers implementing there IP.

So untill we get a quarter over quarter growth we will be volatile both directions.
The thing that we can do that's in our control is Buy Sell or hold. On our DD.

Things that people are doing is find blame where there is none. Not Sean then Peter not Renesas bot MC Not some random poster that provided info that was beneficial to their agenda.

We will all be sellers eventually at different levels to what will make you Happy or if you lost patience then you may sell in an angry state. But know we are responsible for our actions.

In my opinion I see BRN has grown significantly they have futher connected with the marjets they are chasing. New flow Is happening faster and more media on all fronts. This points to a growing market. Where an what we grow to is an unknow.

All in my opinion.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
I'm retail and I don't need or want sugar hits.
It takes as long as it takes.
I'm not saying I wouldn't be more comfortable and happier to see the share price higher, but given the following sentiment, I am using the current conditions to my advantage.
If I did not have faith in the product, the management team, or thought the company was in trouble financially or strategically I would pull or reduce my exposure.
I continue to hold and add to my position as finances and my individual circumstances permit.
I have ridden through and sacrificed much to attain my current holdings and am damned if I'll be shaken by this vulgar and obvious manipulation.
Owning my share of this company will enable me a future I could otherwise only dream about.
It already has, but I expect many more multiples beyond this over the coming years.
I'm not letting this unicorn fly away without me.

AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH.

Beautifully said, couldn't agree more (y)

Look how beautiful our BrainChip Unicorn is, she's only slightly lifted one leg so far, wait till she lifts all her legs & starts to fly 💙🦄💙

unicorn GIF by Ice Breakers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Just checked the BRN website for the Sally Ward-Foxton podcast which was supposed to be out 3pm PDT which I assume is Perth Day Time.
No show as yet.

Reactions: 3 users

VictorG

Isn't it amazing that every time the share price drops a call for announcements reverberates throughout this forum. It's not like asking the same questions over and over again and expecting different answers because that would be the definition of insanity, oh wait!?

So the only guidance we have are the press releases and the financials. I've accepted these conditions of being a BRN shareholder and while I too would like the odd announcement, I see absolutely no sense in harping on endlessly about announcements when doing so changes nothing.

I retire at the end of 2025 by which time I expect BRN to be at least $10 per share, that is what I'm focused on.
Everything else until then is just noise, he said - she said dribble. Unfortunately the actual receipts, the hard facts, the amazing research done in this forum would also be drowned out if not for contributors such as FF, Dio and a few others. It's not their job to constantly remind some here that BRN has been making huge gains and cementing our future as shareholders, tbh it's getting tiresome.

It's not hard to work out who in this forum will be holding when BRN is micrsoft x 10 should that happen. My only wish is that the rest of us collectively hold our nerves through the highs and lows and not let emotions rob us of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Click on this and give it a like to show support for the hard work of BrainChip research scientist Vi Nguyen Thanh Le

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just checked the BRN website for the Sally Ward-Foxton podcast which was supposed to be out 3pm PDT which I assume is Perth Day Time.
No show as yet.
California - Pacific daylight Time

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

Isn't it amazing that every time the share price drops a call for announcements reverberates throughout this forum. It's not like asking the same questions over and over again and expecting different answers because that would be the definition of insanity, oh wait!?

So the only guidance we have are the press releases and the financials. I've accepted these conditions of being a BRN shareholder and while I too would like the odd announcement, I see absolutely no sense in harping on endlessly about announcements when doing so changes nothing.

I retire at the end of 2025 by which time I expect BRN to be at least $10 per share, that is what I'm focused on.
Everything else until then is just noise, he said - she said dribble. Unfortunately the actual receipts, the hard facts, the amazing research done in this forum would also be drowned out if not for contributors such as FF, Dio and a few others. It's not their job to constantly remind some here that BRN has been making huge gains and cementing our future as shareholders, tbh it's getting tiresome.

It's not hard to work out who in this forum will be holding when BRN is micrsoft x 10 should that happen. My only wish is that the rest of us collectively hold our nerves through the highs and lows and not let emotions rob us of this once in a lifetime opportunity.
I plan to retire about the same time so perhaps we can catch up and talk about all the things we are going to be doing with our monstrous wealth.
Cheers to you Victor.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

VictorG

I plan to retire about the same time so perhaps we can catch up and talk about all the things we are going to be doing with our monstrous wealth.
Cheers to you Victor.
Great Idea, I'm in. Anywhere, anytime, many times ;)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Wags

Regular
Interesting job posted at IMEC.
Not that I want to think every Neuromorphic job is Akida, but these comments (amongst others) did make me smile.
"To create this model of the world using only a limited energy budget and without relying on a cloud connection, neuromorphic compute fabric, integrated close to or on the same physical substrate as the sensors themselves is a key technology enabler."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

Reactions: 4 users

skutza

Regular
I believe someone said that Brainchip had a Stellar year. I agree 100%. Did the SP go to where many wanted? Nope, but I believe that the biggest issue we face is still understanding and revenue. We are valued at $1.2+ billion dollars, that's not too shabby! Once people can see AKIDA IP in a device and see the potential and the earnings, they will get out there calculators do the math and then decide, not if they'll buy, but how much money they want to make.
We all expect the "big boys' whoever they are?? or others to jump on board. Many people I know invest in stocks that will give them dividend earnings. They want to buy into something that they can see will earn X amount and get a % each year. The share price rise or fall is not as important to them as the dividend.

I believe that once we see an improvement in earnings, then we get in the speculative buyers that will get in for the share price rise and then save some for dividends later. Then when we get our first dividends, well you'll all be driving around in the latest versions of the Vison EQXX as that is when the real big players will come on board for an easy 5-12% dividend earning. All of course IMO but we'll see who is right in 5 years from this post :) Good luck all, 2022 was a great year, with time passing we get closer, day by day month by month, year by year. It all depends on how much you want to have. enough for yourself, or the next few generations of "smiths" that come along :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
MB Just tweeted this.... o_Oo_Oo_O SAE Level 4.. Look pretty slick tbh

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
Evening chippers.
As I do I have been reading silently in the wings and doing my due diligence which has resulted in my pennys saved each week turning into small parcels of shares. Why do I do this, well I am comfortable by my decisions, and I like what I see.

I like to keep things simple.
If I wanted to sell cool drinks to every shop, deli or supermarket in Perth, can you imagine the resistance, laughs and rejections I would receive.

So if I had the next new flavor and drink sensation would I continue to try and get shelf/fridge space or get discouraged quickly.

I would do neither.

I, having confidence in my product would approach Coke or Pepsi as see if they wanted to brand the product but pay me a royalty fee.

Now if they do take an interest and they do start to ship my product the cash flow may be slow, shit it may be Lumpy but if my product is good every kid in Perth will soon be demanding the product have more and more shelf space as the shop keepers get sick of topping up the shelves.

So let me think what this reminds me off - Megapepsi or Cokanasus either way I think its worth the wait to see what the consumers think as ultimately these companies are taking just as much a punt as me hoping the customer like the flavor.

Now the question then really becomes will the customers really like it. Well, that's where the 1000s eyes give me comfort.

Remember WA stands for Wait awhile.

NDA stands for Network dominating architecture.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users
“Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE:TSM) is set to make history with one of the largest foreign investments in the United States. The company will announce plans today to build its second chip plant in Arizona, increasing its investment in the state to $40B. The event will be attended by President Biden, as well as CEOs who will benefit from the increase in American chip production, like Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) CEO Tim Cook, Micron's (NASDAQ:MU) Sanjay Mehrotra and Nvidia's (NASDAQ:NVDA) Jensen Huang.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users
S

Straw

1670331777756.png

Xenomorphic chip (apologies for the random thought)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
NASA firm list for contract negotiations posted couple days ago.

Confirms Ph I for Intellisense ADORBL and Numem which we had good idea were goers.

ADORBL not mention Akida specifically but is neuromorphic COTS which I think is safe bet as given they did mention working with Akida in NECR and Numem do mention us as we know.

Intellisense already previously confirmed Ph II on NECR.

View attachment 21916 View attachment 21917 View attachment 21918 View attachment 21919
Was checking in on NASA again and as we know Numem have been selected for Ph I contract negotiation for this year and will be looking to use Akida in the project.

Having a look at their website and their focus is MRAM:

A new class of Resistive RAMs

A new class of Resistive RAMs (MRAM, ReRAM) are on the verge of disrupting the semiconductor industry by enabling cost effective integration of non-volatile memory and, over time, a lower cost and lower power alternative to SRAM. These new memory types use a standard process for base layers and as such can scale down to lower geometries while Flash stops at 28nm.

What I am asking myself is under this section...wonder where they may get future assistance with this.....hmmmm

Success via NASA would not only benefit themselves but also Akida obviously.

1670333167584.png

1670333265750.png

Still a young company by the looks and backed in originally by MAAN Ventures.

For a NASA refresher:

1670332714777.png

1670332807931.png

Attachments

• 1670333128139.png
    1670333128139.png
    499.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom