HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I’m promiscuous. I dream a lot.
@Slade
And soon children, we shall all have our fingers in a pie that is UBIQUITOUS! 🤣

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Fabulous job @chapman89, even Chris Stevens reposted 👏👏👏 and Raul Vergara from Edge Impulse commenting ;Exciting times ahead for us shareholders me think.😊

View attachment 23483 View attachment 23484 View attachment 23485

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖
Tapeout definition - wikipedia
In electronics and photonics design, tape-out or tapeout is the final result of the design process for integrated circuits or printed circuit boards before they are sent for manufacturing. The tapeout is specifically the point at which the graphic for the photomask of the circuit is sent to the fabrication facility.

Fire up the fab ladies and gents!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Having some experience I think we should arrange for a mental health team visit for this poor sick individual.

All he or she need do is ask and provide a contact address via a private message to @zeeb0t but the real one this time.

I have no doubt @zeeb0t will treat his or her previously supplied false details as a symptom of their mental health issues and not take it any further.

All they need do is reach out and help will be provided.

Otherwise they can go to a very dark place and never return. 😂🤣😂🤡😂🤣
Yeah, happy to send some of our boys around for a chat. 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

GazDix

Regular
I love it when the likes of chicken Parma turn up.

Means we are prime for for a Xmas present.

DYOR.
Absolutely.

Chicken Parma leaves HC and goes to the last bastion (TSE forum) for retail investors to talk freely and (usually) not get bullied and read bollocks from regular posters who downramp on stocks they don't own --- smells like desperation to me for us to sell our shares at a real discount until the real re-rate.

Fantastic news from Renesas at the weekend. There is nothing more satisfying than being a long term investor in a company and watch it progress over time.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

Attachments

• Pie.PNG
    Pie.PNG
    386.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

Attachments

• A novel method for detecting morphologically simil_221205_142045.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 79 users
I can't wait to see the explosion and never hear from shareman again

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Things are getting more Exciting!

View attachment 23533

Edit: Copy of the paper.
https://ro.ecu.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=8801&context=ecuworkspost2013

It's great to be a shareholder🏖
@TECH Example number 2 😅😉

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
So much going on at the moment. I’m not sure why people are asking for announcements. I’m struggling to keep up with all the news flow lately.

Nothing confirmed or concrete of course but all the information coming in points to the direction the edge technology is headed.

The future looks good!

I may have missed this podcast (11/11/22) involving Renesas regarding AI at the edge; so apologies if posted previously:

Actual interview starts at about 3.20 mins but the preface is interesting also.

Not verbatim but: “There’s going to be a phenomenal area of growth for the company and industry at large despite the temporary slowdowns which might be occurring.”

1350: ”We’re adding neural processing units as well; and those are going to come out in the next 6-9 months.

Enjoy

:)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TECH

Regular
@TECH Example number 2 😅😉

That's excellent, but you haven't actually answered the question, "DOD first IMO"

Why first in your opinion, please? "Based on what exactly"?

Techstar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

McHale

Regular
I would add this FACT in the USA the IRS, just like the ATO, will not allow a deduction for interest paid on monies borrowed to pay a tax liability.

Some might recall I compared the 3 year timeline of Sony bringing their Prophesee event based vision sensor to mass market with the various Brainchip relationships.

At 2 years to tape out it seems that Renesas and Brainchip are following a similar timeline to bring AKIDA to mass market.

As the Chairman said the share price will do what the share price will do.

Sugar hits that appeal to some retail investors do only one thing they give trading opportunities to retail and institutional traders.

Sustained value will come in the form of sustained income growth in the 4Cs.

The reveal by Renesas comes roughly when the acting CEO Peter van der Made said it would way back at the end of 2021. About the same time he also said the market did not understand the significance of the MegaChip IP license.

Brainchip just keep delivering and long term visionary shareholders clearly understand and trust the vision.

As for the rest it is hard to believe with everything known by those who have actually what their motivation can actually be for the constant criticism of the company and its policies.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Australian investors who are not familiar with the US taxation system, would generally not understand tax liability there.
I have (in the distant past) traded options in the US, so do have familiarity with obligations imposed by the Internal Revenue Dept,
it was the main reason I ceased trading options in the US.

Under IR law Sean has tax liability on a percentage of those "Restricted Stock Units " each year, so executives who are offered
this type of incentive (quite often in leiu of salary) in US, do exactly what Sean has done here - sell to cover tax liability/exposure. Australian tax law is somewhat different, and investors here are only looking at crystallizing Capital Gains tax liability (a different kind of tax) when they sell shares - it is simply a different system in the US.

The story about Sean lacking faith in the company, based on the recent sale of some of his incentive shares - is simply a non story.
Sean has to deal with US tax law, so give the guy a break on that one.

So FF while I agree with most of what you have said here, I have a different view re motivation and constant criticism. You are correct
in saying that if a person has read these threads, read the Brainchip website, watched all the presentations by Brainchip and partners and otherwise done their own research, then this would enable them to make an informed decision to buy or not, based off of good due diligence.
That IMO makes perfect sense, and I truly appreciate your endeavours here, as well as the great research presented by so many other posters here.

However it's my belief that BRN are open to criticism with regard to the brevity and format of their Quarterly Reports:
Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 12.34.24 pm.png

The above is a screenshot of the June Qtrly, the Sept Qtrly was 1 paragraph longer, but 1 of those paragraphs was virtually
a verbatim rehash of part of the June report. IMO it is slim pickings, and the fact is, that BRN had made significant strides in both
of those Qtrs, and as you allude the info is all on the ASX, the BRN website or on these pages. But very little in the Qtrlys. Why would you bother?

However I would contend that BRN is doing itself, and SHrs a disservice, by not providing a broader compilation of what has taken
place during the Qtr in those reports. I would like to see info for instance regarding how many staff have been employed and what it is that they
are being tasked with. I would like to see how many new sales engagements were undertaken, and how those engagements are progressing, I don't want any breaches of confidetiality, but NDA's do not preclude BRN from providing an overview of progress. What progress is being made with the research area - what is the vision going forward. What the staff have to say about the company, some photos of the office or a diligently applied staff member. Other companies do this in Qtrlys - I regularly read many Qtrlys and IMO what we are getting served up is not good enough, the paucity of information provided. Take a look at Qtrly from WBT in Sept - at least they make an effort.

BRN have an Investor Relations person, and I have never contacted Tony Dawe to this point, however I will do so now, and convey my feelings on this subject.

Some of the above aside, as I said earlier, it is a fact that BRN has made significant strides this year, and on that front I am pleased, of course
I wanna see the money, in the main however the clear progress made gives me encouragement. Some amazing connections and partnerships being made. BRN unlike many of their peers in the tech sector have been putting on lots of staff, not terminating them - which in itself says a lot, and the quality of some of these hires certainly speaks to "something is happening here".

Back to the constant criticism and motivations, I don't see how it can be any other way, this an open forum of individual opinions. There are posters who obviously come here with bad or manipulative intent, and they are only here to further ulterior motives, and I think in some cases just to annoy regular posters or sow seeds of distrust or suspicion.

Then you get the fence sitters, some are regular contributors holding on in hope and not some small amount of uncertainty, who may seemingly bend with the ever changing winds, they want to believe but.....then everyone is entitled to a change of mind, and no deal is certain until you have the money in hand.

Some posters and holders are simply not that well informed or researched, I find myself being regularly impressed by the kindness of yourself FF, and many other posters here, in the way you share information and understanding of this investment. However some strangers to kindness won't get it, while others may be eternally grateful.

On the whole though this BRN forum is an inspiring place largely fired by the will, diligence, belief, knowledge and kindness of the other type of poster here - the true believers, but even amongst the most rusted on there may occasionally be a doubt, that's OK with me. Take what you want; I will reiterate though, the years concern me more than anything else, of course because of my advancing age, but mostly because of the growing headwinds Sean spoke to in that brief recent Qtrly. Most unfortunately we are not looking at a garden variety market correction here, big things afoot. GLTAH and go BRN

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 96 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Based on the considerable amount of preparation and obvious strategic thinking that is going into the BRN saga which has been demonstrated on so many occasions I have lost count I just have one question for Schnitzel lover .... Who is using the Family Brain Cell today ?

No one.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
So much going on at the moment. I’m not sure why people are asking for announcements. I’m struggling to keep up with all the news flow lately.

Nothing confirmed or concrete of course but all the information coming in points to the direction the edge technology is headed.

The future looks good!

I may have missed this podcast (11/11/22) involving Renesas regarding AI at the edge; so apologies if posted previously:

Actual interview starts at about 3.20 mins but the preface is interesting also.

Not verbatim but: “There’s going to be a phenomenal area of growth for the company and industry at large despite the temporary slowdowns which might be occurring.”

1350: ”We’re adding neural processing units as well; and those are going to come out in the next 6-9 months.

Enjoy

Where announcement?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Where announcement?

Hi Izzzy,

Not sure if you‘re joking or not?

My understanding is that once Brainchip sells some IP to another company, e.g. Renesas then what the company does or doesn’t do regarding announcements is up to them.

I used the example before that once I sell a house; the owner can do what they want with it, e.g. paint it, knock it over or re-sell it. It’s got nothing to do with me as to what the new owner does with it.

So it’s up to Renesas when/what they announce regarding the use of Brainchip’s IP and I think it would be a bit rude of Brainchip to meddle in another business’s affairs. I’m not sure it would be a favourable model to make announcements on behalf of other companies.

If what I heard in the Podcast (6-9 months) is relative to Akida then it shows the long runway from signing an IP licence in 2020 to selling a product. This has been stated previously however every day brings us closer to more EAP’s coming out of the dark and singing Akida’s praises.

Once the OEM’s bring plug and play devices to market then more smaller companies can jump in and get involved and I am hopeful of an exponential growth effect.

There is so much in the pipeline that even if everything we have read about doesn’t come to fruition I am confident there will be enough business/revenue for Brainchip to be self-sufficient and profitable.

Cheers all!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
Wondering if any of these MCUs will be the Dec target with Renesas?

Or will it have something to do with the below connection as the 3rd party device...snip after the RA product table.

Might notice some names in that connection we have a relationship with.

RA Family of Arm® Cortex®-M based MCUs​

Happened middle this year & we know it's compatible.

IMG_20221205_141921.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Hi Izzzy,

Not sure if you‘re joking or not?

My understanding is that once Brainchip sells some IP to another company, e.g. Renesas then what the company does or doesn’t do regarding announcements is up to them.

I used the example before that once I sell a house; the owner can do what they want with it, e.g. paint it, knock it over or re-sell it. It’s got nothing to do with me as to what the new owner does with it.

So it’s up to Renesas when/what they announce regarding the use of Brainchip’s IP and I think it would be a bit rude of Brainchip to meddle in another business’s affairs. I’m not sure it would be a favourable model to make announcements on behalf of other companies.

if what I heard in the Podcast (6-9 months) is relative to Akida then it shows the long runway from signing an IP licence in 2020 to selling a product. This has been stated previously however every day brings us closer to more EAP’s coming out of the dark and singing Akida’s praises.

Once the OEM’s bring plug and play devices to market then more smaller companies can jump in and get involved and I am hopeful of a exponential growth effect.

There is so much in the pipeline that even if everything we have read about doesn’t come to fruition I am confident there will be enough business/revenue for Brainchip to be self sufficient and profitable.

Cheers all!

It was a joke but I guess this helps others

Reactions: 4 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
That's excellent, but you haven't actually answered the question, "DOD first IMO"

Why first in your opinion, please? "Based on what exactly"?

Techstar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
All advanced technologies which are invented and produce an advantage over existing technologies are taken by NASA and Defence first. Civi's ( termed by the army as civilians) receive and adopt the trickled down versions in everyday use cases. Any new advanced versions of Akida will not be seen by us until the top tiers have adopted and utilized to their maximum capabilities.

Make no mistake AI is the new oil and race to to be at the forefront is intense.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Wondering if any of these MCUs will be the Dec target with Renesas?

Or will it have something to do with the below connection as the 3rd party device...snip after the RA product table.

Might notice some names in that connection we have a relationship with.

RA Family of Arm® Cortex®-M based MCUs​

Happened middle this year & we know it's compatible.

View attachment 23539

Just a recent Arduino blog and a couple snips that were interesting.

Get Started With Machine Learning on Arduino
Learn how to train and use machine learning models with the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense
AUTHOR:
Sandeep Mistry and Dominic Pajak
LAST REVISION:
28/11/2022, 10:46 pm

Arduino is on a mission to make machine learning simple enough for anyone to use. We’ve been working with the TensorFlow Lite team over the past few months and are excited to show you what we’ve been up to together: bringing TensorFlow Lite Micro to the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense.

In this article, we’ll show you how to install and run several new TensorFlow Lite Micro examples that are now available in the Arduino Library Manager.

The first tutorial below shows you how to install a neural network on your Arduino board to recognize simple voice commands

The Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense has a variety of onboard sensors meaning potential for some cool TinyML applications:

Voice – digital microphone
Motion – 9-axis IMU (accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer)
Environmental – temperature, humidity and pressure
Light – brightness, color and object proximity

Unlike classic Arduino Uno, the board combines a microcontroller with onboard sensors which means you can address many use cases without additional hardware or wiring. The board is also small enough to be used in end applications like wearables. As the name suggests it has Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity so you can send data (or inference results) to a laptop, mobile app or other Bluetooth® Low Energy boards and peripherals.

Tip: Sensors on a USB stick – Connecting the BLE Sense board over USB is an easy way to capture data and add multiple sensors to single board computers without the need for additional wiring or hardware – a nice addition to a Raspberry Pi, for example.

Microcontrollers and TinyML

Microcontrollers, such as those used on Arduino boards, are low-cost, single chip, self-contained computer systems. They’re the invisible computers embedded inside billions of everyday gadgets like wearables, drones, 3D printers, toys, rice cookers, smart plugs, e-scooters, washing machines. The trend to connect these devices is part of what is referred to as the Internet of Things.

Arduino is an open-source platform and community focused on making microcontroller application development accessible to everyone. The board we’re using here has an Arm Cortex-M4 microcontroller running at 64 MHz with 1 MB Flash memory and 256 KB of RAM. This is tiny in comparison to cloud, PC, or mobile but reasonable by microcontroller standards.

There are practical reasons you might want to squeeze ML on microcontrollers, including:

Function – wanting a smart device to act quickly and locally (independent of the Internet).
Cost – accomplishing this with simple, lower cost hardware.
Privacy – not wanting to share all sensor data externally.
Efficiency – smaller device form-factor, energy-harvesting or longer battery life.
There’s a final goal which we’re building towards that is very important:

Machine learning can make microcontrollers accessible to developers who don’t have a background in embedded development
On the machine learning side, there are techniques you can use to fit neural network models into memory constrained devices like microcontrollers. One of the key steps is the quantization of the weights from floating point to 8-bit integers. This also has the effect of making inference quicker to calculate and more applicable to lower clock-rate devices.

TinyML is an emerging field and there is still work to do – but what’s exciting is there’s a vast unexplored application space out there. Billions of microcontrollers combined with all sorts of sensors in all sorts of places which can lead to some seriously creative and valuable TinyML applications in the future.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom