BRN Discussion Ongoing

JDelekto

Regular
Sorry but can’t agree with you on this one lol

If they are at the point where they have done the tape-out, they have already gone a long way to get there (it will be about two years since Renesas signed on with BrainChip), and the journey isn't over yet.

Once they send the results for fabrication, they could run into problems fabricating their design at the foundry. Additionally, it is possible that the first chip received can fail functional testing and needs to go back for one or more iterations.

While Renesas' progress is excellent news from an engineering standpoint, it's possible that they may not be selling the chips with BrainChip's IP until 2024. I think for investors expecting to see rapid revenue growth, this news may not be super exciting for them.

A key takeaway is that this further validates the use of BrainChip IP and is one of the tendrils (along with MegaChips' products) that will take root to provide a future revenue stream for BrainChip.

I would be more excited to see an announcement of a partner's product availability at the end of the engineering process or news of more signed IP agreements. The number of IP agreements doesn't need to be that high if they are at the right level of the supply chain.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Slade

Top 20
If they are at the point where they have done the tape-out, they have already gone a long way to get there (it will be about two years since Renesas signed on with BrainChip), and the journey isn't over yet.

Once they send the results for fabrication, they could run into problems fabricating their design at the foundry. Additionally, it is possible that the first chip received can fail functional testing and needs to go back for one or more iterations.

While Renesas' progress is excellent news from an engineering standpoint, it's possible that they may not be selling the chips with BrainChip's IP until 2024. I think for investors expecting to see rapid revenue growth, this news may not be super exciting for them.

A key takeaway is that this further validates the use of BrainChip IP and is one of the tendrils (along with MegaChips' products) that will take root to provide a future revenue stream for BrainChip.

I would be more excited to see an announcement of a partner's product availability at the end of the engineering process or news of more signed IP agreements. The number of IP agreements doesn't need to be that high if they are at the right level of the supply chain.
Our little company BrainChip tapped out Akida and then the fabrication went very smoothly. I am confident that Renesas will also have such good fortune. I’m hoping for 12 weeks and the chip is in the hands of their customers.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Dhm

Regular

Brainchip is sprinkled through this video, and specifically talked about at the 25:35m. Thanks @Mt09 for first publishing.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 9.54.08 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 9.47.12 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 9.46.27 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

JDelekto

Regular
Our little company BrainChip tapped out Akida and then the fabrication went very smoothly. I am confident that Renesas will also have such good fortune. I’m hoping for 12 weeks and the chip is in the hands of their customers.

I admire your optimism. If they are already working from existing tried and tested designs (like integrating BrainChip with RISC-V), then I don't think it will take quite as long as a brand-new design.

If I had to venture a guess under favorable conditions, I'd say maybe somewhere between the middle or the end of next year. There are a lot of factors that come into play, and I don't have enough information to be anywhere near close. It's fun to guess, though!

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Slade

Top 20
I admire your optimism. If they are already working from existing tried and tested designs (like integrating BrainChip with RISC-V), then I don't think it will take quite as long as a brand-new design.

If I had to venture a guess under favorable conditions, I'd say maybe somewhere between the middle or the end of next year. There are a lot of factors that come into play, and I don't have enough information to be anywhere near close. It's fun to guess, though!
Middle of next year is 6 months. That’s better than your original 2024

Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

robsmark

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

TopCat

Regular
Maybe not as exciting as the Renesas news today but maybe something can develop from this collaboration

Rome, November 30, 2022 - Thales Alenia Space, joint venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), and the European Space Agency (ESA) have signed a letter of intent to collaborate in supporting the creation of future disruptive space-based solutions in the Earth Observation domain.

Thales Alenia Space will cooperate with the ESA Φ-lab to explore innovative technologies based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and their applications to use cases of significant interest to both entities.

Artificial Intelligence and new computing paradigms like neuromorphic, quantum, and edge computing, applied to both optical and radar Earth Observation data, are a strategic area of interest for both Φ-lab and Thales Alenia Space. Key topics of the collaboration include end-to-end learning for Synthetic-Aperture Radar (SAR) data, physically-based Artificial Intelligence to extract information from SAR data and enable object detection, recognition and classification, collective intelligence and federated learning at the edge, and the use of AI and Earth Observation in immersive-reality scenarios such as Augmented and Virtual reality for satellite and mission data management.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Kachoo

Regular
¾we
I wouldn't be expecting one on the ASX for this.
I agree with @Wilzthat there probably won't be an announcement it's not warranted. We have sold IP that it every step Renesas does does not need to be reported by BRN. If we get some payment for what they have done it will be in the C4

Reactions: 13 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
¾we

I agree with @Wilzthat there probably won't be an announcement it's not warranted. We have sold IP that it every step Renesas does does not need to be reported by BRN. If we get some payment for what they have done it will be in the C4
Hopefully the next 4c will pack some c4
200.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Hi Sharekid, nice of you to make the trip over to the dark side 👋. The seasoned pros from Motley Tool that understand dirt in the ground and that’s about it??

Edge impulse seem pretty happy with us, even comparing Akida @ 300 MHz to a gpu running @ 900 MHz.

Renesas have licensed our tech, I’d say they’re experts in their field, not dirt in the ground.. And what’s this fresh off the press Renesas are taping out a chip with our IP?

Hardly a hype company my friend!

Bloody great darts @Mt09

Whatta wonderful find!

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Isn’t it staggering that at the end of 2022 shareholders still have to don’t join and can’t get any visibility on the company’s progress.

I think there must be people out there who are in the industry that can verify one way or the other if the Akida tech is a leader and it’s a race to market for companies using BRN IP.. Or if it’s just going to remain a big hype company forever..

Seasoned pros are still ridiculing this company, and often will say if it was any good it would be taken over by a bigger company.. Prove them wrong please.. It’s gotten painful..

This is going to age well... 🤡🤡🤡

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
A bit of chart comparison. Its easy to analyse day to day performance but rarely do we zoom out.
2year comparison.png

5year.png

Reactions: 10 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom