BRN Discussion Ongoing

Beebo

Regular

Would someone please explain what “taping out” means in the Process of Things (PoT)? 😀

Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

Schnitzel lover, Isn't it staggering your handle is a play on pork "Pigs might fly" I bet you love a little "Salad" with your meal and a cup of "Milo" after.
That's a
Fuck Off Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO
from me, a proud chipper foot soldier.:cool:
Can’t agree more after reading all both members replies to anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

Hi FF.

I know you have been quite strong with your opinion on how much weight an ASX announcement such as Ford being an EAP and if they were no longer an EAP, we would need to be advised if they were no longer an EAP through another Price sensitive announcement. Otherwise, it would be considered deception by Brainchip and potentially legal action could be taken against them. Forgive me if I have put words in your mouth but I recall you saying something to that effect.

In saying that, a statement such as “(Akida) WILL be the computational foundation of smart sensing in all edge devices.” is extremely strong in its language and I assume, extremely intentional. How much weight does a statement like this hold? If we do not become the foundation (or things change and it looks like we won't be), is there any grounds for legal action? If they do not believe we will become this foundation at some point, should they be advising the change of their opinion? Because based on that statement, investing in Brainchip is a (pardon the pun) no brainer!

Chief Executive Jim Farley on Wednesday said Ford will shift its development focus away from fully self-driving systems developed by Argo to advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) created internally at Ford. Such systems are partially automated but still require humans to stay engaged when a vehicle is moving.
Profitable, fully autonomous vehicles at scale are a long way off and we won’t necessarily have to create that technology ourselves," Farley said in a statement.

Reactions: 13 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Hi Sharekid, nice of you to make the trip over to the dark side 👋. The seasoned pros from Motley Tool that understand dirt in the ground and that’s about it??

Edge impulse seem pretty happy with us, even comparing Akida @ 300 MHz to a gpu running @ 900 MHz.

Renesas have licensed our tech, I’d say they’re experts in their field, not dirt in the ground.. And what’s this fresh off the press Renesas are taping out a chip with our IP?

Hardly a hype company my friend!

Wow Mt09,

Nice find. 🥳🥳🥳

Getting up to watch the Socceroo( go Aussie)

Now, double the excitement, thank you for sharing 😊 👏🥳

Learning

Reactions: 12 users
Would someone please explain what “taping out” means in the Process of Things (PoT)? 😀
In electronics and photonics design, tape-out or tapeout is the final result of the design process for integrated circuits or printed circuit boards before they are sent for manufacturing. The tapeout is specifically the point at which the graphic for the photomask of the circuit is sent to the fabrication facility.
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
D

Deleted member 118

Hi Sharekid, nice of you to make the trip over to the dark side 👋. The seasoned pros from Motley Tool that understand dirt in the ground and that’s about it??

Edge impulse seem pretty happy with us, even comparing Akida @ 300 MHz to a gpu running @ 900 MHz.

Renesas have licensed our tech, I’d say they’re experts in their field, not dirt in the ground.. And what’s this fresh off the press Renesas are taping out a chip with our IP?

Hopefully some sort off announcement by BRN as this must truly deserve it.

Come on BRN do the right thing for us investors and burn some of those shorters Monday morning as this surely must be a price sensitive announcement

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

GREAT FIND GENEROUSLY SHARED Mt09 MANY THANKS.

So Renesas in a sign of deep and long term commitment to Brainchip’s AKIDA Technology specifically acquire the tools to support AKIDA:

“Renesas Electronics is to acquire US startup Reality Analytics Inc. (Reality AI) for its embedded edge AI tools in an all-cash transaction”

As a result as Anil Mankar has mentioned many times Renesas is tapping out a 22nm chip via a third party foundry with the intention to test the market at 40nm and above in house depending on market demand:

“Our next move is to more advanced technology nodes to push the microcontrollers into the gigahertz regime and that’s where the is overlap with microprocessors. The way I look at it is all about the system performance.”

“Now you have accelerators for driving AI with neural processing units rather than a dual core CPU. We are working with a third party taping out a device in December on 22nm CMOS,” said Chittipeddi.

Brainchip and Renesas signed a deal in December 2020 to implement the spiking neural network technology. Tools are vital for this new area. “The partner gives us the training tools that are needed,”

So the journey to every sensor being made intelligent continues.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 90 users
I can’t find anything directly from Renesas or Sailesh Chittipeddi?

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hopefully some sort off announcement by BRN as this must truly deserve it.

I wouldn't be expecting one on the ASX for this.

Reactions: 4 users

NickBRN

Reactions: 3 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 2 users
Isn’t it staggering that at the end of 2022 shareholders still have to don’t join and can’t get any visibility on the company’s progress.

I think there must be people out there who are in the industry that can verify one way or the other if the Akida tech is a leader and it’s a race to market for companies using BRN IP.. Or if it’s just going to remain a big hype company forever..

Seasoned pros are still ridiculing this company, and often will say if it was any good it would be taken over by a bigger company.. Prove them wrong please.. It’s gotten painful..
"Seasoned pros" you say, oh dear... You are going to have to try harder and do better than that to get a foot hold around here.

Even with all the global goings on of the last 12 months, has Brainchip ever deviated from their plan? absolutely not.

Nevermind the fact that Brainchip has continued to build a world class team, continued to build its corporate profile, brand and global presence, continued to place our technology into the hands of global leaders in their respective fields, continued to build its partner ecosystem and continued to drive the future development of Akida in order to maintain and build on its already years ahead lead in the industry.

As Mt09's response has demonstrated there is no doubt that our technology has been verified. We continue to build a world class disciplined team who are delivering our technology to market. Progression on all fronts has been measured and sustained over 2022 as I reflect over our performance over this period I am more confident than ever. No pain, no need for verification, no hype. Happy Sunday all.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 68 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
As Mt09's response has demonstrated there is no doubt that our technology has been verified
Verified by everyone except the "seasoned pros" (WANCA's, et. al).

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Slade

Top 20
This is big news for BrainChip and I would not be surprised by a big Announcement. It appears that it’s not just about BrainChip and Renesas but a three way collaboration. I can’t wait to find out more. The question is, how many of these chips will Renesas order. 1 million, 10 million,…….? And at what point will royalties come into it?

• Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I wouldn't be expecting one on the ASX for this.
Agreed. We will be earning revenue on the sales of these individual units. Renesas could be supplying them to 10 different customers.
Something we may never know but it will show up as revenue in the financials. Who said "watch the financials"

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
The question is, how many of these chips will Renesas order

Renesas are the ones supplying the chip. It will be the customers of Renesas that will be doing the ordering here...

Reactions: 20 users

FJ-215

Regular
D, I reckon it could have been 4 yrs ago that I posted this very suggestion. I've never liked the name " Brainchip" . I think it raises unsavoury connotations.
GLTA
G'day @hamilton66

Yep, always thought it was a naff name as well. Still, I think there is a marketing opportunity if BRN play their cards right.

Neuralink is in the news and we can piggyback off that for almost no cost. No need to get in Elon's face, just challenge mainstream/social media to stop using our name. We wish Elon well in his endeavors with the Neuralink implant however we are Brainchip and our aim is to put brains in to your computer, not the other way around. Or: BRN, we put intelligence in to your computer chips, we don't put computer chips in your skull.

Have always wondered how BRN was going to market themselves and get their name out if most of the EAP customers were happy to hide behind NDAs. Has anyone heard of the Raymond Loewy's MAYA principle. I think Mercedes Benz broke ranks for a reason, they wanted neuromorphic computing on the radar long before they release any product using the technology.

I guess it's all in the lap of the gods. Hmmm.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Slade

Top 20
Renesas are the ones supplying the chip. It will be the customers of Renesas that will be doing the ordering here...
Yes I know. What I meant is how many will they ask the fabricator to make.

Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom