BRN Discussion Ongoing

hamilton66

Regular
Yes I think we need to distance ourselves from this, maybe a change of our company name is in order, simple suggestion - AKIDA AI.
I've also had someone say to me that "is that the company you were telling me about" question.
D, I reckon it could have been 4 yrs ago that I posted this very suggestion. I've never liked the name " Brainchip" . I think it raises unsavoury connotations.
GLTA

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Dougie54

Regular

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Love

LexLuther77

Regular
I look forward to the day, if it ever comes, when one of the management/director/key personnel actually BUYS a few shares (may be they can afford $1000?).

Now that'd be a nice change.

I do understand the tax purposes perspective, but does it warrant nearly 50% of his fully paid ordinary shares? Rhetorical question, may be my expectations are too much.

Every company on ASX is doing share buy backs to support the share price, I don't expect BRN to do the same in this present stage of the company, but ffs, they could at least not dump the shares? Sean has been in the office only for a few months 😐
I agree mate. It would certainly be a nice change 🙄

Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I agree mate. It would certainly be a nice change 🙄
Now therein lies the quandary. As someone recently pointed out, BrainChip has several NDAs and management/board members would be privy to this information while the information has not been disclosed general public.

Reactions: 14 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Reading the weekend financial review paper......

Page 12.

Title : Pentagon drives tech deals to take on China.
Author: Matthew Cranston.

Washington | The Pentagon has announced a new office focused on driving private sector capital to companies worldwide to counter China's dominance in military technologies.

The Defence Department's Office of Strategic Capital will connect companies that develop technologies " vital to national security " with capital to scale up their production.

The first deals are expected to be struck early next year.

" We are in a a global competition for leadership in critical technologies, and the Office of Strategic Capital will help us win that competition and build enduring national security advantages," US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin said in a statement on Thursday.

* If any savey chipper could post full article for others would be great.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Now therein lies the quandary. As someone recently pointed out, BrainChip has several NDAs and management/board members would be privy to this information while the information has not been disclosed general public.
Afternoon Diogenese,

I'm shaw thay could Take the Fifth.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Xray1

Regular
I don't think there's anything selective in Tony's communications with shareholders. I don't email very often but each time I have received a prompt and courteous response (none of which have given anything away....Unfortunately, lol). Given he deals with 40+ thousand shareholders as just part of his job I reckon he's doing a sterling job. He is simply restricted in what he can say. I do like the idea of a Christmas letter though - a few photos of the staff and such, as well as a bit of a wrap up. Sure, the half yearly will give the dry stuff but given we are all family I'd like some news and photos of distant cousins!
Just maybe the questions you asked and the response back from Tony, may have been very important to a whole number of other shareholder's ... surely his response could of even been communicated on the Co's own web page or even by having a dedicated podcast by Tony addressing many of the frequently asked questions by s/holders no matter how complex or simple they maybe ... BTW,... I don't seem to recall you telling us TSE members, what you actually asked him about nor what his response back to you was .....or then again maybe you had been politely led not to disclose his response back to you on any social media forum !!!

Sorry Violin1 no news and photo's of distant cousins due to NDA's !!!! lol lol

Reactions: 1 users

Xray1

Regular
Get what you are saying but in fairness to Tony I recently sent him an email with a bunch of questions and he promptly replied, much to my satisfaction.
Slade: did you let us TSE members know the questions and responses you received back from Tony ....... IMO... a bit of selective communications going on here....hmmmmmm !!

Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
Slade: did you let us TSE members know the questions and responses you received back from Tony ....... IMO... a bit of selective communications going on here....hmmmmmm !!
You are free to email him.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Hi Sirod,

The RISCY NN core 7 & 8 are not Akida.

The Programmable Multi-Core Accelerator (PMCA) is built around 8 CV32E4-based cores [19] sharing 16×8 kB SRAM banks, composing a 128 kB L1SPM, and it is invoked by the host to run computation-intensive kernels. The cores feature a custom RV32 extension, providing many DSP and ML features, like hardware loops, MAC & Load operation, SIMD operations, and post-increment LD/ST. The cluster features 8 FPUs supporting FP32 and FP16 with SIMD support. SIMD operations, not available in the CVA6 host core, reduce the operands’ width to double or quadruple the number of operations per cycle. On integer numbers, the precision can be reduced down to 8-bit and down to 16-bit for FP. The cluster also features a two-level I-cache: 512 B for each core and 4 kB shared.
[FPU = Floating point unit]
Thanks @Diogenese, I thought so too and was hoping you would reply

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Reading the weekend financial review paper......

Page 12.

Title : Pentagon drives tech deals to take on China.
Author: Matthew Cranston.

Washington | The Pentagon has announced a new office focused on driving private sector capital to companies worldwide to counter China's dominance in military technologies.

The Defence Department's Office of Strategic Capital will connect companies that develop technologies " vital to national security " with capital to scale up their production.

The first deals are expected to be struck early next year.

" We are in a a global competition for leadership in critical technologies, and the Office of Strategic Capital will help us win that competition and build enduring national security advantages," US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin said in a statement on Thursday.

* If any savey chipper could post full article for others would be great.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 16700555021184197569347520526488.jpg
    16700555021184197569347520526488.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 109
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
The musky one

Attachments

• 16700557299082903396842290182117.jpg
    16700557299082903396842290182117.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Reactions: 5 users
‘The pen is mightier than the sword’

Many here express their disappointment at the paucity of information we receive. There is endless searching, dot joining, numerous posts hoping…for something, anything to appear…somewhere, anywhere.

As a result, I wrote to our Battler yesterday suggesting that shareholders would greatly appreciate a Christmas message, providing an informative, dare I say comprehensive update on where the company is, as 2022 comes to a close.

I suggested that this should include the current state of play with Akida’s development, patents, staffing, and of course sales and marketing.

I emphasised that such an update could and should be easily provided, without naming names or in any other way jeopardising confidentiality agreements the company has signed…that to suggest otherwise is a nonsense, and an admission that nobody within the company has the ability to put words on paper that summarises where the company currently is, without breaching confidentiality.

I concluded by saying that such an update could take the form of a letter to shareholders via the company website.

It is suggested that people within the company read what is said here, so perhaps a solid show of support for the above may yield a result.

PS…an open bar at The Briars Dead !!
Isn’t it staggering that at the end of 2022 shareholders still have to don’t join and can’t get any visibility on the company’s progress.

I think there must be people out there who are in the industry that can verify one way or the other if the Akida tech is a leader and it’s a race to market for companies using BRN IP.. Or if it’s just going to remain a big hype company forever..

Seasoned pros are still ridiculing this company, and often will say if it was any good it would be taken over by a bigger company.. Prove them wrong please.. It’s gotten painful..

Reactions: 5 users

Violin1

Regular
I'm getting that old feeling of people lashing out because the share price ain't doing what they want. We all know the company's stance on information, announcements and such. A Christmas note would be nice - but expectations of change because we are frustrated are just a bit wishful. Christmas is a time of family and faith - so family, hold the faith lol.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Violin1

Regular
Just maybe the questions you asked and the response back from Tony, may have been very important to a whole number of other shareholder's ... surely his response could of even been communicated on the Co's own web page or even by having a dedicated podcast by Tony addressing many of the frequently asked questions by s/holders no matter how complex or simple they maybe ... BTW,... I don't seem to recall you telling us TSE members, what you actually asked him about nor what his response back to you was .....or then again maybe you had been politely led not to disclose his response back to you on any social media forum !!!

Sorry Violin1 no news and photo's of distant cousins due to NDA's !!!! lol lol
Xray1 - can't even remember what they were - so clearly not that important. My point was about Tony's professionalism. If you have queries then send them to him and if you think it is worthwhile and something to share then do so. If I ever have anything of value then I'll share - but really I am simply prepared to be patient, so don't chase him much.

Oh - I do remember one interaction - I sent him an email after the last 4c to say "keep smiling, there's lots of dicks out there" when everyone was going berserk at him and the company for a result that they had told us was possible/probable and then played into the hands of the Shorters. He thanked me for my email.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Mt09

Regular
Isn’t it staggering that at the end of 2022 shareholders still have to don’t join and can’t get any visibility on the company’s progress.

I think there must be people out there who are in the industry that can verify one way or the other if the Akida tech is a leader and it’s a race to market for companies using BRN IP.. Or if it’s just going to remain a big hype company forever..

Seasoned pros are still ridiculing this company, and often will say if it was any good it would be taken over by a bigger company.. Prove them wrong please.. It’s gotten painful..
Hi Sharekid, nice of you to make the trip over to the dark side 👋. The seasoned pros from Motley Tool that understand dirt in the ground and that’s about it??

Edge impulse seem pretty happy with us, even comparing Akida @ 300 MHz to a gpu running @ 900 MHz.

Renesas have licensed our tech, I’d say they’re experts in their field, not dirt in the ground.. And what’s this fresh off the press Renesas are taping out a chip with our IP?

Hardly a hype company my friend!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 112 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Seasoned pros who often say it would be taken over if it was any good also say "What's a neuromorphic chip anyway?"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Seasoned pros who often say it would be taken over if it was any good also say "What's a neuromorphic chip anyway?"
knee-slapper-laughing.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom