BRN Discussion Ongoing

Elon’s Brainchip was on The Project last night and before I could say “not us” my wife said “oh that is not very cool and dangerous, is that what you invested in??!!”

So even with some explanation from my side in the past to her, there will still be a strong link to the non related Brainchip implant that Elon is working on. Also given he’s is in the media a lot, this news will be picked up much easier than actual Akida news.

So it’s a worry to me, if only short term.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Elon’s Brainchip was on The Project last night and before I could say “not us” my wife said “oh that is not very cool and dangerous, is that what you invested in??!!”

So even with some explanation from my side in the past to her, there will still be a strong link to the non related Brainchip implant that Elon is working on. Also given he’s is in the media a lot, this news will be picked up much easier than actual Akida news.

So it’s a worry to me, if only short term.
Yes I think we need to distance ourselves from this, maybe a change of our company name is in order, simple suggestion - AKIDA AI.
I've also had someone say to me that "is that the company you were telling me about" question.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING BRINGS AI TO THE EDGE

Connected devices driven by 5G and the internet of things (IoT) are everywhere from autonomous vehicles, smart homes, healthcare to space exploration. Devices are becoming more intelligent. Massive amounts of data from multiple sources need to be processed quickly, securely, and in real time, having low latency. Cloud-based architecture may not fulfil these needs of futuristic AI-based systems, that require intelligence at the edge and the ability to process sparse events. As research continues, neuromorphic processors will advance edge computing capabilities and bring AI closer to the edge.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Violin1

Regular
Yes I think we need to distance ourselves from this, maybe a change of our company name is in order, simple suggestion - AKIDA AI.
I've also had someone say to me that "is that the company you were telling me about" question.
It won't matter to the people of relevance - potential customers for Akida IP - and would waste what's already known about us where it matters. Presumably we have our name legally protected so if Elon wants it he'll have to pay us to change. Hope he hasn't wasted all of his spare cash on Twitter!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Reuben

Founding Member
Elon right now after buying Twitter....
It won't matter to the people of relevance - potential customers for Akida IP - and would waste what's already known about us where it matters. Presumably we have our name legally protected so if Elon wants it he'll have to pay us to change. Hope he hasn't wasted all of his spare cash on Twitter!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203-090805_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203-090805_Chrome.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Morgo

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere here.

We're still in the ASX 200 after the December rebalance.....

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 11.06.48 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Mccabe84

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Yoni Bashan writing in The Australian newspapers "Margin Call" today says (amongst other things)
***************** owns stock trading forum hot crapper which has more effluent running through it than the outfall sewer at Bondi beach.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Dougie54

Regular
Looking forward to the day we are admitted to the 50!
Are we still in the Asx200?.?

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Realinfo

Regular
‘The pen is mightier than the sword’

Many here express their disappointment at the paucity of information we receive. There is endless searching, dot joining, numerous posts hoping…for something, anything to appear…somewhere, anywhere.

As a result, I wrote to our Battler yesterday suggesting that shareholders would greatly appreciate a Christmas message, providing an informative, dare I say comprehensive update on where the company is, as 2022 comes to a close.

I suggested that this should include the current state of play with Akida’s development, patents, staffing, and of course sales and marketing.

I emphasised that such an update could and should be easily provided, without naming names or in any other way jeopardising confidentiality agreements the company has signed…that to suggest otherwise is a nonsense, and an admission that nobody within the company has the ability to put words on paper that summarises where the company currently is, without breaching confidentiality.

I concluded by saying that such an update could take the form of a letter to shareholders via the company website.

It is suggested that people within the company read what is said here, so perhaps a solid show of support for the above may yield a result.

PS…an open bar at The Briars Dead !!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 94 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Credit to @MC🐠 for finding this one

1670030092826.png

(unfortunately DSTG tagged an obsolete brainchip page that hasn't yet been deleted so I have bought that to tony Dawes attention to have it removed and then tagged the current brainchip in the comments box)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
‘The pen is mightier than the sword’

Many here express their disappointment at the paucity of information we receive. There is endless searching, dot joining, numerous posts hoping…for something, anything to appear…somewhere, anywhere.

As a result, I wrote to our Battler yesterday suggesting that shareholders would greatly appreciate a Christmas message, providing an informative, dare I say comprehensive update on where the company is, as 2022 comes to a close.

I suggested that this should include the current state of play with Akida’s development, patents, staffing, and of course sales and marketing.

I emphasised that such an update could and should be easily provided, without naming names or in any other way jeopardising confidentiality agreements the company has signed…that to suggest otherwise is a nonsense, and an admission that nobody within the company has the ability to put words on paper that summarises where the company currently is, without breaching confidentiality.

I concluded by saying that such an update could take the form of a letter to shareholders via the company website.

It is suggested that people within the company read what is said here, so perhaps a solid show of support for the above may yield a result.

PS…an open bar at The Briars Dead !!
That's what the half yearly report is for.

Reactions: 4 users

Xray1

Regular
That's what the half yearly report is for.
That's right about the half yearly report being provided to s/holders during set time periods, but then again as shareholder's shouldn't we be expecting a whole lot more from BRN especially given that fact that we have a dedicated management official appointed in that role :

Tony Dawe - Manager of Investor Relations - BrainChip ...​

https://au.linkedin.com › ...

Perth, Western Australia, Australia · Manager of Investor Relations · BrainChip Holdings Limited
Experienced corporate communication and investor relations practitioner with a demonstrated history of performance for ASX listed companies.

IMO... I note, that it seems that communication's from Tony are somewhat limited to a few selective certain individuals here, who then usually pass on that information here on TSE, where it is most welcome and appreciated by other TSE posters and the 1000 eyes dot joiners.

So, Tony if you do read this post, I would personally like to see more of that Experienced corporate communication and investor relations practitioner with a demonstrated history of performance for ASX listed companies come to the fore.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
That's right about the half yearly report being provided to s/holders during set time periods, but then again as shareholder's shouldn't we be expecting a whole lot more from BRN especially given that fact that we have a dedicated management official appointed in that role :

Tony Dawe - Manager of Investor Relations - BrainChip ...

Perth, Western Australia, Australia · Manager of Investor Relations · BrainChip Holdings Limited
Experienced corporate communication and investor relations practitioner with a demonstrated history of performance for ASX listed companies.

IMO... I note, that it seems that communication's from Tony are somewhat limited to a few selective certain individuals here, who then usually pass on that information here on TSE, where it is most welcome and appreciated by other TSE posters and the 1000 eyes dot joiners.

So, Tony if you do read this post, I would personally like to see more of that Experienced corporate communication and investor relations practitioner with a demonstrated history of performance for ASX listed companies come to the fore.
Get what you are saying but in fairness to Tony I recently sent him an email with a bunch of questions and he promptly replied, much to my satisfaction.

Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20

The urging of the company to be more forthcoming about our business prospects is a recurring theme in TSX.

Brainchip is caught on the horns of a dilemma - NDAs v ASX ramping rules.

Together with Ford, we have already learnt to our chagrin that the ASX is red hot on IT companies making partial disclosures or covert allusions about possible future income. Making such incomplete disclosures risks the wrath of ASX, and being forced to make full disclosure and jeopardizes our ongoing relationship with our NDA customers.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Violin1

Regular
Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere here.

We're still in the ASX 200 after the December rebalance.....

View attachment 23411
Thanks - love the Pilbara addition. Just can't wait to see BRN in the 50 index as well.

Reactions: 12 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Thanks - love the Pilbara addition. Just can't wait to see BRN in the 50 index as well.
A market cap of "only" 11 billion is roughly where we need to be to be in the ASX 50.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Violin1

Regular

I don't think there's anything selective in Tony's communications with shareholders. I don't email very often but each time I have received a prompt and courteous response (none of which have given anything away....Unfortunately, lol). Given he deals with 40+ thousand shareholders as just part of his job I reckon he's doing a sterling job. He is simply restricted in what he can say. I do like the idea of a Christmas letter though - a few photos of the staff and such, as well as a bit of a wrap up. Sure, the half yearly will give the dry stuff but given we are all family I'd like some news and photos of distant cousins!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom