Return serve for hot crapper.

Attachments

• 36A18DEF-35AE-42B7-9267-5E68518A851D.jpeg
    36A18DEF-35AE-42B7-9267-5E68518A851D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 158
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
I look forward to the day, if it ever comes, when one of the management/director/key personnel actually BUYS a few shares (may be they can afford $1000?).

Now that'd be a nice change.

I do understand the tax purposes perspective, but does it warrant nearly 50% of his fully paid ordinary shares? Rhetorical question, may be my expectations are too much.

Every company on ASX is doing share buy backs to support the share price, I don't expect BRN to do the same in this present stage of the company, but ffs, they could at least not dump the shares? Sean has been in the office only for a few months 😐
Tax rate 46 cents in the dollar as added to normal income.

Tax payable on $2 million dollars $920,000.00.

So with some capital gains tax thrown in I’d say yes he needed to sell 900,000 shares.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

JB49

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Tax rate 46 cents in the dollar as added to normal income.

Tax payable on $2 million dollars $920,000.00.

So with some capital gains tax thrown in I’d say yes he needed to sell 900,000 shares.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

That's pretty high tax rate, may be he had other income too?

My cousin is in US, he makes some moolah and in our talks has mentioned his rates actually go down after a certain threshold. Until 2m he pays about 26% and when above, the tax rate actually goes down. Bit different to what we have in Aus.

Anyways, done and dusted.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My cousin is in US, he makes some moolah and in our talks has mentioned his rates actually go down after a certain threshold. Until 2m he pays about 26% and when above, the tax rate actually goes down. Bit different to what we have in Aus.

That's probly because he could then afford a better tax lawyer.

Last edited:
  • Haha

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

The paper written by the research scientist at Sony Neuromorphic Computing refers to Intel Loihi in the conclusion?
Impact of spiking neurons leakages and network recurrences on event-based spatio-temporal pattern recognition

Mohamed Sadek Bouanane1 , Dalila Cherifi1 , Elisabetta Chicca2,3 , Lyes Khacef2,3,∗ 1 Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Univesity of Boumerdes, Algeria. 2Bio-Inspired Circuits and Systems (BICS) Lab. Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, University of Groningen, the Netherlands. 3Groningen Cognitive Systems and Materials Center (CogniGron), University of Groningen, the Netherlands

V. CONCLUSION
In this work we explored the effect of spiking neurons synaptic and membrane leakages, network explicit recurrences and time constants heterogeneity on event-based spatiotemporal pattern recognition. The main findings of our work can be summarized as follows: • Neural leakages are only important when there are both temporal information in the data and explicit recurrent connections in the network. • Neural leakages do not necessarily lead to sparser spiking activity in the network. • Time constants heterogeneity slightly improves performance on data with a rich temporal structure and does not affect performance on data with a spatial structure. This work supports the identification of the right level of model abstraction of biological evidences needed to build efficient application-specific neuromorphic hardware. This is a crucial analysis for advancing the field beyond state-of-theart, especially when constrains on resources are critical (e.g. edge computing). In fact, when using digital neuromorphic architectures, IF neurons have been shown to be 2 × smaller and more power-efficient than formal Perceptrons [23]. It is nevertheless not clear how this gain evolves when adding a multiplier to implement a LIF or CUBA-LIF neuron. Further works will focus on implementing these two architectures in FPGAs for fast prototyping. In addition, IF neurons give the possibility to implement a digital asynchronous processing purely driven by the input, since there is no inherent temporal dynamics in the spiking neurons. On the other hand, LIF and CUBA-LIF neurons require algorithmic time-steps where the leakage is updated regardless of the presence of input spikes. Further works will explore the impact of both paradigms in energy-efficiency on the Loihi neuromorphic chip [13]. Furthermore, it is important to mention that our results only hold in benchmarking so far. In a real-world scenario such as continuous keyword spotting, there can be more noise in the data but also in void. Hence, when using the IF neurons that do not have any leakage, this noise can accumulate and create false positives and degrade the performance. Indeed, the low-pass filtering effect of the spiking neurons leakages has been shown to eliminate high frequency components from the input and enhance the noise robustness of SNNs, especially in real-world environments [34]. In addition, given that the LIF model achieved a superior performance when compared to the CUBA-LIF, it is important to investigate where the latter could perform better. More complex tasks could show such a gain for the CUBA-LIF neuron, because of its current compartment which is an extra state that gives more potential for spatio-temporal feature extraction. Finally, spiking neural networks in neuromorphic hardware can be used beyond fast and efficient inference, by adding adaptation through local synaptic plasticity [43], [44], [45]. In this context, the impact of the leakage can be different, as the inherent temporal dynamics is required in some plasticity mechanisms [46], [47] for online learning.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS We would like to thank Dylan Muir for the fruitful discussion on DynapCNN. We would like to thank the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Boumerdes for supporting this work. We would also like to acknowledge the financial support of the CogniGron research center and the Ubbo Emmius Funds of the University of Groningen."

Not sure where Sony comes into the frame but they find quite a lot of issues with Loihi that need to be resolved.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I look forward to the day, if it ever comes, when one of the management/director/key personnel actually BUYS a few shares (may be they can afford $1000?).
Now that'd be a nice change.

I do understand the tax purposes perspective, but does it warrant nearly 50% of his fully paid ordinary shares? Rhetorical question, may be my expectations are too much.

Every company on ASX is doing share buy backs to support the share price, I don't expect BRN to do the same in this present stage of the company, but ffs, they could at least not dump the shares? Sean has been in the office only for a few months 😐

Agree!

Rob T for example. I am sure he has some coin after all those years in a high position with ARM. Exec buying on market instils a lot of confidence.

Pete and Anil, I don't expect to because they have been living off the smell of an oily rag getting Brainchip to this point but some of the newbies could surely find some spare change lying around somewhere...

200.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

I used the top AUS tax rate to example the amounts involved.

You will see from this the tax scale for all personal income in the USA according to Forbes. The top tax rate appears to be currently 37% for the 2022 tax year. The CEO Sean Hehir does receive other income that we are all made publicly aware of as part of his salary package comes in cash plus shares so on the 2 million shares he will be taxed at 37% plus an amount for capital gains tax. Your cousin must have some other way in which he is taxed as what he has told you does not accord with Forbes as set out in the above link. I have a dim memory of the corporate tax rate for companies being 26% at one point so maybe he contracts via his own company and plays games. The 37 cents in the dollar on 2million shares at an average sale price of 73 cents (I believe the shares sold for between 71 and 76 cents) leads to a need to sell 740,000 shares for his personal tax and as he sold while the price was going up then he would have had a capital gains tax liability to meet as well so 900,000 shares as I said seems about right.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Violin1

Regular
Agree!

Rob T for example. I am sure he has some coin after all those years in a high position with ARM. Exec buying on market instils a lot of confidence.

Pete and Anil, I don't expect to because they have been living off the smell of an oily rag getting Brainchip to this point but some of the newbies could surely find some spare change lying around somewhere...

200.gif
In the case of Brainchip, I'm not so hassled about lack of Director buying. I suspect that they are all privy to information that might be considered sensitive, given NDAs and lack of announcements almost anything they know would not be public, and they are most likely being prudent in not buying on the market lest they be accused on insider trading. We know they are a scrupulous lot and no purchases and highly defensible sales means they are squeaky clean, which I like.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users
Agree!

200.gif
Funny thing if Rob Telson was buying shares on market I would sell immediately because if anyone has insider information it would have to be Rob Telson and to be buying publicly so everyone knows it is him it must mean that there is nothing and I mean nothing going to happen of importance to the share price in the foreseeable future.

Another funny thing I employed people for over 30 years and the only thing they ever did was do their job. They never once came to me and said "Hey would you like me to give you back some of my wages." Why would they if they did their job that was what I expected and they expected to be paid.

This idea that employees need to do more than their job is mind blowing but I will change my mind when someone can put up their hand and say they did this for their employer. That is after being paid they came to their employer and said would you like some of my wages back to help you pay your overdraft and my workers compensation insurance premiums.

Has anyone here thought about the value that has accrued to Brainchip as a result of Rob Telson signing up Renesas and Megachips. And on top of that he should be also buying shares on market???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Haha

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Funny thing if Rob Telson was buying shares on market I would sell immediately because if anyone has insider information it would have to be Rob Telson and to be buying publicly so everyone knows it is him it must mean that there is nothing and I mean nothing going to happen of importance to the share price in the foreseeable future.

Another funny thing I employed people for over 30 years and the only thing they ever did was do their job. They never once came to me and said "Hey would you like me to give you back some of my wages." Why would they if they did their job that was what I expected and they expected to be paid.

This idea that employees need to do more than their job is mind blowing but I will change my mind when someone can put up their hand and say they did this for their employer. That is after being paid they came to their employer and said would you like some of my wages back to help you pay your overdraft and my workers compensation insurance premiums.

Has anyone here thought about the value that has accrued to Brainchip as a result of Rob Telson signing up Renesas and Megachips. And on top of that he should be also buying shares on market???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I've definitely had employees ask me for profit share and I have also sold part share of a business to an outstanding employee who was loyal and valuable to my business and who also wanted to own part of the company. It is not as uncommon as you are alluding to.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
1669961443687.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users
Same charts as at EOD today fwiw for those playing along at home with some additional notes here & there.

Can see how things can change / move as we go.

View attachment 23049

View attachment 23050

View attachment 23051

View attachment 23052

View attachment 23053

Just the EOW same charts as above for ease of following.

Added one new potential new structure on the 3rd chart. Quite small spread bar today relative to the vol & need hold around bottom TL & bounce to top TL or pattern could fail. For confirmation, like to see a strong BO above the top TL with vol by about Wed / Thur next week.

With the second chart we can see we are now just above the new mthly pivot bias. Nice w/end all.

1669961230742.png

1669961269723.png

1669961307156.png

1669961377463.png

1669961414034.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom