BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy Crew,

Everyone knows that I've been following Markus Shaefer like a bad smell (figuratively speaking), waiting to pounce on his blog about Neuromorphic Computing the second it materialises. Well, it just so happens that I didn't discover the blog but I stumbled upon a recent interview (18 hours ago) which is in some sort of Spanish publication, so it's written in Spanish, surprisingly enough.🥴

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to translate to see if there's anything juicy there.

Gracias mis amigos 🌮 🐂

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Howdy Crew,

Everyone knows that I've been following Markus Shaefer like a bad smell (figuratively speaking), waiting to pounce on his blog about Neuromorphic Computing the second it materialises. Well, it just so happens that I didn't discover the blog but I stumbled upon a recent interview (18 hours ago) which is in some sort of Spanish publication, so it's written in Spanish, surprisingly enough.🥴

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to translate to see if there's anything juicy there.

Gracias mis amigos 🌮 🐂

Here you go...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
This post is from @Bravo ... NOT my find! Nice work thanks Bravo

Interview with Markus Schäfer, CTO of Mercedes: "Chinese brands are not competition for us"​

Interview with Markus Schäfer, CTO of Mercedes

Enrique Trillo11/23/2022 - 11:29

We chatted with Markus Schäfer, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG and CTO (Head of Technology, Development and Acquisitions) within the brand.

It is always interesting to have a conversation with a senior manager of a large car manufacturer, but if you are faced with a mechanical engineer, like Markus Schäfer (57), who has been working at Mercedes-Benz since 1990, that is, 32 years now, you know that what he is going to tell you has a lot of weight.

And he has weight not only because he is one of the members of the board of directors of the brand and current CTO (Director of Technology, Development and Acquisitions) , but also because of his great experience and the deep knowledge he has of the company, since he has toured all possible positions from the base to the dome.
I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Schäfer at the Magical Garage that Mercedes set up in Paris, parallel to the Paris Salon itself . And the first thing I wanted to ask him is if with his new electric cars, perhaps all too similar in design, he intended to win over his customers more due to the technology and experiences they offer. In short, if Mercedes wants to become a technology company .

But he replied that not exactly: "The sensory experience is a part. Let's say, that of creating desire. But what makes a customer want a Mercedes is the brand itself. Mercedes are cars for VIP people . Who wants a Mercedes wants to feel VIP. You know, I want to drive to a museum, to a dinner and I want to show up in a Mercedes, because I like the brand."

I tell you that precisely in recent years it has won many customers for the lower part of its range, not with its most luxurious models. And he confirms it to me, but he advances me a change of course :

"We have to work on the brand image. We have to work on our product portfolio. We have 42 different models. And you can discuss whether the B class represents what we want to be. And in the last 10-15 years, we changed our portfolio , especially in the entry segment. But we have always been a luxury company for 130 years. If you visit our museum you immediately realize. This was always our history and our growth strategy"
"Over the last 15 years we've grown a lot in volume, but we've added a lot of complexity in the lower segment, a bit away from luxury. So now we want to revamp the lower end of the entry level. We now have seven compact models in the entry level , which we think is too complicated."
What surprised me talking to Schäfer is his sincerity, because he even recognized that some Mercedes do not have the quality they should: "Some of our models, from the point of view of design and from their approach, are probably not what Mercedes should be. " .
"So we're going to start with an entry level with a different shape and style, with a different focus on technology. So we're adjusting the entry segments, to achieve less range complexity, reduce the number of models."
But, returning to the subject of technology and the sensations that 'sell' their cars...

"Yes, if you have a Mercedes, it is always a special experience. Because of the materials that you touch, because of the technology that it equips. And that is what we call the sensory experience, something that you simply understand with your senses. You know, you hear something , you see something in the car, the fragrance on it... With this we want to take it to the next level."
Of course, also when it comes to technology. And about this he tells me: "People don't want to lose things in the car that they are used to outside of it. I mean, you want to have Spotify, right? You want your Apple Music, you want your Amazon music, maybe you want your Amazon Prime, even your Netflix. We want to bring it all to our own platform. So we're the creator of our electrical and electronic platform, and we connect and use these apps that our customers prefer ."

The idea is that "they just sit in the vehicle, the camera recognizes who's driving and you don't have to do a thing. It starts before you know it, you walk up, the door opens because the car knows you're coming. You don't have to have not even a key and maybe the door will open automatically. The car knows it's you and loads your personal accounts. Even if you're on autopilot level three you can have a video conference. The only thing you can do right now is sleep." .
And since he's handing it to me on a platter, I can't help but bring up the subject of autonomous driving . And he recognizes that they have big plans about this: "Everyone is at level two. But at level two the driver is in command. At level three the responsibility is transferred to the car, because you can take your hands off the wheel and the eyes on the road and do something else legally.
"And there is only one company that has achieved level three certification, and that is Mercedes with the S-Class ." About what should be noted that in Europe it is still not allowed to take your hands off the wheel.

"In addition, we are trying to do this level three certification also in the US, where the process must be approved within the next six months. And we are going to increase the capabilities step by step. For this we are working with NVIDIA and from now to 2040 it could reach level 4 or even 5 (without a steering wheel) of autonomous driving".
As a summary of this, it is more than clear: " We are already a luxury technology company. In reality, we have always been a technology company , depending on how you define that."
Impossible not to talk about electric cars, with the great offensive of models that all brands are presenting, including Mercedes. But what everyone is wondering is when will the price of an electric car be equal to that of combustion cars?
"This is going to take much longer than people think. The main difference is in the price of the batteries and with the current crisis and the increase in the cost of materials, that gap is even opening up more."
"It was predicted 25 years from the launch of the first electrics. But it will be quite a bit longer. The really dramatic change could only come with changing the chemistry of the batteries, like a sulfur-based chemistry, for example."

Perhaps solid-state batteries can make that change? "Well, we are working on it with two investments and startups, one in the US and one in Southeast Asia. But this is nothing that is going to mature in the next 3-4 years. I think it will take more than five or six years until we see progress.
I can't help but tell you about our market and about the role it represents for Mercedes globally: "Well, the transition to the electric vehicle must be completed for it to gain prominence. I know that in Spain there are entry restrictions, especially to the center of the largest cities, which favors that change. But the charging network still needs to be improved." And he leaves a little message for those in charge: " The government must have more initiative ."
And to finish, I would like to ask you a personal question that I have and that many may share with me: the Chinese manufacturers. They are arriving in droves and with cars even with premium aspirations. Does Mercedes consider Chinese brands competition? How is he going to fight with all of them?
He answers confidently and very convinced of what he says: " Well, we don't fight against them. We don't consider them competition . As I said, we have been doing this for many years and we have gained a lot of ground."
"We are extremely successful in China. China is the biggest market. We are the number one luxury car manufacturer in China for the last ten years, we have several factories there. What I want to say is that the competition is not just Chinese, it is world".

"Being afraid or thinking that they are better is not a good way to act. Competitors come from the United States, they come from Europe, they come from Japan, they come from Korea. And China is just another rival.
" We're not scared, but of course we're watching the competition and seeing what they're doing. And that's good, because it helps us, in some cases, increase our speed in some areas."

Mercedes

popular models
See all models
Discover more about Enrique Trillo , author of this article. Find out how we work at Auto Bild.

PLUS​

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Thanks @wilzy123! Wow, that was fast! 🙂So I suppose we're going to be working with NVDIA then?

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 3.57.10 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 3.57.21 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 3.57.52 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire
Howdy Crew,

Gracias mis amigos 🌮 🐂

Being able to read the word China in Spanish I noticed it references China which led me to an issue I was pondering yesterday enlivened by a news item around the Global Economic Forum and the CCP surveillance society and what a jolly good thing it is.

In China they are building a system based upon deep learning to monitor 24/7 every action of every civilian everywhere within Chinese territory. This system has to be able to identify each person and as it progresses will allocate points for good behaviour as the CCP define this concept.

Leaving aside the rights and wrongs and civil liberties and all that other stuff just imagine how much electricity must need to be generated 24/7 hail rain and shine to power the data centres and cameras capable of running this system.

I know that some have been prepared to accept that China is doing everything to avoid the worst effects of climate change and that Australia is a disgrace but in a system which survives because of the use of surveillance of this type with such an enormous population how can it be that the worst effects of climate change will be averted no matter what Australia does or does not do unless Pingo is prepared to give back autonomy to the Chinese people and wind back his surveillance state?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Being able to read the word China in Spanish I noticed it references China which led me to an issue I was pondering yesterday enlivened by a news item around the Global Economic Forum and the CCP surveillance society and what a jolly good thing it is.

In China they are building a system based upon deep learning to monitor 24/7 every action of every civilian everywhere within Chinese territory. This system has to be able to identify each person and as it progresses will allocate points for good behaviour as the CCP define this concept.

Leaving aside the rights and wrongs and civil liberties and all that other stuff just imagine how much electricity must need to be generated 24/7 hail rain and shine to power the data centres and cameras capable of running this system.

I know that some have been prepared to accept that China is doing everything to avoid the worst effects of climate change and that Australia is a disgrace but in a system which survives because of the use of surveillance of this type with such an enormous population how can it be that the worst effects of climate change will be averted no matter what Australia does or does not do unless Pingo is prepared to give back autonomy to the Chinese people and wind back his surveillance state?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Orwell that ends well.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Build-it

Regular
Exactly.

An additional undisclosed responsibility of Rob Telson's role is to give the 1000 eyes a hint of potential dots so we can continue drawing our Mona Lisa-esque-mother-of-all-dot-paintings. We are getting closer and closer to completing the dot painting. It's simply a matter of connecting each dot, one after the other, and Rob Telson is assisting us with this...

Of course... under ASX obligations, Rob can't simply give us these hints for free and so must also throw a pile of shit on top of the REAL dots by liking industry related but not necessarily akida related content to create the image of fairness and complying with ASX obligations.

We all know... Rob is the real MVP.

I wonder what his AI super power is.

Did you say dots, check out Vishal's experience 😆

Screenshot_20221122-201228_LinkedIn.jpg

Edge Compute.

• Haha
  • Love

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
I am confident we are, with Mercedes as the customer.

Nvidia for rendering of the graphical display
BRN for the smarts behind it
the_highest_level_of_selfconfidence_01.gif

Confidence😍😍

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

Proga

Regular
yeah but then the insto's hold shares now say at 70c when they purchased them for say $1, so a loss
The instos don't care. They're holding for the LT. They know by loaning the shorters stock the SP will drop. They charge the shorters an interest rate on the value of the stock borrowed knowing in the medium to long term the SP will bounce back up. it's just another way the insto's can make money on their stock.

Dozzaman1977

Regular
So where the hell is the motley tool article explaining the 8.5% rise of BRN today..... Oh that's right, anyone with half a brain understands they have no clue with anything to do with equity investing. James Shorter
I Dont Know Tim And Eric GIF by Adult Swim
MickleDICK must be on holidays.
No Leads GIF by DrSquatch
don't know idk GIF by SWR Kindernetz
No Idea Idk GIF by Big Brother
No Idea Idk GIF by CBC
I Dont Know No Idea GIF by BBC
Confused No Idea GIF by Mashed
Steve Martin Idk GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire

wilzy123

Founding Member
So where the hell is the motley tool article explaining the 8.5% rise of BRN today..... Oh that's right, anyone with half a brain understands they have no clue with anything to do with equity investing
No Leads GIF by DrSquatch
don't know idk GIF by SWR Kindernetz't know idk GIF by SWR Kindernetz
No Idea Idk GIF by Big Brother
No Idea Idk GIF by CBC
I Dont Know No Idea GIF by BBC
Confused No Idea GIF by Mashed

There's only so much "I suppose it could be because of this" and, authorisation of said crap by Scotty, that you can pump in a week.

• Haha

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I know your post is pointing to the huge energy deficit created by the surveillance state, but I find it frightening to think that we may be slipping inexorably into some version of Orwells dystopia. 😟

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Only $1.64 to get back to all time highs
Let’s hope for a great announcement tomorrow 😝 😆 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Do you work at motley fool br0? Fixated on the intra-day high? Did you find it hard to "write" something about today? 🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:
  • Haha
The company doesn't make announcements

Top Bottom