BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Does anyone know if we have a link to aiMotive? They're a Hungarian tech comapny and Stellantis have just bought them to enahnce artificial inteligence and ADAS. They are to focus on four key areas: aiDrive, an embedded software stack for autonomous driving; aiData, which covers AI operations and data tooling; aiWare, which concentrates on silicon microchips; and aiSim, which is software simulation for the development of autonomous driving.

There's a link to Renesas!

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 10.54.06 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
AKIDA 2.0 a chip that thinks ahead like you could resolve the problem their walking system has:

“6 Discussion and Limitations
In this work, we show an end-to-end approach to walking with egocentric depth that can traverse a large variety of terrains including stairs, gaps and stepping stones. However, there can be certain instances where the robot fails because of a visual or terrain mismatch between the simulation and the real world. The only solution to this problem under the current paradigm is to engineer the situation back into simulation and retrain. This poses a fundamental limitation to this approach and in future, we would like to leverage the data collected in the real world to continue improving both the visual and the motor performance.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just thinking on this a little more spurred on by @Realinfo and his competitor challenge.

When you read the fine print about this robot walking experiment it was part funded by DARPA which to me suggests Nvidia would be aware Jetson Nano was being used and of the fundamental weakness their technology was found to have.

If your technology has a fundamental weakness and there is a solution available do you ignore it?

Nvidia has a passing knowledge of ARM and would also know that Brainchip is rating number one in relevance and perhaps the clock is ticking.

Just idle over coffee thoughts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Bravo

ARM CPUs predicted to hit 30% PC market share by 2026​

By Sean Endicott
published about 4 hours ago
An industry analyst firm predicts ARM chips will surge in popularity sooner rather than later.

Qualcomm logo 2022

What you need to know​

• ARM-powered PCs will make up 30% of the PC market by 2026, according to market analyst firm Canalys.
  • The same firm predicts that half of cloud processors will be ARM-based by 2026 as well.
  • Apple transitioned to ARM processors recently and Windows 11 on ARM has gained momentum this year.

Almost one out of every three PCs will run on an ARM processor by 2026, according to market analyst firm Canalys (via DigiTimes). Additionally, the firm predicts that half of cloud processors will be ARM-powered by that same year.

"By 2026, not 2050 but 2026, four years from now, half of the cloud processors will be ARM-based, 30% of PCs will be ARM-based," said President and CEO of Canalys Steve Brazier. "It is an extraordinary event and an industry-changing event that simply has not been taken seriously enough.

ARM chips have dominated the cellphone market for years, but they didn't see a significant push in the PC space until Apple transitioned to its own ARM-based processors. Windows on ARM has been around for a while but didn't start gaining major momentum until this year.

Lenovo's ThinkPad X13s is one of the latest Windows 11 on ARM laptops. (Image credit: Future)
It's important to note that the prediction counts all personal computers as PC. That may seem like a strange clarification, but many people refer to devices running Windows as PCs and count Macs separately, at least in casual conversation — think back to the "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" ad campaign. In the context of ARM increasing its market share within the PC space, Canalys refers to Windows computers, Macs, and Chromebooks as "PCs."

Lumping these types of devices together as PCs is standard practice for analysis and when measuring market share. For example, Apple held a 13.5% PC market share in Q322, according to IDC.

In order to reach a 30% PC market share by 2026, ARM processors would have to grow in use across Windows devices, Macs, and Chromebooks. Apple's ARM-based chips have earned a solid reputation, so it's reasonable to assume they'll continue to do well. The bigger question marks surround Windows on ARM PCs.

The launch of Windows 11 and Microsoft's other recent efforts have improved the ARM-based PC market. The company's flagship Surface Pro 9 is available in both Intel and ARM variants. What could turn the tide further is the release of Qualcomm's Nuvia-based processors, which were announced this week under the name "Oryon."

A recent report claimed that the Nuvia-based chips are "extremely promising." Those processors aren't set to come out until 2024, so we'll have to wait a while to see what impact they'll have on the PC market.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 22378

von Neumann on roids.

EP3557425A1 ACCELERATOR AND SYSTEM FOR ACCELERATING OPERATIONS - aiMotive

1668817196529.png

An accelerator and a system for accelerating operations are disclosed. A respective apparatus comprises an interface configured to couple the apparatus to an interconnect, a plurality of processing modules, each configured to process data, a control module configured to control processing of each of the plurality of processing modules, and a cache module configured to store at least a portion of data processed by at least one of the plurality of processing modules. Each processing module further includes a processing core configured to process data by performing an operation on the data using a plurality of processing elements, an input control unit configured to retrieve data via the interface and data stored in the cache module and to provide the retrieved data to the processing core, and an output control unit configured to provide data processed by the processing core to the interface and the cache module.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

Hey All,

I was just reading through this article on Arm and have highlighted some of the "good bits", but one thing that really caught my eye was the project that was mentioned called Scalable Open Architecture for Embedded Edge (Soafee). I found this youtube video on SOAFEE and think it may be worth watching if anyone has the time or the inclination. As you can see from one of the slides there are some interesting companies involved in this project.

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 11.19.27 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 11.19.51 am.png

Screenshot

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 11.18.27 am.png

Watch Video Here:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Fenris78

Regular
Hi Proga,

Qualcomm has their own analog SNN so, in that sense, Akida would only be duplicating the function of the Qualcomm SNN.

There is a parallel discussion on this thread about Sony/Prophesee

https://www.prophesee.ai/2021/09/09/sony-event-based-vision-sensors-prophesee-co-development/

Atsugi, Japan — Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation (“Sony”) today announced the upcoming release of two types of stacked event-based vision sensors. These sensors designed for industrial equipment are capable of detecting only subject changes, and achieve the industry’s smallest*1 pixel size of 4.86μm.

These two sensors were made possible through a collaboration between Sony and Prophesee, by combining Sony’s CMOS image sensor technology with Prophesee’s unique event-based vision sensing technology. This enables high-speed, high-precision data acquisition and contributes to improve the productivity of the industrial equipment.

But the BrainChip/Prophesee engagement is much more recent,

https://www.prophesee.ai/2022/06/20/brainchip-partners-with-prophesee/

Laguna Hills, Calif. – June 14, 2022 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, and Prophesee, the inventor of the world’s most advanced neuromorphic vision systems, today announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.

Since the Sony commitment to Snapdragon 8 gen 2 has been announced, then, assuming there is a binding contract, Sony could be stuck with Qualcomm AI for the term of the contract. Snapdragon 8 gen 2 is a chipset, so is not sold as IP

https://pocketnow.com/snapdragon-8-gen-2-phones/

The new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 will debut on these phones​

Qualcomm unveiled its Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor recently, and OEMs are ready to release their devices based on the new flagship chipset.
BYSANUJ BHATIA
PUBLISHED 1 DAY AGO

“The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform will define a new standard for connected computing, intelligently engineered with groundbreaking AI across the board to enable extraordinary experiences. This new mobile platform will be adopted by global OEMs and brands including ASUS Republic of Gamers, HONOR, iQOO, Motorola, nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, REDMAGIC, Redmi, SHARP, Sony Corporation, vivo, Xiaomi, XINGJI/MEIZU, and ZTE, with the first commercial devices expected by the end of 2022.”

Since the Sony commitment to Snapdragon 8 gen 2 has been announced, then, assuming there is a binding contract, Sony could be stuck with Qualcomm AI for the term of the contract. Snapdragon 8 gen 2 is a chipset, so is not sold as IP.

Of course, this may be contingent on the outcome of the ARM/Qualcomm litigation.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/15/qualcomm_snapdragon_8_gen_2/?td=readmore

Qualcomm pushes latest Arm-powered Snapdragon chip amid bitter license fight​

The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 system-on-chip features eight off-the-shelf cores from Arm, which is locked in a bitter legal fight with Qualcomm over licenses and contracts.
This includes an AI acceleration engine that is, we're told, up to 4.35 times faster than the previous generation, and with a potential 60 percent increase in performance-per-watt, depending on how it's used. This unit can be used to speed up machine-learning tasks on the device without any outside help, such as object recognition, and real-time spoken language translation and transcription. The dual-processor engine can handle as low as INT4 precision for AI models that don't need a lot of precision but do need it done fast on battery power, which the 4-bit integer format can afford developers, according to Qualcomm.

Qualcomm is pushing the INT4 capabilities as a precision ideal for modern mobile apps. It said a cross-platform Qualcomm AI Studio is due to be made available in preview form in the first half of next year that will optimize developers' models for this precision as well as other formats. This studio looks like a typical IDE in which programmers can organize their training workflows.
The SoC supports up to 200MP image capture and 8K HDR video capture in 10-bit HDR, according to the specifications. Qualcomm said it worked with Samsung and Sony to develop large sensors that the 8 Gen 2 can handle. There are direct paths in the chip that link the Hexagon AI engines to, say, the image-processing units so that pictures and video can be manipulated more efficiently.

The processor, according to Qualcomm, can also be made to reduce the amount of data read and written during neural network inference – which saves power – by breaking input data into not just tiles as other chipsets do, but micro tiles that apparently do a better job of cutting down information transfer.

On the plus side, if Sony/Prophesee had been working with Snapdragon 8 gen 2, then Prophesee's recent endorsement of Akida speaks volumes for the comparative performance of Akida and Snapdragon 8 gen 2's AI analog SNN.

’A Fly on the Wall’ - encore

I understand my post about overhearing a conversation between two blokes from Siemens has been revisited during the week. Here is more to salivate…

France Soir is a South Yarra restaurant…my mate is a Melbournian…Melbourne is the Aussie home for many German companies including Siemens…as such, there’s an active community of German executives…Melbourne is Australia’s best city !!

Following our lunch, my mate (who is retired after a long career with Rio and thus well connected to the Melbourne business community) did a bit of digging about the two hombres we overheard. It turns out that the bloke with the German accent was visiting from Siemens HQ in Munich, and his luncheon partner a local, and quite senior.

At the time of posting a fly on the wall, some here questioned whether we actually heard what was stated. May I simply say…my mate and I are cognitive and are in full possession of our faculties. We have swapped notes on the matter more than once, and stand by what was posted.

The debate about the existence of a competitor continues.

It has been many weeks since the above post challenged the 1000 eyes to find a genuine competitor to Akida. I’m not aware of even a single one being found. Me myself personally is confident that there simply isn’t anything out there that could be described as a competitor.

There is zilch…zero…no competitor…and it’s only gunna get worse with the arrival of Akida 2000. Then there’s the matter of Peter‘s reply to my question just before this year’s AGM…what comes after Akida 3000…’lots’.

Let me conclude by saying…sooner or later our friends at Intel, IBM et al must eventually swallow their pride, stop throwing billions away, and buy Akida licenses. If they don’t, they to will follow the path of dinosaurs.
Is Qualcomm to be considered a competitor? They have put substantial effort into developing their own SNN... which is good enough for the latest Snapdragon Gen 2 to sound like it has similar attributes to Akida? I'm pretty much all in with Brainchip and as enthusiastic as anybody here to see them succeed.... but hearing that phone manufacturers prefer to use Snapdragon's AI, seeing that Valeo is also working with Qualcomm etc... it has had me doubting the research that I've done on BRN? Probably just nervous jitters as I am so invested? And I'm hoping it's just the product development timelines in industry.. and maybe products like Snapdragon were a little ahead of us in manufacturer development cycles?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Shadow59

Regular
Is Qualcomm to be considered a competitor? They have put substantial effort into developing their own SNN... which is good enough for the latest Snapdragon Gen 2 to sound like it has similar attributes to Akida? I'm pretty much all in with Brainchip and as enthusiastic as anybody here to see them succeed.... but hearing that phone manufacturers prefer to use Snapdragon's AI, seeing that Valeo is also working with Qualcomm etc... it has had me doubting the research that I've done on BRN? Probably just nervous jitters as I am so invested? And I'm hoping it's just the product development timelines in industry.. and maybe products like Snapdragon were a little ahead of us in manufacturer development cycles?
Friend of HC?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 22378

Does anyone know if we have a link to aiMotive? They're a Hungarian tech comapny and Stellantis have just bought them to enahnce artificial inteligence and ADAS. They are to focus on four key areas: aiDrive, an embedded software stack for autonomous driving; aiData, which covers AI operations and data tooling; aiWare, which concentrates on silicon microchips; and aiSim, which is software simulation for the development of autonomous driving.

View attachment 22376

So Stellantis is taking the autonomous driving software stack aiDrive in house, but allowing aiWare silicon microchips as well as aiSim and aiData to be sold to competitors ... not all that surprising as far as aiWare (silicon microchips) is concerned.

Maybe they know of another silicon microchip which is better than aiWare as far as AD is concerned?

aiData is involved in training NNs, so, if you don't want the NN, you don't need the trainer.

aiSim - why would you want to simulate a dud NN microchip?

• Love
  • Fire

Bravo

What have we here...

Synopsys To Play A Key Role In Enabling Intel Foundry Services For US DOD Chip Program​

Dave Altavilla
Senior Contributor
I cover break-out tech in mobile, on desktop and in the data center.

Nov 17, 2022,01:30am EST

intel-ocotillo-fab-feat-16x9

Intel Fab 42 - Ocotillo Campus In Chandler, Arizona

Late last year, the US Department of Defense (DOD) put in motion a program called RAMP-C (Rapid Assured Microelectronics Prototypes – Commercial). The goal of this program is to help create state-of-the-art commercial semiconductor design, foundry and fabrication services with access for critical DOD systems and infrastructure. In the process, the US DOD awarded Intel an agreement to provide commercial chip foundry services in the first phase of this program. In-turn Intel Foundry Services (IFS) will be working with key partners such as Synopsys, to provide quantifiably assured design tools, IP and design services that will assure the DOD the security it needs to manufacture on Intel’s leading-edge commercial manufacturing nodes.

As part of Intel’s USMAG (US Military Aerospace and Government) Alliance, which was formed to enable a trusted US chip design ecosystem for IFS, Synopsys will supply the DOD and other US government branches with a comprehensive set of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, proven IP blocks and quantifiably-assured secure design services that are required. This is no small feat since historically US military, aerospace and government entities have trailed the silicon fab process curve, due to these strict security assurance requirements and their relatively low volume demand precluding them from being able to take advantage of high volume, cutting-edge commercial chip fab processes.

Keeping US Government, Aerospace And Defense Ahead Of The Curve​

It may sound crazy but US government and defense requirements for semiconductors have historically relied on dated chip fab technologies; think 90nm (nanometer) in a day and age when mainstream commercial fabless semiconductor companies are building chips on 7nm process technology and below. Again, part of the reason for this is that state-side chip fab partners like Global Foundries have had to provide secure assured design and manufacturing lines for low volume demands from US government entities. Where commercial US chip players like NVIDIA, Qualcomm and others drive upwards of 10K wafer starts per week, US government requirements are typically in the dozens of wafer starts per week range.

Synopsys Headquarters - Mountainview, CA (Company logo on building)

Synopsys Headquarters - Mountainview, CA

These high cost/low volume dynamics put GF in a position that it couldn’t offer an assured fab process in costly, more modern nodes. However, Intel Foundry Services committed to offering the US DOD’s RAMP-C program the modern fab process technologies it needs, while partnering with industry ecosystem partners such as Synopsys to enable chip design and prototyping on Intel’s most advanced 18A process node.

Cutting-Edge EDA Tools And IP Are Critical For Enabling Government IFS Support​

It’s great that this is all coming together at the same time as the CHIPS Act with Intel Foundry Services, as the US Government also obviously needs to bolster semiconductor manufacturing here state-side, but Intel can’t go it alone in this endeavor. In order to offer “quantifiably assured” design, manufacturing and IP blocks, critical partners like Synopsys, with its DoD Trusted Supplier accredited design services, helps complete the enablement. That enablement consists of many things like Synopsys chip design tools themselves, critical security IP blocks for easy implementation of things like IO and other connectivity technologies, and even specialized redaction technologies with a layer of field programmability that keeps certain aspects of the design secure from even Intel. It could be something as simple as a special frequency the government or military uses, a specialized piece of firmware or any myriad of top-secret aspects of a chip that needs to remain secure throughout the entire semiconductor fab process flow.

Synopsys Cloud Security Model

And so, as we’re beginning to learn, it takes much more than just the major fab and process commitment that Intel is providing for the US government, aerospace and defense branches, though that too of course is a many billions of dollars investment. Rather, an entire EDA tools, IP and design ecosystem needs to be cultivated for this effort, and Synopsys will be a key enabler of this new leading-edge, US-based Intel Foundry ecosystem.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Fenris,

As I said above, Sony committed to Snapdragon before the Prophesee/Brainchip (P/B) engagement was announced. Sony may be locked in to Snapdragon for a defined time period by contract.

Before P/B, prophesee would probably have been working with Snapdargon in conjunction with their Sony project, but when Prophesee found Akida, they praised Akida's performance highly (ne plus ultra) in comparison to other NNs they had worked with.

In my opinion, the extent to which Qualcomm is considered a competitor may be gauged from Prophesee's assessment of Akida.

In the more unfettered regions of my imagination, I can foresee Sony opting for a Prophesee/Akida image processing NN, even though that would leave the Snapdragon NN sitting idly by in the same phone.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Hi Fenris,

As I said above, Sony committed to Snapdragon before the Prophesee/Brainchip (P/B) engagement was announced. Sony may be locked in to Snapdragon for a defined time period by contract.

Before P/B, prophesee would probably have been working with Snapdargon in conjunction with their Sony project, but when Prophesee found Akida, they praised Akida's performance highly (ne plus ultra) in comparison to other NNs they had worked with.

In my opinion, the extent to which Qualcomm is considered a competitor may be gauged from Prophesee's assessment of Akida.

In the more unfettered regions of my imagination, I can foresee Sony opting for a Prophesee/Akida image processing NN, even though that would leave the Snapdragon NN sitting idly by in the same phone.
Yep just like when the motor car was introduced. A lot of people still had perfectly good carts that they had just bought so they continued buying horses until they wore out their carts then switched over.

Not having any idea what the Qualcomm Sony contract terms and conditions are I would doubt that it would lock in Sony to included Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8 in every mobile phone it ever makes in perpetuity.

So nothing at all to stop Sony adding a new model to its range that does not include Snapdragon 8 which relies on some new science fiction type technology.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What have we here...

Synopsys To Play A Key Role In Enabling Intel Foundry Services For US DOD Chip Program​

Dave Altavilla
Senior Contributor
I cover break-out tech in mobile, on desktop and in the data center.

Nov 17, 2022,01:30am EST

intel-ocotillo-fab-feat-16x9

Intel Fab 42 - Ocotillo Campus In Chandler, Arizona

Late last year, the US Department of Defense (DOD) put in motion a program called RAMP-C (Rapid Assured Microelectronics Prototypes – Commercial). The goal of this program is to help create state-of-the-art commercial semiconductor design, foundry and fabrication services with access for critical DOD systems and infrastructure. In the process, the US DOD awarded Intel an agreement to provide commercial chip foundry services in the first phase of this program. In-turn Intel Foundry Services (IFS) will be working with key partners such as Synopsys, to provide quantifiably assured design tools, IP and design services that will assure the DOD the security it needs to manufacture on Intel’s leading-edge commercial manufacturing nodes.

As part of Intel’s USMAG (US Military Aerospace and Government) Alliance, which was formed to enable a trusted US chip design ecosystem for IFS, Synopsys will supply the DOD and other US government branches with a comprehensive set of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, proven IP blocks and quantifiably-assured secure design services that are required. This is no small feat since historically US military, aerospace and government entities have trailed the silicon fab process curve, due to these strict security assurance requirements and their relatively low volume demand precluding them from being able to take advantage of high volume, cutting-edge commercial chip fab processes.

Keeping US Government, Aerospace And Defense Ahead Of The Curve​

It may sound crazy but US government and defense requirements for semiconductors have historically relied on dated chip fab technologies; think 90nm (nanometer) in a day and age when mainstream commercial fabless semiconductor companies are building chips on 7nm process technology and below. Again, part of the reason for this is that state-side chip fab partners like Global Foundries have had to provide secure assured design and manufacturing lines for low volume demands from US government entities. Where commercial US chip players like NVIDIA, Qualcomm and others drive upwards of 10K wafer starts per week, US government requirements are typically in the dozens of wafer starts per week range.

Synopsys Headquarters - Mountainview, CA (Company logo on building)

Synopsys Headquarters - Mountainview, CA

These high cost/low volume dynamics put GF in a position that it couldn’t offer an assured fab process in costly, more modern nodes. However, Intel Foundry Services committed to offering the US DOD’s RAMP-C program the modern fab process technologies it needs, while partnering with industry ecosystem partners such as Synopsys to enable chip design and prototyping on Intel’s most advanced 18A process node.

Cutting-Edge EDA Tools And IP Are Critical For Enabling Government IFS Support​

It’s great that this is all coming together at the same time as the CHIPS Act with Intel Foundry Services, as the US Government also obviously needs to bolster semiconductor manufacturing here state-side, but Intel can’t go it alone in this endeavor. In order to offer “quantifiably assured” design, manufacturing and IP blocks, critical partners like Synopsys, with its DoD Trusted Supplier accredited design services, helps complete the enablement. That enablement consists of many things like Synopsys chip design tools themselves, critical security IP blocks for easy implementation of things like IO and other connectivity technologies, and even specialized redaction technologies with a layer of field programmability that keeps certain aspects of the design secure from even Intel. It could be something as simple as a special frequency the government or military uses, a specialized piece of firmware or any myriad of top-secret aspects of a chip that needs to remain secure throughout the entire semiconductor fab process flow.

Synopsys Cloud Security Model

And so, as we’re beginning to learn, it takes much more than just the major fab and process commitment that Intel is providing for the US government, aerospace and defense branches, though that too of course is a many billions of dollars investment. Rather, an entire EDA tools, IP and design ecosystem needs to be cultivated for this effort, and Synopsys will be a key enabler of this new leading-edge, US-based Intel Foundry ecosystem.

Thanks bravo,

Wheels within wheels.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Fenris78

Regular
Friend of HC?
No it was a genuine question. I've been hanging out to see Akida taken up by phone manufacturers... and I also watched the Valeo presentation a (couple of years ago?) and have been waiting for confirmation of Akida... since those questions at the end of the presentation. It's disheartening to then see news of Valeo working with Qualcomm, especially after seeing the majority of phone manufacturers adopting Snapdragon, rather than Akida. It's probably more a case of managing expectations (as has been mentioned on this forum) amongst all the dot joining. In short, I don't appreciate the HC comments, after posing a genuine question... which I'm sure others are contemplating after a long period of no news. This is a forum for discussion after all??

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
It’s a brainy Band-Aid, a smart watch without the watch, and a leap forward for wearable health technologies. Researchers at the University of Chicago’s Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME) have developed a flexible, stretchable computing chip that processes information by mimicking the human brain. The device, described in the journal Matter, aims to change the way health data is processed.

Wang and his colleagues turned to polymers, which can be used to build semiconductors and electrochemical transistors but also have the ability to stretch and bend. They assembled polymers into a device that allowed the artificial-intelligence-based analysis of health data. Rather than work like a typical computer, the chip— called a neuromorphic computing chip—functions more like a human brain, able to both store and analyze data in an integrated way.

Further to the post by @TopCat I came across the same information but via the other part of the research team - Argonne National Laboratory

The article has some very pertinent phrasing which I have highlighted further below in red

The post I found was by Peter Skangos who is the Chief Commercial Officer at Information Systems Lab (ISL) - which is directly linked to BrainChip via the Early Access Program (EAP) and "developing an AI-based radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ neural networking processor."

ISL is an innovative technology development company that specializes in creating real world solutions for commercial, national security and energy sectors. We design, engineer and produce state-of-the-art products, as well as provide in-depth research and expert analysis for our customers around the globe. In today’s rapidly evolving world of complex challenges, you can trust ISL to create the customized solutions you need.”

Link to Peter's LinkedIn post here and to the 16/11/2022 Argonne National Lab article here.

1668822469882.png

The good bits from the Argonne National Labs article:

'Worn routinely, future wearable electronics could potentially detect possible emerging health problems — such as heart disease, cancer or multiple sclerosis — even before obvious symptoms appear. The device could also do a personalized analysis of the tracked health data while minimizing the need for its wireless transmission. “The diagnosis for the same health measurements could differ depending on the person’s age, medical history and other factors,” Wang said. “Such a diagnosis, with health information being continuously gathered over an extended period, is very data intensive.”

Such a device would need to collect and process a vast amount of data, well above what even the best smartwatches can do today. And it would have to do this data crunching with very low power consumption in a very tiny space.

To address that need, the team called upon neuromorphic computing. This AI technology mimics operation of the brain by training on past data sets and learning from experience. Its advantages include compatibility with stretchable material, lower energy consumption and faster speed than other types of AI.'

1668823893579.png

1668823050019.png

1668823074065.png

1668824420442.png

1668824481670.png

1668824579327.png

1668824744437.png

I searched tse for Argonne and see that @pgetties asked if something else Argonne related was Akida back in early August here

Attachments

• 1668823982169.png
    1668823982169.png
    385.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

So, basically what you're saying is:
1. you have no idea what the AI in the recently revealed Snapdragon Gen2 is actually capable of
2. you have no idea how it compares (technically) to Akida
3. you are claiming that "phone manufacturers prefer to use Snapdragon's AI" - presumably all of them as part of that claim? Or just some?

I am not sure how you can doubt your own research and presumably your 'so invested' stake in BRN without answers to these things.......

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Further to the post by @TopCat I came across the same information but via the other part of the research team - Argonne National Laboratory

The article has some very pertinent phrasing which I have highlighted further below in red

The post I found was by Peter Skangos who is the Chief Commercial Officer at Information Systems Lab (ISL) - which is directly linked to BrainChip via the Early Access Program (EAP) and "developing an AI-based radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ neural networking processor."

Link to Peter's LinkedIn post here and to the 16/11/2022 Argonne National Lab article here.

View attachment 22390

The good bits from the Argonne National Labs article:

'Worn routinely, future wearable electronics could potentially detect possible emerging health problems — such as heart disease, cancer or multiple sclerosis — even before obvious symptoms appear. The device could also do a personalized analysis of the tracked health data while minimizing the need for its wireless transmission. “The diagnosis for the same health measurements could differ depending on the person’s age, medical history and other factors,” Wang said. “Such a diagnosis, with health information being continuously gathered over an extended period, is very data intensive.”

Such a device would need to collect and process a vast amount of data, well above what even the best smartwatches can do today. And it would have to do this data crunching with very low power consumption in a very tiny space.

To address that need, the team called upon neuromorphic computing. This AI technology mimics operation of the brain by training on past data sets and learning from experience. Its advantages include compatibility with stretchable material, lower energy consumption and faster speed than other types of AI.'

View attachment 22399
View attachment 22393
View attachment 22394

View attachment 22402

View attachment 22403

View attachment 22404

View attachment 22405

I searched tse for Argonne and see that @pgetties asked if something else Argonne related was Akida back in early August here
Hi @TopCat & @thelittleshort

Well if it’s good enough for Peter to ‘celebrate’ the Edge Impulse integration of AKIDA it is little enough for me to celebrate your respective research and generous sharing here.

I followed your ‘here’ and found the following:

1668826335444.png

Now given what company Peter Skangos has been liking and celebrating it makes sense that the prize ISL won during the Urban Mobility Challenge had to involve a certain AKIDA neuromorphic computing architecture.

Science fiction and outer space exploration seem tailor made for each other.

Which reminds me I read a headline in last few days to the effect that one of the anti missile systems deployed in the Ukraine by the USA had achieved 100% stop rate on Russian missiles. It did not occur to read further than the headline as I was focused on something else at the time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
So, basically what you're saying is:
1. you have no idea what the AI in the recently revealed Snapdragon Gen2 is actually capable of
2. you have no idea how it compares (technically) to Akida
3. you are claiming that "phone manufacturers prefer to use Snapdragon's AI" - presumably all of them as part of that claim? Or just some?

I am not sure how you can doubt your own research and presumably your 'so invested' stake in BRN without answers to these things.......
The missing statistic in this fear of Qualcomm is that ARM chips power over 90% of all mobile phones including the iPhone which does not use Snapdragon 8.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Did I forget to mention Brainchip is an ARM partner for mobile phones.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
The missing statistic in this fear of Qualcomm is that ARM chips power over 90% of all mobile phones including the iPhone which does not use Snapdragon 8.

Woah, slow down. That's a lot of DD/research to swallow all at once. Let me wallow in the absence of facts a little longer and then broadcast my fear in a post every few days. This feels like a better use of my (and someone elses?) time and money.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Hi @TopCat & @thelittleshort

Well if it’s good enough for Peter to ‘celebrate’ the Edge Impulse integration of AKIDA it is little enough for me to celebrate your respective research and generous sharing here.

I followed your ‘here’ and found the following:

View attachment 22408

Now given what company Peter Skangos has been liking and celebrating it makes sense that the prize ISL won during the Urban Mobility Challenge had to involve a certain AKIDA neuromorphic computing architecture.

Science fiction and outer space exploration seem tailor made for each other.

Which reminds me I read a headline in last few days to the effect that one of the anti missile systems deployed in the Ukraine by the USA had achieved 100% stop rate on Russian missiles. It did not occur to read further than the headline as I was focused on something else at the time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
16 Nov 2022 - 15:03
(15:03 GMT)

US NASAMS air defence system 100% successful: Washington​

US-provided NASAMS air defence systems have had a 100 percent success rate in Ukraine intercepting Russian missiles, US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said.
Austin, speaking at the start of a routine virtual meeting of several defence ministers on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, said the United States would work with Poland to gather more information on the explosion, but he did not assign blame.
On Tuesday, a missile landed in a Polish border village, resulting in two people’s deaths.
Initial investigations have found that the missile was likely to have come from Ukraine’s air defence systems

• Thinking

Rskiff

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom