BRN Discussion Ongoing

AKIDA 2.0 a chip that thinks ahead like you could resolve the problem their walking system has:

“6 Discussion and Limitations
In this work, we show an end-to-end approach to walking with egocentric depth that can traverse a large variety of terrains including stairs, gaps and stepping stones. However, there can be certain instances where the robot fails because of a visual or terrain mismatch between the simulation and the real world. The only solution to this problem under the current paradigm is to engineer the situation back into simulation and retrain. This poses a fundamental limitation to this approach and in future, we would like to leverage the data collected in the real world to continue improving both the visual and the motor performance.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
One would think since we have that thingamajig collaboration with the university they might actually give us a whirl.
Just to melt the heart

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone else remember Rob Telson being asked about Nvidia being competition and his response that Brainchip saw Nvidia more as a partner going forward.

If you were the CEO of Brainchip and there was the opportunity to make Nvidia part of your partner ecosystem do you think you might consider creating a new position of Vice President Ecosystems and Partners to maximise every opportunity to achieve this objective.

The following is an extract from a German language Gaming Magazine that Mercedes Benz invited to one of its EQXX meets the press days:

“Completely new is also the infotainment system, which runs on an 8K screen with mini LED technology and a screen diagonal of 47.5 inches. Passengers can talk to the avatar, who acts as a tour guide. Inspired by the other concept vehicle Mercedes Vision AVTR, the Vision EQXX also uses artificial intelligence to control air conditioning & Co. Thus, information should only be sent if the received signals reach certain thresholds. For example, the Hey Mercedes voice control should consume significantly less power than with previous MBUX systems. For this purpose, the Baden-Württemberg company works together with the Californian company Brainchip as well as with Nvidia. Brainchip provides the Akida hardware and software, which is 1.2 million neurons per SoC, distributed over a chipset with 80 NPUs, which is built in 28 nm at the contract manufacturer TSMC. Nvidia, on the other hand, continues to provide the driving force behind future MBUX generations with the Orin SoC based on the Ampere architecture of Geforce RTX 3080 & Co. and develops the MBUX operating system and autonomous driving functions together with Mercedes.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 78 users
Anyone else remember Rob Telson being asked about Nvidia being competition and his response that Brainchip saw Nvidia more as a partner going forward.

If you were the CEO of Brainchip and there was the opportunity to make Nvidia part of your partner ecosystem do you think you might consider creating a new position of Vice President Ecosystems and Partners to maximise every opportunity to achieve this objective.

The following is an extract from a German language Gaming Magazine that Mercedes Benz invited to one of its EQXX meets the press days:

“Completely new is also the infotainment system, which runs on an 8K screen with mini LED technology and a screen diagonal of 47.5 inches. Passengers can talk to the avatar, who acts as a tour guide. Inspired by the other concept vehicle Mercedes Vision AVTR, the Vision EQXX also uses artificial intelligence to control air conditioning & Co. Thus, information should only be sent if the received signals reach certain thresholds. For example, the Hey Mercedes voice control should consume significantly less power than with previous MBUX systems. For this purpose, the Baden-Württemberg company works together with the Californian company Brainchip as well as with Nvidia. Brainchip provides the Akida hardware and software, which is 1.2 million neurons per SoC, distributed over a chipset with 80 NPUs, which is built in 28 nm at the contract manufacturer TSMC. Nvidia, on the other hand, continues to provide the driving force behind future MBUX generations with the Orin SoC based on the Ampere architecture of Geforce RTX 3080 & Co. and develops the MBUX operating system and autonomous driving functions together with Mercedes.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Right need a cold shower after reading that.🧖‍♂️🚿
shower GIF

And yes I recall that comment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Right need a cold shower after reading that.🧖‍♂️🚿
shower GIF

And yes I recall that comment.
I was listening to the radio in the car on Thursday last and Wil Hagen Motoring Journalist was on being interviewed about electric cars and I was reminded how it will take a new wave of car and technology literate journalists to write meaningful car reviews in our electric future.

What attracts me to this article is that the Journalist is first and foremost a technology writer and clearly has a better grasp on the Brainchip Nvidia side of the EQXX.

It could not be any clearer that Nvidia has been under the technology hood of the AKIDA science fiction story and one way or another was forced to concede to Mercedes Benz that Brainchip had a substantially better solution in some areas than they could offer.

Knowing this logically what does Nvidia do moving forward?

Rob Telson suggests partnership is the solution?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
Did somebody say AKIDA hardly generates any heat???

“Graphics card-maker Nvidia is investigating reports its latest cards may be causing power cables to melt.
Social-media users posted photos online appearing to show damage to the cable used to power the Nvidia RTX 4090, launched in October 2022.
They claimed the graphics card, which retails for £1,699, was "melting" the adapter supplied in the box.
Nvidia told BBC News it was looking into the claims.
"We continue to investigate the reports - however, we don't have further details to share yet," it said”

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Look closely and marvel at the inventiveness of the evolved human brain.

Notice I said evolved so that those at MF and AFR do not try to emulate such creativity and become depressed:

1668810821635.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Yes it's great holders have a chance to top up their holding at what I think is a reasonable price.
I agree no need to be worried just more patience. Hehe I've been patient since 2015.
Wow 2015!! Jeebers… yeah na… late 2021 for me, but I’m sure it was still in good time.

Edit: change typo from late 2022 to late 2021 ;).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Taproot

Regular
If AKIDA is Science Fiction then:

“Mercedes-Benz collaborates with Avatar: The Way of Water from 20th Century Studios​

Nov 18, 2022
Stuttgart/Los Angeles

Press Contact (2)

• Global co-promotion campaignstarts today ahead of movie’s global release in theatres in December. Key message: “Earth is our Pandora”
  • Strategic brand collaboration with focus on sustainability, respect and community that unite the film’s message and Mercedes‑Benz’s own journey to a fully electric future
  • All-electric vehicles as well as advanced digital and autonomous technology depict the journey to the Mercedes‑Benz art of creating desire
Mercedes-Benz is entering the next phase of its strategic brand collaboration with Avatar: The Way of Water and 20th Century Studios that aims to embed themes such as sustainability, mobility of the future, technology and innovation within an emotional brand experience. Today marks the start of a global co-promotion campaign for the much-anticipated movie Avatar: The Way of Water from 20th Century Studios which opens in theatres on December 16. Building upon the campaign idea of “Earth is our Pandora”, the messaging focuses on responsibility to our planet – reinforcing the central Mercedes‑Benz corporate messaging “Every action counts. Join our journey to a fully electric future.” Exclusive film footage shows Avatar: The Way of Water’s vibrant environmental imagery and locations on earth to evoke a dreamlike sense of otherworldliness. Campaign assets such as the TVCdepict fully electric vehicles from Mercedes‑EQ including the new EQE SUV. The campaign will play out across key Mercedes-Benz markets worldwide, with assets covering TV, cinema, digital and social media. Co-promotional campaign assets are available in 30, 20, 15 and 10-second lengths. The co-promotion campaign completes a circle which debuted with the VISION AVTR concept vehicle, which was inspired by the world of AVATAR.
“AVATAR is one of the most successful film franchises in the world with a message that is also central to the Mercedes ethos and the targets set out in our ‘Ambition 2039’. We share the belief that we need a more respectful approach to nature and that we must conserve its resources. This co-promotion with Avatar: The Way of Water is part of our journey as a company, and we salute the narrative of the AVATAR story on the need to strike a balance between environmental, economic and social interests. It is a source of inspiration as we pursue our sustainable business strategy,” says Ola Källenius, Chief Executive Officer of Mercedes‑Benz Group AG. Learn more about ‘Ambition 2039’ and Sustainability at Mercedes‑Benz here.
“We are thrilled about our global collaboration with Mercedes‑Benz in celebration of Avatar: The Way of Water”, said Jon Landau, producer of the film. “This campaign extends the storytelling of the VISION AVTR, which was inspired by the Avatar franchise and designed in a partnership between our team at Lightstorm Entertainment and the visionary designers at Mercedes‑Benz.” James Cameron, director, writer and producer of Avatar: The Way of Water, shared, “Together with Mercedes‑Benz, we have created a campaign grounded in the storytelling of the world of Pandora that further showcases our shared values of community, respect for the world we live in and sustainability. We look forward to seeing this campaign come to life and sharing our new film with fans around the world.”
The Mercedes‑Benz fleet will be electric-only by 2030, wherever market conditions allow. Its portfolio now encompasses eight battery-electric vehicles: the EQA, EQB, EQC, EQE, EQE SUV, EQS, EQS SUV and EQV. Added to that are the EQE, EQE SUV and EQS performance models from Mercedes‑AMG, meaning the company already offers an all-electric model in every segment in which it is represented. Mercedes‑EQ models and visionary concept cars tell the story of what can be achieved now and in future through innovation, teamwork and a shared determination to preserve resources. The VISION EQXX research vehicle, unveiled at the start of the year, offers a tangible and completely realistic way forward for electric vehicle technology and the sustainability of the future. Meanwhile, the VISION AVTR concept vehicle presented at CES 2020 in Las Vegas embodies the vision of Mercedes‑Benz designers, engineers and trend researchers for mobility in the distant future.
“By highlighting the fusion of bionic design and technology, the campaign messaging aims to strengthen the importance of the coming together and co-existence of humankind and nature,” says Bettina Fetzer, Vice President Communications and Marketing of Mercedes‑Benz AG. “The co-promotion campaign starting today is another milestone in the collaboration between Mercedes‑Benz and the creators of Avatar: The Way of Water and to-date the most extensive brand collaboration between Mercedes‑Benz AG and a film”, Bettina Fetzer added.

VISION AVTR – inspired by AVATAR​

The Mercedes‑Benz VISION AVTR is the result of an extraordinary global collaboration between AVATAR, one of the most innovative film brands in the entertainment industry, and Mercedes‑Benz, the world’s eighth most valuable brand (according to Interbrand Ranking 2022). The name of the ground-breaking concept vehicle stands for ADVANCED VEHICLE TRANSFORMATION. The biometric connection in the autonomous concept vehicle enables a completely new interaction between man, machine and nature.
Its taut “one-bow” lines and organic design language combine exterior and interior into an emotional whole. Sustainable materials such as vegan DINAMICA® leather made from recycled materials, fast-growing Karuun® (rattan) that can only thrive in biodiversity, and organic, compostable battery technology create a closed-loop economy. Thirty-three bionic flaps on the back of the vehicle can communicate with the outside world – with and through the driver – using naturally flowing movements in subtle gestures. Instead of a conventional steering wheel, the VISION AVTR has a multifunctional control element in the centre console. When passengers place their hand on the control, the interior comes to life and the vehicle recognises them by their heart rate. When the user simply raises their hand, the intelligent system projects a menu selection onto the palm, allowing the user to choose intuitively between different functionalities.”
This is exactly why the share price did what it did in January.

and Mercedes‑Benz, the world’s eighth most valuable brand (according to Interbrand Ranking 2022).

Toyota came in at #6
BMW came in at #13
Ford came in at #50

Here is a link to the worlds top 100 brands

Mercedes AVTR ( For those who have not seen it before )

New Mercedes Avatar Ad

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Realinfo

Regular
Although I have previously put this proposition to you, I would like to do so again.

There is a great deal of healthy discussion and debate about competition and what percentage of various markets we can expect. Man years are spent dot joining and considering whether this company or that application could involve Akida.

I would simply like to say this…it doesn’t matter what industry, what company or what application anyone here would like to nominate, it will only realise it’s full potential by using Akida.

Any other solution will be inferior at best, and very likely to condemn the organisation and those proposing it to the pathway of the dinosaurs.

My challenge to the 1000 eyes and any Doubting Thomas’s is…convince me that there is a reliable, resilient, proven alternative to Akida that will realistically appear anytime soon.

’A Fly on the Wall’ - encore

I understand my post about overhearing a conversation between two blokes from Siemens has been revisited during the week. Here is more to salivate…

France Soir is a South Yarra restaurant…my mate is a Melbournian…Melbourne is the Aussie home for many German companies including Siemens…as such, there’s an active community of German executives…Melbourne is Australia’s best city !!

Following our lunch, my mate (who is retired after a long career with Rio and thus well connected to the Melbourne business community) did a bit of digging about the two hombres we overheard. It turns out that the bloke with the German accent was visiting from Siemens HQ in Munich, and his luncheon partner a local, and quite senior.

At the time of posting a fly on the wall, some here questioned whether we actually heard what was stated. May I simply say…my mate and I are cognitive and are in full possession of our faculties. We have swapped notes on the matter more than once, and stand by what was posted.

The debate about the existence of a competitor continues.

It has been many weeks since the above post challenged the 1000 eyes to find a genuine competitor to Akida. I’m not aware of even a single one being found. Me myself personally is confident that there simply isn’t anything out there that could be described as a competitor.

There is zilch…zero…no competitor…and it’s only gunna get worse with the arrival of Akida 2000. Then there’s the matter of Peter‘s reply to my question just before this year’s AGM…what comes after Akida 3000…’lots’.

Let me conclude by saying…sooner or later our friends at Intel, IBM et al must eventually swallow their pride, stop throwing billions away, and buy Akida licenses. If they don’t, they to will follow the path of dinosaurs.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 73 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Golly! Imagine how much more attention people will be paying to Markus Shaefer's Neuromorphic Computing blog after this Avatar: The Way of the Water" campaign rolls out?

hhgf.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Why RISC-V Architecture Is the Future of Embedded Design​

The open standard RISC-V can support a faster time to market for silicon designs and may reduce the need for an extensive team.
Chris Jones, VP of Products at SiFive | Nov 17, 2022
1668814171361.png

A great example is the recent announcement by NASA that it is embracing RISC-V for future processing requirements. NASA wanted an ISA that would be supported many years in the future and by a wide ecosystem. RISC-V-powered processors provide an efficient and powerful solution that not only outperforms the competition but also offers the potential for software support over time by the wider RISC-V ecosystem. In another use case, Google has shown the promise of RISC-V in companion processors to accelerate its AI accelerators in data centers, also benefitting from RISC-V’s flexibility

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

TECH

Regular

I understand my post about overhearing a conversation between two blokes from Siemens has been revisited during the week. Here is more to salivate…

France Soir is a South Yarra restaurant…my mate is a Melbournian…Melbourne is the Aussie home for many German companies including Siemens…as such, there’s an active community of German executives…Melbourne is Australia’s best city !!

Following our lunch, my mate (who is retired after a long career with Rio and thus well connected to the Melbourne business community) did a bit of digging about the two hombres we overheard. It turns out that the bloke with the German accent was visiting from Siemens HQ in Munich, and his luncheon partner a local, and quite senior.

At the time of posting a fly on the wall, some here questioned whether we actually heard what was stated. May I simply say…my mate and I are cognitive and are in full possession of our faculties. We have swapped notes on the matter more than once, and stand by what was posted.

It has been many weeks since the above post challenged the 1000 eyes to find a genuine competitor to Akida. I’m not aware of even a single one being found. Me myself personally is confident that there simply isn’t anything out there that could be described as a competitor.

There is zilch…zero…no competitor…and it’s only gunna get worse with the arrival of Akida 2000. Then there’s the matter of Peter‘s reply to my question just before this year’s AGM…what comes after Akida 3000…’lots’.

Let me conclude by saying…sooner or later our friends at Intel, IBM et al must eventually swallow their pride, stop throwing billions away, and buy Akida licenses. If they don’t, they to will follow the path of dinosaurs.

Excellent post and very well balanced. Tech (y)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Does anyone know if we have a link to aiMotive? They're a Hungarian tech comapny and Stellantis have just bought them to enahnce artificial inteligence and ADAS. They are to focus on four key areas: aiDrive, an embedded software stack for autonomous driving; aiData, which covers AI operations and data tooling; aiWare, which concentrates on silicon microchips; and aiSim, which is software simulation for the development of autonomous driving.

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 10.32.22 am.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

stockduck

Regular
...just a little off topic but eventually for the technical part of management some news of
  • By: Graphene Flagship
  • Graphene Flagship
  • Publishing date: 10 November 2022

"

Graphene Flagship Spearhead Project AUTOVISION is developing a new high-resolution image sensor for autonomous vehicles, which can detect obstacles and road curvature even in extreme and difficult driving conditions.​

"

Reactions: 3 users

Rskiff

Regular

To your comment about Intel @Realinfo , a video today from Alex from TickerSymbolYou which is on Intel.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Does anyone know if we have a link to aiMotive? They're a Hungarian tech comapny and Stellantis have just bought them to enahnce artificial inteligence and ADAS. They are to focus on four key areas: aiDrive, an embedded software stack for autonomous driving; aiData, which covers AI operations and data tooling; aiWare, which concentrates on silicon microchips; and aiSim, which is software simulation for the development of autonomous driving.

View attachment 22376

only short say I found a connection to Prophessee, Nvidia and Plumerai, don´t know more yet and I go to bed now

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom