BRN Discussion Ongoing

16 Nov 2022 - 15:03
(15:03 GMT)

US NASAMS air defence system 100% successful: Washington​

US-provided NASAMS air defence systems have had a 100 percent success rate in Ukraine intercepting Russian missiles, US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said.
Austin, speaking at the start of a routine virtual meeting of several defence ministers on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, said the United States would work with Poland to gather more information on the explosion, but he did not assign blame.
On Tuesday, a missile landed in a Polish border village, resulting in two people’s deaths.
Initial investigations have found that the missile was likely to have come from Ukraine’s air defence systems

Very interesting article particularly given the past links to Raytheon and the fact that this system is designed to be upgradable as new technologies emerge.

Could there be a stage left entrance by ISL???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users
I was listening to the radio in the car on Thursday last and Wil Hagen Motoring Journalist was on being interviewed about electric cars and I was reminded how it will take a new wave of car and technology literate journalists to write meaningful car reviews in our electric future.

What attracts me to this article is that the Journalist is first and foremost a technology writer and clearly has a better grasp on the Brainchip Nvidia side of the EQXX.

It could not be any clearer that Nvidia has been under the technology hood of the AKIDA science fiction story and one way or another was forced to concede to Mercedes Benz that Brainchip had a substantially better solution in some areas than they could offer.

Knowing this logically what does Nvidia do moving forward?

Rob Telson suggests partnership is the solution?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Logically they should just save money and buy an Akida license.
But they'll continue to waste cash chasing their tails for a bit longer imo.
Screenshot_20221119-135705.png

Looks like that recent job ad has totally vanished. Can someone else please confirm 🤣

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Fenris78

Regular
So, basically what you're saying is:
1. you have no idea what the AI in the recently revealed Snapdragon Gen2 is actually capable of
2. you have no idea how it compares (technically) to Akida
3. you are claiming that "phone manufacturers prefer to use Snapdragon's AI" - presumably all of them as part of that claim? Or just some?

I am not sure how you can doubt your own research and presumably your 'so invested' stake in BRN without answers to these things.......
1. "Walks like a duck, talks like a duck etc" were the comments posted on this forum, prior to Snapdragon's launch a few days ago. I have no idea what Snapdragon (more specifically Qualcomm's own analogue SNN) is capable of... but Qualcomm have advertised many features that I considered to be unique to Akida with our technological lead - i.e. privacy and security free of the cloud, self learning, "always on" camera," low power etc.

2. I have no idea how Qualcomm's SNN is compares to Akida, but it's advertising similar strengths to Akida in it's launch. Akida's IP has been available for some time - and I'm frustrated that some of the dot joining hasn't come to fruition.. yet. But hey, look at the share price! I'm not Robinson Crusoe in saying this! I believe Akida is a better product... but like many others want to start seeing solid revenue and growth. Especially in the face of other technologies i.e. Snapdragon that are meant to be inferior? Really, how would anyone know how Akida SNN compares to Qualcomm SNN under all the cloak and dagger of NDA's? There's alot of talk of no competition on this forum... but if there's no competition, then why isn't Akida IP in 2023 phones using SNN technology?? I think it's a fair bloody question?

3. Sony, Samsung and a host of others have committed to using Snapdragon in 2023. That's a fact.

4. What right do you have WILZY123 to challenge my investment in BRN? I'm asking these questions as a concerned investor.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I'm asking these questions as a concerned investor.
You weren't asking questions... you were framing a whole bunch of unsubstantiated and uninformed comments as though they had a tangible bearing on reality. This is misleading and a basically fear mongering. I am only challenging your choice of narrative, not your apparent investment.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Fenris78

Regular
You weren't asking questions... you were framing a whole bunch of unsubstantiated and uninformed comments as though they had a tangible bearing on reality. This is misleading and a basically fear mongering. I am only challenging your choice of narrative, not your apparent investment.
Unsubstantiated information? Have Qualcomm not used SNN technology that they developed themselves over Akida? Until a couple of days ago... I didn't think anything came close to Akida's performance? I'm trying to generate some discussion around that... hoping for constructive comments (such as from Diogenese) to help me understand my investment vs competitors. Nothing more, nothing less. Get off you #$%^ soapbox WILZY123 and have a little consideration for other investors who may not have the luxury of extended time frames to continue waiting year on year for some of these dots to connect. You've had nothing constructive to comment on, other than belittling or abusive posts... something I'd expect on that other forum.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Unsubstantiated information? Have Qualcomm not used SNN technology that they developed themselves over Akida? Until a couple of days ago... I didn't think anything came close to Akida's performance? I'm trying to generate some discussion around that... hoping for constructive comments (such as from Diogenese) to help me understand my investment vs competitors. Nothing more, nothing less. Get off you #$%^ soapbox WILZY123 and have a little consideration for other investors who may not have the luxury of extended time frames to continue waiting year on year for some of these dots to connect. You've had nothing constructive to comment on, other than belittling or abusive posts... something I'd expect on that other forum.
Haha, ok.

Logically they should just save money and buy an Akida license.
But they'll continue to waste cash chasing their tails for a bit longer imo.
View attachment 22409
Looks like that recent job ad has totally vanished. Can someone else please confirm 🤣
Did you want another screen shot or did you want someone to verify it has been removed?

1668830695008.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
I hope you're not basing your investment on the dot joins here.
Not saying the dots are garbage some of them are real good. The only thing that matters is asx announcements and revenue Edit: And also verified company releases. (Cheers FF)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Definitely worth a read.
And considering what brainchip as a company are doing (Akida)
I think we are traveling along real fine. Well for my investment time frame at least.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Meanwhile, back to reality.

One would have thought there would be financial repercussions for making false, misleading, or deceptive claims?

"Worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning" - big claim to make. Might it be true?

https://brainchip.com/company/

1668831356528.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Fenris78

Regular
Not saying the dots garbage some of them are real good. The only thing that matters is asx announcements and revenue.
Definitely not. I stumbled upon the companies website a few years ago... and immediately like what I was reading. Though, I have been guilty of reading too much on these forums and sending myself down rabbit holes. Prob something that I need to take a break from.

Reactions: 4 users

Fenris78

Regular
Meanwhile, back to reality.

One would have thought there would be financial repercussions for making false, misleading, or deceptive claims?

"Worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning" - big claim to make. Might it be true?

https://brainchip.com/company/

View attachment 22414
The reality is a share price back in the 60c range and not much in the way of receipts... yet. Puffery, doesn't increase the value of my shares. Revenue does. "The Burgers are best at hungry Jacks".... yet nobody is taking legal action against them. Grow up.

Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
The reality is a share price back in the 60c range and not much in the way of receipts... yet. Puffery, doesn't increase the value of my shares. Revenue does.
Haha, ok.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Foxdog

Regular
I think until the company, or one of our customers, makes a definitive announcement regarding the actual use of AKIDA in a revenue generating commercial product then all questions and associated doubts are reasonable. The 3 year lead afforded to AKIDA has to be realised via commercial uptake for us all to really breathe a sigh of relief. It's natural to examine and wonder why companies are choosing inferior technology over AKIDA (if that's what is actually happening). Lack of company news, for whatever reasons will continue to fuel the debate, particularly if revenue in the next 4C is lacklustre. Keep digging and asking questions F78 that's what this forum is all about, even if the answers might be unpalatable.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Not saying the dots garbage some of them are real good. The only thing that matters is asx announcements and revenue.
I think I would add verified company releases not just on the ASX otherwise you discount any value to the partnerships with ARM, Prophesee, Edge Impulse etc;

I also raised my concerns that people elevating dots like the Snapdragon 8 in initial commentary to the level of fact would lead to shareholders feeling as @Fenris78 apparently does.

So here we are with all the rock solid known factual information having a debate about Snapdragon 8 when there is a global market of thousands of industrial players where AKIDA can be finding a place to dominate.

ARM has over 1,000 technology partners and 55 million engineers engaged with its platforms.

Edge Impulse with over 55,000 engineers on it’s books proclaiming to them and the rest of the tech world that AKIDA is the stuff of science fiction.

MegaChips filling its shareholder reports with Brainchip and AKIDA.

Prophesee saying their house of straw was instantly turned into double brick with DOUBLE GLAZED landscape windows upon the introduction of AKIDA magic.

ISL celebrating AKIDA neuromorphic computing and winning DARPA competitions.

Mercedes Benz embracing AKIDA neuromorphic computing.

And now with much more than this short list we are having a pointless discussion about Snapdragon 8.

If you want to look at Qualcomm’s track record on claims about Snapdragon in the past many times before it has made bold claims only to fall well short.

If anyone wants to know if Qualcomm and Snapdragon 8 have crossed the huge technology gap to AKIDA and are shareholders send a polite email to Tony Dawe at Brainchip Investor Relations or you could take the word of an anonymous old technophobe on social media who has absolutely no idea that it is yet another crock of technology sh-te making performance claims so far from the science fiction levels of AKIDA it is not even worthy of serving at AKIDA’s table let alone being given a seat.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

Slade

Top 20
I remember a small period of time when Black & White TV competed with Colour TV.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Definitely not. I stumbled upon the companies website a few years ago... and immediately like what I was reading. Though, I have been guilty of reading too much on these forums and sending myself down rabbit holes. Prob something that I need to take a break from.
Glad to hear that. I've had my moments over the years with frustrations. I've come to realize this sort of thing takes time. It's my belief in about a year our decision to invest here will be well and truly vindicated and massive growth will be achieved there on.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

M_C

Founding Member
Anyone else remember Rob Telson being asked about Nvidia being competition and his response that Brainchip saw Nvidia more as a partner going forward.

If you were the CEO of Brainchip and there was the opportunity to make Nvidia part of your partner ecosystem do you think you might consider creating a new position of Vice President Ecosystems and Partners to maximise every opportunity to achieve this objective.

The following is an extract from a German language Gaming Magazine that Mercedes Benz invited to one of its EQXX meets the press days:

“Completely new is also the infotainment system, which runs on an 8K screen with mini LED technology and a screen diagonal of 47.5 inches. Passengers can talk to the avatar, who acts as a tour guide. Inspired by the other concept vehicle Mercedes Vision AVTR, the Vision EQXX also uses artificial intelligence to control air conditioning & Co. Thus, information should only be sent if the received signals reach certain thresholds. For example, the Hey Mercedes voice control should consume significantly less power than with previous MBUX systems. For this purpose, the Baden-Württemberg company works together with the Californian company Brainchip as well as with Nvidia. Brainchip provides the Akida hardware and software, which is 1.2 million neurons per SoC, distributed over a chipset with 80 NPUs, which is built in 28 nm at the contract manufacturer TSMC. Nvidia, on the other hand, continues to provide the driving force behind future MBUX generations with the Orin SoC based on the Ampere architecture of Geforce RTX 3080 & Co. and develops the MBUX operating system and autonomous driving functions together with Mercedes.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Screenshot_20221118_162106_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
I think I would add verified company releases not just on the ASX otherwise you discount any value to the partnerships with ARM, Prophesee, Edge Impulse etc;

I also raised my concerns that people elevating dots like the Snapdragon 8 in initial commentary to the level of fact would lead to shareholders feeling as @Fenris78 apparently does.

So here we are with all the rock solid known factual information having a debate about Snapdragon 8 when there is a global market of thousands of industrial players where AKIDA can be finding a place to dominate.

ARM has over 1,000 technology partners and 55 million engineers engaged with its platforms.

Edge Impulse with over 55,000 engineers on my it’s books proclaiming to them and the rest of the tech world that AKIDA is the stuff of science fiction.

MegaChips filling its shareholder reports with Brainchip and AKIDA.

Prophesee saying their house of straw was instantly turned into double brick with DOUBLE GLAZED landscape windows upon the introduction of AKIDA magic.

ISL celebrating AKIDA neuromorphic computing and winning DARPA competitions.

Mercedes Benz embracing AKIDA neuromorphic computing.

And now with much more than this short list we are having a pointless discussion about Snapdragon 8.

If you want to look at Qualcomm’s track record on claims about Snapdragon in the past many times before it has made bold claims only to fall well short.

If anyone wants to know if Qualcomm and Snapdragon 8 have crossed the huge technology gap to AKIDA and are shareholders send a polite email to Tony Dawe at Brainchip Investor Relations or you could take the word of an anonymous old technophobe on social media who has absolutely no idea that it is yet another crock of technology sh-te making performance claims so far from the science fiction levels of AKIDA it is not even worthy of serving at AKIDA’s table let alone being given a seat.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Did I ever mention what capturing one tiny percent of the 70 billion Edge market will be worth by 2025.

Did I mention what capturing one eighth of one percent of the GPU market will be worth by 2028.

Finally did anyone official from Brainchip ever suggest that AKIDA
IP would grace Snapdragon 8.

NO apart from a few over enthusiastic posters it has never been suggested officially or unofficially by anyone employed by Brainchip that Snapdragon 8 was a thing to keep fingers crossed about.

If you are going to worry about this then you might as well worry about every other company that has not been mentioned by Brainchip.

It is one thing to have genuine concerns about something the company has stated and failed to deliver but this is not a genuine debate.

Why are we not worried about Warren Buffet electing to buy shares in TSMC when he could have bought Brainchip?

Why are we not worried about Tesla not throwing away the technology it has spent billions upon billions developing and implementing 100 AKIDA 1000 chips.

This debate makes as much sense as two drunks getting into a punch up over whether if aliens invaded Earth they would use death rays or lasers to destroy humanity.

It is a completely fake manufactured argument like the one you have with your children when they are getting to the age where they are questioning if Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny exist.

A PAIR OF RECENT FACTS:

1. Published that Nvidia is the global leader in Artificial Intelligence by a country mile.

2. Published by Edge Impulse that AKIDA running at 300 megahertz out performs Nvidia GPU running at 900 megahertz.

3. Unpublished fact that Qualcomm has an entry in this race because it does not.

4. The Snapdragon NPU at 4nm has achieved a 60% performance gain over its earlier iterations.

5. At 28nm AKIDA is the stuff of science fiction and at 4nm it would be off the planet.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users
Top Bottom