BRN Discussion Ongoing

🤣 That couch looks like it belongs in a crack house.
Some nostalgia while I'm sitting here eating 3 poorly made pizzas.
IMG_20221119_013305.jpg

Australia's first ATM later to be converted into pizza ovens.
Screenshot_20221119-014017-109.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-013018.png
    Screenshot_20221119-013018.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So they can't use MetaTF to convert into digital?

Yeah I read that bit. What's the significance of Sony being included?
Hi Proga,

Qualcomm has their own analog SNN so, in that sense, Akida would only be duplicating the function of the Qualcomm SNN.

There is a parallel discussion on this thread about Sony/Prophesee

https://www.prophesee.ai/2021/09/09/sony-event-based-vision-sensors-prophesee-co-development/

Atsugi, Japan — Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation (“Sony”) today announced the upcoming release of two types of stacked event-based vision sensors. These sensors designed for industrial equipment are capable of detecting only subject changes, and achieve the industry’s smallest*1 pixel size of 4.86μm.

These two sensors were made possible through a collaboration between Sony and Prophesee, by combining Sony’s CMOS image sensor technology with Prophesee’s unique event-based vision sensing technology. This enables high-speed, high-precision data acquisition and contributes to improve the productivity of the industrial equipment.

But the BrainChip/Prophesee engagement is much more recent,

https://www.prophesee.ai/2022/06/20/brainchip-partners-with-prophesee/

Laguna Hills, Calif. – June 14, 2022 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, and Prophesee, the inventor of the world’s most advanced neuromorphic vision systems, today announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.

Since the Sony commitment to Snapdragon 8 gen 2 has been announced, then, assuming there is a binding contract, Sony could be stuck with Qualcomm AI for the term of the contract. Snapdragon 8 gen 2 is a chipset, so is not sold as IP

https://pocketnow.com/snapdragon-8-gen-2-phones/

The new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 will debut on these phones​

Qualcomm unveiled its Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor recently, and OEMs are ready to release their devices based on the new flagship chipset.
BYSANUJ BHATIA
PUBLISHED 1 DAY AGO

“The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform will define a new standard for connected computing, intelligently engineered with groundbreaking AI across the board to enable extraordinary experiences. This new mobile platform will be adopted by global OEMs and brands including ASUS Republic of Gamers, HONOR, iQOO, Motorola, nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, REDMAGIC, Redmi, SHARP, Sony Corporation, vivo, Xiaomi, XINGJI/MEIZU, and ZTE, with the first commercial devices expected by the end of 2022.”

Since the Sony commitment to Snapdragon 8 gen 2 has been announced, then, assuming there is a binding contract, Sony could be stuck with Qualcomm AI for the term of the contract. Snapdragon 8 gen 2 is a chipset, so is not sold as IP.

Of course, this may be contingent on the outcome of the ARM/Qualcomm litigation.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/15/qualcomm_snapdragon_8_gen_2/?td=readmore

Qualcomm pushes latest Arm-powered Snapdragon chip amid bitter license fight​

The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 system-on-chip features eight off-the-shelf cores from Arm, which is locked in a bitter legal fight with Qualcomm over licenses and contracts.
This includes an AI acceleration engine that is, we're told, up to 4.35 times faster than the previous generation, and with a potential 60 percent increase in performance-per-watt, depending on how it's used. This unit can be used to speed up machine-learning tasks on the device without any outside help, such as object recognition, and real-time spoken language translation and transcription. The dual-processor engine can handle as low as INT4 precision for AI models that don't need a lot of precision but do need it done fast on battery power, which the 4-bit integer format can afford developers, according to Qualcomm.

Qualcomm is pushing the INT4 capabilities as a precision ideal for modern mobile apps. It said a cross-platform Qualcomm AI Studio is due to be made available in preview form in the first half of next year that will optimize developers' models for this precision as well as other formats. This studio looks like a typical IDE in which programmers can organize their training workflows.
The SoC supports up to 200MP image capture and 8K HDR video capture in 10-bit HDR, according to the specifications. Qualcomm said it worked with Samsung and Sony to develop large sensors that the 8 Gen 2 can handle. There are direct paths in the chip that link the Hexagon AI engines to, say, the image-processing units so that pictures and video can be manipulated more efficiently.

The processor, according to Qualcomm, can also be made to reduce the amount of data read and written during neural network inference – which saves power – by breaking input data into not just tiles as other chipsets do, but micro tiles that apparently do a better job of cutting down information transfer.

On the plus side, if Sony/Prophesee had been working with Snapdragon 8 gen 2, then Prophesee's recent endorsement of Akida speaks volumes for the comparative performance of Akida and Snapdragon 8 gen 2's AI analog SNN.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

charles2

Regular
Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) to be sentenced today and faces up to 20 years plus fines and restitution. Perhaps if she had had access to AKIDA her blood testing scam wouldn't have been a scam.

Bad timing on her part.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

The Pope

Regular
Yeah. It's just you. Everyone else knows how hard it is to do research. Try it, and you'll find out for yourself. Go on. You can do it!
Yes I have done that if you read my post earlier this week when WSU suggested they have only heard on BRN. I quick game of join the dots via a google search and bingo, the presenters knew a lot more then what they told white horse when he attended a presentation by WSU presenters on neuromorphic. So yes I can do it. Lol

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Dallas

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Dallas

Regular
The EINC research building is officially handed over to its intended purpose - Heidelberg scientists are working on and with novel computer technologies at the European Institute for Neuromorphic Computing

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Yeah. It's just you. Everyone else knows how hard it is to do research. Try it, and you'll find out for yourself. Go on. You can do it!
I think you misinterpreted the question Prnewy was asking.
It was posted with respect. Maybe apply the same respect when you next respond.
The post posed a good question to FF and FF respectfully answered.
@prnewy74 good question. I’d love to get an invite to the corporate spa 😂

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just a quick poll. 💈
Do you routinely trawl US gov websites in search of a new sbir associated with brn and how frequently.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

Just a quick poll. 💈
Do you routinely trawl US gov websites in search of a new sbir associated with brn and how frequently.
Not for a few weeks, but now you mention it I’ll brb.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Apologies if posted before.

Related to Carnegie Mellon university.

That gentlemen's LinkedIn profile. https://www.linkedin.com/in/pathak22
Worth keeping tabs on.
His name is Deepak Pathak also worth doing a search on Google if he has written any papers or comments regarding our tech.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Foxdog

Regular
I am as close to Brainchip as you or any other shareholder could be if they put in the effort to ask respectful questions and not be abusive when offering criticism.

What is a respectful question? It is one which would not require the person to give an answer they are not entitled to give.

So I never ask questions like is Siemens a customer of Brainchip because asking that question is insulting the honesty and integrity of the Brainchip employee.

I always communicate with the company by email so there is a written record of my communications and the replies I receive.

The knowledge I have is available to every shareholder provided they take the time to do the research.

I know I have an advantage over a lot of shareholders as I have a developed memory for narrative and the ability to read/scan large amounts of material quite quickly.

I cannot speak for the others that you have concerns about but I doubt from my interaction with the company if any other shareholder has knowledge which would amount to insider information.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
So when's our next announcement coming FF? 😉

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Love
Cheers for the reply Sly I've kinda given up on trying to value companies. One thing I have noticed is everything gets way overvalued at some stages. It does not matter what we personally think what true value is because market will decide that for us. Missed plenty of huge gains to cash in on because my perceived value of a stock at time was completely wrong.( <Insert greed) for good measure.
I'll have to take a captain cook at wbt for a possible small parcel.
@FabricatedLunacy yes as @Slymeat explained.

Once again offering free removals of unwanted couches or washing machines.
Please call :01234567890
Thanks @Rise from the ashes! SP is indeed a funny beast. Until we see revenue and or major announcements we all keep (to some e extend) speculating on the company valuation and the potential SP. I’m sure it will come and that we will see an exponential growth in next 2-5 years. Not worried, I just keep piling on my monthly parcels.

Cheers from the Berra.

• Haha

TopCat

Regular
Apologies if posted before.

Related to Carnegie Mellon university.

That gentlemen's LinkedIn profile. https://www.linkedin.com/in/pathak22
Worth keeping tabs on.
His name is Deepak Pathak also worth doing a search on Google if he has written any papers or comments regarding our tech.

Hi RFTA, I liked the look of this as well but I’ve just come across the paper for it and to me it appears they are not using Akida although I’d like to be corrected

C.2 Hardware
We use the Unitree A1 robot pictured in Figure 2 of the main paper. The robot has 12 actuated joints, 3 per leg at hip, thigh and calf joints. The robot has a front-facing Intel RealSense depth camera in its head. TThe compute consists of a small GPU (Jetson NX) capable of ≈0.8 TFLOPS and an UPboard with Intel Quad Core Atom X5-8350 containing 4GB ram and 1.92GHz clock speed. The UPboard and Jetson are on the same local network. Since depth processing is an expensive operation we run the convolutional backbone on the Jetson’s GPU and send the depth latent over a UDP socket to the UPboard which runs the base policy. The policy operates at 50Hz and sends joint position commands which are converted to torques by a low-level PD controller running at 400Hz with stiffness Kp = 40 and damping Kd = 0.5.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hi RFTA, I liked the look of this as well but I’ve just come across the paper for it and to me it appears they are not using Akida although I’d like to be corrected

C.2 Hardware
We use the Unitree A1 robot pictured in Figure 2 of the main paper. The robot has 12 actuated joints, 3 per leg at hip, thigh and calf joints. The robot has a front-facing Intel RealSense depth camera in its head. TThe compute consists of a small GPU (Jetson NX) capable of ≈0.8 TFLOPS and an UPboard with Intel Quad Core Atom X5-8350 containing 4GB ram and 1.92GHz clock speed. The UPboard and Jetson are on the same local network. Since depth processing is an expensive operation we run the convolutional backbone on the Jetson’s GPU and send the depth latent over a UDP socket to the UPboard which runs the base policy. The policy operates at 50Hz and sends joint position commands which are converted to torques by a low-level PD controller running at 400Hz with stiffness Kp = 40 and damping Kd = 0.5.
Thanks for that. I'll keep hunting and prodding and see what I can come up with.

Reactions: 3 users
If AKIDA is Science Fiction then:

“Mercedes-Benz collaborates with Avatar: The Way of Water from 20th Century Studios​

Nov 18, 2022
Stuttgart/Los Angeles

Press Contact (2)

• Global co-promotion campaignstarts today ahead of movie’s global release in theatres in December. Key message: “Earth is our Pandora”
  • Strategic brand collaboration with focus on sustainability, respect and community that unite the film’s message and Mercedes‑Benz’s own journey to a fully electric future
  • All-electric vehicles as well as advanced digital and autonomous technology depict the journey to the Mercedes‑Benz art of creating desire
Mercedes-Benz is entering the next phase of its strategic brand collaboration with Avatar: The Way of Water and 20th Century Studios that aims to embed themes such as sustainability, mobility of the future, technology and innovation within an emotional brand experience. Today marks the start of a global co-promotion campaign for the much-anticipated movie Avatar: The Way of Water from 20th Century Studios which opens in theatres on December 16. Building upon the campaign idea of “Earth is our Pandora”, the messaging focuses on responsibility to our planet – reinforcing the central Mercedes‑Benz corporate messaging “Every action counts. Join our journey to a fully electric future.” Exclusive film footage shows Avatar: The Way of Water’s vibrant environmental imagery and locations on earth to evoke a dreamlike sense of otherworldliness. Campaign assets such as the TVCdepict fully electric vehicles from Mercedes‑EQ including the new EQE SUV. The campaign will play out across key Mercedes-Benz markets worldwide, with assets covering TV, cinema, digital and social media. Co-promotional campaign assets are available in 30, 20, 15 and 10-second lengths. The co-promotion campaign completes a circle which debuted with the VISION AVTR concept vehicle, which was inspired by the world of AVATAR.
“AVATAR is one of the most successful film franchises in the world with a message that is also central to the Mercedes ethos and the targets set out in our ‘Ambition 2039’. We share the belief that we need a more respectful approach to nature and that we must conserve its resources. This co-promotion with Avatar: The Way of Water is part of our journey as a company, and we salute the narrative of the AVATAR story on the need to strike a balance between environmental, economic and social interests. It is a source of inspiration as we pursue our sustainable business strategy,” says Ola Källenius, Chief Executive Officer of Mercedes‑Benz Group AG. Learn more about ‘Ambition 2039’ and Sustainability at Mercedes‑Benz here.
“We are thrilled about our global collaboration with Mercedes‑Benz in celebration of Avatar: The Way of Water”, said Jon Landau, producer of the film. “This campaign extends the storytelling of the VISION AVTR, which was inspired by the Avatar franchise and designed in a partnership between our team at Lightstorm Entertainment and the visionary designers at Mercedes‑Benz.” James Cameron, director, writer and producer of Avatar: The Way of Water, shared, “Together with Mercedes‑Benz, we have created a campaign grounded in the storytelling of the world of Pandora that further showcases our shared values of community, respect for the world we live in and sustainability. We look forward to seeing this campaign come to life and sharing our new film with fans around the world.”
The Mercedes‑Benz fleet will be electric-only by 2030, wherever market conditions allow. Its portfolio now encompasses eight battery-electric vehicles: the EQA, EQB, EQC, EQE, EQE SUV, EQS, EQS SUV and EQV. Added to that are the EQE, EQE SUV and EQS performance models from Mercedes‑AMG, meaning the company already offers an all-electric model in every segment in which it is represented. Mercedes‑EQ models and visionary concept cars tell the story of what can be achieved now and in future through innovation, teamwork and a shared determination to preserve resources. The VISION EQXX research vehicle, unveiled at the start of the year, offers a tangible and completely realistic way forward for electric vehicle technology and the sustainability of the future. Meanwhile, the VISION AVTR concept vehicle presented at CES 2020 in Las Vegas embodies the vision of Mercedes‑Benz designers, engineers and trend researchers for mobility in the distant future.
“By highlighting the fusion of bionic design and technology, the campaign messaging aims to strengthen the importance of the coming together and co-existence of humankind and nature,” says Bettina Fetzer, Vice President Communications and Marketing of Mercedes‑Benz AG. “The co-promotion campaign starting today is another milestone in the collaboration between Mercedes‑Benz and the creators of Avatar: The Way of Water and to-date the most extensive brand collaboration between Mercedes‑Benz AG and a film”, Bettina Fetzer added.

VISION AVTR – inspired by AVATAR​

The Mercedes‑Benz VISION AVTR is the result of an extraordinary global collaboration between AVATAR, one of the most innovative film brands in the entertainment industry, and Mercedes‑Benz, the world’s eighth most valuable brand (according to Interbrand Ranking 2022). The name of the ground-breaking concept vehicle stands for ADVANCED VEHICLE TRANSFORMATION. The biometric connection in the autonomous concept vehicle enables a completely new interaction between man, machine and nature.
Its taut “one-bow” lines and organic design language combine exterior and interior into an emotional whole. Sustainable materials such as vegan DINAMICA® leather made from recycled materials, fast-growing Karuun® (rattan) that can only thrive in biodiversity, and organic, compostable battery technology create a closed-loop economy. Thirty-three bionic flaps on the back of the vehicle can communicate with the outside world – with and through the driver – using naturally flowing movements in subtle gestures. Instead of a conventional steering wheel, the VISION AVTR has a multifunctional control element in the centre console. When passengers place their hand on the control, the interior comes to life and the vehicle recognises them by their heart rate. When the user simply raises their hand, the intelligent system projects a menu selection onto the palm, allowing the user to choose intuitively between different functionalities.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Thanks @Rise from the ashes! SP is indeed a funny beast. Until we see revenue and or major announcements we all keep (to some e extend) speculating on the company valuation and the potential SP. I’m sure it will come and that we will see an exponential growth in next 2-5 years. Not worried, I just keep piling on my monthly parcels.

Cheers from the Berra.
Yes it's great holders have a chance to top up their holding at what I think is a reasonable price.
I agree no need to be worried just more patience. Hehe I've been patient since 2015.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Thanks for that. I'll keep hunting and prodding and see what I can come up with.
AKIDA 2.0 a chip that thinks ahead like you could resolve the problem their walking system has:

“6 Discussion and Limitations
In this work, we show an end-to-end approach to walking with egocentric depth that can traverse a large variety of terrains including stairs, gaps and stepping stones. However, there can be certain instances where the robot fails because of a visual or terrain mismatch between the simulation and the real world. The only solution to this problem under the current paradigm is to engineer the situation back into simulation and retrain. This poses a fundamental limitation to this approach and in future, we would like to leverage the data collected in the real world to continue improving both the visual and the motor performance.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Foxdog

Regular
If AKIDA is Science Fiction then:

“Mercedes-Benz collaborates with Avatar: The Way of Water from 20th Century Studios​

Nov 18, 2022
Stuttgart/Los Angeles

Press Contact (2)

• Global co-promotion campaignstarts today ahead of movie’s global release in theatres in December. Key message: “Earth is our Pandora”
  • Strategic brand collaboration with focus on sustainability, respect and community that unite the film’s message and Mercedes‑Benz’s own journey to a fully electric future
  • All-electric vehicles as well as advanced digital and autonomous technology depict the journey to the Mercedes‑Benz art of creating desire
Mercedes-Benz is entering the next phase of its strategic brand collaboration with Avatar: The Way of Water and 20th Century Studios that aims to embed themes such as sustainability, mobility of the future, technology and innovation within an emotional brand experience. Today marks the start of a global co-promotion campaign for the much-anticipated movie Avatar: The Way of Water from 20th Century Studios which opens in theatres on December 16. Building upon the campaign idea of “Earth is our Pandora”, the messaging focuses on responsibility to our planet – reinforcing the central Mercedes‑Benz corporate messaging “Every action counts. Join our journey to a fully electric future.” Exclusive film footage shows Avatar: The Way of Water’s vibrant environmental imagery and locations on earth to evoke a dreamlike sense of otherworldliness. Campaign assets such as the TVCdepict fully electric vehicles from Mercedes‑EQ including the new EQE SUV. The campaign will play out across key Mercedes-Benz markets worldwide, with assets covering TV, cinema, digital and social media. Co-promotional campaign assets are available in 30, 20, 15 and 10-second lengths. The co-promotion campaign completes a circle which debuted with the VISION AVTR concept vehicle, which was inspired by the world of AVATAR.
“AVATAR is one of the most successful film franchises in the world with a message that is also central to the Mercedes ethos and the targets set out in our ‘Ambition 2039’. We share the belief that we need a more respectful approach to nature and that we must conserve its resources. This co-promotion with Avatar: The Way of Water is part of our journey as a company, and we salute the narrative of the AVATAR story on the need to strike a balance between environmental, economic and social interests. It is a source of inspiration as we pursue our sustainable business strategy,” says Ola Källenius, Chief Executive Officer of Mercedes‑Benz Group AG. Learn more about ‘Ambition 2039’ and Sustainability at Mercedes‑Benz here.
“We are thrilled about our global collaboration with Mercedes‑Benz in celebration of Avatar: The Way of Water”, said Jon Landau, producer of the film. “This campaign extends the storytelling of the VISION AVTR, which was inspired by the Avatar franchise and designed in a partnership between our team at Lightstorm Entertainment and the visionary designers at Mercedes‑Benz.” James Cameron, director, writer and producer of Avatar: The Way of Water, shared, “Together with Mercedes‑Benz, we have created a campaign grounded in the storytelling of the world of Pandora that further showcases our shared values of community, respect for the world we live in and sustainability. We look forward to seeing this campaign come to life and sharing our new film with fans around the world.”
The Mercedes‑Benz fleet will be electric-only by 2030, wherever market conditions allow. Its portfolio now encompasses eight battery-electric vehicles: the EQA, EQB, EQC, EQE, EQE SUV, EQS, EQS SUV and EQV. Added to that are the EQE, EQE SUV and EQS performance models from Mercedes‑AMG, meaning the company already offers an all-electric model in every segment in which it is represented. Mercedes‑EQ models and visionary concept cars tell the story of what can be achieved now and in future through innovation, teamwork and a shared determination to preserve resources. The VISION EQXX research vehicle, unveiled at the start of the year, offers a tangible and completely realistic way forward for electric vehicle technology and the sustainability of the future. Meanwhile, the VISION AVTR concept vehicle presented at CES 2020 in Las Vegas embodies the vision of Mercedes‑Benz designers, engineers and trend researchers for mobility in the distant future.
“By highlighting the fusion of bionic design and technology, the campaign messaging aims to strengthen the importance of the coming together and co-existence of humankind and nature,” says Bettina Fetzer, Vice President Communications and Marketing of Mercedes‑Benz AG. “The co-promotion campaign starting today is another milestone in the collaboration between Mercedes‑Benz and the creators of Avatar: The Way of Water and to-date the most extensive brand collaboration between Mercedes‑Benz AG and a film”, Bettina Fetzer added.

VISION AVTR – inspired by AVATAR​

The Mercedes‑Benz VISION AVTR is the result of an extraordinary global collaboration between AVATAR, one of the most innovative film brands in the entertainment industry, and Mercedes‑Benz, the world’s eighth most valuable brand (according to Interbrand Ranking 2022). The name of the ground-breaking concept vehicle stands for ADVANCED VEHICLE TRANSFORMATION. The biometric connection in the autonomous concept vehicle enables a completely new interaction between man, machine and nature.
Its taut “one-bow” lines and organic design language combine exterior and interior into an emotional whole. Sustainable materials such as vegan DINAMICA® leather made from recycled materials, fast-growing Karuun® (rattan) that can only thrive in biodiversity, and organic, compostable battery technology create a closed-loop economy. Thirty-three bionic flaps on the back of the vehicle can communicate with the outside world – with and through the driver – using naturally flowing movements in subtle gestures. Instead of a conventional steering wheel, the VISION AVTR has a multifunctional control element in the centre console. When passengers place their hand on the control, the interior comes to life and the vehicle recognises them by their heart rate. When the user simply raises their hand, the intelligent system projects a menu selection onto the palm, allowing the user to choose intuitively between different functionalities.”
Well Merc have already announced collaboration with BRN and use of AKIDA so one might expect further confirmation with the release of the VISION AVTR......pretty good way to get the name out there......would be a nice Christmas present 🙏🤞

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom