BRN Discussion Ongoing

RobjHunt

Regular
PROPHESEE
PROPHESEE6.924 Follower:innen1 Std. • vor 1 Stunde

[COMMUNITY] World’s First Neuromorphic In-Cabin Sensing System 🚗

The most subtle facial cues can be lifesavers on the road. Check out the world’s first neuromorphic driver monitoring system (DMS) from DTS by Xperi Inc., powered by Prophesee Event-Based #Metavision® sensor.

DTS developed a DMS solution that senses if the driver is drowsy or inattentive, by detecting fast and fleeting cues such as the driver’s gaze or eye blink rate.

Since the Event-Based Metavision #sensor only captures changes pixel by pixel and not images, the user’s #privacy is preserved.

By taking advantage of the rich temporal information and high dynamic range provided by event-based vision sensing, the system achieves greater accuracies on saccadic motion of the eye, extremely accurate eyelid movement, pupil analytics, very precise eye closing intervals and much more.

Head over to our Inventor’s Community to learn more 👉
Great find @Sirod69. Thank you for highlighting this.

Take it away Big Kev! ;)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Damo4

Regular

After a quick google, the avg blink time for a human is 1/3 of a second so lets round up and say 350ms.
10,000 FPS using Sony's event based sensor means that could detect sleep/microsleep in under 1 second, and that's not even including all of the other complimentary facial/body clues that could detect patterns prior to the first microsleep.

Imagine the car warning you prior to sleep to pull over. (more importantly the application in mining equipment)
The car could also use the already available lidar/radar systems to resume control of the vehicle if they are unable to prevent the human from losing control.

I haven't read into it, but do people think this could also be utilised to prevent accident based on medical conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, seizures and other unpreventable events that can cause a driver to lose control?
I imagine they could have the car slow to a stop on the side of the road and even call an ambulance using trained Neurolinguistics models

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Strange to hear factfinder becoming negative on brainchip, or am I reading this wrongly? A spot disconcerting

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

jtardif999

Regular
Morning from west europe to all.

In perspective from yesterdays presentation of the snapdragon 8 gen 2 my conclusion until now is, that Akida IP is not included because of the energy savings told yesterday. As I learned from @TECH, Akida IP energyconsumption deals between 1/1000-1/1.000.000 Watt. If Akida IP would be in this new version of snapdragon, I think the energy savings would be much higher. Maybe qualcomm needs a lot of time to realize that?
So I have to wait for more exciting news than yesterday.
I agree, the percentages of improvement quoted by Qualcomm were mostly in the range of < 100% which as Sean stated at the AGM is not likely the kind of improvement one would obtain if Akida were involved - not in the orders of magnitude. Whilst Qualcomms presentation was impressive it smelled to me like the are squeezing the Von Neumann rag completely dry. AIMO.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Further to this post I have found the following which casts doubt on the significance of these names being mentioned:

Hi @Fact Finder,

Yes, and I also think its very interesting that all three of these companies are listed in the EDA Alliance as current partners of Intel Foundry Services (IFS) Accelerator ECOSYSTEM.

EDA = Electronic Design Automation (EDA) suppliers.

Just a happy co-incidence I guess. 🤡

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 9.43.49 am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Strange to hear factfinder becoming negative on brainchip, or am I reading this wrongly? A spot disconcerting
His account has been taken over by shareman 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Quercuskid

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
One of the things experience teaches is that when you go pig shooting it is very dangerous to shoot at every movement in the undergrowth.

If you do you are likely to end up shooting your dog or worse still one of your drunk mates who was crawling around looking for his shot gun cartridges that fell out of his pocket.

While I am great fan of dot joining as it has and will lead to great reveals such as NASA has been there is an increasing tendency to elevate the first dot to fact immediately without any research.

This approach does no one any good. It just frays emotions by constantly creating false expectations and let downs over and over again.

In the child’s game dot to dot one dot does not make a picture of a panda or any other cute animal it is just a dot.

To work and reveal an animal every dot needs to be found and joined up in the correct order.

So if you want to see this as being negative so be it but one dot is not a fact.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

VictorG

One of the things experience teaches is that when you go pig shooting it is very dangerous to shoot at every movement in the undergrowth.

If you do you are likely to end up shooting your dog or worse still one of your drunk mates who was crawling around looking for his shot gun cartridges that fell out of his pocket.

While I am great fan of dot joining as it has and will lead to great reveals such as NASA has been there is an increasing tendency to elevate the first dot to fact immediately without any research.

This approach does no one any good. It just frays emotions by constantly creating false expectations and let downs over and over again.

In the child’s game dot to dot one dot does not make a picture of a panda or any other cute animal it is just a dot.

To work and reveal an animal every dot needs to be found and joined up in the correct order.

So if you want to see this as being negative so be it but one dot is not a fact.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
••• - - - •••

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

We're all a bit dotty I'm afraid. 🥴

a6946138215305.5767d01c1b3c4.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Hi @Fact Finder,

Yes, and I also think its very interesting that all three of these companies are listed in the EDA Alliance as current partners of Intel Foundry Services (IFS) Accelerator ECOSYSTEM.

EDA = Electronic Design Automation (EDA) suppliers.

Just a happy co-incidence I guess. 🤡

View attachment 22299
However, if just a nothing to see here, move along, can be explained away easily, why would the company amend the job ad so quick after no doubt being alerted to its discovery.

To those that follow the story, that do the research and dot joining the info is out there and seen and screenshot.

For thos that don't, would they care if it's in the job description?

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

RobjHunt

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

Some interesting news out today about SoundHound.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.18.59 am.png

Launch of SoundHound Dynamic Interaction Marks Groundbreaking New Era for Human-Computer Interaction​

11/17/2022 | 09:15am EST

Voice AI category leader unveils new approach, reimagines speech technology for customer service and restaurant use cases

SoundHound AI, Inc. (Nasdaq: SOUN) (“SoundHound”), a global leader in voice artificial intelligence, today introduced Dynamic Interaction™, a category-level breakthrough in conversational AI that raises the bar for human-computer interaction by not only recognizing and understanding speech, but also responding and acting in real-time.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221117005459/en/
Dynamic Interaction is a category-level breakthrough in conversational AI (Photo: Business Wire)

Dynamic Interaction is a category-level breakthrough in conversational AI (Photo: Business Wire)

WATCH: Dynamic Interaction Restaurant Food Ordering Demo
Where existing voice technology requires wake words and relies on turn-taking with awkward pauses to process requests, Dynamic Interaction uses the twin technologies of fragment parsing – which breaks speech down to partial-utterances and processes them in real-time – and full-duplex audio-visual integration to create an instantaneous, next-generation experience.
In customer service settings, like ordering food at a restaurant, this means that users won’t have to speak in a slow or unnatural way in order to be understood. They can communicate just as if they were talking to a human, receive instant responses, and customize and edit a food order “live” as they go.
Dynamic Interaction:
  • Instantly follows and captures fluent speech in real-time – no awkward pauses or “turn-taking” as with some other assistants.
  • Completely ignores off-topic speech – only responding to domain-specific topics, like the items on a menu.
  • Multimodal, continuous feedback confirms requests via audio and visuals “live” as the customer engages with a device or service – gives firm reassurance that an order or request has been understood accurately
  • Allows users to change, adapt, and delete requests in real-time – food orders can be customized and changed using natural human speech
  • Makes proactive suggestions to the user based on a real-time interpretation of the user's speech – like a dessert menu popping up onscreen when a customer says “for dessert I’ll have…”
  • Users can input information via voice and touch interface interchangeably and simultaneously
  • Assistant responds with audio and visual output, and intelligently decides when to speak to the user versus simply updating the visual output
This new technology has broad applicability to many industries, especially across customer service and employee productivity use cases. For the restaurant industry in particular, which is facing unprecedented staffing challenges, the need to automate and gain efficiencies is particularly relevant. As its first test ground, Dynamic Interaction will offer restaurants smart, accurate support for voice ordering at drive-thrus, kiosks, and via smartphone, tablet, and desktop ordering platforms.
This first-of-its-kind system promises to revolutionize and simplify the customer experience, giving restaurants and other service industries the confidence to scale voice AI more broadly.
“As the Dynamic Interaction demo shows, this technology is incredibly user-friendly and precise. Consumers won’t have to modify how they speak to the voice assistant to get a useful response – they can just speak as naturally as they would to a human. As an added bonus they’ll also have the means to instantly know and edit registered requests,” says Keyvan Mohajer, Co-Founder and CEO of SoundHound. “In our 17 year history of developing cutting-edge voice AI, this is perhaps the most important technical leap forward. We believe, just like how Apple's multi-touch technology leapfrogged touch interfaces in 2009, this is a significant disruption in human-computer interfaces.”
Dynamic Interaction can be used anywhere a business might interact with a customer. For restaurants, this could be a drive thru, a kiosk, a smartphone, laptop, or even over the phone, where Dynamic Interaction can give smart, instant verbal and visual interactions.
You can learn more about this breakthrough technology on the SoundHound website.
About SoundHound
SoundHound (Nasdaq: SOUN), a leading innovator of conversational intelligence, offers an independent voice AI platform that enables businesses across industries to deliver best-in-class conversational experiences to their customers. Built on proprietary Speech-to-Meaning® and Deep Meaning Understanding® technologies, SoundHound’s advanced voice AI platform provides exceptional speed and accuracy and enables humans to interact with products and services like they interact with each other—by speaking naturally. SoundHound is trusted by companies around the globe, including Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, Pandora, Qualcomm, Netflix, Snap, Square, LG, VIZIO, KIA, and Stellantis. www.soundhound.com

View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221117005459/en/

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Bravo

Speaking of Siemens, remember this one!

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.43.36 am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
However, if just a nothing to see here, move along, can be explained away easily, why would the company amend the job ad so quick after no doubt being alerted to its discovery.

To those that follow the story, that do the research and dot joining the info is out there and seen and screenshot.

For thos that don't, would they care if it's in the job description?
I never said that. My response was to the first reaction of another poster who stated do we even need an announcement.

The fact that you can ask ‘why’ is what I am talking about.

When the ‘why’ is answered then it will become a fact and not before.

You I am sure have read new posters say things like “I thought we were working with “X” what happened to that deal?”

They are asking the question because they read a couple of early posts claiming the definite which was a few posts further on no longer a definite.

All the rubbish about Samsung Snapdragon 8 was just that rubbish. Anyone who has been researching Samsung over the last several months knew that, even this old technophobe knew it, but so many posts were claiming it as definite ignoring all the facts showing it could not possibly be in this model.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Adam

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

jtardif999

Regular
Absolutely!! Robj.... normally we will just see the 'job description' but this actually mentions the Companies Wow!
  • The role would include functional verification of the IP solution of Siemens/Synopsys/Cadence.
🚀🚀🚀
Very weird, was discussing these 3 companies with my wife and then did a search on their net worth by using Google to type the search. So I found the net worth for each Siemens and Synopsis as separate searches then to my surprise the ‘Cadence Net Worth’ string appeared on the search bar? Has Siri been listening to my conversation with my wife? Very weird. Anyway the networths of each totals more than 200 billion 😎

Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

Wouldn't it be great to team up with Siemens Mobility on their Sex Pest Removal Artificial Intelligence System (SPRAIS). BTW, that's not their name for the system, but I just thought it had a certain ring to it.

HIYA!!!Take that sex pests!

miss-piggy-gif.gif

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.48.18 am.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
I never said that. My response was to the first reaction of another poster who stated do we even need an announcement.

The fact that you can ask ‘why’ is what I am talking about.

When the ‘why’ is answered then it will become a fact and not before.

You I am sure have read new posters say things like “I thought we were working with “X” what happened to that deal?”

They are asking the question because they read a couple of early posts claiming the definite which was a few posts further on no longer a definite.

All the rubbish about Samsung Snapdragon 8 was just that rubbish. Anyone who has been researching Samsung over the last several months knew that, even this old technophobe knew it, but so many posts were claiming it as definite ignoring all the facts showing it could not possibly be in this model.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ummm ...I replied to Bravo's post not yours so not sure of the defensive posture as if I accused you of saying something.

Have never said it's a fact either, merely drew the inference that if not something in it somewhere, whether direct or indirect, why remove the offending statement so quickly.

Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom