BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Hi equanimous,

8 September 2022
".@NASA has tapped @SiFive (and @MicrochipTech) to create a space-centric RISC-V processor: the High-Performance Spaceflight Computing chip. At heart of the HPSC will be SiFive's X280 64-bit RISC-V cores, which include ML acceleration capabilities."

SiFive does have its own ML, but it is software-based:

https://www.sifive.com/cores/intelligence
SiFive Intelligence is an integrated software + hardware solution that addresses energy efficient inference applications. It starts with SiFive’s industry-leading RISC-V Core IP, adds RISC-V Vector (RVV) support, and then goes a step further with the inclusion of software tools and new SiFive Intelligence Extensions, vector operations specifically tuned for the acceleration of machine learning operations. These new instructions, integrated with a multi-core capable, Linux-capable, dual-issue microarchitecture, with up to 512b wide vectors, and bundled with TensorFlow Lite support, are well-suited for high-performance, low-power inference applications.

We've been friends with SiFive in public since April, so that's 5 months plus the clandestine (NDA) period which would add several months.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-sifive-partner-deploy-ai-ml-at-edge/
Laguna Hills, Calif. – April 5, 2022 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI chips and IP, and SiFive, Inc., the founder and leader of RISC-V computing, have combined their respective technologies to offer chip designers optimized AI/ML compute at the edge.

Hardware ML would be an optimization compared to software ML.

We are not listed among Microchip's AI/ML partners, but one of our friends is:

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/solutions/machine-learning/design-partners

Get Expert Help With Your AI/ML Design​

If you need assistance developing an Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML) project, we have partnered with industry-leading design companies to provide state-of-the art AI-based solutions and software tools that support our portfolio of silicon products. These partners have proven capabilities and are uniquely qualified to provide you with the support you need to successfully bring your innovative design to life.

Design PartnerLocationContact InfoApplication AreaFocus/StrengthFocus Microchip ProductsCustomer Prerequisites
edge-impulse.png
Edge ImpulseSan Jose, USAhello@edgeimpulse.comSmart Predictive Maintenance, Smart HMIDevelopment Software ToolkitArm Cortex-based 32-bit MCUs and MPUsAI solution developers
motion-gestures-logo.png
Motion GesturesWaterloo, Canadainfo@motiongestures.comSmart HMIGesture Recognition SolutionArm Cortex-based 32-bit MCUs and MPUsNo AI experience required
SensiML-Logo.png
SensiMLOregon, USAinfo@sensiml.com +1 (503) 567-1248Predictive Maintenance, Gesture Recognition, Process ControlSmall-Footprint, Low-Power Edge DevicesArm Cortex-based 32-bit MCUs and MPUsAI solutions developers

So. given we have known SiFive for more than 6 months, and given we are friends with Edge Impulse, and given the objective our partnership with SiFive of producing optimized AI/ML, and given NASA's penchant for energy efficiency and autonomous operation, you'd have to think that we have a reasonable chance of being involved.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

TopCat

Regular
Couldn’t find anything posted here before with a quick search, but has anybody seen this? Medical devices seem perfect for neuromorphic use. From the University of Chicago

It’s a brainy Band-Aid, a smart watch without the watch, and a leap forward for wearable health technologies. Researchers at the University of Chicago’s Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME) have developed a flexible, stretchable computing chip that processes information by mimicking the human brain. The device, described in the journal Matter, aims to change the way health data is processed.

Wang and his colleagues turned to polymers, which can be used to build semiconductors and electrochemical transistors but also have the ability to stretch and bend. They assembled polymers into a device that allowed the artificial-intelligence-based analysis of health data. Rather than work like a typical computer, the chip— called a neuromorphic computing chip—functions more like a human brain, able to both store and analyze data in an integrated way.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

GPU market size worldwide 2020-2028​

Published by
Thomas Alsop,
Oct 1, 2021
In 2020, the global graphics processing unit (GPU) market was valued at 25.41 billion U.S. dollars, with forecasts suggesting that by 2028 this is likely to rise to 246.51 billion U.S. dollars, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.82 percent from 2021 to 2028

Very interesting some might opine there has never been a single technology with the potential of AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
If Edge Impulse convinces the market that AKIDA should be used in one percent of the then GPU use cases in 2028 that would be $US2.465 billion.

If we scale that back to half of one percent it would still be $US1.232 billion.

If we scale that back even to one quarter of one percent then we would still have $US616 million.

And if we adopt an MF view and say only one eighth of one percent then we have $US308 million just from the GPU market.

Now why have I done these numbers because they highlight the idiocy of the ZAC prediction and those like it as even an old technophobe like me who is only half aware of the science fiction being brought to life by Brainchip knows that only a fool would think they can predict Brainchip’s future value without a full understanding of the potential market.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 83 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Fat is the best part of meat, it is where all the vitamins are and it adds so much flavour. One could say it is the "sly" part of the "meat". Why cut it off?

The theory that animal fat makes people fat or contributes to heart attacks has been debunked completely.

Animal fat, along with eggs, have long been taken off the naughty list.
That's right. What has changed in the last 100 years is the motor car. Until then everyone except the rich walked.

In Samuel Pepys Diary (circa 1650s) he tells the story of walking several miles across London for a meeting (stopping for his elevenses on the way including a couple of pints of beer and some chops (you couldn't drink the water because they hadn't invented sewers) (cost me 2/6)), only to find that the person whom he was supposed to meet was not there:

"I had wasted my labour.'

On the way back, he stopped for afternoon tea including a couple more pints (cost me 3/9).

Those who could afford it ate prodigious meals and:

"by horse to Epsom. Drank 7 pints of the water and had several good stools thereby."

Very matter of fact was Sam (except for the bit in code about the downstairs maid so Mrs Pepys wouldn't find out).

The Restoration (and the "leaky" boat), the plague, and the great fire also get passing references, as does the ICAC style inquiry into public "servants" seeking backhanders to perform their duties. Ripping yarn!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
I may, as is usual for me, just be missing sarcasm and answering to a rhetorical post. I can't see the expression on your face and so need to take what you say on face-less value, and hence believe you are being sincere.

That seems like a lot of work @Diogenese, does it have the ability to be tailored to the individual needs of the user, weight, height age, gender, etc.? And especially does it cater for people with chronic illness and allergies? Or is it just for yourself? I already have two, free, android apps that do that for me, so you may have wasted a lot of effort and time.

A lifestyle change to a restrictive diet could very well deplete essential nutrient. Of that there is now doubt. But interestingly, this is not the case for extended fasts. Plus an extended fast does have an end.

Even with an extended fast of more than say 7 days, you just need to make sure you get enough electrolytes - Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium. No vitamin supplements are needed, just these essential salts that cannot be replaced from stores in the body. And no, a 7 day fast is not excessive, our bodies thrive under that condition.

WRT wine—I enjoy a drink as with many of you. I could easily drink to excess, and drink every day, but chose not to. No matter how you look at it, alcohol is toxic to the liver and each regular glass of wine contains about 130cal. And all wines contain carbs. But in moderation, yes, most restrictive diets can handle a few glasses of wine. Type is important though. Best are dry varieties.

Certain spirits are better for carb counting, but potentially worse for the liver due to more alcohol. Zero carb, low cal beers are fine too. But even these do have calories. And hence can't be consumed on a fast—only water and black, unsweetened tea or coffee, and clear broths if you are desperate (such as bone broth).
Funny that you mentioned fasting because 2 days ago I said to my partner I want to fast on Friday to Sunday
Thanks for the information as well

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

GStocks123

Regular
A podcast worth listening to! Sailesh C from Renesas. Also mentions 6-9months their AIoT devices should hit the market.

24:20 has got me very curious 🤞

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Fat is the best part of meat, it is where all the vitamins are and it adds so much flavour. One could say it is the "sly" part of the "meat". Why cut it off?

The theory that animal fat makes people fat or contributes to heart attacks has been debunked completely.

Animal fat, along with eggs, have long been taken off the naughty list.
Mmm bread and dripping remind me of the broom houses in Germany 🇩🇪
Not to mention the great wine..

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hypothetical question. If another huge industry player announces they are incorporating Akida into their product and we have another run to $2.31, are you holding strong or taking some profit off the table?
Hold hold and hold more tighter

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TECH

Regular
Reactions: 9 users

TECH

Regular
Good evening, all

It's the close of 15 November 2022...as the sun finally sets in Perth, Brainchip HQ (my selfish opinion).

We only have 31 business days left in this year, can you believe it, or am I just getting old! for God's sake slow the days down!

I have a rather large hunch; it's going to be all quiet on the western front until around 27 January 2023, but don't despair, while our
share price is so low (my selfish opinion) it's a great time to buy, time to get my black balaclava out of the wardrobe again!

I feel like saying Merry Christmas, but that's just my stupid sense of humour again. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

skutza

Regular
Hypothetical question. If another huge industry player announces they are incorporating Akida into their product and we have another run to $2.31, are you holding strong or taking some profit off the table?
Me personally, I'll be holding. I will hold no matter what till 2025, then reasses. It will depend on all my other investments and what my broker recommends in my retirement. That is why its easy to hold, as I have a plan. All this, it's just noise and interest.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Has anyone looked in to Aeva? They have the worlds first 4D LiDAR.

Looks pretty impressive. No idea about power usage etc but it looks like they've achieved what no one else has been able to with LiDAR.

Industry Applications​

Designed for a wide variety of applications including level 3 and 4 autonomy for cars, trucks, people and goods mobility, as well as non-automotive applications including industrial automation, smart infrastructure and warehouse automation.

Edit:
The whole system fits on a single silicon chip. They've also partnered with NASA to map the surface of the moon.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Has anyone looked in to Aeva? They have the worlds first 4D LiDAR.

Looks pretty impressive. No idea about power usage etc but it looks like they've achieved what no one else has been able to with LiDAR.

Industry Applications​

Designed for a wide variety of applications including level 3 and 4 autonomy for cars, trucks, people and goods mobility, as well as non-automotive applications including industrial automation, smart infrastructure and warehouse automation.

They use a heterodyne technique to detect doppler shifts of moving objects.

They split the transmit beam and use one part to mix with the reflected beam (heterodyne) to determine the frequency/wavelength shift (doppler shift) of light reflected from the moving object. The doppler shift is a measure of the speed of the moving object. Combined with time-of-flight measurements, both the distance and speed of the object can be determined. The direction is determined by the location of the illuminated pixels.

US2022137216A1 TECHNIQUES FOR RANGE AND VELOCITY MEASUREMENTS IN A NON-DEGENERATE LIDAR SYSTEM

1668516794409.png

A light detection and ranging (LIDAR) system is provided that includes a first optical source and a second optical source configured to emit respectively a first optical beam and a second optical beam that are nondegenerate and are chirped antiphase and at least one tap configured to split each of the first optical beam and the second optical beam to generate a first local oscillator and a second local oscillator. The LIDAR system further includes lensing optics to direct the first and second optical beams toward a target and collect reflected light from the first optical beam and second optical beam incident upon the target into a return path, the reflected light being collected into a return optical beam comprising a first return signal and a second return signal, and a first optical detector and a second optical detector configured to detect a first beat frequency generated from by mixing the first return signal with the first local oscillator and a second beat frequency generated from mixing the second return signal with the second local oscillator.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
They use a heterodyne technique to detect doppler shifts of moving objects.

They split the transmit beam and use one part to mix with the reflected beam (heterodyne) to determine the frequency/wavelength shift (doppler shift) of light reflected from the moving object. The doppler shift is a measure of the speed of the moving object. Combined with time-of-flight measurements, both the distance and speed of the object can be determined. The direction is determined by the location of the illuminated pixels.

US2022137216A1 TECHNIQUES FOR RANGE AND VELOCITY MEASUREMENTS IN A NON-DEGENERATE LIDAR SYSTEM

View attachment 22090

A light detection and ranging (LIDAR) system is provided that includes a first optical source and a second optical source configured to emit respectively a first optical beam and a second optical beam that are nondegenerate and are chirped antiphase and at least one tap configured to split each of the first optical beam and the second optical beam to generate a first local oscillator and a second local oscillator. The LIDAR system further includes lensing optics to direct the first and second optical beams toward a target and collect reflected light from the first optical beam and second optical beam incident upon the target into a return path, the reflected light being collected into a return optical beam comprising a first return signal and a second return signal, and a first optical detector and a second optical detector configured to detect a first beat frequency generated from by mixing the first return signal with the first local oscillator and a second beat frequency generated from mixing the second return signal with the second local oscillator.
Thanks Dio, that's an interesting read!

(pretending to understand what I just read)

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Dio, that's an interesting read!

(pretending to understand what I just read)
Doppler: If a source of sound or light is approaching, then the wavelength is compressed by an amount proportional to the approach speed. Conversely, for a retreating source of sound/light, the wavelength is lengthened. The train whistle is used as an example.

Heterodyning involves subtracting from a received signal a signal with a frequency which is about the same as the received frequency. The resulting signal is the difference between the received reflected signal and the subtracted signal. In this case, because the transmitted signal frequency is the same as the subtracted signal, then the reflected signal differs from the transmitted/subtracted signal by the doppler shift frequency.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
The above quote comes from one of many articles in the following linked European Edition of EE Times:

EE Times Europe
https://www.eetimes.eu › ...PDF
EMC Filter Design at the Push of a Button - EE Times Europe
13 Sept 2022 — BrainChip sees its neuromorphic processor next to every sensor in a car. ... Mercedes used BrainChip's Akida…”

Some of the articles have been posted but this is a convenient all in one place link.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I stumbled upon this EE Times article from September 2022 via google and thought it would be worth sharing on TSEX.

Before sharing, I had a quick check to see if anyone else had shared it (via the search function) and it seems @Fact Finder beat me to the punch.

For those that haven't read the article, I'd highly recommend that you do.

Page 18 of the PDF - Cars That Think Like You.

3 pages of pure joy covering neuromorphic technology with a particular focus on Akida and the Mercedes EQXX concept vehicle.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

dippY22

Regular
Like the rest of you, I also enjoyed the Edge Impulse video. Who doesn't love to see a partner extolling the virtues of our company to a live audience of conference attendee's.

Yet, I am puzzled by a disconnect which I am fretting about, but believe is just me getting needlessly "wrapped around the axle" of inconsequential minutia.

In Sean Hehir's first AGM address he said that " ...the Semiconductor world is very aware of Brainchip after last week" (meaning after Brainchip's attendance at the Global Semiconductor Alliance Leadership Summit a week or so before the AGM}.

Why would the Edge Impulse speaker tell the audience that it is probable that none of them have ever heard of Brainchip? Or, more to my point, who were in his audience? I would have presumed they were part of the Semiconductor world,...that is afterall a big world.

So, with very little to fret about generally, I have picked this out of what was otherwise a few minute's of must see TV ( or video).

Yours, .... dippY

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users
That's why I hold a trading parcel to sell on those monster moves. I could hold a trading parcel for many months to sell. I Always have a core parcel so no tears would be shed if she keeps rocketing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
I have a niece who is an endo working in remote Australia with indigenous communities specifically trying to treat what can only be described as a diabetes pandemic. Such advances as this could immediately be put to good use.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'm surprised this was not posted today.
June Quarter Update, August 2020.
Lou dinardo.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom