BRN Discussion Ongoing

I'm surprised this was not posted today.
June Quarter Update, August 2020.
Lou dinardo.
For those who suffer the affliction of not being able to click a link and read here is a screenshot of some of the transcript.
Screenshot_20221116-025133.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
By combining hardware acceleration, a smart MEMS IMU, and an easy-to-use ML development platform, Alif Semiconductor, Bosch Sensortec GmbH, and Edge Impulse have dramatically simplified the creation of edge sensing applications that classify complex motions and identify gestures — offering a 40X performance boost over similar existing solutions. #electronicaFair

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

dippY22

Regular
Consumer Reports ranks Mercedes Benz least reliable of cars they ranked (around 20-25 models/brands) based on feedback from 300,000 +/- car owners, based mainly on software issues. Ouch.

Can someone help them turn that lemon report into lemonade in the future????

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Mmm bread and dripping remind me of the broom houses in Germany 🇩🇪
Not to mention the great wine..
I remember bread and dripping from my youth—the staple Monday lunch following the Sunday roast. But even better when cleaning the pan while still warm.

Left over fats used to be strained and retained, to be used to fry with later. That aspect of cooking has been lost today. Along with the flavour. Although I was happy to see a device advertised recently for doing precisely that. Maybe the circle has turned. Again!

The young’ns won‘t be able to relate to bread and dripping.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Fenris78

Regular
Well... I'm about to board a flight for work. I'm hoping by the time that I get off that this forum is alight with Qualcomm news, following the new Snapdragon launch? Wishful thinking yes... but looking through the Qualcomm thread on this forum alone.... Qualcomm's adoption of edge Ai, privacy improvements, self learning, Arm ecosystem partnerships... etc etc. For me, now is the time to start embedding Akida in phones, prior to vehicle systems in 2024. And if Akida is not being adopted... why not? All the likes between BRN and Qualcomm staff... seem like bread crumbs leading to this "Holy Grail?"

I'll continue to hold regardless... but if Qualcomm can achieve everything that sounds like brainchip (walks like a duck etc) - without Brainchip - then what does that mean for Brainchips future? Have we lost the 3 to 5 year technology lead?

Anyway... it's exciting to be a holder. GLTA.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Well... I'm about to board a flight for work. I'm hoping by the time that I get off that this forum is alight with Qualcomm news, following the new Snapdragon launch? Wishful thinking yes... but looking through the Qualcomm thread on this forum alone.... Qualcomm's adoption of edge Ai, privacy improvements, self learning, Arm ecosystem partnerships... etc etc. For me, now is the time to start embedding Akida in phones, prior to vehicle systems in 2024. And if Akida is not being adopted... why not? All the likes between BRN and Qualcomm staff... seem like bread crumbs leading to this "Holy Grail?"

I'll continue to hold regardless... but if Qualcomm can achieve everything that sounds like brainchip (walks like a duck etc) - without Brainchip - then what does that mean for Brainchips future? Have we lost the 3 to 5 year technology lead?

Anyway... it's exciting to be a holder. GLTA.
Well like you Fenros78 I am like you just hanging on and waiting for the big reveal
Something like a household name has to drop soon, it’s only a matter of time not if..

Reactions: 12 users
Consumer Reports ranks Mercedes Benz least reliable of cars they ranked (around 20-25 models/brands) based on feedback from 300,000 +/- car owners, based mainly on software issues. Ouch.

From the same report:

“Models from Tesla Motors, which leads the market in EV sales, continue to have issues with body hardware, steering and suspension, paint and trim and climate system. The Model 3 has average reliability, while other Telsa models – including the S, Y and X – are below average”

A very good friend and brilliant barrister I worked with had a saying he was fond of: “It’s not that we’re that good, have you seen the competition.”

The interesting thing when you read more deeply is the issues consumers complained about are things like back row seating not working correctly in Mercedes vehicles. The actual reviewers from Consumer Rrports in their seperate testing of the Mercedes range actually rate all the things like comfort, ride, handling, drive train, finish quite highly.

I remember some years ago when a motoring magazine dug more deeply into a report that consumers rated a particular vehicle lowly whereas it had scored very highly with motoring writers the consumers had marked it down because of a problem with the cup holders. One female owner they tracked down was so outraged by the cup holder issue swore she would never buy the brand again and it was her only complaint. 😂🤣🤡🤣

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Like the rest of you, I also enjoyed the Edge Impulse video. Who doesn't love to see a partner extolling the virtues of our company to a live audience of conference attendee's.

Yet, I am puzzled by a disconnect which I am fretting about, but believe is just me getting needlessly "wrapped around the axle" of inconsequential minutia.

In Sean Hehir's first AGM address he said that " ...the Semiconductor world is very aware of Brainchip after last week" (meaning after Brainchip's attendance at the Global Semiconductor Alliance Leadership Summit a week or so before the AGM}.

Why would the Edge Impulse speaker tell the audience that it is probable that none of them have ever heard of Brainchip? Or, more to my point, who were in his audience? I would have presumed they were part of the Semiconductor world,...that is afterall a big world.

So, with very little to fret about generally, I have picked this out of what was otherwise a few minute's of must see TV ( or video).

Yours, .... dippY
There are two things to say:

Firstly Brainchip CEO Sean Hehir is a Silicon Valley man through and through and as such he believes Silicon Valley is where the sun rises and sets on semiconductors and hence his statement about the world now knowing.

Secondly the statement used by the Edge Impulse presenter is nothing more than a public speaking technique. Those in the audience who know already about Brainchip are left feeling superior because they did in fact already know and those that did not are consoled by the idea that well I am not the only one who has not heard of Brainchip.

Having said this the presenter then takes his audience on a journey into a world of science fiction which is this marvellous technology which he has discovered called AKIDA that can process and fuse multiple senses simultaneously and out perform GPUs while only running at 300 megahertz that is already being adopted by Mercedes Benz, Renesas and many other companies and which despite its great complexity can be now accessed by all thanks to the brilliance of the Edge Impulse platform.

‘Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly.’

Notwithstanding his poor English language skills this is one mean, lean selling machine.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I remember bread and dripping from my youth—the staple Monday lunch following the Sunday roast. But even better when cleaning the pan while still warm.

Left over fats used to be strained and retained, to be used to fry with later. That aspect of cooking has been lost today. Along with the flavour. Although I was happy to see a device advertised recently for doing precisely that. Maybe the circle has turned. Again!

Check out carnivore MD if you haven't already. Interesting guy. https://www.instagram.com/carnivoremd2.0/?hl=en

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 3 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Hi @alwaysgreen
Are you ask hypothetically or because you have been naughty and do not yet have your own plan based on your own personal and financial circumstances.

I’m off to see what the global GPU market is worth.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I took about 8% of my holding off at $2.13 in the last run.

After that, I told myself I would sell half at $5 then the remainder at 10. I didn't expect to be back at 60 cents though so my strategy is a little fluid at the moment.

I am going to reassess my strategy at the next AGM. Hopefully, Sean is able to deliver on his promise of providing clear a earnings outlook. If those outlooks are promising, I will stick with my $5/$10 strategy. If they are lower than I hope for, then I might trade a few at a lower figure.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
everything that sounds like brainchip

It's actually pretty common for a lot of things to 'sound like Brainchip'. I think competitors have even started going out their way to use language that Brainchip are using to position themselves - to make them sound similar and competitive in the market. But reality is, OEM's and semiconductor companies don't just make decisions based on 'yep, this sounds like what we need'. I'd like to think that they can tell the difference when they actually evaluate products. There are limitations to what can and can't be achieved without Akida, and I'd encourage anyone to look past the gloss that qualcomm are putting forward and try and see whether the thing doing the quacking is actually Akida (noting that this may not actually be possible unless they actually tell us). So until a tangible confirmation or tangible comparison can be made, there is literally zero point to speculative questions like "then what does that mean for Brainchips future? Have we lost the 3 to 5 year technology lead?".

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

Did that study involve China?

Mercedes are recalling almost ALL their EVs from china due to electric motor issues caused by a seal that allows coolant to leak into the electric motor and render it useless. I believe these issues were introduced by bad manufacturing practices in the Chinese company that built the motors.

Mercedes expands EQC recall in China (2 Nov 2022)

Mercedes-Benz EQS EVs amongst 12,000 vehicles recalled in China (2 Aug 2022)

"Beijing Benz, a joint venture between Mercedes-Benz and Chinese automaker BAIC Motor, filed a recall plan on October 28 in accordance with the country’s top market regulatory body. The move expands a recall plan for certain EQA, EQB and EQC electric vehicle models released on February 18, 2022."

"In the past two years, Mercedes-Benz and its subsidiaries have launched many recalls in China. According to an automobile recall announcement issued on the official website of the State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR), in the first three quarters of this year, the German automaker recalled a total of 255,782 vehicles, with 11 recalls involving 20 models."

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
It's actually pretty common for a lot of things to 'sound like Brainchip'. I think competitors have even started going out their way to use language that Brainchip are using to position themselves - to make them sound similar and competitive in the market. But reality is, OEM's and semiconductor companies don't just make decisions based on 'yep, this sounds like what we need'. I'd like to think that they can tell the difference when they actually evaluate products. There are limitations to what can and can't be achieved without Akida, and I'd encourage anyone to look past the gloss that qualcomm are putting forward and try and see whether the thing doing the quacking is actually Akida (noting that this may not actually be possible unless they actually tell us). So until a tangible confirmation or tangible comparison can be made, there is literally zero point to speculative questions like "then what does that mean for Brainchips future? Have we lost the 3 to 5 year technology lead?".
Hi @wilzy123
I love it when you reveal your true intellect. Absolutely spot on the money.

I think it was Mr. DELL himself who predicted that 75% of all data would be processed at the Edge by 2025.

This is not some wild rogue idea it is the reality and every man and his dog wants to be considered relevant so they are all claiming to be able to compete in this space even though they don’t have what it takes while they try to play catch up.

The issue has been that most did not know who they were trying to catch up with but the word about Brainchip is getting out there and as the presenter said what Brainchip has is like science fiction.

The new levels of security imposed at the Brainchip Perth Innovation Research Centre speaks volumes about what is now unfolding.

I have said it before there is only one straight line and Brainchip owns that line and has used patents to blow up the bridges behind it so others cannot follow.

Any company claiming to be able to compete with AKIDA technology using old technology upgraded is not in the same race.

Remember the warning Sean Hehir gave at the AGM about competitors claiming 10, 20, 50 percent performance gains are not coming anywhere close to what AKIDA is doing.

AKIDA is the stuff of science fiction.

As @wilzy123 states:

“So until a tangible confirmation or tangible comparison can be made, there is literally zero point to speculative questions like "then what does that mean for Brainchips future? Have we lost the 3 to 5 year technology lead?".

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Damo4

Regular
Sorry if already posted, but link to Youtube Video of upcoming Summit. Notifications can be set:

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

I remember it very well, wiping slices of white bread around the pan ... yum ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I remember it very well, wiping slices of white bread around the pan ... yum ;)
My grandfather's favourite thing.

"Jack Sprat could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean;
And so betwixt them both,
They lick'd the platter clean."

I'd always assumed it was a consequence of having lived through the Great Depression.
I am so grateful for having found and invested early in Brainchip.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Looks like Akida will be in lot of products in the near future, Some big names will 1 day will be released and and this company will be off and running at great speeds

Slade

Top 20
All I want for Xmas is a new contract
A new contract
A new contract 🎼

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom