Slade

Top 20
I love Akida and I love carbs.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Just came across this startling video of a Tesla maybe malfunctioning????

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Just came across this startling video of a Tesla maybe malfunctioning????

Looks like it was accelerating rather than being unable to brake

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Slade

Top 20
I have recently had the thrill of putting my foot flat to the floor in a Tesla. The acceleration scared the living crap out of me. Best described as warp speed, the car accelerates faster than my decision making. I had no idea how fast the Tesla can take off. Do not try it if you have a weak heart.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I wish something would happen because its a tad...

bored-boring.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
“The companies I mentioned before each of them won one of that”

Listen for this sentence. Even making allowance for his English language skills the meaning is absolutely clear and I am convinced Brainchip won the Know Labs Handheld Glucose monitoring machine.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
When the speaker introduces Brainchip, he draws a distinction between neural network engines which imitate the brain and neuromorphic engines which imitate the nervous system plus the brain, classifying Brainchip as a neuromorphic engine.

He then talks of Known Labs in relation to neural network engines.

On the other hand, he mentions machine learning in relation to Balluff robots, so, if I were a gambling man ...

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Just a comment on your post, from a lay person not in the field whatsoever, I have come to the firm conclusion that excess consumption of refined carbohydrate and its derivatives are at the root cause of this diabetes pandemic. Although this company is doing great work, I think we really need to have a mass education push from (WHO) of why this maybe happening in the first place.
Nutrition is a pet subject of mine, I almost research it as much as I research the companies I invest in. Please excuse me for extending this non-Brainchip discussion, but hey, we have some time to kill waiting for the year of Akida (aka 2023) to roll around.

Although what you say is 100% correct @Deadpool, there is no way that WHO are going to vilify carbs. There is just too much money involved. Notice how shipping grain out of Ukraine was one of the “important” news items.

But then also, not all carbs are bad, and equally, not all fats are bad either. Moderation is the key.

Fruit and grains forming the base of the food pyramid has nothing to do with good health, and more to do with consuming products that were overly abundant, easy to transport, and profitable to farm.

The food pyramid was never about keeping us healthy. It was about making corporations healthy.

Eating too much (bad) carbs. The epitome of a 1st world problem. We tend to easily forget that more than half the planet is malnourished. But that is yet another 1st world problem. And yes, I do hate that phrase, but it fits so well.

We all know better, but we tend to reach for comfort first. It is the easy way out. Especially when it is just a short walk to the fridge, or even less to phone in a home delivery.

A little discomfort is good in so many ways. Your body actually needs discomfort, otherwise it forgets how to function properly. Healing is the first thing to go—it’s not just a natural consequence of ageing!

I practice intermittent fasting (18-20 hours a day of consuming zero calories) and have also done extended fasts - only 3 to 10 days (typically 1-2 per month, depending on duration). When fasting, I feel so much more alive and have more energy. I actually no longer like the feeling of being full.

For those interested in doing some research, it is amazing for your well-being. My go to expert is Jason Fung. First thing to understand is the important role of autophagy.

Fast hour by hour.png

• Love
  • Fire
Warren Buffett has started investing in TSMC:

"I suspect Berkshire has a belief that the world cannot do without the products manufactured by Taiwan Semi," said Tom Russo, a partner at Gardner, Russo & Quinn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, which owns Berkshire shares.

"Only a small number of companies that can amass the capital to deliver semiconductors, which are increasingly central to people's lives," he added.

• Fire
  • Wow

Fenris78

Regular
‘Always sensing camera’ sounds like it could be us, could this be an event based camera?

View attachment 22027
This would be lovely leading into Xmas! I can't understand how it's not Brainchip - Snapdragon's reliance on ARM IP (with all the media attention over our Arm partnership recently), multiple AI processors, always on camera... and the sudden increase in performance?? It may be wishful/biased thinking on my part.... but c'mon... where's that "communication" company announcement?!? Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 is hitting the market... a price sensitive announcement from BRN along with that would be a pleasant surprise! Maybe a Mercedes style plug in the launch tonight? Maybe I'm dreaming?

1668481417001.png

Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
There is a guilt free, carb friendly, fat friendly, way to live a long and happy life. 72 hour fasting is a hunger strike.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Lex555

Regular
Nutrition is a pet subject of mine, I almost research it as much as I research the companies I invest in. Please excuse me for extending this non-Brainchip discussion, but hey, we have some time to kill waiting for the year of Akida (aka 2023) to roll around.

Although what you say is 100% correct @Deadpool, there is no way that WHO are going to vilify carbs. There is just too much money involved. Notice how shipping grain out of Ukraine was one of the “important” news items.

But then also, not all carbs are bad, and equally, not all fats are bad either. Moderation is the key.

Fruit and grains forming the base of the food pyramid has nothing to do with good health, and more to do with consuming products that were overly abundant, easy to transport, and profitable to farm.

The food pyramid was never about keeping us healthy. It was about making corporations healthy.

Eating too much (bad) carbs. The epitome of a 1st world problem. We tend to easily forget that more than half the planet is malnourished. But that is yet another 1st world problem. And yes, I do hate that phrase, but it fits so well.

We all know better, but we tend to reach for comfort first. It is the easy way out. Especially when it is just a short walk to the fridge, or even less to phone in a home delivery.

A little discomfort is good in so many ways. Your body actually needs discomfort, otherwise it forgets how to function properly. Healing is the first thing to go—it’s not just a natural consequence of ageing!

I practice intermittent fasting (18-20 hours a day of consuming zero calories) and have also done extended fasts - only 3 to 10 days (typically 1-2 per month, depending on duration). When fasting, I feel so much more alive and have more energy. I actually no longer like the feeling of being full.

For those interested in doing some research, it is amazing for your well-being. My go to expert is Jason Fung. First thing to understand is the important role of autophagy.

View attachment 22030
These posts on TSE have been quite serendipitous as I’ve been experiencing a reoccurrence of general anxiety this week after what I believe to be several months of higher than usual sugar intake due partly to stress from our 2nd child arriving. On the weekend I stumbled upon Tim Ferris’ interview with Dr Chris Palmer discussing how keto assists in improved mental health including severe cases.

I’m 24hrs into Keto and now see these posts. Might be a sign to stick with it.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Warren Buffett has started investing in TSMC:

"I suspect Berkshire has a belief that the world cannot do without the products manufactured by Taiwan Semi," said Tom Russo, a partner at Gardner, Russo & Quinn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, which owns Berkshire shares.

"Only a small number of companies that can amass the capital to deliver semiconductors, which are increasingly central to people's lives," he added.
With that sort of money to invest into semiconductors, he could have invested in an American company to build a fab in America. Maybe even as a joint exercise with TSMC as an offshore enterprise. Surely some other big investors would have followed him in on that adventure. That would have won him some brownie points and would remove the problem of investing in a Chinese company once they take back Taiwan (and his $4B) with their own special military operation.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
There is a guilt free, carb friendly, fat friendly, way to live a long and happy life. 72 hour fasting is a hunger strike.
giphy (15).gif
Don't forget to follow this

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Last edited:
  • Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
When the speaker introduces Brainchip, he draws a distinction between neural network engines which imitate the brain and neuromorphic engines which imitate the nervous system plus the brain, classifying Brainchip as a neuromorphic engine.

He then talks of Known Labs in relation to neural network engines.

On the other hand, he mentions machine learning in relation to Balluff robots, so, if I were a gambling man ...
Yes I too picked up on this and as they say it ain't Russian Roulette if they give you less than 6 cylinders to play the game with and in this case he only gave us four cylinders and one is guaranteed to contain the Brainchip bullet.

If you take out one being India because that is definitely Nvidia then that gives me a one in three chance of being correct.

So which one will I choose not being a gambling man personally I am always going to pick the one he gave me the tell with by using the term neuro network engine.

Added to this in the video presentation for the Know Labs AGM as I mentioned the presenter references how they are well below the heat threshold set by the FDA for contact with the skin so as I said I am convinced by these two facts and the one in three chance that Brainchip has been sold to Know Labs by Edge Impulse for non invasive detection of diabetes in a hand held device.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
With that sort of money to invest into semiconductors, he could have invested in an American company to build a fab in America. Maybe even as a joint exercise with TSMC as an offshore enterprise. Surely some other big investors would have followed him in on that adventure. That would have won him some brownie points and would remove the problem of investing in a Chinese company once they take back Taiwan (and his $4B) with their own special military operation.
It could be part of the deal to fund the US Fab operation.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

View attachment 22030
Less energy use when there is less to digest makes the body run optimally much like Akida processing what is necessary.

Fasting also clears the mind.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes I too picked up on this and as they say it ain't Russian Roulette if they give you less than 6 cylinders to play the game with and in this case he only gave us four cylinders and one is guaranteed to contain the Brainchip bullet.

If you take out one being India because that is definitely Nvidia then that gives me a one in three chance of being correct.

So which one will I choose not being a gambling man personally I am always going to pick the one he gave me the tell with by using the term neural network engine.

Added to this in the video presentation for the Know Labs AGM as I mentioned the presenter references how they are well below the heat threshold set by the FDA for contact with the skin so as I said I am convinced by these two facts and the one in three chance that Brainchip has been sold to Know Labs by Edge Impulse for non invasive detection of diabetes in a hand held device.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
... I'll raise you a neuromorphic engine:

"25:56 know you saw several example of them I chose for this discussion brain chip now I believe that most of you never heard
26:03 about this company it's an IP company that they are selling their IP to the semis but they also have their own chip
26:09 and they are doing a neuromorphic solution now neural network engine need to mimic
26:17 the neural brain
just to make it as simple as possible a neuromorphic engine
26:23 need to mimic a neural blank
[brain] and the neural nervous system" ... Thanks to @Ahboy

.. so you think he's sent down Warnie's zooter by referring to "neural network engine"?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

toasty

Regular
We tried full on keto for about 6 months but found it too restrictive. We've now switched to Fast 800 which is also a reduced carb program but not as extreme as full on keto. Works well, particularly for my partner who has a couple of conditions that involve inflamed joints - carbs certainly make those problems worse.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom