BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Wevolver and Syntiant are creating a series that explore the work of innovators and the future of pervasive AI. Syntiant is developing ultra-low-power AI processors. Because they believe in the importance of innovation, Syntiant is engaging in these fireside chats with engineers and designers who are on the cutting edge of their field.

In previous conversations we spoke with CEO and founder of Women in Voice Dr. Joan Palmiter Bajorek, The Things Industries CEO Wienke Giezeman, Rev.com’s Daniel Kokotov, Star Wars Animatronic Designer Gustav Hoegen, and Fashiontech Designer Anouk Wipprecht.

Prospects for market growth for AI at the edge​

Tiny Machine Learning- a fusion of ML techniques, algorithms, and hardware that allow you to process data on ultra-low-power devices on the edge of a network, packs a punch. Getting real-time insights from frugal models could unlock better sustainability from littering sensors throughout intelligent cities and environments. Moving from big to little is not without teething problems, but the diversity of the subfield is what Gousev believes breeds the most promise and excitement. “You give this technology to people, and they discover ways to use it for different applications. If you look at verticals, I see a lot of traction in tinyML and many opportunities in industrial IoT, because all industries are going through digitalization.”

Reactions: 8 users
Hehe ... YouTube auto generated transcripts are always good for a laugh... especially when the speaker doesn't speak English fluently.
Try doing webinars in SEA and they turn it on. It’s interesting/distracting to see and read. More than once I burst into laughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
like our FF said, Arm is really a greater partner for us than Mercedes

The Next Tech Revolution​

The smartphone revolution changed lives. IoT will change the world.​

Arm architecture represents the world’s largest computing footprint, scaling from the tiniest sensors to supercomputers. Arm’s computing technology underpinned the smartphone revolution and is ubiquitous in IoT and embedded applications. Where smartphones ship around 1.5 billion handsets per year, IoT suppliers now ship tens of billions of devices. In fact, the IoT runs on Arm technology, as its partners are shipping over 29 billion Arm-based chips a year, around 70% of these were designed for IoT and embedded markets.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

manny100

Regular
We have a superior product, went commercial early this year and have developed a marketing and sales plan. Its early days still. The CEO said we may get some revenue this quarter. AI at the Edge is basically a new world and it may take a bit of time for the old one to catch up.
Like others here I have been a holder now for many years.

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Edge Impuls writes:
Developers participating in this year's NXP Semiconductors HoverGames Challenge can take advantage of Bosch Sensortec GmbH's AI-driven BME688 four-in-one gas sensor to build their sustainable food-focused drone applications.

1668469329058.png

HoverGames Uses Smart Gas Sensor​

Nov. 14, 2022
Developers for this year's HoverGames can take advantage of an AI-driven smart sensor from Bosch Sensortec.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I was fortunate enough to be an ophthalmologist and unfortunately dealt with the manifestations of diabetes on a daily basis. Now I live in Mexico where seemingly everyone is 100 lbs overweight and the main beverage is Coca Cola.
Just a comment on your post, from a lay person not in the field whatsoever, I have come to the firm conclusion that excess consumption of refined carbohydrate and its derivatives are at the root cause of this diabetes pandemic. Although this company is doing great work, I think we really need to have a mass education push from (WHO) of why this maybe happening in the first place.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Damo4

Regular
“The companies I mentioned before each of them won one of that”

Listen for this sentence. Even making allowance for his English language skills the meaning is absolutely clear and I am convinced Brainchip won the Know Labs Handheld Glucose monitoring machine.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Just chiming in to say I also believe the link is all but confirmed to Know Labs

"neural network engine"
"how much model you need to train, but still need to be handheld application"
"low cost, low power"

"each of them won one of that” (no mention of ANY other Nueromorphic partners)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

GDJR69

Regular
Just a comment on your post, from a lay person not in the field whatsoever, I have come to the firm conclusion that excess consumption of refined carbohydrate and its derivatives are at the root cause of this diabetes pandemic. Although this company is doing great work, I think we really need to have a mass education push from (WHO) of why this maybe happening in the first place.
I cut carbs out of my diet on 1 January this year and have lost 14kg since then - I've never looked or felt better. I have not changed any other aspect of my life including my exercise routine. It's carbs especially sugar that is the culprit not fat (I eat Keto - lots of cheese, oil and fatty foods). AKETO BALLISTO!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Today Cerebras Systems announced that we have build Andromeda, one of the largest AI supercomputers in the world. Andromeda delivers more than 1 Exaflop of AI compute, 120 Petaflops of dense compute, and has 13.5 million AI cores. Commecial, research and academic customers are all now using Andromeda to solve problems that simply can't be done on GPUs. In fact one of the first workloads was a 25 billion parameter GPTJ style model with MSL 10240. The 2000, A100 GPU cluster named Polaris couldn't do the work. Andromeda could. #ai #deeplearning #hpc #GPTJ

I found connections from Cerebras Systems to Arm and Qualcomm

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Qualcomm has officially launched (an hour ago) the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 mobile AP for high-end smartphones which will be available by the end of 2022.

It says "the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 will feature one Arm Cortex-X3 core clocked at 3.2 GHz, four Cortex-A715 cores at 2.8 GHz and three Cortex-A510 cores at 2.0 GHz. The extra performance core should give it an edge over the competition, at least in multi-threaded workloads, while being over 40% more power-efficient." It also states says " the improved Hexagon AI processing unit is up to 4.3 times faster than its predecessor".

Specs include "fused AI Accelerator Architecture" and "Dual AI Processors for audio and sensing".

Not saying it incorporates Akida this time around but I'm sure we'll get there one day.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 10.56.25 am.png

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
1668470938450.png

BUT i GO NOW😇

• Haha
  • Love

Iseki

Regular
Renesas Electronics
Renesas Electronics

We’re excited to welcome @ChrisAllexandre as our new Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, in addition to @VivekBhan as the Co-General Manager of our Automotive Business Unit, alongside @TakeshiKataoka.

Learn more about the unified sales organizational structure we’ve announced to better meet customer needs, including the combination of our Automotive and IoT & Infrastructure Business Units.
View attachment 21995
we could read more at
While Renesas have licenced 2-node akida ip, they are pushing their own non-neuromorphic solution R-Car very hard, which contains Renesas' own propriety IP to accelerate AI.
They are a bit like ARM who have their own non neuromorphioc solution, Ethos, which they will push relentlessly.

The time to pop the champagne cork is when someone puts akida ip into a chip. They could put it into a renesas built chip, or an arm based chip.
But what do you think renesas or Arm would say to such a client? It most certainly won't be built by NVIDIA.

So, It will probably be designed at MegaChips.

If you look at the advances made by Alif semiconductor, you wonder if we shouldn't pay Megachips to manufacture a new batch of akida chips with the very latest of what we have.

This is my take-home quotes from the wonderful video from Edge Impulse:
1. Brainchip is so far ahead it's like science fiction.
2. You probably haven't heard of them.
3. Akida IP is best for high end linux systems, not microcontrollers.

Don't shoot me down. I'm only quoting what the guy said.

Let's do a CR and build the chip ourselves.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Here's a link to a new podcast with Markus Shafer for our German speaking friends. Would be great to know if neuromorphic computing is mentioned at any point.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 11.19.01 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
And here's something for our German spanking friends.....enjoy! 🤣

• Haha
  • Love

Iseki

Regular
Edge Impuls writes:
Developers participating in this year's NXP Semiconductors HoverGames Challenge can take advantage of Bosch Sensortec GmbH's AI-driven BME688 four-in-one gas sensor to build their sustainable food-focused drone applications.

View attachment 22008

HoverGames Uses Smart Gas Sensor​

Nov. 14, 2022
Developers for this year's HoverGames can take advantage of an AI-driven smart sensor from Bosch Sensortec.

Great!

The sensor involved can go into a raspberry-pi. see:

So does the akida chip.

@uiux , cometh the moment, cometh the programmer.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Quercuskid

Regular
I cut carbs out of my diet on 1 January this year and have lost 14kg since then - I've never looked or felt better. I have not changed any other aspect of my life including my exercise routine. It's carbs especially sugar that is the culprit not fat (I eat Keto - lots of cheese, oil and fatty foods). AKETO BALLISTO!
Yep me too, I reduced my carbs to a maximum of 14 per day and since February have lost 18kg, I have to have some carbs as a bottle of good red wine is 14 carbs (preferably a 2010 Barossa shiraz)!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

JK200SX

Regular
Love it! But how do you resist that one piece of chocolate/or cookie/ or whatever that eventually leads you down the path of eating it all like someone possessed, and throwing you off the Keto path?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Build-it

Regular

The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) said it was working with freight customers on a recovery plan.

The Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator has been notified and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau has taken control of the site.

The ARTC said it would provide further details and an update on when the interstate freight corridor would re-open once a full assessment of the area was completed.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau's (ATSB) chief commissioner Angus Mitchell said a team of safety investigators had been sent to the site.

"They will also obtain and review any recorded data, weather information, witness reports, and relevant train and track operator records."

The regulators need to know the benefits of implementing Akida, I hope BRN can reach out to the regulators and provide the solution they need to implement.

Edge Compute.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I've also had great health and body altering achievements over the years by cutting out carbs and following a paleo diet. I have fallen off the wagon a few times (back to consuming, in my case wheat) it all goes the other way and I look and feel like crap. I have no doubt that refined carbohydrates, white bread and wholemeal (dirty white) are predominately to blame for many of the health problems facing the world today.

booty get GIF

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Lex555

Regular
Qualcomm has officially launched (an hour ago) the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 mobile AP for high-end smartphones which will be available by the end of 2022.

It says "the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 will feature one Arm Cortex-X3 core clocked at 3.2 GHz, four Cortex-A715 cores at 2.8 GHz and three Cortex-A510 cores at 2.0 GHz. The extra performance core should give it an edge over the competition, at least in multi-threaded workloads, while being over 40% more power-efficient." It also states says " the improved Hexagon AI processing unit is up to 4.3 times faster than its predecessor".

Specs include "fused AI Accelerator Architecture" and "Dual AI Processors for audio and sensing".

Not saying it incorporates Akida this time around but I'm sure we'll get there one day.

View attachment 22010
‘Always sensing camera’ sounds like it could be us, could this be an event based camera?

EB2EC391-5FE8-4C21-B952-FCDF14CCDFF6.jpeg

• Thinking
Top Bottom