BRN Discussion Ongoing

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Same thing happens to trees on the beach front as a result of being exposed constantly to onshore winds
And dense rocks in the case of liquid flowing over them for a prolonged period of time. Amazing how things are often sculpted. Even more so, when they are of your own choosing.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
S

Straw

Yes, and when Brainchip is $30 a share with annual revenue in the billions MF will highly recommend Brainchip.
They'll also say that they told their readers to buy when the price was $3 and so if you listened to them you would have made 10x.

But alas, "Brainchip is our 6th favourite stock. If you'd like to find out about our top 5 you can subscribe to MF".

It's actually a fucking joke that they're allowed to do this.
'Youā€™re reading a free article with opinions that may differ from The Motley Foolā€™s Premium Investing Services. Become a Motley Fool member today to get instant access to our top analyst recommendations, in-depth research, investing resources, and more.'
Above is the MF disclaimer they supply with their articles which is clearly advertising 'Premium Investing Services'.

Are they still implying some kind of voracity to the free opinion piece through an association with the claimed 'Premium service' otherwise
how would the FOMO advertising strategy work? If not they can only be stating the articles are utter half-truth garbage simply to draw attention and nothing more. Also do the opinions differ or not? Does the Premium Investing Service consist of opinions?

Gosh I'm so confused now.
I think I'll just make my own investing decisions or even not do anything at all. Madness I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Gosh I'm so confused now.
Don't be confused. Just look at these reviews:
1. https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/the-motley-fool
2. https://au.sitejabber.com/reviews/fool.com

This guy, Scott Phillips, keeps coming up in all the articles as the one "authorising" the BRN narrative by James Mickleboro. Hmmmm. Why?
1668081120757.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
An accountant using colour. I donā€™t believe you I think you really meant $30.00. Wow were all gunna be rich. Yippee.šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”
Accounts use color mostly on my tax return and mostly red in my case or if really bad green to send me for audit. :)

• Haha

Terroni2105

Founding Member

Attachments

• 1668086449894.jpeg
    1668086449894.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 48
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Proga

Regular

VictorG

As I type this the NASDAQ is up 6% and the shorters are in for a whole world of butthole pain today.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

charles2

Regular
As I type this the NASDAQ is up 6% and the shorters are in for a whole world of butt hole pain today.
As I type this the SOXX (Philly semiconductor index) which has been behaving better of late is up 8.08%.
This is a huge move seemingly related to the slightly better than expected US inflation numbers. Apparently the market is looking for any reason to go up. Let's see if it has legs.
Hasn't spilled over to BrainChip (yet??) which is down slightly on little volume.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

VictorG

As I type this the SOXX (Philly semiconductor index) which has been behaving better of late is up 8.08%.
This is a huge move seemingly related to the slightly better than expected US inflation numbers. Apparently the market is looking for any reason to go up. Let's see if it has legs.
Hasn't spilled over to BrainChip (yet??) which is down slightly on little volume.
BRN Frankfurt is up 3.8% on better then average volume. I have a goood feeling today, BRN up 10%+šŸ¤ž

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Krustor

Regular
BRN Frankfurt is up 3.8% on better then average volume. I have a goood feeling today, BRN up 10%+šŸ¤ž
After starting in red

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

šŸ‘€
Screenshot_2022-11-10-18-51-37-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

šŸ‘€
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

Wow nasdaq up nearly 6% with inflation down a fraction in America. Have a great weekend all and stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

cosors

šŸ‘€
For us the season of fools begins tomorrow with 11.11. at 11am - it's carnival until spring. I should dress up as Micklebro.
Don't get me wrong! We take this very seriously not to take ourselves seriously. Mickle is very considerate with his opinion to honour our tradition and culture.
The Cologne Fools' Guild:
248693455_10160169538899595_570194336085877745_n.jpg

Starting tomorrow the city will be dominated by thousands of fools and groups. One big giant advertising campaign for
d45385d7b575bd04c3488b0eec8981d5-192x192.jpg
s
"investment paper"
We take all fools seriously not just the best other 5. The same goes for Micklebro. We are very open-minded about that - prosit!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
For us the season of fools begins tomorrow with 11.11. at 11am - it's carnival until spring. I should dress up as Micklebro.
They have a costume already suited for this occasion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221111-052616~2.png
    Screenshot_20221111-052616~2.png
    470.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

SiFiveā€™s New High-Performance Processors Offer a Significant Upgrade for Wearable and Consumer Products

Next generation P670 and P470 RISC-V Processors bring ultimate flexibility and balance of performance and efficiency for next-generation wearables and smart consumer devices

Santa Clara, Calif., November 1, 2022 - SiFive, Inc. the founder and leader of RISC-V computing, today announced two new products that address the need for high performance and efficiency in a small size in high volume applications like wearables, smart home, industrial automation, AR/VR, and other consumer devices. The SiFive Performanceā„¢ P670 and P470 RISC-V processors bring unparalleled compute performance and efficiency that is significantly raising the bar for innovative designs in these high-volume markets. The modern and innovative SiFive design methodologies bring raw compute density that is a substantial advantage for SiFive Performance products and also translates into significant cost savings for customers.

ā€œThe P670 and P470 are specifically designed for, and capable of handling the most demanding workloads for wearables and other advanced consumer applications. These new products offer powerful performance and compute density for companies looking to upgrade from legacy ISAs,ā€ said Chris Jones, SiFive VP of Product. ā€œWe have optimized these new RISC-V Vector enabled products to deliver the performance and efficiency improvements the industry has long been asking for, and we are in evaluations with a number of top-tier customers. Additionally, as the upstream enablement of RISC-V has started within the Android Open Source Project, (AOSP), designers will have unrivaled choice and flexibility as they consider the positive implications with that platform for future designs.ā€

"We are excited to see RISC-V solutions for wearable and consumer devices becoming a reality, and we are looking at possibilities of integrating SiFiveā€™s latest products into Snapdragon platforms,ā€ said Ziad Asghar, Vice President, Product Management- Snapdragon Technologies and Roadmap at Qualcomm.

"Samsungā€™s System LSI Business holds a wide portfolio of solutions for various applications, such as mobile, wearables and other consumer devices. We look forward to evaluating how the latest RISC-V innovations from SiFive can enhance our offerings,ā€ said Jinpyo Park, VP of the Innovative AP Development Team, Samsung Electronics System LSI Business.

ā€œSiFive continues to be a market leader in the growing and maturing RISC-V space and again shows its leadership with its new SiFive Performance P670 and P470 RISC-V processors,ā€ said Todd R. Weiss, an analyst with Futurum Research. ā€œThese latest and powerful new processors give SiFive feature and performance advantages that will gain plenty of attention from device makers and consumers who want more from their devices. SiFive has been growing its reputation for some time and is truly ready to shake up the marketplace.ā€

Features

The SiFive Performance P470 and P670 products offer a finely-tuned combination of compute-density, power efficiency, and robust feature sets ideal for a wide range of applications and markets:

ā€¢ Support for virtualization, including a separate IOMMU for accelerating virtualized device IO

ā€¢ Full, Out-of-Order, RISC-V Vector implementation, based on the ratified RISC-V Vector v1.0 Specification

ā€¢ First to market with the RISC-V Vector Cryptography extensions

ā€¢ SiFive WorldGuard system security

ā€¢ Full RISC-V RVA22 profile compliance

ā€¢ New, Advanced Interrupt Architecture (AIA) compliant interrupt controller, with better support for Message Signal Interrupts (MSI) and virtualization

ā€¢ Enhanced scalability with fully coherent multi-core, multi-cluster, with support for up to 16 cores

SiFive Performance P670

The P670 is ideal for applications like premium wearables, networking, robotics, and mobile. The P650, which excludes the vector unit, is already shipping to lead customers and is being used in applications that do not require the additional capabilities that vector compute offers or are more area constrained.

The feature rich P670:

ā€¢ achieves a maximum frequency exceeding 3.4GHz in 5nm,

ā€¢ has performance of greater than 12 SpecINT2k6/GHz, offering optimized performance in a constrained area and power envelope,

ā€¢ offers higher single threaded performance and 2x compute density compared to legacy solutions, and

ā€¢ includes a 2x 128-bit Vector ALUs compliant with the ratified RISC-V Vector v1.0 specification

SiFive Performance P470

The P470 is SiFiveā€™s first efficiency-focused Out-of-Order, area optimized, vector processor, ideal for applications like wearables, consumer, and smart home devices. Expanding on the proven P500-Series, the P470 is significantly smaller than competing solutions and optimized to have best-in-class performance efficiency and area density. The P470 was designed to also serve as a companion to the P670 processor for demanding applications that require a sharing of compute resources while optimizing power consumption.

The P470 offers a significant upgrade to legacy efficiency cores, achieving a maximum frequency exceeding 3.4GHz in 5nm, and greater than 8 SpecINT2k6/GHz, within a minimal area and power envelope.

Other P470 features include:

ā€¢ 4x compute density in comparison to leading competitor

ā€¢ Includes 1x 128-bit RISC-V Vector ALU compliant with the ratified RISC-V Vector v1.0 specification

SiFive will also release the P450 ā€“ an area-optimized version of the P470 that excludes the Vector Unit.

A presentation highlighting the benefits of the new products will be made at the Linley Fall Microprocessor Conference later today.

For more information on SiFiveā€™s market-leading RISC-V IP portfolio, please visit SiFive.com/risc-v-core-ip.

About SiFive

As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFiveā€™s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, data center, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit SiFive.com.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
D

Deleted member 118

Executive Blog: AI at the IoT Edge Is Disrupting the Industrial Market

Sailesh Chittipeddi
Sailesh Chittipeddi
Executive VP and General Manager of the IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit
Artificial intelligence (AI) at the edge of the network is a cornerstone that will influence the future direction of the technology industry. If AI is an engine of change, then semiconductors are the oil driving the new age that is being defined by machine learning (ML), neural networks, 5G connectivity and the advent of blockchain, digital twins and the metaverse.

Despite recent disruptions to the chip industry due to supply chain and more recently, macroeconomic factors, the confluence of AI ā€“ and the Internet of Things (IoT) known as AIoTā€“ is poised to shift the world from cloud-centric intelligence to a more distributed intelligence architecture.

It is expected that a staggering 73.1 zettabytes of data is expected to be generated by IoT devices, in 2025 according to IDC Research. As a result, endpoint data will increase at a CAGR of 85% from 2017 to 2025, driving intelligence from the cloud to the endpoint to run AI/ML workloads within tiny machines (TinyML). Some of the applications that are seeing the most disruption include the development of ā€œvoice as a user interfaceā€ to improve human-to-machine communication, as well as environmental sensing and predictive analytics and maintenance. Major growth segments include wearables, smart homes, smart cities and intelligent industrial automation.

What are the benefits of embedding intelligence at the endpoint? Many industrial IoT applications operate within environments constrained by memory capacity, limited computing and battery power and sub-optimal connectivity. Moreover, these applications often require real-time responses that may be mission and system critical. Expecting such devices and applications to operate in a cloud-centric intelligence architecture just does not work.

This is where the power of embedding intelligence at the endpoint is evolving from standard industrial IoT implementations to what we are calling AIoT for industrial applications.

Transforming data at the source of collection minimizes latency and enables optimized processing for time-critical applications. Because data is not processed and transported over the network, the security concerns related to transfer and flow of data, are greatly minimized. Another advantage is that data handling, can be linked with root-of-trust at the endpoint, making the implementation impervious to attacks. Since data processing is handled at or very near to the source, we can fully leverage data gravity and reduce the power consumption associated with turning on radios or moving data through the network.

Our commitment to our customers is to lead the industry in endpoint compute technology with the broadest range of MCUs and MPUs. Already this has enabled designers to leverage our rich ecosystem of IoT and AI/ML building blocks by tapping into a technology ecosystem that features more than 300 building blocks of commercial grade software provided by Renesasā€™s trusted partners.

Our growing AIoT portfolio also explains our recent acquisition of Reality AI, a new platform powering edge and endpoint AI in industrial IoT applications using Renesas processors. Reality AI automatically searches a wide range of signal-processing transforms and generates custom machine learning models, while retaining traceability in its approach and offering valuable hardware design analytics. The models run on nearly every MCU and MPU core available from Renesas ā€“ with new ones added constantly.

This puts an incredibly powerful tool into the hands of designers to help them solve their most difficult problems, because the model development is specifically for non-visual sensing use cases and based on advanced signal processing math and edge deployment. This enables advanced analytics capable of supporting full hardware design and complete frameworks, including data collection, instrumentation, firmware and ML workflows. Other solutions simply generate algorithms and models that often account for only 5% of typical project costs, while ignoring the other 95% of development expenses.

Our comprehensive approach to AIoT design allows developers to reduce unscheduled equipment downtime, improve production efficiencies and perform sophisticated quality assurance tasks that are costly or difficult to replicate in current testing environment.

Auto-ML Solution for Real-time Analytics - Advanced Signal Processing + AI for Endpoints
In a real-world use case tested under 51 different environmental and load conditions in a three-ton residential HVAC system, Reality AI was able to achieve a greater than 95% accuracy when detecting and distinguishing single fault conditions. The test also detected indoor and outdoor air-flow blockage and charge faults as small at 5% from OEM specifications in both heating and cooling modes.

The convergence of AI and IoT for industrial applications is a megatrend with significant potential. The acquisition of Reality AI unlocks the potential of combining advanced signal processing with AI at the edge and supported by Renesasā€™ extensive hardware, software, tools and ecosystem to provide all the building blocks you need to unleash your creativity.

I will be speaking in greater depth on the topic of AI at the edge as part of the Embedded Forum at electronica 2022 in Munich, Germany. If you are at the conference, I hope you will attend the keynote session, "Sense, think, act - the future is AIoT," on Wednesday, Nov. 16 beginning at 2pm CET in Hall A4 ā€“ 461.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Well 10 times Microsoft at present itā€™s 1698 billion
So I Ć¢m thinking 50 billion is peanuts
I am in for mį» than just a peanut
16980 billion might be better
Not sure what the share price will be then
Lol šŸ˜
Yes please to ten times Microsoftā€¦ even at my low levels that would make my current pile ~45ā€¦ 45 millionā€¦. Yes yes yes I know, but what else are dreams for ;)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom