Reactions: 52 users

Foxdog

Regular
Remembrance Day today everyone - Lest We Forget

• Love
Reactions: 40 users

JK200SX

Regular

I know everyone's time is important, so to find this podcast and all the others, go to this great site :)

1668121888180.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Thanks Jess & JK

ARM Ecosystem
230 Billion chips so far.
7 Billion chips in last quarter.

RT: Our current mutual customers!

Kevin Ryan:
AI/ML is standard of IoT
Brainchip Neuromorphic help ARM Ecosystem to solve some very specific use cases.
ARM IP A class M class & Ethos and partner like Brainchip give ARM the ability to scale.

Wow, what a Podcast.
Learning.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

TopCat

Regular
Thanks Jess & JK

ARM Ecosystem
230 Billion chips so far.
7 Billion chips in last quarter.

RT: Our current mutual customers!

Kevin Ryan:
AI/ML is standard of IoT
Braunchip Neuromorphic help ARM Ecosystem to solve some very specific use cases.
ARM IP A class M class & Ethos and partner like Brainchip give ARM the ability to scale.

Wow, what a Podcast.
Learning.
How does Brainchip fit in with Virtual Hardware? What is it? Anyone with an easy explanation?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

VictorG

Not cheap but so much better.
PM me for your orders.

1668124861708.png

P

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

newpunta

Regular

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Looking forward to listening to the podcast. About to go on a drive for an hour so perfect timing.

Unfortunately won't be able to take notes but will relay anything that really stands out.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
How does Brainchip fit in with Virtual Hardware? What is it? Anyone with an easy explanation?
Hi TopCat,

I don't have the technology knowledge to answer your question.
But what I gather is Virtual hardware is cloud base, eg, a certain software could run on ARM hardware (date centre) and fee it back to the original software. So if that's is the case, Akida IP could integrate in to ARM hardware. So software can run it virtually.

That's just me on my basic understanding. So I can be wrong.

Some of our technical members can explain better.

Learning

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Memorial Day Poppies GIF

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi TopCat,

I don't have the technology knowledge to answer your question.
But what I gather is Virtual hardware is cloud base, eg, a certain software could run on ARM hardware (date centre) and fee it back to the original software. So if that's is the case, Akida IP could integrate in to ARM hardware. So software can run it virtually.

That's just me on my basic understanding. So I can be wrong.

Some of our technical members can explain better.

Learning

Essentially, yes.

Virtualised hardware is basically software that mimics hardware based resources/services. You can run virtualised hardware locally on your own device or you could also have it provisioned to you via the internet - that's one of the key benefits of virtualisation.... it's ability to be easily distributed and not be limited (to a large extent) to a physical location.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Essentially, yes.

Virtualised hardware is basically software that mimics hardware based resources/services. You can run virtualised hardware locally on your own device or you could also have it provisioned to you via the internet - that's one of the key benefits of virtualisation.... it's ability to be easily distributed and not be limited (to a large extent) to a physical location.
Thanks wilzy123,

Learning

Reactions: 6 users

TopCat

Regular
Essentially, yes.

Thanks Wilzy123, so it’s possible to bundle Akida up in an app and download it to a smart phone or would it be a bit more involved/complex than that?

Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
so it’s possible to bundle Akida up in an app and download it to a smart phone

Exactly! Or even have it embedded in the phone operating system (i.e. Android or iOS) - which is again, software.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Virtual hardware is a software simulation of a chip. It is a program that runs on a computer and performs the same functions as the chip, given the same inputs.
BrainChip's MetaTF includes a software simulation of Akida.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Wilzy123, so it’s possible to bundle Akida up in an app and download it to a smart phone or would it be a bit more involved/complex than that?
The problem with running the Akida simulation programme on another processor is that you lose much of the speed advantage while using more power compared with the Akida chip. It is there for learning/development/demonstration purposes.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
The problem with running the Akida simulation programme on another processor is that you lose much of the speed advantage while using more power compared with the Akida chip. It is there for learning/development/demonstration purposes.

True - which may still be sufficient - I guess it all comes down to application / requirements.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Dhm

Regular
Essentially, yes.

But playing devils advocate here, that isn’t primarily what we are after because our forte is edge sensor inference and processing on chip without the need of cloud computing. I guess we can’t be all the solutions for all the problems.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
True - which may still be sufficient - I guess it all comes down to application / requirements.
That takes us back to the Studio days.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom