BRN Discussion Ongoing

Justchilln

Regular
Yeah my understanding is that BRN receives a royalty per product they make… so are renesas just making their own chip
Yes you are correct, renesas still need to be successful selling the product before we will see any revenues…..
I like to think that they have been working in parallel with their customers and start making sales as soon as the chip is finished.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi All,

I think I'm correct in saying that LDA Capital who settled earlier than expected following on from my first post yesterday evening, they actually paid $1.10 AUD per share, not $1.49 AUD...the wording was possibly a little confusing including the dates announced as 25 Feb then 28 Feb and then settling on the 18th Feb...the full issue of shares was or was supposed to be 20.3 million, that is, 15 million plus 5.30 million....happy to be corrected, maybe I'm the one who's confused :unsure:
I think the 15 million shares is the most that could be issued. So the $1.49 per share is the lowest possible price as the wording is “up to 15m shares” it doesn’t actually say we are selling exactly 15m shares.

To address your point though, I think the $5.3 deferred drawdown is included in the 15m shares. If you go back and read the announcements the minimum draw that needed to be made was the $5.3 deferred to no later than 28 Feb 22 and $15m no later than dec 22. We have drawn $22.3m ( inclusive of deferred amount). The last draw down requirement is another $15m some time between Jan 23 and dec 23.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

Ok so the only income I can work out that is coming from North America is NASA, I wonder what they got for nearly $1.5 million

Attachments

• 8F1B76E9-7085-4DB8-ADD3-3FBC792D1F4B.png
    8F1B76E9-7085-4DB8-ADD3-3FBC792D1F4B.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users

Mt09

Regular
Ok so the only income I can work out that is coming from North America is NASA, I wonder what they got for nearly $1.5 million
Our agreeement/license is officially with Renesas US

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Our agreeement/license is officially with Renesas US
With NASA?

Reactions: 1 users

Justchilln

Regular
Most of that is from megachips up front license payment.

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

Most of that is from megachips up front license payment.
Are you sure? as it’s says payment received from customer in North America
0DFC1EAF-73E4-47E2-937A-96E565CE5928.png

Reactions: 4 users
I think the 15 million shares is the most that could be issued. So the $1.49 per share is the lowest possible price as the wording is “up to 15m shares” it doesn’t actually say we are selling exactly 15m shares.

To address your point though, I think the $5.3 deferred drawdown is included in the 15m shares. If you go back and read the announcements the minimum draw that needed to be made was the $5.3 deferred to no later than 28 Feb 22 and $15m no later than dec 22. We have drawn $22.3m ( inclusive of deferred amount). The last draw down requirement is another $15m some time between Jan 23 and dec 23.
I have been to the source and this is the answer:

"Sorry if our notes were not clear on that. We issued 15 million shares to LDA in January and all of the shares were sold. It was done in two tranches because the first tranche (A$5.3M net) was our outstanding obligation from 2021 and therefore was subject to a 10% discount. The second tranche for the remaining balance of A$17.1M, was done at a discount of 8.5%. So we raised a total of about A$22.4M net of the discount. If you have any other questions, let me know."

So without getting too heavily into the maths in round numbers they sold the 15 million shares for around $1.65 or thereabouts and the company received in its hands around the $1.49. Bloody brilliant result in my opinion. Great work LDA Capital and Ken Scarince CFO. Puto can go an suck cabbage leaves he did not disrupt the Brainchip party.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 69 users

sleepymonk

Regular
Are you sure? as it’s says payment received from customer in North America View attachment 1711
Rocket do not forget in the notes to the report they reference the amounts consist of payments for licence fees, engineering and EAP contracts.
Also do not forget Ford is in North America. As others have mentioned the original agreement was with Renesas USA so most likely payments are made through that Branch of Renesas and of course there is NASA and Vorago to consider.

However there are also 10 or 11 yet to be disclosed EAP's some of which could be in North America and who would have paid their $50,000 to $200,000 EAP sign on fee as well as additional engineering fees.

So all in all we need a famous mathematician to come up with a formula from which to calculate who paid what and with one of the new Quantum super computers something that might take 10,000 years to run all the possibilities could be made clear in about an hour. Till then we will have to wait for more announcements because I don't think we have enough data yet. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 28 users
D

Deleted member 118

Rocket do not forget in the notes to the report they reference the amounts consist of payments for licence fees, engineering and EAP contracts.
Also do not forget Ford is in North America. As others have mentioned the original agreement was with Renesas USA so most likely payments are made through that Branch of Renesas and of course there is NASA and Vorago to consider.

However there are also 10 or 11 yet to be disclosed EAP's some of which could be in North America and who would have paid their $50,000 to $200,000 EAP sign on fee as well as additional engineering fees.

So all in all we need a famous mathematician to come up with a formula from which to calculate who paid what and with one of the new Quantum super computers something that might take 10,000 years to run all the possibilities could be made clear in about an hour. Till then we will have to wait for more announcements because I don't think we have enough data yet. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

1645648511529.gif

Reactions: 10 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Good morning chippers!

Thought I would start a Book corner in the forum, and have scribbled some notes here:

I read The Psychology of Money recently, and the post is what I got from the book.
If you read books and would love to be a part of it, please come have a look, and if you have notes on any books, feel free to post. I think it will be a nice way of discussing and getting to know books. 📚📖

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Also to note, the accounting method. So by that standard it is always going to be completely inconclusive.

Reactions: 9 users
Granddaughter has arrived so I will leave this article for the 1,000 Eyes to see if it throws up any dots:

Now off to the real world. LOL
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 34 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Granddaughter has arrived so I will leave this article for the 1,000 Eyes to see if it throws up any dots:

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Enjoy FF .... it's all about 'Quality time' with loved ones 💕

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Congrats FF, thats wonderful news

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
A nice pre market order going through @ $1.32 :)(y)
TIMEPRICE $VOLUMEVALUE $MARKETCONDITION
7:29:36 AM1.3266100,000132,660.000ASXLT XT

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

1645653129356.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Justchilln

Regular
Are you sure? as it’s says payment received from customer in North America View attachment 1711
You might be right, I didn’t see that section…..
I’m not sure where else it would come from, I think the mega chips license is 2 million in the first year?
So that would seem the most obvious but I don’t know.

Reactions: 5 users

Dhm

Regular

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Nothing direct jumped out at me, but as we know our Akida can act within the parameters of human's 5 senses and it isn't a large leap to have us doing this either remotely or linked to a conveyor belt system.

I had a working example of this around four years ago whin the missus and I did a Boeing tour just out of Seattle. The building where all the planes get built is the largest by volume free standing building in the world. Imagine five full football fields side by side. Anyhow the various planes progress along 'conveyor belt' situations where workers add to the plane what need to happen at that station. Each worker wore a camera mounted on their shoulder - or helmet, I can't recall - that checked that each process that worker needed to do was completed.

I would imagine Akida would eat this type of task for breakfast. It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to achieve, however I don't really have any expertise in this field.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom