BRN Discussion Ongoing

Paper just out recently, not sure if posted already.

Haven't read it as way over my head technically but keyword search hit.

Not using Akida as yet but I suggest definitely aware of "some" of its capabilities (SOC).

They mention Intels accelerator but maybe need to know we pretty good at that too :LOL:

Seeing in California maybe one of the BRN boys or girls can pop over for a chat with a sample :unsure::)

1667461240550.png

1667461059354.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Mr. Stevens was most recently Global Vice President of Sales for Syntiant Corporation, a leading edge AI semiconductor provider, where he built a worldwide sales team and drove revenue growth with tier-1 key accounts.

We all know:

Chris Stevens, Industry Veteran Joins BrainChip to Lead Worldwide Sales​

We humans are good at understanding our environment thanks to our auditory sensory skills. We're able to identify a multitude of sound sources and even guess a location simply by listening. In this project, Swapnil Verma tried to replicate the same behavior using Syntiant Corp.'s TinyML Board with a microphone, running an Edge Impulse model.
1667462043676.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Thanks, you are welcome, and that particular podcast is already included.
I added this heading, "Here is what Prophesee CEO Luca Verre had to say", to make it stand out a little more

I agree with your the statement "Sony could not logically avoid using AKIDA"
Thats why I collated this information, as it screams to me that this is the case.

So looking forward to the next 2 years.....
From cold dead hands they will get mine.
Sorry having a bad week. Second last day of our kitchen being renovated, so as you are a trusted poster, at least by me 😂 I accepted your nothing new and skimmed the post and somehow missed the podcast. Going back just now it jumped out.

Must have been dust on the screen there is so much dust, anyway hopefully anyone who has not listened will be now engaged enough to do so.

To have the CEO Luca Verre of Prophesee say that he and his partner feared they were building a house of straw until they discovered AKIDA was momentous.

I have to confess to encouraging the company to release a transcript of this interview and I am becoming such a broken record I might be getting traction.

We both know that Prophesee went to Intel and SynSense before realising their house of straw with AKIDA could overnight become a triple brick bunker with a prestressed six inch concrete liner and 40 cm thick steel cyclone proof doors.

There is definitely a ‘when not if’ Brainchip, Prophesee, Sony partnership in the wings.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 72 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
I didn´t compare the US to those countries, I´m just saying that to cover interest with printed money never ended well and never will.

The US unemployment statistics doesn´t really tell us a lot, the sloping off happens all the time. It would fall if nobody new got a job or got unemployed, but just by the fact that people gave up searching for job.

The housing debt in the US is also different from 2008 and the low interest rate is mostly locked in now, so people will not have to leave their houses to the same degree, because of higher interest rates. This however doesn´t mean that the housing market will not crash, because higher interest will make buyers dry up. The average housing price is about half a million USD in the US, each 1% extra interest would be 5000 USD extra a year, so it would be harder for buyers.

As for the resources, clearly the countries differ in the resources they have. And sure, the US has a lot of human resources, but as far as I remember, China won the most math oplympiades, both teams possibly being able to communicate in Chinese:

And half of the americans can´t read an 8th grade book according to Washington Post:

The US isn´t what it used to be. Paul Kennedy wrote an excelent book "The Rise and Fall of Great Powers", empires are never forever and the US is acting exactly like a falling empire as described by Paul Kennedy.
Anther great book on this is the Changing world order by Ray Dalio…

Reactions: 7 users

M_C

Founding Member

"Samsung’s System LSI Business holds a wide portfolio of solutions for various applications, such as mobile, wearables and other consumer devices. We look forward to evaluating how the latest RISC-V innovations from SiFive can enhance our offerings,” said Jinpyo Park, VP of the Innovative AP Development Team, Samsung Electronics System LSI Business.

“SiFive continues to be a market leader in the growing and maturing RISC-V space and again shows its leadership with its new SiFive Performance P670 and P470 RISC-V processors,” said Todd R. Weiss, an analyst with Futurum Research. “These latest and powerful new processors give SiFive feature and performance advantages that will gain plenty of attention from device makers and consumers who want more from their devices. SiFive has been growing its reputation for some time and is truly ready to shake up the marketplace.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

hamilton66

Regular
I received an email response from Sci-eye regarding their shark identification drone.

View attachment 21102
A, firstly on behalf of all, thanks for ur efforts. Just my thoughts, but I reckon it's worth trying to get these guys to at least call BRN, and have a talk. If Akida was adopted, it would be massive exposure for BRN, in Oz at the least, and certainly no NDAs required. Win /win for both parties. Probably not a lot of money in it for BRN, but reckon it could be a very smart little by-play, with an eye to public acceptance of AI, the benefits of what it can do, and demonstrating the superiority of Akida in the space. Stats tell u sharks are a small problem. Fact is , the fear factor invades the head space of most. Oz probably has the strongest beach culture, as a nation, in the world. If we could develop the worlds best system here, it certainly wouldn't be missed by others. Like I said, just my thoughts. GLTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Rach2512

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Any thing to see here?

Its one of EMC Corp/ Dell Technology
From November 2019

Learning

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

"Samsung’s System LSI Business holds a wide portfolio of solutions for various applications, such as mobile, wearables and other consumer devices. We look forward to evaluating how the latest RISC-V innovations from SiFive can enhance our offerings,” said Jinpyo Park, VP of the Innovative AP Development Team, Samsung Electronics System LSI Business.

“SiFive continues to be a market leader in the growing and maturing RISC-V space and again shows its leadership with its new SiFive Performance P670 and P470 RISC-V processors,” said Todd R. Weiss, an analyst with Futurum Research. “These latest and powerful new processors give SiFive feature and performance advantages that will gain plenty of attention from device makers and consumers who want more from their devices. SiFive has been growing its reputation for some time and is truly ready to shake up the marketplace.”

Nice one @MC🐠! I wonder if that has anything to do with this #34,486 ?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
I received an email response from Sci-eye regarding their shark identification drone.

View attachment 21102
Hi @alwaysgreen

I think the idea would be to send the email to Edge Impulse. They have lots of these sorts of projects from detecting forest fires to monitoring endangered animals.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 14 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I search and search because I have time with my second cup of coffee, I hope you don't mind,☕in the course you have to build up somehow

Neuromorphic Chip Market to reach Huge Growth and Tremendous Demand in Next Coming years by 2030​

By
Coherent Market Insights
Published
October 31, 2022

𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐫𝐞:

❖ Intel Corporation
❖ International Business Machine Corporation
❖ Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
❖ General Vision Inc.
BrainChip Holdings Ltd.
❖ HRL Laboratories LLC
❖ Hewlett Packard Corp.
❖ Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
❖ Applied Brain Research, Inc.
❖ nepes corp
❖ Gyrfalcon Technology Inc

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

SERA2g

Founding Member

View attachment 21102
Nice mate.

I have in the past had similar conversations with business owners regarding akida and have reached out to Adam Osseiran and Tony Dawe to ask for their ok to send through an introduction email to put the business in touch with BRN.

I’d suggest you do the same and let them set up a meeting from there!

Good job mate!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
Looking at ARM's website I think they have added a sorting function that can be used when browsing their partner catalog. I found it very interesting going through all the different categories with the relevance key activated. BrainChip remains in poll position for each of the searches. That I believe is reflective of ARM's belief in Akida.

1667471557440.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

Chimi

Interesting. Did someone know about that

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Looking at ARM's website I think they have added a sorting function that can be used when browsing their partner catalog. I found it very interesting going through all the different categories with the relevance key activated. BrainChip remains in poll position for each of the searches. That I believe is reflective of ARM's belief in Akida.

View attachment 21175

I hope so. Not bad to be in front of NXP:

1667472557147.png

I’m hoping where the N (neural) in NXP’s latest product although the financials tell me we’re not. Time will tell.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TECH

Regular
View attachment 21077
View attachment 21078

Edge Impulse and Brainchip are bros with benefits.

Also I want one of them USBs 😑
I have one that I'm currently using, I got my magnifying glass out to see if what I thought I was looking at, was in fact what is in my laptop currently, and it is.

Great bottle opener as well.

Thanks, Tony, for last year's Christmas present, this year I hope to receive an AKD 2000 reference chip, thanks Santa!!! :unsure:🙃;):ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Slade

Top 20
I hope so. Not bad to be in front of NXP:

View attachment 21176

I’m hoping where the N (neural) in NXP’s latest product although the financials tell me we’re not. Time will tell.

It is interesting as the one category on the ARM AI catalog where NXP disappears and BrainChip remains in first place is mobile computing.
1667473281936.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Hi All
Yesterday I put as a matter of logic and reasoned analysis that there was an NDA in place with Mercedes Benz largely on terms dictated by Mercedes Benz.

This seemed to me the only possible explanation however there was not universal acceptance of this so rather than continue I emailed the company and have received the following reply from the Chief Financial Officer Mr. Ken Scarince:

“Hi Fact Finder

We do indeed have a very restrictive NDA in place with Mercedes. Obviously the market is aware that we have provided them with the Akida technology since they announced it, however we are not permitted to comment on it at all. So you are correct!

It is OK to share our acknowledgement of the existence of the NDA.

Ken”

I do not expect that everyone will acknowledge the legitimacy of this so if so inclined an email to Tony Dawe will provide the additional assurance you require.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Oh my lordy!!

Thank you very much for sharing this correspondence FF. Definitely no need to bother Tony with that fact, to find out more. Fact found!

So, strewth sorry still getting my head around it all to be honest, no breach of the NDA regs as MB publicly announced to the world, and wonderfully shared by our German friends back in Jan this year, that BrainChip are part of the new EQXX concept vehicle produced by Mercedes. Not BrainChip! Wow! I so wonder how long this NDA has actually been in place, so I do, interesting indeed.

Absolutely no dots were attempted to be connected prior to this announcement with MB to my recollection.

C'mon Valeo, drop a bit more of a dot to join than the stammer the two blokes gave at the presentation a few months back after one of us asked if Akida is part of their products. I dare ya ;)

Pantene peeps!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Slade

Top 20
Sort by relevance usually means sort from most relevant to least relevant.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom