BRN Discussion Ongoing

Maybe already posted but this article came up on Edge Impulse's twitter feed not that long ago. Brainchip was mentioned a couple of times :)

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Paper just out recently, not sure if posted already.

Haven't read it as way over my head technically but keyword search hit.

Not using Akida as yet but I suggest definitely aware of "some" of its capabilities (SOC).

They mention Intels accelerator but maybe need to know we pretty good at that too :LOL:

Seeing in California maybe one of the BRN boys or girls can pop over for a chat with a sample :unsure::)

View attachment 21154

View attachment 21152
Hi @Fullmoonfever

I sent the link to the paper you found to the company yesterday and heard back this morning that it has been referred on to Peter van der Made as he apparently has a particular interest in the application of AKIDA technology for this purpose.

From small acorns large Oak trees grow.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

Tezza

Regular
More carnage today? Hmm could be time to add more to super in case we drop out of the 200.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
So what are the chances that Merc aren't using AKIDA in this mid-sized sedan? With such stringent NDA's in place I'd like to think that Merc are protecting this particular competitive advantage. This car is aimed at the younger demographic by the look which has been suggested before as the perfect test bed for new tech. I think the cone of silence will exist until the 2024 release. I suspect most of our customers are in a similar developmental timeframe so perhaps we can't expect any major announcements for a couple of years. The SP will suffer until that golden 4C is presented in which revenue outpaces expenses - perhaps the next one 🤔
I have to say I think it is clear cut that Brainchip when it absolutely counts it does not even perspire let alone leak.

I have been casting my memory back and I cannot recall any incident where it was ever suggested by another poster here or at HC that Mercedes Benz were involved seriously with Brainchip.

So I agree with you that until Mercedes Benz feels inclined to cast a pearl about AKIDA to the market the silence on this front will continue.

I think the statement by Sean Hehir that they are extremely grateful to Mercedes Benz for the comments they made is deeply heart felt and a significant understatement of the impact it had on company moral.

Thankfully we have Edge Impulse employing a battalion of town cryers to spread their latest news.

Never loose site which I sometimes do that being in absolute stealth mode means that when say Kristopher Carlson one of our longest serving brilliant young engineers is at family gatherings he still cannot disclose to even his closest family members the career goals he is kicking on the World stage.

Imagine sitting there at Thanks Giving and over hearing his father talking to his uncle. His uncle bragging about how his son or daughter has just been promoted or been voted employee of the month and then asks and how is Kris going. Kris’ father replies not sure he does not say much but he seems happy. Well if he is happy.

I bet Kris just wants to scream I am changing the future of mankind.

On the 4C front In my private discussions with the company I do get a sense of excitement building about how market interest in neuromorphic computing solutions at the Edge is growing rapidly this year but it seems tempered by concerns around the general economic climate and World affairs and the actions of the US Federal Reserve.

The term head winds is not infrequently used affecting the semiconductor industry.

In consequence I am tempering my expectations for the next 4C but not for Brainchip.

In fact I am more excited than ever about what Brainchip could become over the next few years.

When I consider how tight the Brainchip ship has been regarding Mercedes Benz the other eight to ten EAPs become more intriguing than ever particularly as we know the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated they were household names and or Fortune 500 companies.

Added to which the current CEO Sean Hehir stated these companies considered AKIDA to be their KRYPTONITE with which to capture the lead in their market spaces.

Exciting times.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

charles2

Regular
I have to say I think it is clear cut that Brainchip when it absolutely counts it does not even perspire let alone leak.

I have been casting my memory back and I cannot recall any incident where it was ever suggested by another poster here or at HC that Mercedes Benz were involved seriously with Brainchip.

So I agree with you that until Mercedes Benz feels inclined to cast a pearl about AKIDA to the market the silence on this front will continue.

I think the statement by Sean Hehir that they are extremely grateful to Mercedes Benz for the comments they made is deeply heart felt and a significant understatement of the impact it had on company moral.

Thankfully we have Edge Impulse employing a battalion of town cryers to spread their latest news.

Never loose site which I sometimes do that being in absolute stealth mode means that when say Kristopher Carlson one of our longest serving brilliant young engineers is at family gatherings he still cannot disclose to even his closest family members the career goals he is kicking on the World stage.

Imagine sitting there at Thanks Giving and over hearing his father talking to his uncle. His uncle bragging about how his son or daughter has just been promoted or been voted employee of the month and then asks and how is Kris going. Kris’ father replies not sure he does not say much but he seems happy. Well if he is happy.

On the 4C front In my private discussions with the company I do get a sense of excitement building about how market interest in neuromorphic computing solutions at the Edge is growing rapidly this year but it seems tempered by concerns around the general economic climate and World affairs and the actions of the US Federal Reserve.

The term head winds is not infrequently used affecting the semiconductor industry.

In consequence I am tempering my expectations for the next 4C but not for Brainchip.

In fact I am more excited than ever about what Brainchip could become over the next few years.

When I consider how tight the Brainchip ship has been regarding Mercedes Benz the other eight to ten EAPs become more intriguing than ever particularly as we know the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated they were household names and or Fortune 500 companies.

Added to which the current CEO Sean Hehir stated these companies considered AKIDA to be their KRYPTONITE with which to capture the lead in their market spaces.

Exciting times.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Akidaholics......yes I confess that I am one....buying BRCHF today at 39cents. And buying almost every day recently. You don't want to know how many shares that I own. Certainly my wife doesn't. Seriously my only concern at age 77 is that I live long enough to enjoy the rewards....and more importantly, being right.
My children will be singing my praises (for many reasons) long after I'm gone. (He says!)

Edit: I was interrupted. Reading this board daily I find it impossible not to be an enthusiast. Thank you all for your contributions and allowing me to eavesdrop.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 77 users
S

Straw

Exciting times.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'll go with Kryptonian genetics (being IP) 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Akidaholics......yes I confess that I am one....buying BRCHF today at 39cents. And buying almost every day recently. You don't want to know how many shares that I own. Certainly my wife doesn't. Seriously my only concern at age 77 is that I live long enough to enjoy the rewards....and more importantly, being right.
My children will be singing my praises (for many reasons) long after I'm gone. (He says!)
Your 80th is going to be next level mate🥳🥳

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Edit: I was interrupted. Reading this board daily I find it impossible not to be an enthusiast. Thank you all for your contributions and allowing me to eavesdrop.
For one reason or the other they will at least remember you. If only Dad hadn’t or how clever was Dad. 😂🤣😂🤡😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Exciting times.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi @Fact Finder
Something I have been pondering is why Mercedes let the world know they were using Akida when they have a strict NDA in place with Brainchip protecting this secret?

Wouldn’t it be in Mercedes best interest to have kept this under wraps until they release a vehicle containing this technology to the market?

The only reason I can think of is perhaps Brainchip asked a favour of Mercedes? Purely speculative but I don’t know why Merc would release details of a new secret ingredient (Akida) to let other car manufacturers know about their competitive advantage.

Either way I am so glad they did disclose our tech!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Hi @Fact Finder
Something I have been pondering is why Mercedes let the world know they were using Akida when they have a strict NDA in place with Brainchip protecting this secret?

Wouldn’t it be in Mercedes best interest to have kept this under wraps until they release a vehicle containing this technology to the market?

The only reason I can think of is perhaps Brainchip asked a favour of Mercedes? Purely speculative but I don’t know why Merc would release details of a new secret ingredient (Akida) to let other car manufacturers know about their competitive advantage.

Something I have been pondering is why Mercedes let the world know they were using Akida when they have a strict NDA in place with Brainchip protecting this secret?”

This is precisely what I was unable to get my head around with my post last night.

Pantene

Reactions: 11 users

Damo4

Regular
Hi @Fact Finder

Without knowing the contents of the NDA, it's possible it relates more to the vehicle and it's included technology. Then the time came to promote the car, that aspect is no longer required to be kept a secret as they want it public.

My guess is any current NDAs with MB are more protective of the application/specifics than that of where it comes form.
I think hiding Akida is more of a by-product of the NDA than the reason itself.

Edit: I would however like to be wrong though! If the mere mention of Akida is enough to destroy initiative or a competitive edge that would be delightful

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Nice!

Former iPhone leader, Tony Fadell says the main reason he prefers Arm designs over alternatives is its focus on low power consumption. He also says Rene Haas convinced him to join Arm's board "because there's some very creative things they're working on," Fadell said. "I can't say anything more than that. But I'm very excited about the next chapter."

So am I Tony, so am I!

Former iPhone Leader Joins Arm to Bring More Chips Into Your Life​

Exclusive: Tony Fadell, former leader of Apple's iPod and iPhone projects, joins Arm's board to help it expand from smartphones into PCs, servers, cars and more.

Stephen Shankland

Nov. 3, 2022 9:13 a.m. PT

Tony Fadell speaks at the Web Summit technology conference

Tony Fadell, former iPhone leader and founder of thermostat maker Nest, speaks at Web Summit in 2014. At this year's conference, he's announcing he's joining the board of chip designer Arm.

Tony Fadell, who as the initial iPhone project leader arguably made one of the most important chip decisions in the technology business, joined the board of directors of Arm on Thursday to help the processor designer expand from smartphones to even more corners of our digital lives.
Fadell's push to use the Arm family of chips in the iPod and iPhone cemented Arm's position on the ground floor of the smartphone business. Arm processors are now penetrating the personal computer market thanks to Apple's M1 and M2 processors and data centers with chip designs like Amazon's Graviton.
In an exclusive interview, Fadell said he expects his experience designing complete products will help UK-based Arm steer its processor designs.
"I can bring a more system level mentality... I think about the end customer," said Fadell, now a principal at investment and consulting firm Build Collective, which until Thursday was named Future Shape. He understands how a chip combines with memory, power supplies, sensors and other components to make a full product, he said.
He joins Arm during a crucial time. The company hopes its processor designs will fuel a dramatic increase in the number and importance of digital devices in our lives. That'll show in devices like autonomous vehicles, smartwatches and security video cameras and in online services like the digital assistants built into smart speakers.
Fadell picked Arm chips for the iPod digital music players but had to push harder to use them in the iPhone since former Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs had favored Intel chips, Fadell said. After Apple, Fadell again picked Arm designs for thermostat maker Nest, a smart home product company he founded that Google later acquired.
The newly allied Arm Chief Executive Rene Haas and Fadell shared the stage Thursday at the Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal. "Tony's deep technical and product experience will be a great asset to myself and a fantastic complement to the board," Haas said in a statement.

Arm's core value: low power​

Arm designs are successful in phones, but the company is expanding aggressively to personal computers, servers, smart homes, internet-of-things devices and cars.
That expansion has done well so far, but Intel promises more competitive next-gen server and PC products, and a new RISC-V chip technology movement is exerting new pressure on Arm's position in smaller devices. At the same time, many new processing jobs like autonomous vehicles rely on artificial intelligence technology, and Arm's AIi accelerators are a weak point in its technology suite.
The biggest reason Fadell liked Arm designs over alternatives is its focus on low power consumption. Performance couldn't come at the cost of bad battery life. With power now a major constraint on PCs and servers too, Arm's low-power focus is even more important, Fadell said.
"Arm was the first processor to really be low power," Fadell said. "It was always the fundamental DNA of the Arm to make sure low power and performance were always kept in balance."

Arm after Nvidia's acquisition failure​

Arm licenses chip designs to companies like Qualcomm and technology to others like Apple who design their own processors. Graphics and AI chip giant Nvidia tried to acquire Arm for $40 billion from investor Softbank but abandoned the deal this year after regulatory resistance. Now Arm plans an initial public offering.
With the deal dead and Nvidia's funding gone, some have worried Arm has the resources to pursue its ambitions. Fadell himself shared those concerns and asked about them when Haas invited him to join, he said.
"He convinced me that I should join the board because there's some very creative things they're working on," Fadell said. "I can't say anything more than that. But I'm very excited about the next chapter."

First published on Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:00 a.m. PT

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
Hi @Fact Finder

Hi @DollazAndSense

I have two theories:

1. Remember late last year the CEO Sean Hehir said he was trying to convince a couple of EAPs to allow them to reveal they were working with Brainchip. Maybe he convinced Mercedes Benz???

2. I said in discussions here if I was Mercedes Benz selling luxury vehicles I would not want to give control over marketing to the guy who makes the cigarette lighter socket I use in the car.

The EQXX is clearly part of a transformative multi billion dollar reinvention of Mercedes Benz from luxury car maker to the leading electric autonomous intelligent personal transportation capsule maker of the 22nd Century.

The German car maker has a reputation for precision and planning not for knee jerk reactions.

Accordingly I do not think it likely that the slogan “A car that thinks like you” was just thrown out there by mistake.

I think it likely that the reveal of the EQXX and the “car that thinks like you” were always planned to coincide.

I think by only announcing the “Hey Mercedes” incorporating AKIDA as 5 to 10 times more efficient and at the same time dampening expectations with neuromorphic is in its early days and when deployed at scale they are deliberately feeding misinformation to their competitors.

In other words Mercedes Benz are running a slow burn marketing campaign evidenced by the recent poll as to which of these three amazing Mercedes Benz advances do you want to hear about first.

I personally don’t think Brainchip are in the loop as to when any further news will be released about AKIDA by Mercedes Benz but I earnestly believe if this is a correct theory it could happen at any time.

So for what it is worth those are my two theories and I probably lean towards the second more but have not written off the first.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Nice!

Former iPhone leader, Tony Fadell says the main reason he prefers Arm designs over alternatives is its focus on low power consumption. He also says Rene Haas convinced him to join Arm's board "because there's some very creative things they're working on," Fadell said. "I can't say anything more than that. But I'm very excited about the next chapter."

So am I Tony, so am I!

Former iPhone Leader Joins Arm to Bring More Chips Into Your Life​

Exclusive: Tony Fadell, former leader of Apple's iPod and iPhone projects, joins Arm's board to help it expand from smartphones into PCs, servers, cars and more.

Stephen Shankland

Nov. 3, 2022 9:13 a.m. PT

Tony Fadell speaks at the Web Summit technology conference

Tony Fadell, former iPhone leader and founder of thermostat maker Nest, speaks at Web Summit in 2014. At this year's conference, he's announcing he's joining the board of chip designer Arm.

Tony Fadell, who as the initial iPhone project leader arguably made one of the most important chip decisions in the technology business, joined the board of directors of Arm on Thursday to help the processor designer expand from smartphones to even more corners of our digital lives.
Fadell's push to use the Arm family of chips in the iPod and iPhone cemented Arm's position on the ground floor of the smartphone business. Arm processors are now penetrating the personal computer market thanks to Apple's M1 and M2 processors and data centers with chip designs like Amazon's Graviton.
In an exclusive interview, Fadell said he expects his experience designing complete products will help UK-based Arm steer its processor designs.
"I can bring a more system level mentality... I think about the end customer," said Fadell, now a principal at investment and consulting firm Build Collective, which until Thursday was named Future Shape. He understands how a chip combines with memory, power supplies, sensors and other components to make a full product, he said.
He joins Arm during a crucial time. The company hopes its processor designs will fuel a dramatic increase in the number and importance of digital devices in our lives. That'll show in devices like autonomous vehicles, smartwatches and security video cameras and in online services like the digital assistants built into smart speakers.
Fadell picked Arm chips for the iPod digital music players but had to push harder to use them in the iPhone since former Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs had favored Intel chips, Fadell said. After Apple, Fadell again picked Arm designs for thermostat maker Nest, a smart home product company he founded that Google later acquired.
The newly allied Arm Chief Executive Rene Haas and Fadell shared the stage Thursday at the Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal. "Tony's deep technical and product experience will be a great asset to myself and a fantastic complement to the board," Haas said in a statement.

Arm's core value: low power​

Arm designs are successful in phones, but the company is expanding aggressively to personal computers, servers, smart homes, internet-of-things devices and cars.
That expansion has done well so far, but Intel promises more competitive next-gen server and PC products, and a new RISC-V chip technology movement is exerting new pressure on Arm's position in smaller devices. At the same time, many new processing jobs like autonomous vehicles rely on artificial intelligence technology, and Arm's AIi accelerators are a weak point in its technology suite.
The biggest reason Fadell liked Arm designs over alternatives is its focus on low power consumption. Performance couldn't come at the cost of bad battery life. With power now a major constraint on PCs and servers too, Arm's low-power focus is even more important, Fadell said.
"Arm was the first processor to really be low power," Fadell said. "It was always the fundamental DNA of the Arm to make sure low power and performance were always kept in balance."

Arm after Nvidia's acquisition failure​

Arm licenses chip designs to companies like Qualcomm and technology to others like Apple who design their own processors. Graphics and AI chip giant Nvidia tried to acquire Arm for $40 billion from investor Softbank but abandoned the deal this year after regulatory resistance. Now Arm plans an initial public offering.
With the deal dead and Nvidia's funding gone, some have worried Arm has the resources to pursue its ambitions. Fadell himself shared those concerns and asked about them when Haas invited him to join, he said.
"He convinced me that I should join the board because there's some very creative things they're working on," Fadell said. "I can't say anything more than that. But I'm very excited about the next chapter."

First published on Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:00 a.m. PT

The following extract is where it gets interesting for my money:

“At the same time, many new processing jobs like autonomous vehicles rely on artificial intelligence technology, and Arm's AIi accelerators are a weak point in its technology suite.

Brainchip and AKIDA technology seem to answer all these issues???

By the way ARM NN is the existing ARM accelerator solution for Ai which has proven to be the weak point in its technology suite.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Back To The Future Film GIF

Into the 50 cent range again!?!?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Zedjack33

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Cardpro

Regular
Hmm I find it surprising how positive everyone is when shareprice is below 60 cents...

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
Hmm I find it surprising how positive everyone is when shareprice is below 60 cents...
Switch off and focus on things within our control maybe? Like talking about the tech etc

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Dhm

Regular
We have all read, or at least glanced at the article about Qualcomm’s Snapdragon tech being utilised in future Mercedes Benz cockpits. And we all know that MB’s announcement sent our share price soaring earlier this year.
so QED doesn’t this give us proof of partnership?

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...ualcomm-collaborate-to-power--upcoming-merced

@Falling Knife and @charles2 both gave great contributions on the Qualcomm thread but we seem to be using phrases like if, and hopefully, and maybe.

So where are we in our belief that Qualcomm Snapdragon and Brainchip are definitely connected. I think it HAS TO BE, but I am interested in your thoughts. And does that make Qualcomm an NDA?

By the way, there is an enviable list of car makers that use Qualcomm.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Cardpro

Regular
Switch off and focus on things within our control maybe? Like talking about the tech etc
Kinda difficult as the price has been going down for ages

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom