BRN Discussion Ongoing

S

Straw

Indeed, and may they rot in hell. 🤣
High frequency trading purgatory?
Eternally stuck at the very end, of the end, of the end of the wires connected to the ASX blood sucker box

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Mugen74

Regular

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
A single short position can be multiplied in theory to infinity.

I part explained this yesterday:

1. Short A approaches Institution B and borrows 12 million shares.

2. Short A approaches Institution C and sells the borrowed 12 million shares off market as a Cross Trade to Institution C.

3. Short D approaches Institution C and borrows those same 12 million shares.

4. Short D approaches Institution E and sells those 12 million shares off market in a cross trade to Institution E.

5. Short F approaches Institution E. and borrows those 12 million shares.

So at transaction 5. the original 12 million shares have opened 36 million short positions that need to be bought back.

This type of activity is what can create the necessity to manipulate inexperienced retail with fear into panicked selling to create sufficient liquidity to buy back positions without creating a squeeze.

This is where they join together with a common purpose to infiltrate social media, the press and the financial advice industry to scalp the unsuspecting retail holder.

I have said before in my opinion retail do not have what is necessary to play in the shark pool so the only way to survive is stay out of the water, do your own research, have a plan and let time in the market work it’s magic.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is why in my opinion shorting the market should be completely illegal.

For example if I rent a car from Hertz I cannot sell that car to someone else. So why is this scumbag activity allowed with shares?

It's fake sell volume. Don't forget that important fact.

Anyone that actively shorts the market (specifically individual companies and targeting retail investors) is a scumbag and I make absolutely no apologies for making that statement either.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
S

Straw

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
A single short position can be multiplied in theory to infinity.

I part explained this yesterday:

1. Short A approaches Institution B and borrows 12 million shares.

2. Short A approaches Institution C and sells the borrowed 12 million shares off market as a Cross Trade to Institution C.

3. Short D approaches Institution C and borrows those same 12 million shares.

4. Short D approaches Institution E and sells those 12 million shares off market in a cross trade to Institution E.

5. Short F approaches Institution E. and borrows those 12 million shares.

So at transaction 5. the original 12 million shares have opened 36 million short positions that need to be bought back.

This type of activity is what can create the necessity to manipulate inexperienced retail with fear into panicked selling to create sufficient liquidity to buy back positions without creating a squeeze.

This is where they join together with a common purpose to infiltrate social media, the press and the financial advice industry to scalp the unsuspecting retail holder.

I have said before in my opinion retail do not have what is necessary to play in the shark pool so the only way to survive is stay out of the water, do your own research, have a plan and let time in the market work it’s magic.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Charlie Munger says: 'you don’t make money when you buy a stock, you don’t make money when you sell a stock, you make money by being patient and you make money by waiting'. Waiting for the right pitch, and then waiting for that pitch to kind of mature and develop. The single most important skill set that you can bring to value investing is patience. You have to have a temperament where you're very happy watching paint dry. I would say that is the most difficult thing for investors and you can trade lot of IQ points for patience. You don’t need a lot of IQ points but you need a lot of patience. That’s the piece that usually gets missed." Mohnish Pabrai

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
...well at least some very bad karma. Imploded schemes would be very satisfying.
I may have let my passion momentarily overwhelm me and apologise if any have taken offence.
I will take advantage of their risk taking as it is the only way I have to make lemonade from their behaviour.
However, I would much prefer this manipulative crap didn't occur complicating our companies growth and applying this additional artificial pressure. Beyond the mere acquisition of wealth, which in my view may be regarded as secondary, our company is trying to add something of benefit to this world, and to the degree that they are successful, these shorter's are impeding that end.
The companies job, birthing this new and advantageous technology is already difficult enough, without this added complication merely to satisfy some low life's greed. It indeed would be apt for some news or announcement to drop out of the blue, (such as the Mercede's Benz blockbuster in January), right about now, catching them exposed and in a cascade heading in the other direction.
Would indeed be gratifying to see them hoisted upon the petard of their own making.
Other than that, like any other honest shareholder, I just want to see our Company grow, and my stake with it.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Here is something to think about!
Argo Ai shut down 4 days ago. Most news outlets headlines alluded to its demise as the end of self driving cars.
Ford was part owner of Argo and Ford is linked to BRN.
Could it be by dint of association that BRN was tainted with the same brush as Argo.
BRN's sell down has been extreme, unwavering and beyond rational.
If the above is correct, a possible press release by BRN distancing themselves from ARGO AI could be a master stroke.
I really think you are right:

"Last week, the story broke that Argo AI is shutting down:

The AV/robotaxi startup co-owned by Volkswagen and Ford will be partially resorbed into the two OEMs' ADAS teams, as both of them seemingly abandon their Level 4 efforts in favor of better L2/L3 systems for consumer vehicles.

Suddenly, a lot of voices in the industry dared utter the 'forbidden question' - is autonomous driving going to fail? Sort of yes, but also no. Let's dive into a number of news items from this month which are all very much connected to each other and to answering that question:....."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Hi all, a challenging period for sure.

Whilst I love a conspiracy as much as the next person it seems pretty clear to me that the price response is a natural reaction to the decrease in perceived product value. At this stage of development the market cap includes significant speculative value which is simply being eroded by an impatient and volatile market. Traders have built positions on this basis forever and will not revert until a series of events occur to shift projections. The old adage ‘if you are not bullish you’re bearish’ is very relevant here.

Let’s see what comes. Over to you BrainChip.

Cheers.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Charlie Munger says: 'you don’t make money when you buy a stock, you don’t make money when you sell a stock, you make money by being patient and you make money by waiting'. Waiting for the right pitch, and then waiting for that pitch to kind of mature and develop. The single most important skill set that you can bring to value investing is patience. You have to have a temperament where you're very happy watching paint dry. I would say that is the most difficult thing for investors and you can trade lot of IQ points for patience. You don’t need a lot of IQ points but you need a lot of patience. That’s the piece that usually gets missed." Mohnish Pabrai
“To lose patience is to lose the battle.”

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
S

Straw

Whilst I love a conspiracy as much as the next person it seems pretty clear to me that the price response is a natural reaction to the decrease in perceived product value. At this stage of development the market cap includes significant speculative value which is simply being eroded by an impatient and volatile market. Traders have built positions on this basis forever and will not revert until a series of events occur to shift projections. The old adage ‘if you are not bullish you’re bearish’ is very relevant here.

Cheers.
I'm not sure I'd describe genuine concerns over shorting activity/clear SP manipulation on a daily basis as a conspiracy theory.
Maybe the impatient (and/or overextended and/or shorting) people who dumped their shares don't understand the versatility of the company's IP
or maybe they do.
And if you're not bullish or bearish? Simply confident (separate to daily fluctuations in the SP) the company is being run well and has a fantastic product to offer.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Cheers.
Perhaps we need to explain Brainchip to ASX customers in the terms of the mining stocks:
Measured;
Indicated;
Inferred.

Measured = Akida 1000 -

Capabilities: digital SNN inference, N-of-M coding, on-chip learning, Meta TF, CNN2SNN

Measured Uses: Image classification, LiDaR, DVS, key-word spotting, VOC classification; vibration analysis, beer tasting ...

Measured Customers/Partners: MegaChips, Renesas, ARM, nViso, Sifive, Biotome, NaNose, Mercedes, Ford, Magik Eye, Valeo, NASA and friends, Vorago, ISL, Prophesee, Edge Impulse, DUTH,

Indicated = LSTM - movement prediction; collision avoidance,

Inferred = neural cortex ...

Inferred customers/Partners: TATA, MOSChips, Intellisense*, ...

*NASA SBIR: Proposal Number: 21-1- H6.22-1743
Subtopic Title: Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In-Space Autonomy and Cognition
"Phase II, the NECR algorithms will be further matured, implemented on commercial off-the-shelf neuromorphic computing hardware, and then integrated with radio frequency (RF) modules and radiation-hardened packaging into a Phase II working prototype device."

Other assets: Patents, BrainChip University (Carnegie Mellon, Arizona State University ... )

Hopefully the 1000 eyes can audit this to make sure it is JORC compliant.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Cheers.
So your hypothesis is that the "decrease in perceived product value" was an instantaneous response to the 4C?

Any shareholder who had been paying attention would know that:
Sean advised that income would be lumpy;
the nature of BRN's business is licensing Akida IP;
the report from the 3 months previous announced significant licence fees;
it takes several months to design verify, tape-out, and manufacture chips, and
this hiatus between the signing of a licence and the production of the chip explains the difference between income in the consecutive reports.

Who polices investing without due care and attention? Mr Market, I hear you say.

Mr Market is a bit of a martinet, and certainly not "firm but fair" ... well, truth to tell, Mr Market is in the pocket of the big boys.

So, yes, those who sold (other than the manipulators - yes, that's right, I don't think the manipulators had a day off on Friday out of sympathy for the mum and dad investors) probably did perceive a decrease in the value of the market for Akida.

Do I have sympathy for those retail investors who sold?
Yes, I do. They have been forced into the hands of the ASX because leaving money in the bank would have eroded the value of their capital, money which they had earned by the sweat of their brow(s).

The shorters of those 12 million odd short shares bought on Friday probably doubled their money or more, and did no one any good except themselves.

Let's hope that the inquiry into ASIC give the regulator real teeth.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

goodvibes

Regular

From German car magazine

Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
BrainChip's Todd Vierra, Director Customer Engagement presented a regression demo using vibration analysis and predictive maintenance for smart infrastructure at

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Feel for those having a hard time with their investment at the moment. Things I like to do to help keep my mine off it is look for other investments. Without trying to cross promote too much RLF might be worth a look for some.

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

VictorG

Has it been posted before,

I think this is a contributing factor for BRN being oversold. Have a look at the attachment from Sirod69's post 177532 in particular the share price of all the companies in the self driving cars segment.

Reactions: 7 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Violin1

Regular
I have been buying and not sold any.
If the price continues to fall I will buy more.
I believe in the Company and the product.
What other people do is their business.
GLTAH
Me too.

Reactions: 9 users

Cardpro

Regular
I think this is a contributing factor for BRN being oversold. Have a look at the attachment from Sirod69's post 177532 in particular the share price of all the companies in the self driving cars segment.
Given management has announced 2020 that they are evaluating Akida for the adas & autonomous vehicle applications, I assume they are still evaluating given there was no further announcements relating to ford...

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom