BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Back in 1996, Sony launched its first consumer digital camera, the DSC-F1. It had one-third of a Megapixel, four megabytes of built-in memory, a 1.8-inch screen, and a lens housing that could rotate 180 degrees for comfortable waist-level shooting or selfies. What a beast this new one is, love it.:love:
8:30 into this review. Amazing object detection. In this case, bees. Looks very familiar.

1666929809806.png

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Iseki

Regular
Can anyone tell if if it's true that amazon, intel, meta etc etc are all down 20% this week?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Milo

They never said that about end of 21. Sean specifically said watch the financials at the AGM this year. Stop dribbling rubbish.
I was not referring to what Sean said but BRN as a company. More specifically to what former CEO said. Thanks to FF we have this record.
At least the former CEO had the decency to give a company update once in a while.

2022-10-28_14-38-22.png

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Tezza

Regular
Just looked at the sp for the first time today. I don't think mid strength beer will cut it today. Need to find some more money.

Reactions: 5 users
I haven't lost any money today at all.............because I haven't sold any shares

View attachment 20438
Yes I thought about loosing some money too but then decided not too.

Now if someone will answer my question and post a link I may regret that decision but with each passing hour it looks like the only reason the price has dropped is because of the lumpy revenue that was predicted by the CEO has now occurred.

I feel very sorry for the CEO Sean Hehir.

Damned when he does and damned when he doesn't.

If he had not told shareholders that revenue was going to be lumpy so they could make provision for when it occurred he would have been the worst CEO in the history of the world.

He tells everyone that revenue will be lumpy and what he predicted occurs and he gets called out as the worst CEO in history of the world for not preventing it.

For goodness sake by telling shareholders that this was going to happen he was admitting that a lumpy revenue stream was inevitable and unable to be prevented when selling IP as a wholesaler in the semiconductor space.

Ask yourself when did you expect the lump to occur in ten years time or during one or more of the quarters between when the CEO stated it would be lumpy and when he asked to be judged at the 2023 AGM.

Some people just like to play the victim and blame everyone else for their decisions by denying the truth of the Facts that they were given to manage their own affairs.

The CEO Sean Hehir predicted this therefore he told you the truth.

A truthful CEO what a bummer. Why can't we have a CEO like the one that GetSwift had who makes up false and misleading statements to pump the share price so he and his mates can sell the bounce.

Today's over reaction is because so called investors do not do their own research and when something they did not understand or take the time to find out about occurs they panic and play into the hands of the manipulators. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Anyone claiming to be surprised by the lumpy revenue needs to accept that Brainchip tells the truth.

Good, bad or indifferent it tells the truth.

This is not like other companies spin does not take place.

The closest thing to spin is left to the sales team who each day try to find new superlatives to described AKIDA technology.

My opinion only but if you go back and then think logically at least one 4C had to produce a lumpy result but DYOR or not which is much easier.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

VictorG

Can anyone tell if if it's true that amazon, intel, meta etc etc are all down 20% this week?
I know Meta was down 24% after close and Jim Cramer apologized for recommending it as strong buy.

The Jim Cramer Curse - META.PNG

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
64C04F40-E941-4D73-B8FD-6A6EDEAB6D2E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
dinner

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Rskiff

Regular

Now if someone will answer my question and post a link I may regret that decision but with each passing hour it looks like the only reason the price has dropped is because of the lumpy revenue that was predicted by the CEO has now occurred.

If he had not told shareholders that revenue was going to be lumpy so they could make provision for when it occurred he would have been the worst CEO in the history of the world.

He tells everyone that revenue will be lumpy and what he predicted occurs and he gets called out as the worst CEO in history of the world for not preventing it.

For goodness sake by telling shareholders that this was going to happen he was admitting that a lumpy revenue stream was inevitable and unable to be prevented when selling IP as a wholesaler in the semiconductor space.

Ask yourself when did you expect the lump to occur in ten years time or during one or more of the quarters between when the CEO stated it would be lumpy and when he asked to be judged at the 2023 AGM.

Some people just like to play the victim and blame everyone else for their decisions by denying the truth of the Facts that they were given to manage their own affairs.

A truthful CEO what a bummer. Why can't we have a CEO like the one that GetSwift had who makes up false and misleading statements to pump the share price so he and his mates can sell the bounce.

Today's over reaction is because so called investors do not do their own research and when something they did not understand or take the time to find out about occurs they panic and play into the hands of the manipulators. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Anyone claiming to be surprised by the lumpy revenue needs to accept that Brainchip tells the truth.

The closest thing to spin is left to the sales team who each day try to find new superlatives to described AKIDA technology.

My opinion only but if you go back and then think logically at least one 4C had to produce a lumpy result but DYOR or not which is much easier.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
@Fact Finder totally agree with what you say, but what I find concerning is revenue $100k div by 12 weeks div by 40 hours equates to $208, so if only 1 engineer was charged out $208 per hour , or 2 per hour $104..........see what I am getting at, not much engineering being charged.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
I was not referring to what Sean said but BRN as a company. More specifically to what former CEO said. Thanks to FF we have this record.
At least the former CEO had the decency to give a company update once in a while.

View attachment 20441
Taking point 7. you need to include the table which shows income growth commencing second half 2022.

This table is part of the AGM presentation as part of the Acting CEO Peter van der Made's presentation.

Since that table the company has altered direction to become solely an IP supplier no longer engaged with chip production except for producing reference chips for the purpose of demonstrating the IP.

It should be noted as well that as to the final paragraph we have since then added a hot war between Ukraine and Russia. Global acts of economic and cyber terrorism from cutting gas supply lines at source and under the sea and hacking nation states to cause disruption.

We have also had an escalation of the Cold War between China and the USA.

Rapidly rising interest rates and inflation in the USA and extremely difficult circumstances in Europe caused by the Russian invasion and sanctions imposed as well as lets say some uncertainty in the UK across every aspect of economic and political life.

With these qualifications I adopt my prior post in June, 2021 as accurate.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Tezza

Regular

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I agree with most of what you said ff, however maybe he shouldn't have said look to the financials at the end of 2022 early 23, it is almost November. Saying that, i will try some type of juggling act to come up with some cash to purchase extra next week.

P.s love your work.

Reactions: 8 users

Lex555

Regular
Current ASX darlings PLS in early 2020 was in a similar position to BRN. It actually went from over $1 to $0.17, before a meteoric lithium rise to a recent high of $5.42 and MC over $16bn.

I sold after the first recovery leg up. This smells the same, and I won’t be making the same mistake again.

AE84E050-57EA-42CD-998B-A266366B56E5.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

KKFoo

Regular
I read the 4C, it says that the cash receipt is 118k, how about the revenue, it never mentioned anything, does it mean no revenue?

@Fact Finder totally agree with what you say, but what I find concerning is revenue $100k div by 12 weeks div by 40 hours equates to $208, so if only 1 engineer was charged out $208 per hour , or 2 per hour $104..........see what I am getting at, not much engineering being charged.
Well lets think about what has been announced:

1. ARM, Prophesee, Si Five, Nviso and Edge Impulse all partners not EAPs. As such engineering is I suspect contributed equally by both partners.

2. NASA we were told by Peter van der Made that they are well up to speed and only limited support is required.

3.Valeo again require little engineering support now if any and I suspect the same goes for Ford.

4.Then we have MEGACHIPS they set up a team of engineers who were trained by Brainchip so that Brainchip was not required in any intensive sense.

5. Renesas they too are one of the sophisticated customers who have their own engineering and would now be well grounded in the technology and not require assistance.

6. Mercedes Benz obviously was relying upon Brainchip and they have said they are still working with Mercedes Benz so I would think most of the engineering charge out is with Mercedes Benz assuming they are paying and are not considered as partners the same as 1. above.

I would have thought that the five companies at point 1, Mercedes Benz together with the final engineering design of AKIDA 2.0 would well and truly keep the Brainchip engineers awake at night but would not generate a great deal of income.

So $100,000 in engineering from diverse other unidentified parties seems reasonable.

Indeed when you go back to the earlier presentations of the CEO Sean Hehir and Rob Telson when he was sales part of the idea of going IP only was so that the sales leads could be passed on to the partners like MEGACHIPS and Edge Impulse to flesh out the product design and cover any issues with the proper application of the technology. This is how a total staff number of around 100 at Brainchip is going to be sufficient going forward.

I should throw this in as I just recalled it. In the presentation by Doug the CEO at MEGACHIPS US he stated that they will be looking at designing producing a chip based on AKIDA IP for those less sophisticated customers who do not want to undertake the process for themselves and will offer these chips off the shelf. This is the full extension of the plan envisaged by Brainchip where all they do like ARM is supply the IP and no engineering except for the occasional consult with the sophisticated partner will be required.

My opinion only I could be wrong so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I would like to stress that disappointment to the 4C is a fair and valid reaction however, with lumpy being a very vague term. Who knew this past quarter was going to be THIS bad?

In any case, those who sold out today from a position of panic will be kicking themselves later, I am sure of it.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
My fingers are crossed that in the coming weeks that the company can pull a rabbit out of the hat
Or a Hehir out of their ass

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Vanman1100

Regular
Didn’t this happen last year?’
Sat at 50-60 cents for a few months then something happened and we dipped to 35cents
Then Mercedes’ in January spike to 2.30.

Reactions: 10 users

SiDEvans

Regular

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
What shape is this people? Lumpy right.
This has appeared in multiple presentations by BRN in various forums. Look at the date. June 21. They have continued to use this image since then. It is the visual representation of the CEO’s words.
Does it look like an exponential upward projection of revenue? Not to me.
What has happened in the 4C is 100% consistent with this graphic.
Everyone who was expecting anything different should read more before investing in a company like BRN. Anyone selling because of this 4C did not understand what they had bought into.

40C82709-A403-4E90-A8D1-E61F933D8E71.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Slade

Top 20
For anyone who has written a negative post and vented their anger I accept your action and understand your frustration. If you have written two or three anger fuelled posts then so be it. But if you still aren’t done then I hope you can appreciate that as an investor in BrainChip’s long term future I really can’t read your posts anymore.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 40 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
THIS IS ALL I CAN DO
NOTHING MORE I CAN SELL TO TOP UP IN THIS MONTH.

CHEER UP EVERYONE!!
Screenshot_20221028-160346_CommSec.jpg

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom