BRN Discussion Ongoing

@Proga I've spoken to people before about e-superfund. Not pushing their barrow but if you are interested send me a message and I'll give you more info.
Yep I use esuper as well. One simple checklist each year and it's all done for you for less than $1K

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
To all the disappointed investors who have been crying here because after a year of rolling out a revolutionary new technology on the world market, there are still no continuously rising revenues in the millions: Are you now happy to have made the shorters rich? Such a lament here yesterday...
Who has benefited from it? Thanks to the many disappointed who did not get what they wanted, namely product development cycles of less than a year, we are now roughly back where I started. As if nothing had happened in the last year. Am I supposed to thank you for that, you faithful technology understanders? I am new to this sector. I have an idea of how long it takes to bring a product to market and also how long it takes for something completely new. And this is new to the world. But now we know who is just spouting big pithy words and shitting their trousers in fear. We will conquer the world's chip production in one year...
A deadly serious tip from me is to buy some Metaverse, which also wants to conquer the world. Go over there so I don't have to read any more of this whining.
Shorter's cheerleaders.
Yes, but...😢
Idiots

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Moonshot

Regular
Painful day. Just no buyers today because of the bad 4c. When you are getting low ball offers on your house because of market conditions do you sell? No, you hold on till you find a buyer that appreciates the value of your asset.

There will be a flood of buyers when we have traction or market conditions change and the value of the company is better understood. Whether that’s tomorrow or next month or 2024. You don’t lose unless you sell.

That said, I’m starting out on the scotch tonight. Stay positive and as Gen Z say HODL!

Reactions: 14 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Was having a look at the recent TinyML conference which we know Anil was at for the Sept one.

This one is the EMEA Oct one and noticed that one of our Engineers was doing a Demo / Poster as below fwiw as not sure if posted before.

Demos & Posters
Exploiting activation sparsity for easy model optimization in the Akida processor
Sébastien CROUZET, R&D Engineer, Brainchip

Abstract (English)

Neuromorphic processors offer high processing efficiency, but at the cost of an apparent technical barrier for the new user. BrainChip’s Akida processor mitigates this obstacle by running standard convolutional neural networks, and by offering transparent and performant quantization and lossless conversion methods. Neuromorphic efficiency is retained because the event–based processor can exploit the sparsity (high number of zero–values) inherently present in CNN activation maps.

Nonetheless, selection and optimization of models to target Akida (or indeed, any dedicated hardware) can seem daunting without expert knowledge. Here we show that i) by applying simple off–the–shelf optimization techniques, such as regularization and pruning, we can significantly accelerate inference at minimal reduction to accuracy; ii) applying these techniques provides a powerful lever to manipulate the speed/accuracy trade–off according to task requirement; iii) this in turn reduces the requirement to maintain an extensive library of pretrained models to cover a range of task complexities – instead, a handful of pretrained models allows a continuum of final model sizes.

[Method] We select a representative and well–known benchmark task, visual wakewords (VWW), starting from a tiny–ML relevant solution, MobileNet V1, alpha=0.25 (as per the tinyML Perf benchmark). We use a transfer learning–based pipeline, with imagenet pretraining, and quantization of both weights and activations to 4–bits (first layer 8–bit weights), 5 epochs of fine tuning on VWW. We test 2 techniques to optimize performance on our hardware: i) activity regularization added during training (mix of L1 and L2 loss), testing model accuracy and sparsity as a function of the amplitude of regularization ii) structured pruning (whole filters), using a well–known metric for filter selection (batch
normalization gamma). We first test the “prunability” of each layer individually by evaluating model accuracy (without re–training) as a function of % filters pruned. We then test several pruning strategies for the whole model (fixed % accuracy loss per layer; targeted pruning of the high–cost layers; …).

[Results] We first introduce a minor network optimization from the original MobileNet based on known properties of Akida: for low filter numbers (<=64), the efficient implementation of standard convolutional layers in Akida means that they run as fast as an equivalently sized separable convolution, while offering a moderately increased representational capacity and thus accuracy. Specifically, the first 3 separable conv layers of MobileNet v1 are swapped for standard conv layers, forming what we will call “AkidaNet”. With quantization at 4–bits, and using the alpha=0.25 network, we obtain a baseline accuracy of 83.3% on the VWW validation set, with single–sample (batch–size = 1) processing rate of 66 FPS (latency 15.15 ms). Applying a combination of regularization and pruning to optimize this model, we can accelerate processing to 133 FPS while maintaining >80% accuracy. We then test optimization from larger starting models (alpha=0.5 or even 1.0) and find that we can reduce models sufficiently to achieve processing rates similar to the baseline, but with higher accuracy (a=0.5, 84.1% acc. at 84 FPS; a=1.0, 84.8% acc. at 69 FPS)

Also see that TDK InvenSense playing with minimal Bit Weight Quantization as well.

Towards Universal 1-bit Weight Quantization of Neural Networks with end-to-end deployment on ultra-low power sensors

Le MINH TRI, Ph.D. student in deep learning, TDK InvenSense

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Kachoo

Regular
@Fact Finder totally agree with what you say, but what I find concerning is revenue $100k div by 12 weeks div by 40 hours equates to $208, so if only 1 engineer was charged out $208 per hour , or 2 per hour $104..........see what I am getting at, not much engineering being charged.
Sometimes there are project that have lump some payments and the support is free. You have to remember that this tech is really new to many. That said I will say when BRN give employees shares for milestones what merit are they based on I wish revenue was a measure to pay out employees too. But I don't know there contracts either. Disappointed yes.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

EOD slightly wider view to engage the bottom possible supp zones.

1666939165582.png

Reactions: 10 users

jtardif999

Regular
Absolutely mate. I think I'm just more frustrated that the shorters are sitting there with a smug look on their face.
Don’t be frustrated, think of it as an opportunity the shorters are providing you with to buy at a down down price 😎

Reactions: 5 users

KKFoo

Regular
The revenue could be plenty later on in the quarter but not recieved yed. The 4 c this is purely cash. My concern was 2.5 to 3.5 in debtors (at least 2 .5) was not collected, and hence my email yesterday to the co, when the half yearly stated 90 day max expected terms, ie most of it shouldve been collected. But as i acknowledged to tony in my email he probably has a lot of emails to deal with so im not expecting a response in the short term. When i get one i will let u all know. I think that part deserves an explanation and theres no way that can breach a fkn nda... how hard to say we have not collected x dollars by 30 sept, but we have subsequently received it. Or if it was longer than 90 day terms, disclose that in the half yearly. That is what is pissing me off and must be addressed. As i stated previously i wish all companies were forced to release quarterly accrual accounts along with the 4cs, but never going to happen.
Thanks Xhosa,
If I have read your explanation correctly that means on quarter ending Sept there might be new revenue but not reported yet as the 4 C only reports cash receipt and not the revenue. If that is the case I think it is not an issue for me, my only concern is there is no revenue during that quarter.

Reactions: 1 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Once again I read the news and knew these things were occurring in the semiconductor space and have posted for months about how even though Brainchip was playing in this industry it had the advantage of:

1. Not carrying any debt;

2. Not carrying inventory because it sells IP that fits in a filing cabinet or on a memory stick;

3. It has cash and guaranteed further cash from LDA Capital and an offer to further extend the agreement if Brainchip wants to do so;

4. A product in AKIDA IP which can be added to existing semiconductors of the customer dramatically improving performance and energy consumption;

5. A product in the form of IP which can be priced to suit market conditions as it in essence has no ongoing cost of production;

6. A market place where automotive and other industries are being required to cut energy use by 2030 under legislative mandates which make AKIDA IP attractive.

So if it was the CEO Sean Hehir’s statement that

"Extended evaluations, decreased budgets, delayed introduction of new technology, these conditions have created a headwind"

which caused todays collapse how is it that I alone in all the world already knew and posted about it.

I must live in an echo chamber and receive messages that no one else does from the Fourth Estate.

Once again all I can say is that those who did not already know these things should actually do their own research.

Perhaps as pompous as it sounds even read my posts.

What the CEO Sean Hehir said was old news publicly available to every shareholder for many months.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
@Fact Finder is it possible for you to channel the Fourth Estate my way, it would make my life so much easier.:p

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

KKFoo

Regular
Thanks Xhosa,
If I have read your explanation correctly that means on quarter ending Sept there might be new revenue but not reported yet as the 4 C only reports cash receipt and not the revenue. If that is the case I think it is not an issue for me, my only concern is there is no revenue during that quarter.
On the other hand, can Brainchip put in the revenue in the 4C if they wish to do so?

Don’t be frustrated, think of it as an opportunity the shorters are providing you with to buy at a down down price 😎
Yak 52 would tear you another asshole for that comment 🔥Anyway hard to stay positive for the time being. But chin up for those who are feeling it hard. Take a look around you and be grateful for what you have, loving family, good health. In the end that's all that matters.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Violin1

Regular
Yep I use esuper as well. One simple checklist each year and it's all done for you for less than $1K
They are getting slower year by year and because Commsec won't provide direct access to account info then you do a little bit more coding now but they are efficient, cost-effective and their help info is really good. Don't expect to talk to anyone though - you need to be able to follow instructions on your own to do the coding. I'll continue using them on experience over a few years so far.

Zedjack33

Regular
Someone has faith. 👍🏿

Attachments

• A317D3B0-1AE2-444B-BFC8-05A345EEF58A.jpeg
    A317D3B0-1AE2-444B-BFC8-05A345EEF58A.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Hang in there mate ❤️
Hey it really is only a number at the moment. I am not selling so makes no a great deal of difference, unless the BRN team have stuffed up completely then I will start to get concerned maybe even crap myself , but until that can be confirmed I will hold very tight.
2025 is looking very positive

• Love

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Painful day. Just no buyers today because of the bad 4c. When you are getting low ball offers on your house because of market conditions do you sell? No, you hold on till you find a buyer that appreciates the value of your asset.

There will be a flood of buyers when we have traction or market conditions change and the value of the company is better understood. Whether that’s tomorrow or next month or 2024. You don’t lose unless you sell.

That said, I’m starting out on the scotch tonight. Stay positive and as Gen Z say HODL!
Wish I was a zoomer. Have a good night and remember to stay out of trouble;)

JK200SX

Regular
The share price dropped 0.18c after the quarterly at the end of July also, but it picked up again.

I remember attending a Peter Thornehill seminar quite a few years ago and a comment he made has stuck in my head. The comment was along the lines of, "the market(share price) reacts rationally in a perfectly irrational way...". The SP drop today was purely based on fear, nothing else. The fundamentals of the company have only improved over time. The same goes when the the SP rockets astronomically over a short period of time, and that is fuelled by greed.

Below I've attached a few of my screenshots of the BRN SP over the years. If you can link all of these daily extreme price changes to "material" changes or price sensitive announcements from the company then you probably should be on this forum - perhaps you should get a job at BRN HQ:)

1666939793454.png

1666939848493.png

1666939884176.png

1666939925042.png

1666939967541.png

1666939999461.png

1666940036251.png

1666940080086.png

1666940123720.png

1666940166254.png

Its all good, and we've invested in a great company that will deliver!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Love

KKFoo

Regular
Motley Fools just said the quarterly revenue is 118k,are they mixing up cash receipt as revenue on purpose to mislead people? Can anybody comment on that?

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hey it really is only a number at the moment. I am not selling so makes no a great deal of difference, unless the BRN team have stuffed up completely then I will start to get concerned maybe even crap myself , but until that can be confirmed I will hold very tight.
2025 is looking very positive

I can tell you "get it". Well done to you and your conviction. 100% agree that 2025 is looking positive.

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom