BRN Discussion Ongoing

Or another option, it can detect when there’s "movement at the station" (so to speak) and it texts your wife / partner that she should open a bottle of wine, draw the shades and put on some Barry White.:love:

Barry White Flirting GIF
Classic 👍

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
This post is a good reminder from half yearlys which showed $4,8m revenue, and receivables at $3.4m, so my money is around $3m cash receipts for 4C
Look at the note to the receivables. Realisticly closer to 2-2.5m

cassip

Regular
Shareholder about Akida:

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

I must say in the next few years the major leaps in technology is really going to be mind-blowing.

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Not sure if this has been shared as yet?

Hi @Bobbygrant
I am pretty sure everyone would have seen this interview before but that does not diminish its value.

Those who have read my posts over a few years know that I am fond of doing retrospectives as it is always the case that when I revisit past interviews, presentations and releases hindsight comes into play and the significance of things that I previously missed now stand out like neon signs.

In this interview towards the end the CEO Sean Hehir speaks about understanding customer requirements and how when power is not an issue they can tailor their offering and go toe to toe with other solutions taking advantage of AKIDA’s flexibility to scale.

This statement put me in mind of Rob Lincourt from DELL Technologies statement in the Brainchip podcast that what they were doing with AKIDA was seeing just how far it could scale.

Which put me in mind of Anil Mankar’s statement that they were being benchmarked against a GPU and it was coming up favourable to AKIDA.

Which put me in mind of Tim Llewellyn from Nviso who said that with Anil Mankar’s advice they have tweaked AKIDA to run at up to 1670 fps.

Which put me in mind of Peter van der Made’s statements going back to 2015 that AKIDA technology could do all the compute from data centres to the far edge.

Which finally brings me to the former CEO Mr. Dinardo’s comment when hosing down shareholder excitement around Peter van der Made’s statement that 100 AKD1000 could do all the compute for full autonomy saying that Peter gets carried away and while what he has said is true the focus of Brainchip was the Edge and Far Edge.

So going back to CEO Sean Hehir’s statement regarding where power is not an issue I think I can now safely say that Brainchip has been widening its horizon and that when we go looking for AKIDA technology our focus should no longer simply be on the energy constrained Edge application.

Ubiquitous now means just that. Anywhere you need Ai semiconductors from the cloud data centre to the box on a remote heavy rail line in the Kimberly where only battery power exists AKIDA will be found as it is Essential Ai.

Why? Because just like the song “AKIDA can do anything better than you” ever imagined was possible with a hugely reduced power footprint and in real-time and with one shot, few shot, incremental learning.

It can do maths and regression analysis better than you. Yes it can, yes it can, yes it cannnnnn.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 81 users
Hi @Bobbygrant
I am pretty sure everyone would have seen this interview before but that does not diminish its value.

Those who have read my posts over a few years know that I am fond of doing retrospectives as it is always the case that when I revisit past interviews, presentations and releases hindsight comes into play and the significance of things that I previously missed now stand out like neon signs.

In this interview towards the end the CEO Sean Hehir speaks about understanding customer requirements and how when power is not an issue they can tailor their offering and go toe to toe with other solutions taking advantage of AKIDA’s flexibility to scale.

This statement put me in mind of Rob Lincourt from DELL Technologies statement in the Brainchip podcast that what they were doing with AKIDA was seeing just how far it could scale.

Which put me in mind of Anil Mankar’s statement that they were being benchmarked against a GPU and it was coming up favourable to AKIDA.

Which put me in mind of Tim Llewellyn from Nviso who said that with Anil Mankar’s advice they have tweaked AKIDA to run at up to 1670 fps.

Which put me in mind of Peter van der Made’s statements going back to 2015 that AKIDA technology could do all the compute from data centres to the far edge.

Which finally brings me to the former CEO Mr. Dinardo’s comment when hosing down shareholder excitement around Peter van der Made’s statement that 100 AKD1000 could do all the compute for full autonomy saying that Peter gets carried away and while what he has said is true the focus of Brainchip was the Edge and Far Edge.

So going back to CEO Sean Hehir’s statement regarding where power is not an issue I think I can now safely say that Brainchip has been widening its horizon and that when we go looking for AKIDA technology our focus should no longer simply be on the energy constrained Edge application.

Ubiquitous now means just that. Anywhere you need Ai semiconductors from the cloud data centre to the box on a remote heavy rail line in the Kimberly where only battery power exists AKIDA will be found as it is Essential Ai.

Why? Because just like the song “AKIDA can do anything better than you” ever imagined was possible with a hugely reduced power footprint and in real-time and with one shot, few shot, incremental learning.

It can do maths and regression analysis better than you. Yes it can, yes it can, yes it cannnnnn.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
For those not born in the Stone Age:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

“What they built is a robot that not only learns intellectually as a human would, but can pull from all five “senses.” The robot chef can touch, smell, see, hear, and even taste, thanks to a tasting bar that mimics the human tongue. The senses send feedback to the OS, creating a learning loop similar to a human’s, which logs all information for future use. It’s as if the robot is constantly in a culinary school class, but remembers every detail from the homework”

“Multiple senses all provide data in a way that we can make an intellectual decision,” Sunkara says. “That’s the A.I. process as well.”

Sounds familiar or I could just be hungry 🤔

I have posted in the past that Sony AI continue to advertise positions AI/machine learning qualified candidates for their Gastronomy team
Akida does all the senses and Sony are working with Prophesee

Are these the ingredients for BrainChip involvement?

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

Roles and Responsibilities​

• Conduct fundamental and innovative research in machine learning within the Gastronomy domain, including but not limited to, multisensory (vision, speech, olfactory, gustatory, and haptic) perception learning, human-in-the-loop learning, etc.
  • Research and develop innovative machine learning strategies for novel recipe creation that includes important aspects such as health and sustainability.
  • Construct multisensory datasets (related to food) from scratch.
  • Collaborate with a diverse team to integrate your research into products.
  • Write code to support research, usually in Python.
  • Write reports and give presentations for internal audiences.
  • Publish influential research outcomes at top-tier CV conferences.

Required Qualifications and Skills​

• Pursuing PhD, Masters, or Bachelors degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Data Science or related field.
  • In-depth expertise in one or more of machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, optimization and/or NLP.
  • Experience with and/or enthusiasm for building datasets from scratch.
  • Excellent communication and presentation skills.
  • Proven ability to implement software in Python.
  • Familiarity with deep learning frameworks, in particular PyTorch.
  • (Preferred) Experience with cloud computing, in particular AWS.
  • Excellent oral and written English. Japanese language skills are a plus but not a necessity.

Preferred Qualifications​

• Experience or interest in modeling/understanding multisensory (image, speech, olfactory, haptic, and gustatory) perception.
  • Familiarity with user research and constructing datasets.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

ndefries

Regular

Extract from artical today in AFR. At least this issue is getting some publicity

ASX trading needs a detailed investigation​

It is time ASIC investigated the anomalies and peculiarities that have become embedded in sharemarket deals and are making them more expensive and difficult.

Oct 19, 2022 – 7.41pm
Save
The blatant snub delivered to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission by the country’s leading stockbrokers two years after the ASX market outage is the least of the worries facing the securities regulator.
ASIC has far bigger fish to fry than the fact that the majority of those handling sharemarket trading don’t want to abandon the system that allows the ASX to freeze all share trades when a technology glitch stops transactions.
672fd535d4341f1698a146b89b18e0fc55fd8295

High-frequency trading is allegedly distorting trading on the ASX. David Rowe
ASIC wanted brokers to invest in their systems to allow trading to switch to the alternative platform operated by Cboe when the ASX systems shut down. But an ASX consultation paper found overwhelming support for freezing trades in what is called the “enquire” mode.
What should be of much greater concern to ASIC chairman Joe Longo is the increasingly vocal complaints from fund managers, retail investors and smaller broking firms about the dysfunctional state of the market.
Since the March 2020 disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become more expensive and more difficult to trade shares on the ASX.

The market is now characterised by minimal activity in the opening auction, low volumes through the day, and abnormally high trading in the closing auction, also known as the “match”.
About 25 per cent of all market trading each day now occurs in the match, according to data compiled by Macquarie Research. This closing auction trading volume was 13 per cent 10 years ago.
Some have argued that this means the market is more efficient, but brokers say it means investors are increasingly less willing to trade during the day.
The primary concern among brokers is that if they bid for stock during the day, they will send a signal to high-frequency trading (HFT) algorithms which will then front-run their orders.
“In the old days you could just go out and buy 200,000 NAB shares,” one broker said. “Now, you wouldn’t do it because you don’t want to reveal your position to the HFTs.
“We never used to have HFTs in the market, so you didn’t get the intraday volatility like you do now.

“I can go and try and buy 5000 CSL shares and push the stock up $2 – it’s just ridiculous.”
The broker said the ASX would be a much more transparent market and better serve retail investors if limits were placed on HFTs.
A fund manager angry at the proliferation of single share trades that go through the market said the ASX had a duty to market participants to not allow activity that flouts traditional, well-established rules.
He said he had been tracking the share trading in a number of small- and mid-cap stocks over the past few months and found there were large deviations between the volume-weighted average price during the day and the price achieved in the match.
“Of the random nine small-cap stocks with decent small-cap fundie ownership, the average deviation on close to VWAP ranges from 1.3 per cent to 2.3 per cent,” he said.
“I note this average is calculated over approximately three months, and a number of these stocks frequently were closing 5 per cent away from their average traded price.

“A stock closing well away from VWAP frequently suggests to me that someone is seeking a close price to hide their trading.”
Macquarie Research has found large differences between the price at the end of the continuous trading session through the day, and the price on the close.
This is not normal. Under regular market states, the difference should be small because of the relatively small amount of new information to be impounded in closing prices that hasn’t been incorporated in the continuous trading session.
Before March 2020, the difference between the price during continuous trading and the match was about 15 basis points. This is now consistently at 100 to 250 basis points.

The market had been waiting for trading to normalise with lower levels of volatility and increased volumes during the day. But volumes are down about 40 per cent on a year ago and volatility remains elevated.
The higher than normal levels of volatility are creating all sorts of problems for retail investors and fund managers. People are reluctant to trade during the day because of the expectation the stock will come to them in the match.
But this is making them more expensive and more difficult, and this, in turn, discourages trading in the first place, which all feeds on itself.
These anomalies are arguably being exacerbated by the activities of exchange-traded funds, which need to rebalance their holdings at the end of the day to avoid being out of step with the close.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

TheDon

Regular
Latest Insto ownership. Vanguard are getting more aggressive.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/wat...b97c2e357e031c7f6&duration=1D&l3=L3_Ownership

BrainChip Holdings Ltd
Watchlist
AT CLOSE
‎+0.02 (‎+1.62%)
SummaryEarningsInvestorsFinancialsAnalysisOptionsCompanyHistoryRelated
Institutional Ownership
6.97%

Top 10 Institutions
5.99%

Mutual Fund Ownership
6.22%

Float
82.64%
Mutual Fund OwnershipInstitutional Ownership
Institution NameShares Held (% Change)% Outstanding
Vanguard Investments Australia Ltd.22,140,950 (+0.17%)1.29
BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.18,225,041 (+0.03%)1.06
BlackRock Advisors (UK) Limited13,016,223 (-0.00%)0.76
The Vanguard Group, Inc.11,749,260 (+0.64%)0.68
LDA Capital Limited10,000,000 (-0.07%)0.58
Irish Life Investment Managers Ltd.9,187,138 (+0.04%)0.53
FV Frankfurter Vermögen AG7,200,000 (-0.01%)0.42
BetaShares Capital Ltd.5,270,349 (+0.03%)0.31
BlackRock Investment Management (Australia) Ltd.3,077,154 (-0.02%)0.18
State Street Global Advisors Australia Ltd.3,065,409 (+0.00%)0.18
State Street Global Advisors (US)2,475,052 (+0.01%)0.14
First Trust Advisors L.P.2,086,443 (+0.02%)0.12
Nuveen LLC1,773,407 (+0.00%)0.10
Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc.1,546,196 (+0.09%)0.09
California State Teachers Retirement System1,324,606 (+0.08%)0.08
If I win the 100 million powerball tonight I'll buy 90 million worth of shares that's for sure.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi @Bobbygrant

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I quite like the idea of proving ourselves first, out at the bleeding edge where in our current iteration we are incomparable, with a substantial lead in place and with literally billions of current and near term upcoming use cases for our tech.
In so doing, proving our reliability, utility, ease of implementation and cost effectiveness we build our reputation and capitalise on our ubiquity as further generations with yet greater attributes become available, gradually seeding ourselves back towards the centre with ever more capable, integrated and potentially more unit profitable devices.
This all makes us a behemoth of a company with the scale and heft to attempt a real shot at General AI.
Lots still to be done, and do not expect any of this to happen quickly, but do believe we are on our way.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

FJ-215

Regular
Morning all. Shortish video from Mike Davies on the basics neuromorphic computing. Nothing most here won't know but thought it was worth sharing.

I think having an 800 pound gorilla beating its chest over neuromorphics is a great plus for BRN given our 3 year lead.

And holders.........remember it's a Journey so Don't Stop Believin'

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I suggested to the homeless guy that he might try and interest his mates from under the bridge to spend their coffee money in the market well it looks like it’s caught on:

“A fund manager angry at the proliferation of single share trades that go through the market said the ASX had a duty to market participants to not allow activity that flouts traditional, well-established rules”

It’s great to live in a democracy where everyone has an opportunity to share in the wealth (until it affects the ability of the rich to become richer.)😂🤣😂🤡🤡🤡😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Latest Insto ownership. Vanguard are getting more aggressive.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/wat...b97c2e357e031c7f6&duration=1D&l3=L3_Ownership

BrainChip Holdings Ltd
Watchlist
AT CLOSE
‎+0.02 (‎+1.62%)
SummaryEarningsInvestorsFinancialsAnalysisOptionsCompanyHistoryRelated
Institutional Ownership
6.97%

Top 10 Institutions
5.99%

Mutual Fund Ownership
6.22%

Float
82.64%
Mutual Fund OwnershipInstitutional Ownership
Institution NameShares Held (% Change)% Outstanding
Vanguard Investments Australia Ltd.22,140,950 (+0.17%)1.29
BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.18,225,041 (+0.03%)1.06
BlackRock Advisors (UK) Limited13,016,223 (-0.00%)0.76
The Vanguard Group, Inc.11,749,260 (+0.64%)0.68
LDA Capital Limited10,000,000 (-0.07%)0.58
Irish Life Investment Managers Ltd.9,187,138 (+0.04%)0.53
FV Frankfurter Vermögen AG7,200,000 (-0.01%)0.42
BetaShares Capital Ltd.5,270,349 (+0.03%)0.31
BlackRock Investment Management (Australia) Ltd.3,077,154 (-0.02%)0.18
State Street Global Advisors Australia Ltd.3,065,409 (+0.00%)0.18
State Street Global Advisors (US)2,475,052 (+0.01%)0.14
First Trust Advisors L.P.2,086,443 (+0.02%)0.12
Nuveen LLC1,773,407 (+0.00%)0.10
Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc.1,546,196 (+0.09%)0.09
California State Teachers Retirement System1,324,606 (+0.08%)0.08

LDA capital have sold the 10 million shares going by the last top 20 list issued by Brainchip, so unsure if this list is accurate. Its good to have more institutional ownership thou

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Need a large iced latte with a squirt of vanilla

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I quite like the idea of proving ourselves first, out at the bleeding edge where in our current iteration we are incomparable, with a substantial lead in place and with literally billions of current and near term upcoming use cases for our tech.
In so doing, proving our reliability, utility, ease of implementation and cost effectiveness we build our reputation and capitalise on our ubiquity as further generations with yet greater attributes become available, gradually seeding ourselves back towards the centre with ever more capable, integrated and potentially more unit profitable devices.
This all makes us a behemoth of a company with the scale and heft to attempt a real shot at General AI.
Lots still to be done, and do not expect any of this to happen quickly, but do believe we are on our way.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH
Hi Hoppy,

When we were a chipmaker, it made sense to go for the low hanging fruit first, if only to establish an income stream.

Now we have one-fits-all-sizes IP, it is up to the customer to decide on the application and configuration. But, given the nature of the beast, large server farm owners will take more time and effort to convince than doorbell makers.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

GDJR69

Regular
The only way to make $100m from $10 - except perhaps if you bought BRN a few years ago
I suggested to the homeless guy that he might try and interest his mates from under the bridge to spend their coffee money in the market well it looks like it’s caught on:

“A fund manager angry at the proliferation of single share trades that go through the market said the ASX had a duty to market participants to not allow activity that flouts traditional, well-established rules”

It’s great to live in a democracy where everyone has an opportunity to share in the wealth (until it affects the ability of the rich to become richer.)😂🤣😂🤡🤡🤡😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The hypocrisy of this given what the Instos do is just sickening :sick:

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

JK200SX

Regular
LDA capital have sold the 10 million shares going by the last top 20 list issued by Brainchip, so unsure if this list is accurate. Its good to have more institutional ownership thou

With reasonable confidence, I'd say the list is pretty accurate and updates regularly through the day.

I've been following the stats on the msn site for the last few months, and if you click on my post here, you can see how the accumulation has been progressing: https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-152358

Therefore, based on the MSN money website as of now, institutions and Mutual Funds have accumulated approx 225 million shares!

Give it a bit of time and some shareholders will be wishing they didn't sell their 1930 penny.

1666224359338.png

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

jk6199

Regular
Nice to see recurring patterns of the same numbers like 61 earlier or 9930 just before.

I noticed @Fact Finder buying one share at 1056 to throw me off the trail, but then noticed the 5 transactions in a row at 1052 that funnily enough added up to exactly 250,000 shares.

Is it "people" trying to get out or get in? If I tried these transactions, I'd have one of those security pictures to prove ""I'm not a robot" to fill in.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi Hoppy,

When we were a chipmaker, it made sense to go for the low hanging fruit first, if only to establish an income stream.

Now we have one-fits-all-sizes IP, it is up to the customer to decide on the application and configuration. But, given the nature of the beast, large server farm owners will take more time and effort to convince than doorbell makers.
Thank you Dio.
What you say is a simpler and so more likely scenario. 😆
I have maybe read more sci fi than is good for me. 🤣
Was just a bit of speculation on my part largely inspired by my 5 minutes with PVDM where he impressed upon me his goal of AGI, amongst other things.
Do you think it will be necessary, as new generations of AKIDA are released, that each in turn will need to be proven in silicon as test chips before they will be trusted as a viable product by our customers?
I would assume as we gain a reputation in the industry "physical proofs" would become less important which must have a substantial impact on our time to market and developmental costs?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
With reasonable confidence, I'd say the list is pretty accurate and updates regularly through the day.

I've been following the stats on the msn site for the last few months, and if you click on my post here, you can see how the accumulation has been progressing: https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-152358

Therefore, based on the MSN money website as of now, institutions and Mutual Funds have accumulated approx 225 million shares!

Give it a bit of time and some shareholders will be wishing they didn't sell their 1930 penny.

View attachment 19402
All good, I'm pretty sure that the next top 20 list (like the last one) will show that LDA have sold those 10 million shares.
LDA was prominent on the top 20 list until recently.
Let's hope there is a updated top 20 list with the 4c Coming next week.
Cheers 🍻

Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom