BRN Discussion Ongoing

My Dato 1600 had twin 45mm weber carbs, never failed or needed tuning.......
Yes they put SU’s to the sword. 😞

Think me wants one of these with Akida inside :love:

From a 2022 presso by:

1665976825572.png

1665976752775.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

toasty

Regular
WHAT!!!!

View attachment 19129

View attachment 19126

Electric Vehicles & Cars
Google AI voice assistant in new Toyota, Lexus vehicles in 2023
The Google Cloud will allow Toyota and Lexus vehicle models to have an AI-based voice assistant, and it doesn't even require the Internet.
Google AI voice assistant in new Toyota, Lexus vehicles in 2023
VIEW GALLERY - 2
Michael Hatamoto
@MHatamoto
Michael Hatamoto
Published Oct 16, 2022 2:36 PM CDT
1 minute & 24 seconds read time

Google Cloud will use its artificial intelligence-based voice assistant services for new Toyota and Lexus models, regardless of Internet connectivity. Anyone looking for a 2023 model from Toyota or Lexus can look forward to using the voice assistant from their infotainment system.
Google AI voice assistant in new Toyota, Lexus vehicles in 2023 02 | TweakTown.com
VIEW GALLERY - 2 IMAGES

As part of the Toyota Audio Multimedia and Lexus Interface infotainment systems, Google and Toyota both hope they're able to keep drivers hands-free and focused on the road.

Even though an Internet connection isn't required, the Toyota Voice Assistant's machine learning delivers more accurate voice interactions when connected. However, the next-generation system will still provide reliable natural-speech functions when a driver interacts with it. The AI runs directly through the multimedia system processors in a vehicle's infotainment system.

As noted by Steve Basra, president and CEO of Toyota Connected North America: "Today's announcement represents refinement that comes with years of collaboration between Toyota and Google Cloud to perfect how our technologies work with one another."

Umesh Vemuri VP of Global Strategic Customers & Industries at Google Cloud, had this to say about the announcement: "By working closely with Toyota to understand its in-vehicle device requirements and capabilities, we were able to provide server-like quality while using only a small fraction of the processing power to ensure the best possible experience for drivers."

Toyota and Google vehicles with the latest version of Automotive Grade Linux infotainment systems can already use Google Cloud-powered speech-to-text functionality.

Automakers are forging working partnerships as they bring more tech-focused functionality to their new vehicles - and it's not all about the experience drivers will have. Tech companies can fill a particular niche void, as they tend to be ahead when it comes to AI and connected services while carmakers need to try to catch up.

For example, Mercedes-Benz will Microsoft cloud services to better monitor - and optimize - its production of new vehicles. Hyundai wants to connect 20 million of its vehicles by 2025, aiming for a customized driving experience.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8894...-in-new-toyota-lexus-vehicles-2023/index.html
Anyone know if Megachips has a relationship with either Google or Toyota??

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Found who appears to be running the MBOS / MBUX.

1665976911182.png

Where have I heard this before :unsure:

1665977037789.png

Job ad with these guys...no BRN however a couple of our mates :sneaky:

1665977156652.png

1665977204534.png

Various recent MB pressos...where I got the Black edition pic.

• Love
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Found who appears to be running the MBOS / MBUX.

View attachment 19133

Where have I heard this before :unsure:

View attachment 19134

Job ad with these guys...no BRN however a couple of our mates :sneaky:

View attachment 19135

View attachment 19136

Various recent MB pressos...where I got the Black edition pic.

Mbition - probly works better in German.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Quercuskid

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Marcus Schaefer did say to "stay tuned"..........
No it was not a direct quote from Marcus Schaefer it was just the generic Mercedes social media responding.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if Megachips has a relationship with either Google or Toyota??
Only through Anil Mankar and Adam Osseiran. Does this count? 😇

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I see FoMoCo opening their new Atlanta R&D centre now.

ATLANTA, Oct. 13, 2022 – Ford Motor Company is opening the Ford Atlanta Research and Innovation Center (FARIC) to advance the company’s digital transformation in areas such as software-led connected vehicles, artificial intelligence, university research and more.

FARIC joins a network of Ford research and development facilities in Tel Aviv and Palo Alto dedicated to pioneering the future of transportation with automated, connected and electrified vehicles. Now, the new Atlanta location places Ford in one of the most diverse tech talent markets in the U.S. and enables the company to develop a pipeline of software experts with a variety of backgrounds.

“Ford is transitioning from a traditional automotive company to a digital products and services company driven by software innovation,” said Jim Buczkowski, executive director for Ford Research, Advanced Engineering. “There’s a high demand for tech talent across industries, and we have an opportunity to create non-traditional career pathways to attract and develop the expertise needed to stay competitive.”

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

Nice to see the BUY side looking a bit healthier! :cool:

654 buyers for 6,459,174 units

390 sellers for 4,490,809 units
Nothing unusual with the quarter due out any time now, as we normally see it about 2-1 just before release. Let’s just hope it goes to 4-1 instead of the normal 1-1

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Nothing unusual with the quarter due out any time now, as we normally see it about 2-1 just before release. Let’s just hope it goes to 4-1 instead of the normal 1-1

Then 10 to 1 after it's release!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I think if I was a neuromorphic researcher I would be very annoyed with the team at Brainchip.

Take these researchers at Brown University.

They clearly think that all the time and effort they have wasted trying to work out if they could do regression analysis using SNN and discovering it is three times faster than conventional computing was worthwhile.

I can see them now down at the Uni bar boasting about their achievement believing they are on the road to fame and fortune.

Their next step, prove their theory on a real neuromorphic chip.

The problem is that the very annoying team over at Brainchip have been mucking around with regression analysis in their spare time and even put out videos using their model train set showing AKIDA performing this task in the real world.

You would just want to throw in the towel and become a Doctor like your mum wanted. 😞😂🤣😂🤡😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

JK200SX

Regular
This has to be confirmation that AKIDA has been incorporated in the NEW EQE !

View attachment 19116

Click on the link above, then click on "5 documents" and select the document in English, or whatever other language you can read! (screenshot above is from page 20)

I'm curious.
MB initially mentioned AKIDA being in the EQXX concept back in January. Since then theirs been little to no word. Now, 10 months later they explicitely mention the use of AI in a production vehicle. I don't recall MB having mentioned anyone other than Brainchip when it comes to AI, and the repeated analyses and dot joining on this forum have managed to discount perhaps most/all of our competitors having the necessary technology, ie similar to AKIDA.

I posted the above this morning and I'm quite surprised that very few people have commented positively on the mention of AI powered systems in the vehicle. Why do people think that this may not be the case? Does it come down to Brainchip not release a price sensitive ann on this topic? Perhaps based on NDA's other agreements this is not something they need to release as an ann, etc?

We've managed to join dots that the CIA would be proud of us:), yet why do we perhaps think otherwise with this?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Nice to see some industry Execs understand :)

Ex Bosch / Cariad

Behzad Benam​

Founder and CEO at SafeLine​

Stuttgart Region
500+ connections​

Behzad Benam

Behzad Benam
Sep 16

Optimizing System Resources by Using Neuromorphic Computing​

Neuromorphic systems will replace GPUs in the future​

Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) are artificial neural networks based on biological knowledge to optimize the resources required to run machine learning algorithms. They are very similar to biological neural networks and the mechanism of brain operation.

The human brain has about 100 billion neurons and hundreds of trillions of connections. The fastest GPUs with the same network size require about half a gigawatt power. Therefore, we need to reduce the power consumption of machine learning algorithm execution, which is one of the barriers to realizing humanoid robot technology. Neuromorphic computing takes the human brain as a reference to optimize resources for machine learning algorithms.

Energy efficiency​

Neuromorphic technology is more power efficient than GPU-based artificial neural networks. Energy consumption is a crucial issue for large networks. Neuromorphic computing aims to mimic our brain's low-power computing ability. Due to the low power consumption of neuromorphic hardware, measuring power consumption is challenging and requires a new strategy.

Traditional computer architecture, known as von Neumann architecture, physically separated the system into memory units, central processing units, and other units. This separation causes power inefficiency and is a significant limitation for the future of computing systems. The human brain behaves differently because we know that memory and control units in our brain are not separate, and both are together.

Self-organizing and self-learning​

Neuromorphic computing can solve uncertainties by learning new subjects like the human brain. Recently presented approaches in robotics can create new algorithms. The neuromorphic architecture is not as dependent on high-quality training data as deep neural networks.

Execution performance​

According to Moore's Law, the number of transistors in a microchip doubles every two years. Although Moore's Law is not entirely correct and the speed of doubling transistors has changed, based on new research, neuromorphic computing is a way to keep Moore's Law still true.

SafeLine Solutions GmbH Graphic
Founder and CEO

SafeLine Solutions GmbH
Jun 2022 - Present5 months

Leonberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Accelerating Safe Autonomous Driving and Electrification

msg Graphic
Principal IT Consultant & Architect
msg
Jan 2022 - Jun 20226 months

Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

CARIAD Graphic
System Architect & System Safety Expert
CARIAD
Dec 2020 - Dec 20211 year 1 month

Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Robert Bosch GmbH
Robert Bosch GmbH
12 years

Advanced Development in Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM)
Nov 2018 - Dec 20202 years 2 months

Leonberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Advanced Development in Highly Automated Parking
Dec 2016 - Oct 20181 year 11 months

Leonberg

System Architect, Safety Expert
Mar 2012 - Nov 20164 years 9 months

Stuttgart Area, Germany

Senior software developer
2008 - Feb 20124 years

Stuttgart Area, Germany

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The primary of the two authors of the following linked paper is from DELL Technologies.

The paper is very long and a bit repetitive at times but accessible none the less.

Importantly it is a paper mounting a detailed argument for stepping back from traditional deep learning and embracing a human brain inspired approach to the future of computing.

Is this significant or is it just one DELL Technology employees view???

Could it be what I will call an attempt to prime the market to accept a new product from DELL???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Gazzafish

Regular
I'm curious.
MB initially mentioned AKIDA being in the EQXX concept back in January. Since then theirs been little to no word. Now, 10 months later they explicitely mention the use of AI in a production vehicle. I don't recall MB having mentioned anyone other than Brainchip when it comes to AI, and the repeated analyses and dot joining on this forum have managed to discount perhaps most/all of our competitors having the necessary technology, ie similar to AKIDA.

I posted the above this morning and I'm quite surprised that very few people have commented positively on the mention of AI powered systems in the vehicle. Why do people think that this may not be the case? Does it come down to Brainchip not release a price sensitive ann on this topic? Perhaps based on NDA's other agreements this is not something they need to release as an ann, etc?

We've managed to join dots that the CIA would be proud of us:), yet why do we perhaps think otherwise with this?
I wonder if there is an online user manual for the new car somewhere which may detail more system functionality and user experience that could help us decide if it looks like Akida??

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon chippers,

Can't help myself,

Over on the crapper...
Time : 16.46 , Magic Trick.
Poster: Archer

Central Bank Trick

😄

Esq.