BRN Discussion Ongoing

JK200SX

Regular
Wondering if everyone has watched Rob's presentation at Edge Impulse Imagining 2022

View attachment 18303

1665140949537.png

Attachments

• 1665141019365.png
    1665141019365.png
    517.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users
What part of the fitout do you think BrainChip is?

I’m just guessing here but I think you could find Akida wherever you find a sensor;
radar,
LiDAR,
camera,
rain,
voice,
facial recognition
Driver fatigue detection
Engine failure detection etc

And of course there will be redundancies so you can probably double them!

1665141979035.jpeg

😀

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Little blog post from a self described tech head when she was at the recent summits.

Had to post as I liked that we were running NVISO at the summit 🔥 and the pic showing fps with Akida H/W :)

Takeaways from AI Hardware Summit and Edge AI Summit 2022​

AI Chips Can Detect Human Emotions​

Edge computing can happen on IoT devices. There are traditional AI models, such as Regression Analysis, Logistic Regression, Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, Multiclass Classification, and K-Means Clustering. Edge AI models are more task-specific, such as general detectors, high-speed detectors, classifiers, densities, re-identifications, personal protective equipment (PPE), thermal detectors, face detection, face identification, face feature detection, scene segmentation, and skeleton detectors.

We have seen the face and face feature detection at a number of booths. Here is a photo taken at the BrainChip booth.

1665141474805.png

The neuromorphic processor IP, Akida™, mimics the human brain to analyze essential sensor inputs at the acquisition point. It is real-time inference and learning at the edge by Akida’s fully customizable event-based AI neural processor. By inferencing, the chip concluded that the face above is in the “Happiness” mode. The other available modes are “Neutral” and “Sadness.”

Object detection is important in edge AI. Here are two aspects of its current status:

• Accuracy: The original images obtained from IoT devices may be distorted by reflection, blur, soiling, snow, rain, fog, etc. It requires calibration for object recognition and classification. Model accuracy continuously improves.
  • Efficiency: The image analytics need to be real time and likely in a high frame rate. It includes geographic information system (GIS) calibration and object tracking. Edge computing reduces server latency and bandwidth.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Frodolfo

Hello from sunny Hamburg,

A member of the German "Börsennews" forum claims that qualcomm has its own neuromorphic technology and snapdragon contains them.
He supports his statement with the facts that qualcomm has registered its own patents for neuromorphic technology.

I can't judge what is right and what is wrong

Have a nice Weekend

Frodo

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
I’m just guessing here but I think you could find Akida wherever you find a sensor;
radar,
LiDAR,
camera,
rain,
voice,
facial recognition
Driver fatigue detection

View attachment 18313

😀
Absolutely SG

I did a basic word search on TSE & couldn't see this interview earlier in the year with Anil posted.

Maybe has been (suspect has?) or maybe not, so anyway, Anil discusses pretty much your point exactly re sensors.

Deploying AI in Advanced Embedded Systems​

March 14, 2022

Today's advanced products, from consumer wearables to smart EVs, are starting to leverage the power of AI to increase performance and functionality. However, those solutions require the appropriate hardware to run on.

Alix Paultre, Editor

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
radar,
LiDAR,
camera,
rain,
voice,
facial recognition
Driver fatigue detection

View attachment 18313

😀
If there's Akida where there is rain then NSW will be buying up big.

SC

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Wondering if everyone has watched Rob's presentation at Edge Impulse Imagining 2022

View attachment 18303
Just has the time to watch Slade.

Thanks for the post JK200SX.

This is exciting!

Qoute from Mr Telson;

"When we think of the edge, we actually think of the end point, when we think of the end point, we actually think of the sensors. So when we heard some of my fellow speakers today talk, all I could think is about Brainchip. Because, with our technology we call it Akida; and taking that Aikida in a IP format, having design it into what they're currently offering, our AI accelerator can help them achieve not only what they are achieving today, exceeding what they're exceeding what they're achieving today but help them pave the way for the future."

It's doesn't get any better than that as a technology offering. Add this Rob Telson presentation at IMAGINE to the Podcast with Prophesee yesterday.
Brainchip's Akida IP will be the antidote to all the missing half mix potions that are currently available at the edges. Brainchip's Akida will make them full, just like Prophesee!

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
S

Straw

A member of the German "Börsennews" forum claims that qualcomm has its own neuromorphic technology and snapdragon contains them.
He supports his statement with the facts that qualcomm has registered its own patents for neuromorphic technology.

Have a nice Weekend

Frodo

Hi Frodo,
You could potentially ask them to post cited patents and you could share them here. There are some techy people here capable of making sense of how it may relate in a business and/or tech sense to BRN, if that is what you are asking?
We generally have a fair amount of evidence based enthusiasm about the company we are invested in & Akida and its potential which is a result of a large collection of facts over time.
Assume nothing (insert X-files theme here).

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Have a nice Weekend

Frodo
Qualcomm has several NN patents. From my recollection, they use analog neurons.

US10460817B2 Multiple (multi-) level cell (MLC) non-volatile (NV) memory (NVM) matrix circuits for performing matrix computations with multi-bit input vectors

1665150416409.png

[0010] Neural networks that employ memristor networks for providing synapses can also be used for other applications that require weighted matrix multiplication computations, such as convolution for example.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Frodolfo

Hi Frodo,
You could potentially ask them to post cited patents and you could share them here. There are some techy people here capable of making sense of how it may relate in a business and/or tech sense to BRN, if that is what you are asking?
We generally have a fair amount of evidence based enthusiasm about the company we are invested in & Akida and its potential which is a result of a large collection of facts over time.
Assume nothing (insert X-files theme here).
Hi Straw,

thank you and one thing in advance; i am also a BRN holder and i am enthusiastic about the company, the employees and the previous career of the company. I read every single post here every day and would like to take this opportunity to thank all members for their tireless research.

And since you asked, here's the link to Qualcomm's patents:

https://patents.justia.com/search?q=neuromorphic+qualcomm

The last patent from July 12th is particularly interesting because of its ultra low power

have a good weekend

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I found this artikle and searched for NIST and Jeff Shainline, perhaps @Diogenese or @FF, could say, if this is a
competitor for Brainchip?

Scientists have long looked to the brain as an inspiration for designing computing systems. Some researchers have recently gone even further by making computer hardware with a brainlike structure. These “neuromorphic chips” have already shown great promise, but they have used conventional digital electronics, limiting their complexity and speed. As the chips become larger and more complex, the signals between their individual components become backed up like cars on a gridlocked highway and reduce computation to a crawl.

Now, a team at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has demonstrated a solution to these communication challenges that may someday allow artificial neural systems to operate 100,000 times faster than the human brain.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
Thank you and best regards back!
As has already been noted, here you can still drive infinitely fast even if that is often not possible. Nevertheless, there are these Autobahnen and there you can shoot. All you have to do is look for this sign (it cancels all restrictions):
View attachment 17741

But close to 300Km/h was my personal record so far. The road shrinks to a tube or tunnel. Somewhat like that you should only do if everything is free and best on Sunday there then no trucks may drive, only with permission.
However. For your entertainment one of the funniest and most sympathetic guys I know from the magazine grip. I celebrate the guy. Is a car over the top then it is just right for him. The funny thing about this series wolf in sheep's clothing ("Wölfe im Schafspelz") is that he goes out on the Autobahn with an unassuming vehicle and pranks braggarts. But see for yourself. I fast-forwarded to the funniest part. But the whole video and others from the series are also good (s. link a.). The important thing is that the driver must know what he is doing, be in control of the car and be able to take responsibility.

I think we're going to take the M5 (Hurricane RS Touring) out on the highway now, aren't we?

For that you need the German Autobahn, he says:

both ~370Km/h V-max

Have a nice weekend!

I just saw a BMW M8 for the first time. Accelerates to 100Km/h in 3.2sec, off the shelf.
Now I wonder what happens when the M GmbH is tuned again by G-Power. He would have to take off. I can see the face of the guy from grip grin in imagination 🤘🔥
___
Same guy again.
A friend made fun of me because of the M8

If we don't look for the edge we will never reach it. Beyond the edge;)
Slippage on all four wheels up to fifth gear - is all I have to say

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
I just saw a BMW M8 for the first time. Accelerates to 100Km/h in 3.2sec, off the shelf.
Now I wonder what happens when the M GmbH is tuned again by G-Power. He would have to take off. I can see the face of the guy from grip grin in imagination 🤘🔥
___
Same guy again.
A friend made fun of me because of the M8

If we don't look for the edge we will never reach it. Beyond the edge;)
Slippage on all four wheels up to fifth gear - is all I have to say

And here I think of Akida with Prophesee and blur
1664551308314.png

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

The Edge ML Conference presents Rob Telson | 28 Sept 22 | Brainchip​

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Just like Rob Telson, maybe because of my investment, everything I read, all I think about is Akida and Akida's potential in shaping this efficiency strategy.
Screenshot_20221008_074007_Samsung Notes.jpg

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Foxdog

Regular
Can't wait for the next 4C, would be unreal to see an increase in revenue, although I think realistically the following 4C will be the one to really watch.
I think the next AGM will prove to be pretty exciting too, especially now that FF is going to moor his super yacht at Darling Harbour for the afterparty 👌 (may as well start the rumour) 😲😆

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

I remember Rob Telson saying our Ken the robot might need a companion like a dog.

Loona petbot fits the description. Opinion only, dyor.

Furthermore, with its 3D ToF (time-of-flight) camera, Loona can roam freely using four-wheel and two-wheel motions through its proprietary self-balancing design. Additionally, Loona features a high-performance CPU processor, allowing the chip to perform 54 trillion neural network convolution calculations per second, equating to one-quarter of PC's calculation capability, which is rarely seen in consumer robotics.

Voice based AI: Voice source localization, voice wake-up, voice recognition, and natural language recognition

Visual based AI features: Face recognition, emotion detection, human body recognition, human skeleton-based recognition, gesture recognition, motion detection, edge detection, 3D environment detection, trajectory planning

Emotional Interactive AI model
Loona equips powerful offline process capabilities. All AI functions are processed by Loona locally, except voice recognition and natural language processing which are based on Lax service provided by Amazon. Loona's process ability is as powerful as your smart phone, can perform 5 trillion neural network convolution calculations per second (5 TOPS, at the same level as iPhone XR )

E
dit: I see @clip had mentioned it already a few days ago

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

The Edge ML Conference presents Rob Telson | 28 Sept 22 | Brainchip​

‘With our partner Oscar Brewing Company’:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
radar,
LiDAR,
camera,
rain,
voice,
facial recognition
Driver fatigue detection

View attachment 18313

😀
With Mercedes we know three things:

1. Hey Mercedes is an example of using AKIDA,

2. There are other uses unspecified,

3. When it is deployed at scale it will revolutionise existing technology in Mercedes vehicles,

thus all of your nominated categories and more are in play for Brainchip to win at Mercedes Benz.

When we listen to the Luca Verre Prophesee podcast despite having worked with Qualcomm Snapdragon, then SynSense it was not till Prophesee worked with Brainchip and used AKIDA with their vision sensor were they able to reach the full potential of their technology.

Paraphrasing what Rob Telson said in the latest ML presentation AKIDA is just better than anything else.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom