BRN Discussion Ongoing

Doing the usual random BRN searches & this came up.

Did a word search on TSE and didn't see posted so someone may know about or maybe has been mentioned but I got word search wrong.

Leapmind?

I know it states CNN and wondered if maybe @Diogenese wanted to dig and see if either analog set up of some sort or possibly & hopefully a CNN2SNN hidden in the background or something using Edge Impulse or MegaChips given Leapmind & MC domiciled in Japan?

All sounds very familiar to me anyway :)

Some info below.

About LeapMind

LeapMind Inc. was founded in 2012 with the corporate mission "To create innovative devices with machine learning and make them available everywhere." Total investment in LeapMind to date has reached 4.99 billion yen (as of May 2021). The company's strength is in extremely low bit quantization for compact deep learning solutions. It has a proven track record of achievement with over 150 companies, many of which are centered in manufacturing, including the automobile industry. It is also developing its Efficiera semiconductor IP, based on its experience in the development of both software and hardware

Head office: Shibuya Dogenzaka Sky Building 3F, 28-1 Maruyama-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0044
Representative: Soichi Matsuda, CEO
Established: December 2012
URL: https://leapmind.io/en/

From their May 22 press release.

Features of “Efficiera Anomaly Detection model”
•Training completes with only normal data

- Annotation work is not required which is often outsourced, no necessity of concluding non-disclosure agreement.
- Avoids the need of large amount of defective data, and training completes just in a few seconds which enabling rapid introduction of AI to the manufacturing site
•Completes both inference and training on small edge device with FPGA
- No need of send image data outside the company, the risk of information leakage is reduced, and complicated non-disclosure agreements are not required which could lead to labor savings
- Can be used in environment without network
•Re-training can be done without an AI engineer

- Visualization of abnormal areas by heat map.
- AI training results can be saved and reloaded (redo and version management) easily on site which makes it easy to use to those companies that have difficulty in securing IT human resources.

About Efficiera®
Efficiera is an ultra-low power AI inference accelerator IP specialized for CNN inference processing that runs as a circuit on FPGA or ASIC devices. The "extremely low bit quantization" technology minimizes the number of quantization bits to 1 - 2 bits, maximizing the power and area efficiency of convolution, which accounts for most of the inference processing, without the need for advanced semiconductor manufacturing processes or special cell libraries. By using this product, deep learning functions can be incorporated into a variety of edge devices, including consumer electronics such as home appliances, industrial equipment such as construction machinery, surveillance cameras, broadcasting equipment, as well as small machines and robots that are constrained by power, cost, and heat dissipation, which has been technically difficult in the past. LeapMind provides three Deep Learning models - Efficiera Object Detection model, Efficiera Noise Reduction model and Efficiera Anomaly Detection model. Visit product website at https://leapmind.io/business/ip/

Extremely low bit quantization​

Quantizing deep learning models to extreme low bits makes them significantly lighter and faster without sacrificing their performance (Figure 1).
Specifically, we achieve weight savings by replacing the parameters in an inference model with 1 or 2 bits instead of the usual single-precision floating-point number (32 bits).
The limit of quantization without performance degradation is generally believed to be 8 bits, but LeapMind has succeeded in achieving negligible performance degradation even with a combination of 1-bit weight (weight factor) and 2-bit activation (input), which is well below 8 bits (Figure 2).

1664419054103.png

1664419075377.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi Slade

I was not attacking Tech. I was simply suggesting that he doesn't use language in posts that conveys a meaning that can be misconstrued. In this case I, and many others, got the impression that Tech was saying he had received information that was not available to others and was only sharing it with FF. Even though we are all anonymous on a forum such as this I think we need to consider the words we post before hitting the enter button to ensure what we are trying to get across is not misinterpreted..............I'm sure FF as a alwyer will agree that words, and how they are used, is important in conveying the intended meaning.
Hi Toasty,
It wasn't one post that compelled me to write a response but rather a number of posts. Had TECH's original post regarding the global economic situation been accepted for what it was, an simple commentary, then it would have stopped there. But it was twisted and here we are. I feel that TECH is owed an apology by some.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Worker122

Regular
Hi Slade

I was not attacking Tech. I was simply suggesting that he doesn't use language in posts that conveys a meaning that can be misconstrued. In this case I, and many others, got the impression that Tech was saying he had received information that was not available to others and was only sharing it with FF. Even though we are all anonymous on a forum such as this I think we need to consider the words we post before hitting the enter button to ensure what we are trying to get across is not misinterpreted..............I'm sure FF as a alwyer will agree that words, and how they are used, is important in conveying the intended meaning.
Yep, sorry just can’t hack cryptic.
Definition of cryptic

1 : secret, occult. 2a : having or seeming to have a hidden or ambiguous meaning : mysterious cryptic messages cryptic prophecies. b : marked by an often perplexing brevity cryptic marginal notes.

Reactions: 5 users

krugerrands

Regular
I just think its something we are going to have to learn to live with unfortunately until the disconnect between earnings and the market cap comes back to something manageable, and this is going to take a long time. The non announcements dont help, but maybe in long term they will because when there is one, its going to be a huge impact. fluff announcements would potentially make it worse....

as i said earlier, the company has not released anything contradicting where we are headed.... so thats a great sign.

we can only hope they get burned one day! i wish we were 80000 eyes instead of 1000, being there is 40K odd shareholders, in which case the mums and dads would hopefully not panic sell which adds to the 'trading pot'.

plus the world sux still, old PUTO, what a toss bag, he will keep doubling down until the end - like a typical aggressive male.

Why make generalised sexist statements?
I think that is inappropriate.
You could have said narcissistic sociopath or the like... think a little bit more about these type of statements.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnbeh.2018.00081/full
Compared to our knowledge of men’s aggression, relatively little is known about women’s aggression. Indeed, aggression and violence are usually considered male problems. There is some truth to this assumption. Globally, men are more violent than women (UN Office on Drugs and Crime, 2013). However, women frequently engage in other forms of aggressive behavior (Richardson, 2005). Research consistently reports that women use indirect aggression to an equivalent or greater extent than men (Archer and Coyne, 2005). Indirect aggression occurs when someone harms another while masking the aggressive intent (Björkqvist et al., 1992; Arnocky et al., 2012). Specific examples of indirect aggression include spreading false rumors, gossiping, excluding others from a social group, making insinuations without direct accusation, and criticizing others’ appearance or personality. Girls’ use of indirect aggression exceeds boys’ from age 11 onward (Archer, 2004). This difference persists into adulthood; compared to men, adult women use more indirect forms of aggression across various areas of life (Björkqvist et al., 1994; Österman et al., 1998). Indeed, in a large cross-cultural survey of female aggression across 317 societies, Burbank (1987) found that female aggression was mostly indirect and rarely inflicted physical injury. Thus, in the real world aggression is common in women and girls, but the form it takes is largely indirect compared to men’s aggression.

And I have a few male friends with integrity that have suffered shocking abuse from women.
Don't make this about gender.
Abuse and aggression is not exclusive to gender.... and no one should suffer either.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular
Goodbye to that quarter.... now we ALL wait with much anticipation.

Will the 4C deliver some revenue, I guess so.

I sort of had the feeling that we had stalled somewhat, this was a perception that motivated me to contact the CFO, he is like all
the Brainchip Management Team, extremely professional, disciplined and know their legal requirements are when it comes
to communicating with basic shareholders like me.

I apologize to any shareholder on this site who thought I was trying to mislead or imply that I was in possession of highly classified
information that I only shared with FF....I don't!!

My comments are on the record with regards the quality and integrity of ALL Brainchip staff, to think any less of them would be
an insult.

I was simply a little hurt by the posts that I read last night......end of story, move on please.

Tech x

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 112 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Im suprised Rob hasnt ventured out with Burger tasting with Akida..

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

I sort of had the feeling that we had stalled somewhat, this was a perception that motivated me to contact the CFO, he is like all
the Brainchip Management Team, extremely professional, disciplined and know their legal requirements are when it comes

I apologize to any shareholder on this site who thought I was trying to mislead or imply that I was in possession of highly classified

My comments are on the record with regards the quality and integrity of ALL Brainchip staff, to think any less of them would be
an insult.

I was simply a little hurt by the posts that I read last night......end of story, move on please.

Tech x
I agree . Let us all get back to the work of keeping abreast with what Brainchip is doing .

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

an insult.

Tech x

A total stab in the dark here, and just a gut feel but I feel that revenue may be down quarter on quarter. And I only say this because last quarter was surprisingly decent but Sean said to expect lumpy revenue.

On the other hand, I hold out hope that revenue will have increased dramatically based on Sean's statement regarding revenue growth exceeding operational cost growth (don't hold me to the exact quote).

So in conclusion, I have no idea what the 4C will bring. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Worker122

Regular

an insult.

Tech x
Moving on Tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

an insult.

Tech x
I think we can all agree that we are all part of a very exciting opportunity here with Brainchip. Whether you hold a 1,000 shares or 2,000,000, or you are a long term holder or a recent buyer, we are all hopeful that Brainchip one day has revenue of $1 billion+.

We are all here to see Brainchip succeed and build wealth for our families!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Violin1

Regular
WOW so we are doing the beer tasting with Rob Telson on the moon. Thats next level shit right there
It's a final scene from Space Cowboys - Clint Eastwood and Tommy Lee-Jones. Funny movie.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Hi Toasty,
It wasn't one post that compelled me to write a response but rather a number of posts. Had TECH's original post regarding the global economic situation been accepted for what it was, an simple commentary, then it would have stopped there. But it was twisted and here we are. I feel that TECH is owed an apology by some.
100% spot on
TECH gives his opinion on where world sharemarkets will be in the future and he gets attacked for downramping
I guess some people need to look up what a BEAR market is
TECH might not of set the world on fire in the pro golf ranks but I value his opinion whether I agree with it or not....... Isn't that free speech
napoleon dynamite technology GIF

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha

Violin1

Regular
Hi Toasty.
You are perhaps making some assumptions based on Tech's sometimes cryptic style of writing.
He does not state that 'Ken's long email' included any privileged information regarding the company's finances or capital plans, merely that he (Tech) had views and opinions regarding said matters which he has declined, on this occasion, to share with our general group.
Tech has long been a champion of BRN and endured many attacks at that other place and has shared many of his opinions and insights with us over a long period. As has been previously pointed out it would be wise to take any information or data shared on these threads by anyone with a good dose of salt, as it is all done under the cover of anonymity, and whilst it can be pleasant and enlightening to share as we do, each contributor will be posting with both acknowledged and possibly sub conscience motivations which can be either benevolent or self serving.
It is up to each of us to discern how much weight we attribute to any individual's contributions.
This is a good ever evolving group which provides much education and amusement for many people and an outlet for those individuals who wish to contribute, but is many things to many people.
It just can become a little tedious when any one person seeks to impose their will on the rest.
If we don't like any particular item it is easy to skip on to something that is more interesting to us personally.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH
Well put Hopalong. Tech has been a long-term positive voice and his interaction with the Perth crew has given many of us a lift when there's little info from the company directly. In saying this I'm not having a go at out management as they are clear about the comms being relatively low profile and in strict accordance with ASX requirements. Tech adds some colour and movement for us. I think he is pretty straight on not being privy to inside info, doesn't expect or receive it - just gives us a positive vibe.
V

• Love
Hi Slade

True but even though I checked the meaning of ‘bean counter’ as I even have friends who are accountants, and confirmed that it does not mean accountants but has its derivation in those who are overly bureaucratic and penny pinching.

An accountant can be a bean counter but so can anyone else even a florist.

Anyway despite my efforts I actually have upset an accountant.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

rgupta

Regular

an insult.

Tech x
It is really against social etiquette to blame someone as individuals. As far as brainchip management is concerned I believe they are high quality and they proved the same with their business acumen.
Tech and FF and one the best people on this platform and we are all thankful to them for the information they shared with us. They have no obligation to share the same with us.
Let us understand we are on a social platform and no one is idiot enough to share a sensitive information. And even the company management is not that fool that they will share the same with others. So be mindful and keep enjoying.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
A total stab in the dark here, and just a gut feel but I feel that revenue may be down quarter on quarter. And I only say this because last quarter was surprisingly decent but Sean said to expect lumpy revenue.

On the other hand, I hold out hope that revenue will have increased dramatically based on Sean's statement regarding revenue growth exceeding operational cost growth (don't hold me to the exact quote).

So in conclusion, I have no idea what the 4C will bring. :ROFLMAO:
The way I look at it is that "if" there are any ongoing agreements in place by now then there should in theory be a constant revenue on those, hopefully at a minimum, a base, but preferably increasing, as those clients would be needing to incorporate Akida into their ongoing product supply / sales.

Yes, obviously would be minor swings dependent on their own product demand however any "larger" lumpiness for mine should come from any new licencing payments which would generally be a one off or maybe split payment.

Personally can't see why the company can't at least advise "client uptake' numbers say through ARM, Megachips or Edge etc.

No identifiers just number of clients and wouldn't expect should draw ASX angst as these would be a third parties client and actual "income" would be unquantifiable in reality as their product sales are variable and unknown to BRN.

The income evidence would still be under the "watch the financials" statement.

Income could increase each quarter but could just be from a couple of clients which could evidence maybe a lack of market penetration.

Would want to see client numbers increasing to provide some diversity and multiple revenue streams rather than reliance on only a couple or few.

At least SHs would get a feel whether uptake is increasing each quarter and wouldn't contravene any NDAs either imo.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
How do you know they are ‘Boomers’? Because they don’t identify as gender neutral or a tree, and don’t get hurt by words?
I don’t think any sane person would, would be interesting to see a 2 spirited penguin boomer though

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MDhere

Regular
ok here is a beer to chill everyone down 🤣
Screenshot_20220929-135134_Chrome.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Back to BRN tech im hoping we have a podcast soon. I wander if ROB would consider adding an AMA at the end of a podcast from TSE. Questions we can ask without crossing any NDA boundries.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Wags

Regular
ok ok, wtf. qty 13 shares crosstades about 35 times, enuf already, sheesh, nearly as bad as qty 22, only 33 times. Also can see @Fact Finder has been shopping and scored another 4 single share trades, well done mate, that collection must be coming along well.
I need coffee.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom