Reactions: 5 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Foxdog

Regular
I think what we need is a second like button in a different colour which when selected is taken to mean I did not really like your post but there was nothing else to choose and I needed to mark it in some way so I did not have to endure the pain of reading it again to discover that I did not like it and wished that there was a second like button in a different colour which when selected is taken to mean I do not really like your post but there was......
😂🤣😂🤣🤦‍♂️

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Perhaps a little wee Ogre

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I understand it like this:

NASA are choosing the lego pieces that will go into their system

Microchips are building the system

SiFive is a piece of Lego

Akida IP may also be a piece of Lego, given we are compatible with RISC-V (we are in SiFive ecosystem)

SiFive just got chosen, I don't assume that mean Akida has also been chosen

I don't assume Akida has also been chosen... but ..I intuit it. I have a very strong natural instinct for intuition, similar to a pig finding truffles.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Ich nehme nicht an, dass Akida auch ausgewählt wurde ... aber ... ich ahne es. Ich habe einen sehr starken natürlichen Instinkt für Intuition, ähnlich wie ein Schwein, das Trüffel findet.
the truffles are obvious, you don't even have to dig
1662536097657.png

“Employing Akida, BrainChip’s specialized, differentiated AI engine, with high-performance RISC-V processors such as the SiFive Intelligence Series is a natural choice for companies looking to seamlessly integrate an optimized processor to dedicated ML accelerators that are a must for the demanding requirements of edge AI computing,” said Chris Jones, vice president, products at SiFive. “BrainChip is a valuable addition to our ecosystem portfolio”.

SiFive, Inc., the founder and leader of RISC-V computing, today announced it has been selected by NASA to provide the core CPU for NASA’s next generation High-Performance Spaceflight Computing (HPSC) processor. HPSC is expected to be used in virtually every future space mission, from planetary exploration to lunar and Mars surface missions. HPSC will utilize an 8-core, SiFive® Intelligence™ X280 RISC-V vector core, as well as four additional SiFive RISC-V cores, to deliver 100x the computational capability of today’s space computers. This massive increase in computing performance will help usher in new possibilities for a variety of mission elements such as autonomous rovers, vision processing, space flight, guidance systems, communications, and other applications.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
BRAND NEW FOR CALIFORNIA – THE NEW ADAS & AV TECH EXPO FOR THE DESIGN AND BUILD OF CONNECTED AND FULLY AUTONOMOUS NEXT GENERATION VEHICLES. IT IS HERE - SAN JOSE MCENERY CONVENTION CENTER
7 & 8 SEPTEMBER 2022

Today!

Foundational technology for deployable autonomy

68525_211201-193951_logo_sm.png
Robert Day
Director, Autonomous Vehicles
Arm
USA
As autonomous vehicles move from prototyping to deployment, new compute architectures are needed to ensure that the safety, cost and power requirements for deployment at scale can be met. This presentation will explore foundational technologies that can reduce the cost and power consumption of autonomous computing while retaining the performance needs and enabling the functional safety required for true driverless vehicles.

AND!

Cloud-native autonomous driving software development with environment parity

67351_211102-105736_logo_sm.png
Stefano Marzani
WW Tech Leader, SDV
Amazon Web Services
USA

67361_211102-112354_logo_sm.jpg
Girish Shirasat
Senior Director, Head Of Automotive Software & Systems
Arm
USA
In 2006, Jeff Bezos estimated that developers spent 70% of their time on backend work. According to recent studies, that figure had grown to more than 80%. Embedded development practices have their ‘undifferentiated heavy lifting’ tasks too. This presentation from AWS and Arm will explain how achieving substantial parity between cloud and vehicle-edge compute environments can reduce the time developers spend to bring up their systems, simplify development and V&V workflows, reduce deployment friction and boost testing coverage.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Taproot

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Yeah right o mate, at Xmas I'll be very disappointed if where not $2
Very disappointed with all the secrecy with partnerships and announcements, We increased our revenue every quarter but the share does little, so when does the price go up, when we make 20 million or 100 million I don't know

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Taproot

Regular
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I don't assume Akida has also been chosen... but ..I intuit it. I have a very strong natural instinct for intuition, similar to a pig finding truffles.
You just keep doing you Bravo. Many mansions in our fathers house, and more than one way to skin an Akida.
This forum is strengthened by its diversity and it is 1000 eye's, not just two.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
Great article FMF but I am sort of happily confused by the following paragraph:

“New DesignWare ARC NPX6 NPU IP​

To keep pace with the evolving neural network advancements and the growing demand for higher performance, Synopsys has recently introduced the DesignWare® ARC® NPX6 (Fig 4) NPU IP. The NPX6 NPU IP addresses demands of real-time compute with ultra-low power consumption for deep learning applications. The NPX6 NPU IP is Synopsys’ sixth generation neural network accelerator IP.”

Synopsys claims it’s own neural network accelerator IP yet chooses to use and thereby advertise and by implication endorse/recommend Brainchip’s artificial intelligence accelerator by use of the photo in its report.

A curious turn of events worthy of a novel by Lewis Carroll.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Through the Looking Glass?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I feel like we could potentially get hired as a B team, say serving BRN staff lunch at a food van and fill in for A team on the computer thingy if they get sick. Please note, am happy to work for options 🤓
Great idea . Count me in on that . I reckon we could be good working on the computer thingy with the creative back up of a bottle of scotch and some Eskimo Ice . Where do we submit our CV or LinkedIn account and my Nancy Pelosi fan club badge .( I am not a Nancy )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
How about this, they're now using snow as a way of cooling down data centres:

"The upside of data centers, Brody adds, is that they aggregate computer operations under one roof instead of dispersing them across several locations. "I'm 100% in favor of snow-cooled and other low-impact data centers, regardless of whether or not you have Bitcoin in them," he says."

• Wow
  • Love

uiux

Regular
1662546997689.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

ndefries

Regular
This is pretty huge. Can you see the convergence. everything is coming together. MegaChips is going to be able to offer complete solutions for billions of low powered internet enabled edgeAI devices in all locations (including remote places) enabling Akida's low powered sensor fusion to operate securely and when necessary return actionable information to centralised GPU. Our future edgeAI wearables will be able to stay connected, call for help, provide updated advice from other devices.

Remember when Qualcomm preached the future of everything connected to everything. This technology will be part of that future.

Autonomous driving is smarter and safer and faster from the live updates on the ground shared with edge AI devices powered by Akida.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Quiltman

Regular
This is pretty huge. Can you see the convergence. everything is coming together. MegaChips is going to be able to offer complete solutions for billions of low powered internet enabled edgeAI devices in all locations (including remote places) enabling Akida's low powered sensor fusion to operate securely and when necessary return actionable information to centralised GPU. Our future edgeAI wearables will be able to stay connected, call for help, provide updated advice from other devices.

Remember when Qualcomm preached the future of everything connected to everything. This technology will be part of that future.

Autonomous driving is smarter and safer and faster from the live updates on the ground shared with edge AI devices powered by Akida.

Partly to maintain the rage from FF, but I had a chuckle when I saw this ...

1662548868338.png

• Haha
  • Fire

Jumpchooks

Regular
Chart looks similar to before. Market wise the ASX XTX is sitting on 38.2% Fib retrace level following the rise since June. US market is a coin toss & can go either way dragging everything with it. USD & bond yields remain high which isn't good for markets. US CPI numbers due next week can move the markets up & down.

View attachment 16062
I appreciate the concept, but looking at tea leaves and listening to the 1000 eyes spins my fan more. Please don't take offence

Reactions: 3 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

Great Post :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom