BRN Discussion Ongoing

Interesting:

From their website:

“Artificial IntelligentWe find the path for a safer life with AI.
From detection to tracking and classification, the AI-based core algorithm of Vueron enables the 3D point cloud to transform accurate and highly valuable information into useful data for a comfortable life”

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Weird why he mentioned Tesla
Because a good proportion of the human inhabitants of earth know about Tesla and don't forget he's trying to drum up some investor money.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
New Prophesee Tweet

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
South Korea’s Samsung Electronics Co. is warning that the semiconductor industry could be in for a rocky close to 2022.

A senior executive at the world’s largest maker of memory chips said the outlook for the second half of the year is gloomy, and Samsung is not yet seeing momentum for a recovery next year. Rival chipmakers such as SK Hynix Inc. and Micron Technology Inc. have cautioned about slowing demand in recent weeks.

“The general perception earlier this year was that the second half of would be better than the first half, but from April to May, it changed drastically,” said Kyung Kyehyun, head of Samsung’s Device Solutions Division, which oversees the company’s semiconductor operations. “The world is changing so quickly.”

Kyung made the comments during a rare briefing at the company’s new chip fab in Pyeongtaek on Wednesday. Samsung’s strategy is to respond faster to market changes, rather than stick to an investment plan prepared in advance, Kyung said during the event. That said, the company will do its best to keep capital expenditures steady, he added.

Samsung historically has invested heavily in new chip initiatives, which now include the foundry business to better compete with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. for global customers. Samsung kicked off mass production of 3-nanometer chips at its foundry in June, edging out TSMC in a race to build the most advanced chips in the world. Samsung will work on improving the performance and lowering the cost of the chips, as it aims to create its next-generation 3 nm chips in 2024, Kyung said.

Besides a slumping chip market, Samsung is also struggling with the clash between China and the US. While South Korea has historically aligned with Washington, the tech giant counts on being able to sell chips, smartphones and other products into the massive Chinese market. Samsung has both customers and factories in China.

“It is difficult for us to miss such a market, and there are many important customers,” said Kyung. “We’re trying to find a win-win solution for everyone in the midst of this conflict.”

The US government is tightening flows of technologies to China, most recently restricting sales of artificial intelligence chips and cutting-edge chip gear to Chinese customers. It is also considering moves to restrict US investment in Chinese tech companies, while at the same time offering billions of dollars in incentives to bolster semiconductor production on American soil. Washington is demanding that any chipmaker receiving a part of the federal grant refrain from manufacturing advanced chips in China for a period of ten years. The Korean government is seeking to negotiate that with US officials.

As the US beefs up efforts to solidify a chip supply chain at home, Samsung announced plans for an advanced $17 billion chip plant in Taylor, Texas, with construction slated to start later this year.

The new plant would lure new clients with closer partnerships, Kyung said, adding the company will continue to invest in the US. Samsung has also floated the idea of a broad expansion of its semiconductor manufacturing facilities in Texas, laying out potential plans to spend almost $200 billion on 11 plants in a series of filings in the state in July.

Seoul is joining working-level talks with US, Taiwan and Japan to explore ways to further corral China’s ambition become a world’s leader in chip technology and lower its dependence on the West.

On Washington’s initiative, dubbed the Chip 4 alliance, Kyung said he hoped South Korea will “seek understanding from China first, and then negotiate with the US.” But he also said, “In the long run, it may be difficult to put new equipment into our fabs in China.”

Why isn’t Australia getting in on this action. What stops us fabricating chips here, providing incentives to the likes of Samsung to build factories here?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
Why isn’t Australia getting in on this action. What stops us fabricating chips here, providing incentives to the likes of Samsung to build factories here?
Imo I believe Politicians and political parties in Aust unfortunately are essentially self serving and only see as far as their next term and own future.

Not the bigger picture or long game.

They talk a good game but generally lack conviction.

There are some who do...like the Qld pollie Rob Borbidge, who backed the gun control after Port Arthur and sealed his fate sadly.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
One of the issues TSMC had in the last year or so was an inability to get clean water for use in processing because of a drought affecting Taiwan.

It would be pretty easy to provide stable government, all the infrastructure including power, water and land as well as a skilled workforce, work visas and taxation holidays.

By the way Lucid Vision not only work with Prophesee but also with ARM, Xilinx and Sony.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
One of the issues TSMC had in the last year or so was an inability to get clean water for use in processing because of a drought affecting Taiwan.

It would be pretty easy to provide stable government, all the infrastructure including power, water and land as well as a skilled workforce, work visas and taxation holidays.

By the way Lucid Vision not only work with Prophesee but also with ARM, Xilinx and Sony.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF what do u think New IPhone 14 Specs
A16 Bionic features an accelerated 5-core GPU with 50 percent more memory bandwidth — perfect for graphics-intensive games and apps — and a new 16-core Neural Engine capable of nearly 17 trillion operations per second. Using Apple’s best-in-class fusion architecture to combine performance and energy savings, the chip delivers more performance with a fraction of the power compared to the competition.

norice Words Neural and fraction of the power. possibly Akida ????

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Megachips Doug Fairbairn interview:

Edit: I just finished listening to it. The information is very good however Douglas sounds tired and flat. Maybe it’s just a bad day!

I speak with more passion about Brainchip with my friends than I just heard from Douglas. Even when Douglas is asked about his passions at the end: they sound very interesting, travel, golf, cycling etc however his tone, pace of speech etc make it sound painful to him and hard to listen to.

I’m hoping he shows more passion when speaking to clients.

He does come across as a nice guy and obviously smart and knowledgeable so hopefully that translates to sales and establishing a market as he is responsible for pushing Brainchip for MegaChips!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Fox151

Regular
I just read a poorly written article about the new iPhone in the news. Has anyone ogred it yet? Or is there a chance we've sneaked in?

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
This energy crises is a shitshow. BRN plays an important role with energy reduction. We are in the right place at the right time. We can spin up some could factual narratives and how much energy we can save.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Jefwilto

Regular
An update on the Viana share sale notice. Yes he sold about one third to fund the tax. The Boardroom are contracted to provide Company Secretary services to Brainchip in Australia and prepared and lodged the notice. They have been requested to correct the error.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks Stable,Brainchip are mentioned at about the 7:20 mark its good to get a mention 😊

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
Lol... i guess hes right about the garage part - I think Peter and Anil we're at least inside with the comfort of air conditioning

1662596568056.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Cardpro

Regular
Although this is an old news, "third-generation Valeo SCALA LiDAR offers a resolution nearly 50 times that of the second-generation device. The technology comes with unique data collection features, allowing Stellantis to pave the way for new vehicle experiences."

Meaning that they need a powerful & efficient algorithms to process the additional massive data... (i.e Akida imo)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Megachips Doug Fairbairn interview:

Edit: I just finished listening to it. The information is very good however Douglas sounds tired and flat. Maybe it’s just a bad day!

I speak with more passion about Brainchip with my friends than I just heard from Douglas. Even when Douglas is asked about his passions at the end: they sound very interesting, travel, golf, cycling etc however his tone, pace of speech etc make it sound painful to him and hard to listen to.

I’m hoping he shows more passion when speaking to clients.

He does come across as a nice guy and obviously smart and knowledgeable so hopefully that translates to sales and establishing a market as he is responsible for pushing Brainchip for MegaChips!
It is a little while since I read his CV and at the time I noted his age but what I think MegaChips were buying was his long history, contacts and credibility with the US semiconductor market. You don’t have what he has on his CV and only be 30 years of age.

I have seen a number of interviews with him now and his fatigued state in this one was not evident so we need to have regard to things like working at home because he had Covid(very common in US), jet lagged having been to Japan and only recently returned, hour of the day when this interview took place, there are a whole range of things that can be in play even having been up all night because an infant grandchild had been rushed to hospital.

If we look to the Brainchip half yearly he has certainly been effective in generating addition IP licence fees.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Yasss! If this momentum keeps going, we'll have to heat up the hot tub again real soon.

air-pump-baby-felix.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Steve10

Regular
Chart looks similar to before. Market wise the ASX XTX is sitting on 38.2% Fib retrace level following the rise since June. US market is a coin toss & can go either way dragging everything with it. USD & bond yields remain high which isn't good for markets. US CPI numbers due next week can move the markets up & down.

View attachment 16062

Update today.
BRN Advanced Chart - Market Index_page-0001 (1).jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Steve10

Regular
Similar to this pattern. Target is $1.42 from flagpole. Last rally to $1.27 = +58.75% with 2.9% shares shorted.

Now 5.13% shorted = x1.77 x 58.75% = +104% x 88.5c low = $1.80. Just a thought not a SP target.

1662599081534.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This is an article written by the chief product officer at Tanium which helps business leaders defend against emerging attacks on the next frontier of security vulnerabilities. In terms of connected cars, it's really brings home just how important cybersecurity is and it's quite scary to contemplate just how vulnerable most systems (without Akida) would be.

It says that key fobs, telematics, entertainment systems, and third-party apps are the systems most vulnerable to attack and the situation is so serious that the car industry may one day be required to adopt a cybersecurity rating system similar to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s safety ratings system.

Akida's cybersecurity rating (courtesy of Bravo) = 11 out of 10. (y)

The Connected Car Is The Next Attack Vector​

Nic Surpatanu
Brand Contributor
Tanium
BRANDVOICE| Paid Program
Sep 7, 2022,09:21am EDT

Automotive hacks represent a looming threat for corporate fleets and consumer privacy.

These days, cars are rolling computers. Modern vehicles contain dozens of computer chips that control everything from cabin temperature to braking systems. The software running on these chips features more code—some 100 million lines—than the U.S. Air Force’s F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. But with so many hardware and software components involved in the complex automotive supply chain, connected vehicles can be difficult to secure.

Connected and autonomous cars generate terabytes of data every day, revealing driver locations, driving habits, billing details, and car performance. When people sync their phones or connect to Bluetooth in a car,—whether their own car or a rental,—frequently their call logs, contacts, text messages, music preferences, and even tweets and social media posts are frequently sucked into a car’s data storage. That data can help insurance companies and consumers discern exactly why accidents happen—in dramatic live-video detail.

The dangers to companies that use connected cars are evident as well: Fleets of commercial vehicles could be held hostage, leading to millions in ransom payments and weeks of downtime. An adversary could commandeer a fleet of autonomous vehicles and turn them into a swarm of weapons on wheels.

The treasure trove of highly sensitive data in connected cars requires a whole new level of protection, particularly against ransomware, cyberwar, and other cyberattacks that capitalize on software and hardware vulnerabilities. Corporations need to bolster their autonomous vehicles with the same kinds of risk management systems they use to protect their other IT networks, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS), patch management, and threat hunting.

My job as the chief product officer at Tanium centers around helping business leaders defend against emerging attacks on the next frontier of security vulnerabilities. Connected cars honestly keep me up at night. But I am confident that companies and governments will continue to make strides in hardening vehicle defenses.

What companies are up against

Hacking cars and trucks has become downright easy. The world got a wake-up call in 2014 when security researchers were able to exploit a flaw in a car’s cellular connection to remotely kill the engine, cut the brakes, and hijack the steering of an SUV from 10 miles away. And late in 2021, a 19-year-old broke into more than two dozen electric vehicles across 13 countries from his home in Germany. He was able to control locks, lights, and temperature, as well as learn a car’s location and the owner’s email address—both potential commodities hackers could buy and sell.
At the DefCon hacking conference, Tanium’s own Connor Ivens demonstrated how easy it continues to be to break into a car. Ivens and his white-hat teammates were able to steal a car’s sensitive vehicle identification number—legally, of course. (The team failed to deploy the airbags and turn on and off a simulated “cloud car” by the auto-hacking competition’s deadline, although they’re hopeful they will succeed at the next one.)
The SUV hacked in 2014 and more recent breaches have been a serious eye opener for manufacturers and automotive suppliers to take cybersecurity more seriously. But as a host of experts discussed in a recent article, we have a lot to learn about the growing risk of cybercrime following auto hacks.

Where hackers go

Hackers are looking to exploit vulnerabilities wherever money can be gained, whether that’s ransomware attacks on fleets or stealing sensitive data such as customer billing details from EV charging stations. “The general rule is simple: They’ll focus on achieving the highest payday,” Guy Molho, vice president of products at Upstream, told Tanium. Upstream’s security technology is installed in more than 10 million vehicles worldwide.
Ransomware attacks on fleets are the No. 1 concern among researchers. Multiple attacks have targeted the nearly $800 billion U.S. trucking industry over the past few years. Internet-connected and autonomous vehicles are particularly susceptible to exploits because of the daunting complexity of their software systems.
Key fobs, telematics, entertainment systems, and third-party apps are the systems most vulnerable to attack. Also at risk is the entire environment in which vehicles operate, which includes the servers, satellites, and cell towers they communicate with, as well as infrastructure like smart traffic lights, embedded roadway sensors, and charging stations.

Time to defend

Auto manufacturers and suppliers have a lot of work to do to bolster their cybersecurity defenses. Meanwhile, regulators are compelling them to take action.
New regulations from the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) establish cybersecurity performance and audit requirements for all new vehicle types sold in 2022 and all new vehicle registrations starting in 2024. U.S. automakers will need to abide by the rules if they want to sell cars in UNECE’s 56 member states. It’s possible the auto industry may one day adopt a cybersecurity rating system similar to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s safety ratings, allowing consumers to shop for cars based on how well they meet security standards.
Automotive companies will continue to provide updates to their security and other internal software, but it is uncertain how effective those measures will be. Companies that own or operate connected fleets will need to employ the same or better cyber hygiene and patch management as they do with their other digital assets. They will also need to closely watch for emerging threats.
Billions have been invested in connected-car technologies, and there’s no going back to pre-internet days. The entire ecosystem of automotive companies, suppliers, and regulatory agencies now needs to work together to collectively ensure that security takes a front seat in the cars and trucks of the future.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

jk6199

Regular
Bid / Ask ratios getting interesting for shares?

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom