BRN Discussion Ongoing

Oops, I just 'liked' your post FF 🤔😆
I think what we need is a second like button in a different colour which when selected is taken to mean I did not really like your post but there was nothing else to choose and I needed to mark it in some way so I did not have to endure the pain of reading it again to discover that I did not like it and wished that there was a second like button in a different colour which when selected is taken to mean I do not really like your post but there was......
😂🤣😂🤣🤦‍♂️

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

ndefries

Regular
A tiny update on the Brainchip Synopsys link.

I have had confirmed unofficially that Synopsys is a supplier to Brainchip. I do not know what they supply. I may receive more unofficial information but unofficially it was agreed that it could be seen as strange that as a supplier only that they would use this image in their report.

My official position is that I have no doubt that it is definitely not by happenstance.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
would it be less of a coincidence if they were an early access partner and have found a need for Akida in their product offerings. hmmmmm??

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

uiux

Regular
would it be less of a coincidence if they were an early access partner and have found a need for Akida in their product offerings. hmmmmm??

It's bizarre they used the accelerator graphic and not this sexy beast:

1662528416112.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

ndefries

Regular
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

JK200SX

Regular
And I make fabulous cappuccinos
And I can make an awesome lamb gyros, like they've never tasted before in the US.

1662528798334.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users
It's bizarre they used the accelerator graphic and not this sexy beast:

View attachment 16059
Hi @uiux
I am sure that @butcherano will not mind me telling just you that he after seeing the picture which I emailed to him did one of his deep dives into Synopsys and found that in a quarterly report in late 2020 after the release of the AKD1000 engineering samples they used the image there as well. So I suppose they might not have need for one of the latest Mini PCi Boards given how long they have been engaged in some way with Brainchip.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 36 users
Speaking of Synopsys...a snippet of a comment I did like from one of their Tech Bulletins.

The Evolution of Neural Processing for Embedded Applications​

Gordon Cooper, Product Marketing Manager, ARC Processors

"Complex Neural Networks Require NPU Improvements"

"An NPU’s neural network acceleration must evolve to better support the latest neural network models. They must evolve from a CNN engine to a broader AI engine."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Slade

Top 20
NASA is also testing lots of neuromorphic options

View attachment 16058

Could SiFive directly integrate Akida IP - possibly

Its not a given yet
No, nothing is a given. But I am pretty sure they will choose the SiFive Akida option.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
07.09.2022 | 04:44

BUY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WITH THE STOCKS: INFINEON, BRAINCHIP, PORSCHE, VW

Tomorrow's high-tech applications would be inconceivable without them: small, miniaturized chips that intelligently control our modern equipment. The nimble marvels not only have to solve their programmed task, but also save electricity and space. Engineering centers around the world are trying to develop chips that learn through exogenous influences, that is, they record their environment through speech recognition or corresponding sensors, evaluate states and develop reaction categories. If, for example, an object the size of a ball rolls from the right side of the road across to the middle of the lane, such systems should trigger braking with the help of optics and sensors. Bravo if it works - where are the opportunities in the current stock downturn?

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
INFINEON - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE HAS NO LONGER BEEN IMPOSSIBLE
BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS – STANDING UP FOR THE HUMAN BRAIN
PORSCHE – VOTE AT VW IN FAVOR OF AN IPO

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS – STANDING UP FOR THE HUMAN BRAIN
The Australian BrainChip Holdings is not a classic chip manufacturer, but an IP company with solutions for the high-tech industry
. The company's positioning and networking is outstanding, which even includes cooperation with Mercedes Benz on the EQXX model. The state-of-the-art EQXX vehicle is preparing to become one of the most promising and durable e-mobiles in the luxury class. Of course, such a vehicle contains a whole hodgepodge of the latest technology and sensors.

During the summer, BrainChip partnered with Prophesee to optimize the AI performance and efficiency of visual computing solutions. Inspired by human vision, Prophesee's technology uses a patented sensor design and AI algorithms that mimic the human eye and brain to see what was previously invisible with standard image-based technology. Perfect areas of application are autonomous driving, industrial automation, IoT as well as augmented and virtual reality. The BrainChip technology "Akida" is the first neuromorphic processor on the market, it also mimics the human brain to analyze only the essential sensor inputs at the time of acquisition and process the data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and energy saving. The technology will go into broader marketing in 2022/23, which should soon be reflected positively in the figures.

After a high of EUR 1.67 in January, the sell-off on the NASDAQ brought it down by almost 63% to currently EUR 0.63.
Operationally, sales in the first half of the year increased by 529% to USD 4.83 million, almost exclusively license revenues. Clearly, general administration, selling and development expenses remain high, rising 37% to $12.9 million. After all, the cash register is still filled with USD 28.4 million at the half-year point. With a positive turn on the NASDAQ, the BrainChip share should be back in full swing.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

TopCat

Regular
While trying to find more on Microsoft’s Hololens I came across this Request For Information from the US Dept of Defence. It’s from January this year. Am trying to find info on any responses. I wonder if Brainchip responded to their request?

2.0 General Requirement
2.1 This Request for Information (RFI) is:

• Seeking information from industry professionals to determine their capabilities to develop and integrate Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) software solutions into Government designated Army vision systems.
  • Being issued solely for information and planning purposes. Various concepts may be examined based upon input provided.

3.2.3 Areas of Interest: Respondents are requested to detail their capabilities and experience (for the Government or commercial customers) with development and integration of any or all of the following AI/ML tasks:

a. Machine Learning Operations (MLOps)
b. AI/ML Algorithm Model Training Data Library
c. AI/ML Model Library
d. AI Model Maintenance Platform
e. AI Enabled Target Detection Algorithms
f. Multi Sensor Data Collection
g. Data Ingestion and Interoperability Service
h. Battlefield Data Processing
i. Tactical to Enterprise Data Federation
j. Federated Data Search and Discovery
k. Regional Terrain Product Availability Selector
l. Multi-Modal Merged Terrain Products
m. Battlefield Data Conditioning
n. Battlefield Data Simplification Application
o. Synthetic Data Generation System
p. Mixed Reality (MR) Soldier Interface
q. AI Assisted 3D Reconstruction
r. Machine Assisted Mission Planning
s. Scaling AI Tactical Predictions Based on Red Force and Blue Force Close Combat Force Capabilities and Terrain
t. AI Enabled Digital Battlefield Assistant
u. Battlefield Language Translation
v. Identification and Recognition of Terrain Bottlenecks and Movement Mobility Limitations Recognition of Woodland and Urban Environments
w. Semantic Segmentation
x. GPS Denied Navigation
y. Human Machine Teaming for Unmanned Vehicle Mission Planning
z. Swarm miniature Unmanned Aerial System (mUAS) for Continual Persistent Surveillance
aa. Radio Frequency (RF)
bb. Sensitive Site Exploitation and Battlefield Intelligence Rapid Analytics
cc. Test and Evaluation Red Team

IVAS, one of the Army’s modernization priorities, is a militarized version of Microsoft’s HoloLens virtual reality headset and is intended to provide soldiers with movement of information, high-level processing, and augmented-reality information.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

butcherano

Regular
Hi @uiux
I am sure that @butcherano will not mind me telling just you that he after seeing the picture which I emailed to him did one of his deep dives into Synopsys and found that in a quarterly report in late 2020 after the release of the AKD1000 engineering samples they used the image there as well. So I suppose they might not have need for one of the latest Mini PCi Boards given how long they have been engaged in some way with Brainchip.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yeah...cheers @Fact Finder.

I was curious about why they used an old image too @uiux.

The Q3 2020 corporate overview for investors from Synopsys had no mention of Brainchip or images of Akida.

But the Q4 2020 preso is where the image made it's first appearance. And the evaluation boards first shipped to EAP customers in Nov 2020. So this was revealed by Synopsys very soon after and probably before any new images of the evaluation boards were circulating. Looks like they've just left the old image in the same slide for all subsequent presentations.

https://www.synopsys.com/content/da...tions/corporate-overview-investor-q4-2020.pdf

1662531608127.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
Speaking of Synopsys...a snippet of a comment I did like from one of their Tech Bulletins.

The Evolution of Neural Processing for Embedded Applications​

Gordon Cooper, Product Marketing Manager, ARC Processors

"Complex Neural Networks Require NPU Improvements"

"An NPU’s neural network acceleration must evolve to better support the latest neural network models. They must evolve from a CNN engine to a broader AI engine."

Great article FMF but I am sort of happily confused by the following paragraph:

“New DesignWare ARC NPX6 NPU IP​

To keep pace with the evolving neural network advancements and the growing demand for higher performance, Synopsys has recently introduced the DesignWare® ARC® NPX6 (Fig 4) NPU IP. The NPX6 NPU IP addresses demands of real-time compute with ultra-low power consumption for deep learning applications. The NPX6 NPU IP is Synopsys’ sixth generation neural network accelerator IP.”

Synopsys claims it’s own neural network accelerator IP yet chooses to use and thereby advertise and by implication endorse/recommend Brainchip’s artificial intelligence accelerator by use of the photo in its report.

A curious turn of events worthy of a novel by Lewis Carroll.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users
Id love to work at Brainchip too.

Rob, Anil, Ken, Pete, Sean, if any of you are reading, I have no idea about neuromorphic technology but I love the company, am a passionate shareholder and could sell ice to Eskimos. 🤣
I think I would keep quiet about selling ice.😂

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 29 users

To keep pace with the evolving neural network advancements and the growing demand for higher performance, Synopsys has recently introduced the DesignWare® ARC® NPX6 (Fig 4) NPU IP. The NPX6 NPU IP addresses demands of real-time compute with ultra-low power consumption for deep learning applications. The NPX6 NPU IP is Synopsys’ sixth generation neural network accelerator IP.”

Synopsys claims it’s own neural network accelerator IP yet chooses to use and thereby advertise and by implication endorse/recommend Brainchip’s artificial intelligence accelerator by use of the photo in its report.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It is all a little confusing as you say.

One other thing I found interesting is the highlighted bit below from another paragraph.

Whilst I know it's not the sole domain of BRN, any chance of a hand in this somewhere?

There are multiple sizes of NPX6 NPU IP to choose from to meet specific application performance requirements. The NPX6 NPU’s scalable architecture is based on individual cores that can scale from 4K of MACs to 96K MACs. A single NPX6 Processor can deliver up to 250 TOPS at 1.3 GHz on 5nm processes in worst case conditions, or up to 440 TOPS by using new sparsity features, which can increase the performance and decrease energy demands of a neural network.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Fox151

Regular
have we reached peak obsession with this?
Maybe his oh shit expression is cause he realises people like you will respond like this, no matter how big the fishes he signs...

The answer to your question is clearly no.

Try to cheer up and be a little more glass half full.... you'll live longer.

Reactions: 5 users

Lex555

Regular
And I can make an awesome lamb gyros, like they've never tasted before in the US.

View attachment 16060
I feel like we could potentially get hired as a B team, say serving BRN staff lunch at a food van and fill in for A team on the computer thingy if they get sick. Please note, am happy to work for options 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Steve10

Regular
Chart looks similar to before. Market wise the ASX XTX is sitting on 38.2% Fib retrace level following the rise since June. US market is a coin toss & can go either way dragging everything with it. USD & bond yields remain high which isn't good for markets. US CPI numbers due next week can move the markets up & down.

BRN Advanced Chart - Market Index_page-0001.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

ndefries

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
i found this section very interesting. It is exactly the optimisation options that were discussed recently around Akida.

the NPX IP and high-productivity programming tools optimize the performance, power, and area of high-performance SoCs for a broad range of embedded AI applications, including advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), surveillance, digital TVs and cameras, and data center and edge server inference.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

ndefries

Regular
Maybe his oh shit expression is cause he realises people like you will respond like this, no matter how big the fishes he signs...

The answer to your question is clearly no.

Try to cheer up and be a little more glass half full.... you'll live longer.
oh i am cheered up. i am just as much obsessed. It's just funny sometimes to see how detailed people on this forum are!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I feel like we could potentially get hired as a B team, say serving BRN staff lunch at a food van and fill in for A team on the computer thingy if they get sick. Please note, am happy to work for options 🤓
As a shareholder who is not keen on dilution I would be more than happy for you to receive options. What about the option to use the front and back doors or wear short sleeve t shirts on hot days.😎

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom