BRN Discussion Ongoing

US-China Tech Rivalry | How China will Surpass USA in Key 21st Century Technologies by 2030

⌚ Timestamps: 00:45 How China is Leading in Modern Technologies against USA 02:45 US-China Rivalry in Artificial Intelligence 05:17 US-China Rivalry in 5G 07:58 US-China Rivalry in Quantum Information Science 12:07 US-China Rivalry in Semiconductors 14:24 US-China Rivalry in Bio Technology 16:31 US-China Rivalry in Green Energy In 1999, the U.S.National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine reported that USA would remain the single largest inventor of future knowledge as it remained in the 20th century in applying the yesterday’s science fiction technologies like powerful mini computers, smart machines, animal cloning, internet,and talking electronic road maps. Reviewing that report today, the elephant in the room it missed was China. As per the wisdom of late 20th Century, China hardly mattered. By 2010, this situation was beginning to change. China had grown into a low-cost manufacturing hub for multibillion dollar global giants. Today, China’s rapid rise to challenge U.S. dominance of technology has captured America’s attention. As per former Director of CIA, this tech rivalry is the main arena for competition between USA and China. In 2020, China produced more than 250 million computers, 25 million automobiles, and 1.5 billion smart phones, thus displacing America as world’s top high-tech manufacturer. Apart from becoming world’s leading low cost producer, China has challenged USA in the most advanced technologies of 21st century including quantum information science, semiconductors, artificial intelligence, 5 & 6G, green energy, and biotechnology. In some area, China has already achieved number one status. In others, on current trajectories, it will overtake United States of America by end of this decade. Artificial Intelligence being one of the most advanced technologies of this century will have the greatest impact on economics and security in the decades to come. The former CEO of Google Eric Schmidt said that China is now a full-spectrum peer competitor of USA in AI. Indeed, China has already overtaken the U.S. to become the world’s undisputed Number One in many fields of Artificial Intelligence. In speech technology, Chinese firms are beating American firms in every language, even in English. China’s iFlytek has become the world’s top voice recognition platform with 700 million users, almost twice the number of people who speak to Apple’s Siri. Similar trends are being observed in 5G spectrum. With increase of a hundredfold in speed, fiftyfold in reliability, and tenfold in device connections, 5G promises to enable next generation applications no one can even imagine today. By 2035, 5G will create a global economy of the size of India, the major share of which will be occupied by China. Today, China is the single largest 5G market in the world having 87% of the world’s total 5G connections. All three important subfields within quantum information science including quantum computing, quantum communication, and quantum sensing were historically led by United States of America. But now, China is quickly catching up. Rather, in some cases, China has already overtaken America. Semiconductor is a core element for modern technologies including AI, automobiles, computers, weapons, high tech machines, and many more. That is why these are an essential general-purpose driver in the U.S. China tech rivalry. The United States of America retains its semiconductor dominance that it has had from the last 50 years, but this position has been gradually eroded by domestic underinvestment and rising overseas competition. Although the U.S. still leads in chip design and manufacturing inputs, its share of semiconductor fabrication has reduced from 37% in 1990 to 12% today. Biotechnology is a emerging technology derived from discoveries in the life sciences, encompassing diverse categories like biochemistry, genomics, molecular biology, and more. Looking towards this field, the U.S. is the undisputed leader in biotech, but China is competing fiercely across the full biotech R&D spectrum, and in some instances even winning the race. The U.S. had been the primary inventor of new green energy technologies over the past two decades. Today, China has taken the lead in manufacturing and deploying those technologies, allowing it to dominate multiple links of the green energy supply chain. China has already achieved the ‘Made in China 2025’ goal of a dominant role in this century’s new industries. -Copyright Disclaimer: Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976. The footage/video, audio, image etc in this content is used under term of the fair use, permitted by Copyright statute, for the purpose of education, news reporting, explanation, commenting and analysis. - All contents on Miltech Insights are presented for educational, analytical, critic and new reporting purposes of the masses.

That was an eye opener
The USA,Australia And the rest of the world better wake the hell up quick smart
With all the EV coming on line in the next few years it’s going to take a lot of batteries
Unless there is a major change of technology and we can run the cars on Co2
China might be the new go too, that is if it’s not already.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hi Rise
At about page 217 is the following confirmation that Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar are at least 5 to 10 years ahead of the Chinese:

“Brain-like intelligence

Current deep learning technology is largely data-driven and relies heavily on large quantities of labeled data and powerful computing. Backpropagation training algorithms need continuous enhancement in terms of model robustness, capacity to generalize, and interpretability. Drawing on and imitating
the way biological neurons work, brain-
like intelligence creates digital neurons with richer functionality and promises to enable learning that is event-triggered, uses pulse encoding, and is coordinated both temporally and spatially. Using neurodynamic principles, brain-like computing can deliver both short- term plasticity and long-term memory, and is capable of adaptive adjustment and learning
in open environments. Inspired by the sparse connectivity and recursive form of the biological brain, no computation will be performed without pulses, which greatly reduces energy consumption. In the next five to ten years,
if breakthroughs in related technologies are made, brain-like computing is likely to begin to outperform other models, as well as consuming less power, in many computing tasks, and
be applied in smart devices, wearables, and autonomous vehicles

My opinion as well but DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes I took particular notice of that in the document from hawuwei . Glad you took the time to have a look at it . I'm not one to lay things out for people I'll present something but I leave it up to people to make their own effort to find the pearls I believe I've found in articles. Much appreciated Fact Finder. Lots to read in that document that gives me full confidence we going to become a behemoth in the industry and the future industries we spawn

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha
  • Fire

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
That was an eye opener
The USA,Australia And the rest of the world better wake the hell up quick smart
With all the EV coming on line in the next few years it’s going to take a lot of batteries
Unless there is a major change of technology and we can run the cars on Co2
China might be the new go too, that is if it’s not already.

U.S. ban on Nvidia and AMD A.I. chip sales will restrict China’s and Russia’s militaries—and may curb tech advances in other fields too​

1662051877402.png

Visitors stop by an Nvidia booth at a conference in Hangzhou, China, in 2021. Nvidia announced in an SEC filing that it could lose up to $400 million in sales of high-end chips that can no longer be sold to Chinese customers.
FEATURE CHINA/FUTURE PUBLISHING

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
I know someone who was present when the wall came down. He souveniered a small piece, along with a photo of him smashing at the wall, and hence that is the only piece I‘d ever believe to be authentic. Even as such, it did just appear to be a nondescript piece of concrete. One could easily get flogged off a fake.
Someone from my family was there and helped break them up. He brought me a piece and I have no doubt that it is real I have seen his photos. The stories of him are a subject for the bar, incredible. I was looking for it today but haven't found it yet. I guess my piece of the wall is in my family home I have to go there first. @Frank Zappa when I have it I will take a picture then you can see if yours was real. Your description is about the same as mine. The color and coarse inclusions were striking. I'll get back to you when I have it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

stuart888

Regular
Good morning from Germany

Just had a look at Valeos ai-website; partners are listed at the bottom of the page, first of all „EPFL“, this is the university of Lausanne, where Nviso comes from.

Regards
cassip

Valeo LiDAR Technical Director Clément Nouvel explains how this innovative technology works, how it’s accelerating the development of autonomous driving for safer, smarter mobility, and what to expect in the coming years.

1662061020490.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

MDhere

Regular
Exactly. I remember his face on a Billboard in England advertising Vodka . As it is always better to have the advertised product positioned in the upper right hand side , his face was on the left side of the billboard. As a result the advertiser repositioned the very recognisable birth mark to the right hand side of his forehead. It took ages before the media picked it up and the Vodka got a double shot of advertising. That was 1981
i do find that whole top right side of advertising an interesting phenomenon how our brain works with that. And looky here our very own Company has used this in that giant billboard positioning of the kite soaring. Cloud-Free Future is Now. Brainchip. And the kite soaring on the top right corner.
It definitely took my attention as thats my next $2 tatt.
Very clever top right marketing.
20220902_070851.jpg
20220728_131359.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
i do find that whole top right side of advertising an interesting phenomenon how our brain works with that. And looky here our very own Company has used this in that giant billboard positioning of the kite soaring. Cloud-Free Future is Now. Brainchip. And the kite soaring on the top right corner.
Very clever top right marketing. View attachment 15663 View attachment 15664
That image is haunting reminds me of a very very long time ago when I tried magic mushrooms (never again)

• Haha

MDhere

Regular
That image is haunting reminds me of a very very long time ago when I tried magic mushrooms (never again)
lol never tried magic mushrooms but ok i may suck at drawing. The kite will be smaller and orange lol . Rise please don't post a pic of any in top right corner.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
True enough. And I notice that the direction in the SP would be crazy and can't be right if the string of the dragon is supposed to symbolize something, apart from the fact that I find the real tattoo simply awesome.

Reactions: 4 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
If you get a tattoo at every $, hopefully you look like this guy in 3 years.

1662070476288.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
im off to work but this have some good insights

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

db1969oz

Regular
I will assume you have had the first ($1) tattoo removed and redone several times now? Lol.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
What is meeting Tax obligation?
Is AV kicking goals.
Screenshot_20220902_083309_Samsung Notes.jpg

Learning
It's great to be a shareholder.

Reactions: 5 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
What is meeting Tax obligation?
View attachment 15667
Learning
Essentially, he had a large tax bill and needed the cash to pay it.

In certain jurisdictions, you have tax to pay at the end of the financial year in which your shares vest. So he had a large number of shares vest, and needed $$ to pay the bill.

• Love

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Essentially, he had a large tax bill and needed the cash to pay it.

In certain jurisdictions, you have tax to pay at the end of the financial year in which your shares vest. So he had a large number of shares vest, and needed $$ to pay the bill.
Thanks alwaysgreen,

Learning.

Reactions: 2 users

Baisyet

Regular
We are into September but Podcast announcement is so quiet.

Hi @Learning
Under US tax law when the ownership of the shares vests/transfers then tax is payable as these shares form part of his salary package. He has elected to convert a portion of these shares into cash to pay the tax.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom