BRN Discussion Ongoing

Getupthere

Regular

How smart was Brainchip!

Two years ago our former CEO Lou told everyone that brainchip was not going after the Chinese market.

Everyone was so surprised.

They had the smarts and didn’t invest time, Money and resources to chasing the Chinese market.

Well done BRN management team!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

stan9614

Regular
Hi Stan
It is an interesting question however I think in the granting of the patent the originality of the invention is being confirmed and so logically it is hard to argue it is not material.

I suppose if it was a random inventive idea unrelated to the company’s activities it might not be material. Having said this it is reasonably expensive of time and money to pursue a patent so shareholders would be justifiably angry about a company pursue flights of fantasy through the patent process.

So I personally cannot think of a situation where a granted patent would not be material.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi, FF
this is what I think as well. Is there anyway I could communicate we you privately, by email or sms?Whichever way you feel comfortable. Totally understand if you prefer not to though.

Reactions: 3 users
I can confirm that the mutual fund and institutional ownership of BRN shares on the MSN Money site is live:

View attachment 15645
Thanks for this @JK200SX I was not wrong to have sympathy for the accumulators in this present market.

Poor old Vanguard Investments Australia trying their best to accumulate and selfish panicked irrational retail just will not sell unless it is part of their previously decided strategic plan.

The system just does not work for the big end of town when retail investors do their own research and have a strategic plan in place to carry them through the ups and downs of the share market.

I think its time for the Government to step in and introduce a course in schools on how to be an irrational retail investor before this gets entirely out of hand and there is a transfer of wealth from the haves to the have nots in this country.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Hi, FF
this is what I think as well. Is there anyway I could communicate we you privately, by email or sms?Whichever way you feel comfortable. Totally understand if you prefer not to though.
Just click on the envelope next to Fact Finder on any of my posts and this takes you into the private message space here on TSEx. It works perfectly.
Regards
FF.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
Reactions: 6 users

Slade

Top 20

How smart was Brainchip!

Two years ago our former CEO Lou told everyone that brainchip was not going after the Chinese market.

Everyone was so surprised.

They had the smarts and didn’t invest time, Money and resources to chasing the Chinese market.

Well done BRN management team!
Yes, smart as a USA based company not to focus on chip sales to China. Even smarter to have Renesas, MegaChips, ARM, SiFive and Prophesee collect revenue from China on our behalf.

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
Hi @Stable Genius ,

"Renesas already acquired >1B$ business and high quality support is required for OEM/Tier1 for their smooth development and mass production launch".

I though this might have been referring to the Renesas announcement that @Makeme 2020 posted yesterday #28,417 that " That it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Steradian Semiconductors Private Limited (“Steradian”), a fabless semiconductor company based in Bengaluru, India, that provides 4D imaging radar solutions, in an all-cash transaction. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of 2022, subject to customary closing conditions. The acquisition of Steradian's radar technology will enable Renesas to extend its reach in the radar market and boost its automotive and industrial sensing solution offerings.

It also says "With the advancements of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) in the automotive market, automotive sensor fusion demand is growing to allow precise and accurate object detection of vehicles’ surroundings by combining data from multiple sensors, such as cameras, radar and LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging). Radar in particular accurately detects objects over long distances, day or night, even during harsh weather or other adverse environmental conditions. For these reasons, radar is considered an essential sensing technology for ADAS, and the number of radar sensors installed in vehicles is expected to triple over the next five years (Note). To respond to such growth potential, Renesas is expanding its automotive product portfolio with Steradian’s radar technology."

I personally see this as a very significant development, especially if Renesas intend to pair Steradian's radar technology with AKIDA for the whole sensor fusion thingamajig. 🤞

@Bravo

Good call! I’ve been busy with work and skim reading a bit lately so I missed that connection with Renesas new purchase. Thanks for pointing it out.

That would be awesome if we are involved in Radars. Sounds like there is a niche there for us. There are so many opportunities for Brainchip I think it’s just a matter of the company picking a few winners and pushing them in the first instance. Which is what I’m sure they’re doing.

I know you can‘t just rely on trust and good faith, especially when you’re playing with your retirement/life savings etc however there is also a point where you have to put faith in the research about the technology, and Team, be it management, sales, patents, contracts etc and wait for the income to roll in. Obviously if you‘re not as confident you can wait until later to see the contracts but expect to be paying more. Everyone’s different.

Appreciate you kindly sharing your research Bravo.

Cheers,

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Was there a mention of Podcast for this month?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
@Bravo

Good call! I’ve been busy with work and skim reading a bit lately so I missed that connection with Renesas new purchase. Thanks for pointing it out.

That would be awesome if we are involved in Radars. Sounds like there is a niche there for us. There are so many opportunities for Brainchip I think it’s just a matter of the company picking a few winners and pushing them in the first instance. Which is what I’m sure they’re doing.

I know you can‘t just rely on trust and good faith, especially when you’re playing with your retirement/life savings etc however there is also a point where you have to put faith in the research about the technology, and Team, be it management, sales, patents, contracts etc and wait for the income to roll in. Obviously if you‘re not as confident you can wait until later to see the contracts but expect to be paying more. Everyone’s different.

Appreciate you kindly sharing your research Bravo.

Cheers,

Hi @Stable Genius, thanks so much , that's very kind of you. 🤗 Likewise, I appreciate everyone who shares their research and wisdom, no matter how big or small the contribution is. Sometimes it takes a village!

lioncubfam-group-hug.gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

stan9614

Regular
Reactions: 9 users

Violin1

Regular
Hi, FF
Be aware though @stan9614 - FF is like those recent sightings of the Thylacine - he's shy by nature and exceedingly difficult to corner......lol. We even thought for a few weeks that he may have become extinct but thankfully he has re-emerged to great excitement across the globe.......

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

US-China Tech Rivalry | How China will Surpass USA in Key 21st Century Technologies by 2030

⌚ Timestamps: 00:45 How China is Leading in Modern Technologies against USA 02:45 US-China Rivalry in Artificial Intelligence 05:17 US-China Rivalry in 5G 07:58 US-China Rivalry in Quantum Information Science 12:07 US-China Rivalry in Semiconductors 14:24 US-China Rivalry in Bio Technology 16:31 US-China Rivalry in Green Energy In 1999, the U.S.National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine reported that USA would remain the single largest inventor of future knowledge as it remained in the 20th century in applying the yesterday’s science fiction technologies like powerful mini computers, smart machines, animal cloning, internet,and talking electronic road maps. Reviewing that report today, the elephant in the room it missed was China. As per the wisdom of late 20th Century, China hardly mattered. By 2010, this situation was beginning to change. China had grown into a low-cost manufacturing hub for multibillion dollar global giants. Today, China’s rapid rise to challenge U.S. dominance of technology has captured America’s attention. As per former Director of CIA, this tech rivalry is the main arena for competition between USA and China. In 2020, China produced more than 250 million computers, 25 million automobiles, and 1.5 billion smart phones, thus displacing America as world’s top high-tech manufacturer. Apart from becoming world’s leading low cost producer, China has challenged USA in the most advanced technologies of 21st century including quantum information science, semiconductors, artificial intelligence, 5 & 6G, green energy, and biotechnology. In some area, China has already achieved number one status. In others, on current trajectories, it will overtake United States of America by end of this decade. Artificial Intelligence being one of the most advanced technologies of this century will have the greatest impact on economics and security in the decades to come. The former CEO of Google Eric Schmidt said that China is now a full-spectrum peer competitor of USA in AI. Indeed, China has already overtaken the U.S. to become the world’s undisputed Number One in many fields of Artificial Intelligence. In speech technology, Chinese firms are beating American firms in every language, even in English. China’s iFlytek has become the world’s top voice recognition platform with 700 million users, almost twice the number of people who speak to Apple’s Siri. Similar trends are being observed in 5G spectrum. With increase of a hundredfold in speed, fiftyfold in reliability, and tenfold in device connections, 5G promises to enable next generation applications no one can even imagine today. By 2035, 5G will create a global economy of the size of India, the major share of which will be occupied by China. Today, China is the single largest 5G market in the world having 87% of the world’s total 5G connections. All three important subfields within quantum information science including quantum computing, quantum communication, and quantum sensing were historically led by United States of America. But now, China is quickly catching up. Rather, in some cases, China has already overtaken America. Semiconductor is a core element for modern technologies including AI, automobiles, computers, weapons, high tech machines, and many more. That is why these are an essential general-purpose driver in the U.S. China tech rivalry. The United States of America retains its semiconductor dominance that it has had from the last 50 years, but this position has been gradually eroded by domestic underinvestment and rising overseas competition. Although the U.S. still leads in chip design and manufacturing inputs, its share of semiconductor fabrication has reduced from 37% in 1990 to 12% today. Biotechnology is a emerging technology derived from discoveries in the life sciences, encompassing diverse categories like biochemistry, genomics, molecular biology, and more. Looking towards this field, the U.S. is the undisputed leader in biotech, but China is competing fiercely across the full biotech R&D spectrum, and in some instances even winning the race. The U.S. had been the primary inventor of new green energy technologies over the past two decades. Today, China has taken the lead in manufacturing and deploying those technologies, allowing it to dominate multiple links of the green energy supply chain. China has already achieved the ‘Made in China 2025’ goal of a dominant role in this century’s new industries. -Copyright Disclaimer: Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976. The footage/video, audio, image etc in this content is used under term of the fair use, permitted by Copyright statute, for the purpose of education, news reporting, explanation, commenting and analysis. - All contents on Miltech Insights are presented for educational, analytical, critic and new reporting purposes of the masses.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Baisyet

Regular
Just looking at Commsec and if we can get up some momentum it might manage to reach half of one percent of shares on issue being traded today.

It would be very frustrating if you were trying to accumulate a large to substantial holder parcel at the moment without moving the price too much. We need some negatives to be found in the next minute so the last ten minutes can create the momentum necessary.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: I have already had a look for negatives and the most negative thing is the low volume and tight hands of investors which is not much use to the accumulators.
I wish i can accumulate more @FF, I did what ever to reach one set of target but next set of target parcel seems to be hard. I wish i can accumulate more and keep a tight grip on that and not let it go to Sorters. cheers

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
People also need to know that the big players also buy shorts to hedge/protect their investments especially when something catastrophic happens.

Protecting capital is one of their first principles.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
01.09.2022 | 05:10
K+S AG, BRAINCHIP, BAYER – SHARES WAITING

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
K+S AG – STABLE DESPITE SETBACK
BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS – SALES EXPLOSION
BAYER WITH A CHANCE OF A REBOUND

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS – SALES EXPLOSION
The change in strategy by the central bank and the announcement that further interest rate hikes will be introduced have primarily affected growth companies with high capital requirements on the stock exchange. The NASDAQ 100 technology barometer has fallen by around 26% since the beginning of the year. Shares in the Australian IP company BrainChip Holdings even lost 60% over the course of the year after hitting a high for the year at AUD 1.67 in mid-January. However, one must not forget that the share from Down Under became one of the global stock market stars last year and was able to increase more than sevenfold within the last three months of 2021.

From an operational point of view, BrainChip has established itself on the market in recent months. This is shown, among other things, by a cooperation with Mercedes-Benz at EQXX. The Akida technology should make the "Hey, Mercedes" voice control in the EQXX five to ten times more efficient than previous technologies. In addition, the next-generation chip, the proprietary Akida chip, has been accepted into ARM's AI partner program. The advantages over conventional chips are easily explained. The advantages are that Akida is extremely low-power and high-performing, and fuels the growth of edge AI technology by using a neuromorphic architecture, a type of artificial intelligence inspired by the biology of the human brain. BrainChip enables the universal use of efficient edge computing in real-world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics and the Internet of Things.

The impressive sales figures for the first half of the year show that the Akida product has arrived on the market. Revenues increased by 529% to USD 4.83 million compared to the same period last year. According to the Australians, the long-standing partnership with the Japanese company MegaChips was responsible for the quantum leap. According to BrainChip, royalty income from its Akida 1000 technology, booked during the reporting period, was a major contributor to the increase.

As for any highly innovative growth company, total spend grew 37% to $12.9 million. This is due to higher expenses for R&D, sales and marketing, administration and stock-based compensation. The net loss was USD 8.25 million after USD 9.29 million in the first half of 2021. The cash situation has also improved at USD 28.4 million as of June 30, 2022 compared to the previous year when only USD 19.36 million USD in the cash register improved further.

Due to the outstanding technology and the cooperation with global market leaders, BrainChip is considered a potential takeover candidate. Due to the sharp correction, the stock appears attractive in the long term at the current level.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

A Realism Metric for Generated LiDAR Point Clouds​

Larissa T. Triess (Mercedes), Christoph B. Rist (Daimler), David Peter (Bosch), J. Marius Zöllner (Karlsruher Institut)
A considerable amount of research is concerned with the generation of realistic sensor data. LiDAR point clouds are generated by complex simulations or learned generative models. The generated data is usually exploited to enable or improve downstream perception algorithms. Two major questions arise from these procedures: First, how to evaluate the realism of the generated data? Second, does more realistic data also lead to better perception performance? This paper addresses both questions and presents a novel metric to quantify the realism of LiDAR point clouds. Relevant features are learned from real-world and synthetic point clouds by training on a proxy classification task. In a series of experiments, we demonstrate the application of our metric to determine the realism of generated LiDAR data and compare the realism estimation of our metric to the performance of a segmentation model. We confirm that our metric provides an indication for the downstream segmentation performance.

• Love

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
To our more knowledgeable shareholders,

With these patents of Nintendo, would adopting Akida be better?

Screenshot_20220901_215926_Chrome.jpg

Learning.

• Fire
  • Thinking

uiux

Regular
To our more knowledgeable shareholders,

With these patents of Nintendo, would adopting Akida be better?

View attachment 15656
Learning.

I understand that to be an Nvidia thing - there are articles about this

Reactions: 5 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Reactions: 2 users
My approach to researching this industry is having a dream:

"Akida can be in this"

Then I use logic and reason to eliminate the things that "Akida can't be in"

Don't commit to the idea that Akida is in something. Research the technology, the companies and follow the trends. Be objective. If you let yourself become biased you cloud your judgement and ability to reason.

Soon enough you start being able to identify long term trends and can then follow and in some cases preempt significant movements in the world, eg. AUKUS
Wise words right there U. A constructive reminder. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom