BRN Discussion Ongoing

Cardpro

Regular
I wonder why the patent was not announced like the previous ones...:confused::unsure:😵‍💫

Reactions: 8 users

uiux

Regular
I wonder why the patent was not announced like the previous ones...:confused::unsure:😵‍💫

I am pretty sure physical mail is what notifies the company

That's happened with other companies also

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

VictorG

I have a feeling that an additional announcement or two are being prepared for release together with the patent announcement??

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
A bit of news on the latest between the US and China, and how it's affecting the chip industry:

"Without American chips from companies like Nvidia and AMD, Chinese organizations will be unable to cost-effectively carry out the kind of advanced computing used for image and speech recognition, among many other tasks.

Image recognition and natural language processing are common in consumer applications like smartphones that can answer queries and tag photos. They also have military uses such as scouring satellite imagery for weapons or bases and filtering digital communications for intelligence-gathering purposes."
Spongebob Squarepants Worlds Smallest Violin GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

stan9614

Regular

I remember the patent granted on 19/10/2021(us time), BRN announced on asx a day late on the 21/10/21. Then the next day it received asx enquiries regarding to that.

it was the only brn patent announcement got announced on asx a day late. All others of were on time since 2020

Shadow59

Regular

U, I'm pretty sure you're right.
I can see the postie on his way (Perth time remember) on his push bike....and he got a flat tyre...then a dog chased him.... then he ran into Mrs Jones who had somed return to sender mail she wanted him to take... then it was lunch.................

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

uiux

Regular
I remember the patent granted on 19/10/2021(us time), BRN announced on asx a day late on the 21/10/21. Then the next day it received asx enquiries regarding to that.

it was the only brn patent announcement got announced on asx a day late. All others of were on time since 2020

Aye it's been pretty consistent over the years which is why I comfortably set a watch to it. There is also a pattern of these Ann's being bundled with other items.

Who knows though? It seems rather archaic since the patent offices are government orgs already?

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Yes.

Think about the plastic toy elephant. One single AKD1000 chip is presented with a single view of the elephant and takes one shot learns the elephant in one plane and then identifies all elephants from all angles in all types of scenes BOTH real and artificial.

Then, my head is exploding when are they going to announce the next generation AKIDA with LSTM, will take this ability and allow one single AKIDA chip to store input and decide not only is it an elephant but whether it is going to move forward or sideways or lay down in the mud.

Think about ganging more than one together to increase the AKIDA processing power.

Think about how AKIDA technology can function as one and a half nodes and do keyword spotting with 2 passes or be 80 nodes on the AKIDA chip and run Nviso applications like no other processor at 1,000 fps.

Then think about Meta and the suggestion it will need to put its giant banks of GPU’s in Iceland to reduce the costs of keeping them from melting.

Think about the fact that I asked Peter van der Made at the 2019 AGM if AKIDA could do maths as opposed to doing maths to do maths and he said yes.

Then think about the fact that Sandia have published that they have shown using Intel’s Loihi that spiking networks can do traditional computing better and more efficiently than maths accumulate ie spiking computing can do maths.

The thing is anything they can do AKIDA does better it can do everything better than you to.

As Anil Mankar stated at the 2021 Ai Field Day AKIDA processes at speeds well beyond the human brain and also was then the only processor that met and bettered all the proposed bench marks for TinyML.

Then consider that the current AKIDA chip uses scratchpad memory and stores incoming spikes only for so long as it needs to extrapolate what it is being told by the sensor. Just like you as a human when you see a familiar face it does not go through the laborious task of checking every pixel that makes up the complete image it selects just like you the points of similarity and just like you concludes instantly it is your mistress talking to your wife at the front door and initiates the flight response.

My technophobe opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
As the Irish toast goes.... "To my wife and sweetheart........ may they never meet!"

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Haha
  • Love

Absolutely correct.

I have another share where the ASX hit them with a please explain about the delay between the grant and the ASX release and the explanation was as simple as:
1. The Mail
2. The date they received
3. The practical aspects of opening mail drafting release having it approved by the Board and sending to ASX.

The idea it is not going to be announced is completely without foundation.

The CEO Sean Hehir stated at the AGM that patent announcement/s would be made.

The CTO Peter van der Made spoke about patents and releases as they were granted and received at the same AGM.

All previous patents have been announced.

Recently in my communications with the CFO Ken Scarince he mentioned that once granted patents will be announced.

Peter van der Made is a member of the Board and an inventor on the patent and last thing I heard he was working at the French office of Brainchip.

He would need to be consulted along with Anil Mankar who is in the US on the explanation of the patent in the release.

Just relax it will be announced in a timely professional manner in accordance with the ASX Disclosure Rules approved for release by the Board.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Due to current covid 19 delays we are now sending backup
Screenshot_20220901-115314_Brave.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Zedjack33

Regular
WOW

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Cardpro

Regular
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

VictorG

Possibly Akida 5000 ???​

In the year 2003, Andrew Carlson made 126 high-risk trades and didn't even lose a single penny. This strange man only invested 800 dollars and earned 250 million dollars only in two weeks.

1662000897465.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
A well-known leaker, Evan Blass, released a spec sheet detailing an unreleased Qualcomm chip called the Snapdragon 6 Gen, which was due for release on 15 Nov 2022, but might be released earlier because of the leak.

Manufacturing process 4nm (TSMC). I believe Peter van der Made has confirmed we could go to 4nm??

The chipset will be coming in with Adreno GPU although no-one knows the exact GPU and the numbers of the CPU and GPU cores are unknown as well.

If Arm cores are involved, then who knows, AKIDA might be as well. Here's hoping. 🤞

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 12.50.51 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 12.58.24 pm.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
A well-known leaker, Evan Blass, released a spec sheet detailing an unreleased Qualcomm chip called the Snapdragon 6 Gen, which was due for release on 15 Nov 2022, but might be released earlier because of the leak.

Manufacturing process 4nm (TSMC). I believe Peter van der Made has confirmed we could go to 4nm??

The chipset will be coming in with Adreno GPU although no-one knows the exact GPU and the numbers of the CPU and GPU cores are unknown as well.

If Arm cores are involved, then who knows, AKIDA might be as well. Here's hoping. 🤞

View attachment 15613

View attachment 15615

I would say No.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I would say No.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Bummer. Oh well, at least I only got "facted" not "ogred" this time. Although the day is still young, so I probably shouldn't breathe a sigh of relief just yet.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

uiux

Regular

View attachment 15613

View attachment 15615

The precision's are above those supported by Akida

But what is a "fused AI accelerator"?

And what's the 3rd gen sensing hub?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Advertising speak to hide the fact they are still using old school Von Neumann architecture and relying on scaling down to 4nm to improve performance in a desperate bid to remain relevant.🤓🥸

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Advertising speak to hide the fact they are still using old school Von Neumann architecture and relying on scaling down to 4nm to improve performance in a desperate bid to remain relevant.🤓🥸

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think at the moment a lot of the large players are ignoring the future and forgetting that “Getting stuck in the past is like guarding a cemetery.”

The failure of great companies like Kodak and empires like Rome prove that past glories are no predictor of future victories.

In stringent economic times hoping that ever more expensive smaller semiconductors at 5nm, 4nm and 2nm will keep you relevant and address the Von Neumann bottleneck and that the energy crisis will magically go away and consumers will have unlimited funds to buy more and more expensive technology that uses ever more expensive electricity is just plain short sighted if not down right stupid.

AKIDA technology is in the right place and importantly part of the ARM portfolio. Those who ignore AKIDA now will most likely become a footnote in history.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Top Bottom