BRN Discussion Ongoing

stuart888

Regular
Hi Stuart, A concern I have with this vid is that Simon Thorpe seems to be publishing a detailed explanation for all to see, of the secret sauce that we've bought and paid for. ???
Hi @Dang Son! Patent protection is a big deal in this industry. But your concern got me thinking about timing.

Both of the Simon Thorpe videos are relatively recent (supplied by @uiux and @TECH). The fact that both videos came out after the first Akida 1000 Chip was commercially available might be part of it. Simon even mentions the Brainchip commercialization.

Perhaps it was all agreed too, and at some point, you don't want to hide the Secret Sauce, you want to sell it. All of the trade secrets stay secret, but the high-level Secret Sauce might be better to advertise.

Lots of other people here know this stuff way better, but I think the videos being released by Simon was not an accident. Just an opinion.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Happy Fri.

This was nice to see in the NASA 21FY Annual Review from Sept.

Most of the early and recent functional and working testing is around Loihi for obvious reasons but we in that frame...cherry picked out couple mentions :love:

Not long....Q1 - FY23 all going well (y)

PowerPoint Presso attached had to convert to PDf.

Also touches on the fast rover program in the presso.

Oh....Akida known as Freya stage in their Presso. Norse goddess.

View attachment 15004
View attachment 15006
View attachment 15005
View attachment 15008
What a description lol
1661460243041.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Arm wrote

"Our business is really strong. We've diversified a lot in the last few years."

With more than 230 billion chips shipped to date, Rene Haas spoke with Liz Claman about the strength of the Arm ecosystem, as demand for compute remains high: "The long-term trends are so good for our industry, and really you just have to look around – it’s the digitization of everything. There are electronics everywhere.”

Everybody needs to watch this video with ARM ceo.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

stuart888

Regular
View attachment 15009

Awesome Top Bloke @thelittleshort! I just watched this hour-long video of the main Prophesee Founder.

If I understood correctly, he was working on his PhD in Med College, and his final thesis was on the Retina. He implied it set him on this journey of SNN Event Based Vision, all focused on solutions and use-cases to help the world. He has been at it full speed for many decades, all just like PvdM, spikes, timing, and brain like.

The more I read and learn about them, I come away thinking that Prophesee + Sony + SNN Brainchip = Freaky Big Winning Combination.

Longer video, lots of history, but I like learning more about this, so worked for me. Ryad is a life winner.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

JK200SX

Regular
Big Ann today? - I can feel it in my pants :)

Anyway, everyone have a great Friday!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20
Everybody needs to watch this video with ARM ceo.

Great 8 min video Jesse. How good is it hearing how well ARM are doing knowing that BrainChip are partnered with them. In the future there will be hundreds and hundreds of ARM chips in an autonomous vehicle. Phones will have more and more AI in them. Is ARM in the next iPhone? How long before Akida is in an iPhone. Very exciting times.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

jtardif999

Regular
Hi FF, great to have you back.
There is another scenario that I have been thinking about. I feel that it’s quite conceivable that BrainChip has struck a deal with its partners ARM, Renesas, SiFive and MegaChips whereby we are giving them our larger EAP clients to take care of as part of a commercial deal (although not sure of ASX reporting requirements and timing). Therefore it could be that the license revenue that we have received from MegaChips is the full payment for our IP that will be used for a client that we have passed to them. I think this accounts for why things have gone so quiet on BrainChip’s commercial front. Feel this would provide a win-win-win. Possible?
Yes I was thinking if one of those EAPs was Samsung for example the timing of paying a licence via Megachips and putting out an AI washing machine would be about right. Saw a commercial last night for the washing machine - which was one of the commodities PVDM mentioned that would make a debut in his 2022 AI outlook blog late last year. AIMO.

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Yes I was thinking if one of those EAPs was Samsung for example the timing of paying a licence via Megachips and putting out an AI washing machine would be about right. Saw a commercial last night for the washing machine - which was one of the commodities PVDM mentioned that would make a debut in his 2022 AI outlook blog late last year. AIMO.
Me too. When I saw that commercial I immediately thought of Akida. Same family of 4 are in 3 different commercials. TV, refrigerator and now the washing machine. Fingers crossed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
when will we know if we can stay? cannot find the rebalancing date...
Hi chef,

It's happen every quarter, March, June, September and December.

However, I don't think this September rebalance will effect Brainchip.

Learning.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Zedjack33

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Edge Impluses Upcoming Webinar on 30 August with Sony Developer world.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Edge Impluses Upcoming Webinar on 30 August with Sony Developer world.

中文
日本語
Search

Spresense Updated Header FINAL Small

Spresense 6-core microcontroller board with ultra-low power consumption​

High-performance microcontroller board with hi-res audio, camera input, internal GPS and Edge AI support.
Buy Spresense

Spresense webinars & workshops​

Want any of the slides presented in the webinars? Contact us here
For more Spresense videos, visit Sony's Developer World's YouTube channel

Latest webinars​

Spresense Edge Impulse FOMO

LTE Cellular Connectivity with Spresense​

4G LTE and TinyML from May 17​

Webinars and guides to get started with Spresense​

Get started with Spresense SDK​

Video being updated

In the meantime, please use:
Spresense SDK Getting Started Guide (VS Code)
Spresense SDK Getting Started Guide (CLI)

Get started with Spresense Arduino Library​

Get started with CircuitPython on Spresense​

NuttX webinar from Aug 19​

Spresense NuttX Webinar

Arduino webinar June 25​

CircuitPython webinar from April 8​

Previous webinars & workshops​

ML with microTVM and Spresense​

Watch the webinar from Oct 14​

Machine learning tutorial from Oct 1​

Watch the ML workshop from Sep 30​

Watch the workshop from July 27​

Spresense Edge Impulse Workshop

Watch the webinar from April 20​

Watch the webinar from March 25​

Spresense PDM Senseye Webinar

Watch the webinar from Sep 28​

Watch the webinar from March 26​

Copyright © 2022 Sony Group Corporation. All rights reserved.
v1.63.90

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users
Arm wrote

With more than 230 billion chips shipped to date, Rene Haas spoke with Liz Claman about the strength of the Arm ecosystem, as demand for compute remains high: "The long-term trends are so good for our industry, and really you just have to look around – it’s the digitization of everything. There are electronics everywhere.”

It has been said by others. This is a must watch/listen.

My takeaway points:

1. Haas: I won’t talk about pricing of chips - I have said it many times Brainchip’s secrecy around pricing is semiconductor industry standard.

2. Haas: EV’s reducing energy draw for the compute to maximise battery use to turn the driving wheels is the challenge - (Mercedes Benz knows this and works with the Ai Experts Brainchip to achieve this with AKIDA technology to create a car that thinks like you. What are the odds against ARM taking advantage of this Brainchip advantage. But wait they promote AKIDA for all automotive. )

3. Haas: There are currently dozens and dozens and dozens of ARM chips in vehicles and in the future hundreds and hundreds -(he said this against the background of saying power for compute in cars has to reduce but he is adding more compute how can he achieve this??? I believe I know.😂🤣😂)

4. Haas: Re Apple - Will not speak about ARM customers but all mobile phone makers are looking to innovate and add more Ai - Again I have said it before many times every company is chasing first to market with innovations that their competitors do not have and no one in this space talks about it in advance.

It is the golden rule just as Lex Luther never told Superman he had KRYPTONITE in his pocket in a lead lined case until he opened it.

Again Brainchip is following industry standard practice with keeping secret details of EAPs and published customer engagements. ARM does it and ARM AKIDA chip sales will not be shouted from the roof tops by either of ARM, Brainchip or the CUSTOMER.

But how will I know? Watch the financials might be one way.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 117 users

uiux

Regular
Happy Fri.

This was nice to see in the NASA 21FY Annual Review from Sept.

Most of the early and recent functional and working testing is around Loihi for obvious reasons but we in that frame...cherry picked out couple mentions :love:

Not long....Q1 - FY23 all going well (y)

PowerPoint Presso attached had to convert to PDf.

Also touches on the fast rover program in the presso.

Oh....Akida known as Freya stage in their Presso. Norse goddess.

View attachment 15004
View attachment 15006
View attachment 15005
View attachment 15008

Massive find thanks!

Objective #5 Engage partner for Phase 2 design and fabrication of full rad-tolerant neuromorphic processor.
OGA, 8 SBIR companies, 2 large tech companies interested

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

jtardif999

Regular
BRN has extraordinary low operating costs including R&D, marketing etc of about $40m/yr. Once revenue starts streaming in their margins will be incredible.
Where did you get 40 million in operating costs? They are more likely about half of that.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Food for thought why Brainchip more-or-less ~5 years ahead for everyone else might be wrong. (IMO)

-If you put where the development aspect is at this stage aside for second
-If you assume the competition is doing something identical to Akida's (still 5 years)

If we start now (which we already have) and agree there is a lot of closed door NDA & OEM's developing already....between now and a few years more and more products with Akida will publicly roll out....at this point we are still ahead of the next competition (as far as we know)

Even if someone managed to make a chip SLIGHTLY lower power /SLIGHTLY higher performance (this is going to be hard) I don't see a partnerships jumping off Brainchip to the next, for them it would be too costly to change, re-educate, re-model, re-devople, re-deploy your already established business for marginal results.

Therefore we would need to think that if we are 5 years now + x years for another competitor to market - years to undo and change your product and more to them (for an OEM to do so) we are a lot more than 5 years.

When we throw in the mix, FOMO and simplicity of integration, ease of training etc we already have....you have to try and out perform Brainchip and move away from Brainchip where the cost versus benefits is worth it, for the foreseeable future I don't see anyone stopping us

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 66 users
Food for thought why Brainchip more-or-less ~5 years ahead for everyone else might be wrong. (IMO)

-If you put where the development aspect is at this stage aside for second
-If you assume the competition is doing something identical to Akida's (still 5 years)

If we start now (which we already have) and agree there is a lot of closed door NDA & OEM's developing already....between now and a few years more and more products with Akida will publicly roll out....at this point we are still ahead of the next competition (as far as we know)

Even if someone managed to make a chip SLIGHTLY lower power /SLIGHTLY higher performance (this is going to be hard) I don't see a partnerships jumping off Brainchip to the next, for them it would be too costly to change, re-educate, re-model, re-devople, re-deploy your already established business for marginal results.

Therefore we would need to think that if we are 5 years now + x years for another competitor to market - years to undo and change your product and more to them (for an OEM to do so) we are a lot more than 5 years.

When we throw in the mix, FOMO and simplicity of integration, ease of training etc we already have....you have to try and out perform Brainchip and move away from Brainchip where the cost versus benefits is worth it, for the foreseeable future I don't see anyone stopping us
Precisely.

Remember what Sean Hehir CEO said about competitors claims at the AGM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Arm wrote

Thank you for this video.

I started buying small parcels of Brainchip shares when they were still in single digits based on a tip from a work colleague. The more I researched, the more I purchased. The true tipping point for me though, was the ARM podcast and the appointment of so many ex ARM employees. That is when I went "all in" with a large portion of my life savings. The ARM connection to me is the one that has the potential to saturate the market with Akida.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users
Thank you for this video.

I started buying small parcels of Brainchip shares when they were still in single digits based on a tip from a work colleague. The more I researched, the more I purchased. The true tipping point for me though, was the ARM podcast and the appointment of so many ex ARM employees. That is when I went "all in" with a large portion of my life savings. The ARM connection to me is the one that has the potential to saturate the market with Akida.
And on this note a little light entertainment:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom