BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xhosa12345

Regular
I'm not worried by the health of the company. Just pointing out what triggers shorters. If they see negative sentiment on a sector or an article, they try using retail shareholder fears to short the whole sector or renew their efforts if they already are shorting a stock.

Goldman Sachs analyst wrote an incorrect analysis stating they believed Lithium was going to be in oversupply in 2023 not under in late May. Every EV raw material stock, not just lithium stocks dropped by >15% in the next 3 weeks regardless of their P and L or cashflow until BenchMark Minerals Intelligence CEO could get his article out to the broader investment community pointing out the error in Goldman Sachs ways. GS has more reach than BMI inside the general investment community so it took a while. Shorters had a field day for a few weeks.

As long as there is demand for the product or service, and no need for funding, the sp can only drop so low

Agree fear drives a lot though.... its frustrating.

Reactions: 2 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Knock Knock

Who's there?

Wilma.

Wilma who?

Wilma shares go up today??
Knock knock!
Who’s there?
Frank
Frank who?
Frank Thompson
Ok, hi Frank, what do you want?
I ran out of sugar, could you spare me some?
Sure, here is half a bag.
Thanks!
All Good Frank, don’t mention it.

Next day…

Knock knock,
Who’s there?
Police.
Police who?
What do you mean, I’m the police, could you open the door so we can have a talk?
Sure what’s going on police?
It’s your buddy Frank.
Frank who?
Frank Tooper.. or was it Tomsen.
Ah, Thompson, he’s not my buddy, he just came by yesterday asking for sugar.

Oh ok, bye then..
ok, bye.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Taproot

Regular
To me that was the most exciting part of the entire report. Who exactly licensed IP from Megachips?
Nintendo ?

from Megachips annual report
78 % of revenue comes from Nintendo

Business and Other Risks
MegaChips has identified the following risks pertaining to its operations and other matters that may have a material impact on the financial position and the cash flow of the Group. Forward-looking statements in this section represent the judgment of MegaChips as of March 31, 2021.
Dependence on specific customers
(1) Purchasers MegaChips principally sells LSIs for a game software storage (custom memory) for the amusement field; LSIs for game consoles and peripheral devices; LSIs for digital cameras and other image processing; LSIs for OA equipment. The percentage of net sales involving LSIs for storing game software (custom memory) to Nintendo Co., Ltd. (“Nintendo”) is increasing and accounts for 78.0% of the sales for the current fiscal year. Therefore, the performance of the Company could fluctuate depending on the sales trend of the game consoles and software that use our LSI products, and the market of LSI. The risk is not something that can be completely eliminated, we have the good and close relationship with Nintendo and aim to meet customer satisfaction with our products by providing ideal solution and stable supply and minimize the possible risks. Besides, we focus on the development of the new business in the fields including in-vehicle device, industrial equipment, telecommunications infrastructure, energy control and robotics as well as improve the business portfolio in the mid- to long-term.

The megachips podcast
At 14.20 - 14.50 time stamp
Doug Fairbairn mentions that there is a good match between their current customer base and what Brainchip has to offer.
He also makes a point about in the shorter term timeframe customising their product using on chip learning when in the hands of the actual user.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Nintendo ?

Business and Other Risks
MegaChips has identified the following risks pertaining to its operations and other matters that may have a material impact on the financial position and the cash flow of the Group. Forward-looking statements in this section represent the judgment of MegaChips as of March 31, 2021.
(1) Purchasers MegaChips principally sells LSIs for a game software storage (custom memory) for the amusement field; LSIs for game consoles and peripheral devices; LSIs for digital cameras and other image processing; LSIs for OA equipment. The percentage of net sales involving LSIs for storing game software (custom memory) to Nintendo Co., Ltd. (“Nintendo”) is increasing and accounts for 78.0% of the sales for the current fiscal year. Therefore, the performance of the Company could fluctuate depending on the sales trend of the game consoles and software that use our LSI products, and the market of LSI. The risk is not something that can be completely eliminated, we have the good and close relationship with Nintendo and aim to meet customer satisfaction with our products by providing ideal solution and stable supply and minimize the possible risks. Besides, we focus on the development of the new business in the fields including in-vehicle device, industrial equipment, telecommunications infrastructure, energy control and robotics as well as improve the business portfolio in the mid- to long-term.

The megachips podcast
Doug Fairbairn mentions that there is a good match between their current customer base and what Brainchip has to offer.
He also makes a point about in the shorter term timeframe customising their product using on chip learning when in the hands of the actual user.

"focus on the development of the new business in the fields including in-vehicle device, industrial equipment, telecommunications infrastructure, energy control and robotics as well as improve the business portfolio in the mid- to long-term."

Who would of thought Akida could fit into so many industry puzzles

1661417179201.png

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I was musing this morning about FF's advice to shareholders to have a plan and stick to it. I think this is very good advice.....if you have the time and opportunity. Sometimes the timing of such a plan coming to fruition and the timing of life's changing circumstances do not coincide. I am an example of this. I have been holding patiently since 2016 but sold a small part (50,000) of my overall holding (320,000) in February to fund some renovations. Thankfully my average entry price is 12.6c and I sold the parcel at $1.65 so was able to justify the sale to myself on the basis that I had realised a very nice profit. I would rather not have sold but life had its priorities at the time.

My plan now involves the SP firstly getting to $3, at which time I will again sell a small parcel, then I will hold for however long it takes for the SP to get to $20. I will then consider selling the remaining balance....if life allows me to hold out till then. FF's post about his health (eye) scare is all too real for those of us in the autumn of our lives. I am now semi-retired and so starting to draw down on my super. If I or my other half gets very unwell the whole plan for my BRN shares (my largest single investment outside of our home) would likely have to change.

The point of this diatribe is to ask that people do not malign others for selling their shares. Instead of exhorting all and sundry to hold on tight it might be kinder to add "if you can" and bear those who feel they can't (or wish to sell some to make life more comfortable) no malice. This includes our founders...........

FWIW
Selling shares because you need the money, although necessary when life conditions change, as you suggest, is ALWAYS the wrong time to sell shares.

If you have no other income, as in self-funded retiree, the only course of action I think that makes sense is to ALWAYS have a slush fund of cash available to meet immediate needs and foreseeable obstacles.

I also have life situations getting in the way at the moment - building new house etc - but when that’s out of the way I WILL estallish a cash fund equal to 3-5 years anticipated expenses. And then the market can do as it pleases and I can hold on to my shares and not be forced to sell. I can ride out a recession without needing to be concerned about share prices.

The golden rule is to have an investment plan that is NOT based on a share price, but rather one that is based on company achievements and ONLY sell when red flags are frantically waving. My red flags include litigation, key personell unexpectedly leaving, major competition, geo-political unrest affecting the investment and the like.

Note, although this may be construed as financial advice, that is not the intent, it is merely life-advice.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

krugerrands

Regular
Shorters stepping it up over the last few days.

DateCalculated Shorts
( will be less )
Issued SharesCalc
% Short
ASX CodeHigh PriceLow PriceClosing PriceTrading VolumeReported Gross Short Sales (a)Percentage of trade
24/08/202290,334,3401,719,362,1445.25%ASX:BRN1.010.930.9414,210,0863,641,05025.62%
23/08/202286,693,2901,719,362,1445.04%ASX:BRN0.990.950.9611,571,0541,796,27415.52%
22/08/202284,897,0161,719,362,1444.94%ASX:BRN1.010.991.0010,197,3781,146,51811.24%

Aggregates up to 19/08/2022 graphed below, curious to see what it will look like next Tue/Wed when the above are taken into account.
Maybe there will be another run to ~$1.3 over the next month.
1661411827408.png

1661411840725.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Nintendo ?

Business and Other Risks

The megachips podcast

Could be anyone, MegaChips is currently expanding its business in the US of A and BrainChip, is its selling weapon, Numero Uno 😉

From their podcast, their other A.I. spearhead, Quadric, is not competition, but complimentary, in A.I. Edge use cases.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

jk6199

Regular
90 million shorts! So, if a left field MAJOR announcement comes unexpectedly, that’s a lot of pressure in the rice cooker!
Would there be enough life boats?

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
The numbers underpin everything

P and L and also cashflow.

We have plenty of cash for now

We are growing revenue faster than expenses, and as long as that inflection point hits before cash runs out, absolutely not going to be an issue. And i suspect this will be very soon....

All imo
Here are some numbers to conjure with after taking account of your own research as to whether Brainchip meets the criteria to claim going concern status and how long that status can be maintained having regard to current cash reserves and guaranteed access to further capital:

“10 years of ASX 200 historical returns​

Here are the returns for the S&P/ASX 200 Index from 2010 to 2019, courtesy of S&P Global. These numbers assume the reinvestment of all dividends, but don’t include the value of the franking credits that often also come with those dividends.

Year ASX 200 Return
20101.26%
2011(-10.84%)
201219.88%
201319.88%
20145.31%
20152.25%
201611.45%
201711.46%
2018(-3.13%)
201923.02%
Here’s a graph showing this data for some extra visualisation:

ASX 200 10-year historical returns
Chart: author’s own| Data: S&P Global
And here’s what these numbers look like if they’re annualised:

4.5% per annum (pa) over the past 3 years, 7% pa over the past 5 years, and 6.61% pa over the past 10 years.

For some additional context, the ASX 200 is currently down 7.47% so far in 2020 (year to date).

10 years of returns, 1 reason to invest​

Looking at this data, one thing is abundantly clear: ASX 200 shares go up far more often than they go down. Over these 10 years, just 2 delivered negative returns. And in 5 out of 10 years, the annual return for the ASX 200 was more than 10%. In fact, 3 out of 10 years gave investors a near 20% return.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
I was musing this morning about FF's advice to shareholders to have a plan and stick to it. I think this is very good advice.....if you have the time and opportunity. Sometimes the timing of such a plan coming to fruition and the timing of life's changing circumstances do not coincide. I am an example of this. I have been holding patiently since 2016 but sold a small part (50,000) of my overall holding (320,000) in February to fund some renovations. Thankfully my average entry price is 12.6c and I sold the parcel at $1.65 so was able to justify the sale to myself on the basis that I had realised a very nice profit. I would rather not have sold but life had its priorities at the time.

My plan now involves the SP firstly getting to $3, at which time I will again sell a small parcel, then I will hold for however long it takes for the SP to get to $20. I will then consider selling the remaining balance....if life allows me to hold out till then. FF's post about his health (eye) scare is all too real for those of us in the autumn of our lives. I am now semi-retired and so starting to draw down on my super. If I or my other half gets very unwell the whole plan for my BRN shares (my largest single investment outside of our home) would likely have to change.

The point of this diatribe is to ask that people do not malign others for selling their shares. Instead of exhorting all and sundry to hold on tight it might be kinder to add "if you can" and bear those who feel they can't (or wish to sell some to make life more comfortable) no malice. This includes our founders...........

FWIW
Yes, yes, yes in developing ones plan remember Brainchip is an INVESTMENT to secure your personal ambitions NOT A CALLING.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

krugerrands

Regular
What website do you get your data from Krugerrands?
Your aggregates are up to date..

They've been just increasing, along with the sold borrowed shorts!
Meaning virtually none have been covered!

The shares they've been dumping, haven't created actual selling, to buy the shares back cheaper and profit!

They are just digging themselves deeper into a hole..

Should we pity the fools, or rejoice in glee when they burn?..

Personally, I'm torn...
🔥🔥🔥

Oops....My bad. ( should have renamed the column for you guys )
No special data source here.

They are "calculated" aggregates and it is just adding the total gross to the previous reported aggregate.... so wildly innaccurate.
I just do that to see what the maximum could be, they will always end up being less when reported - sorry for confusion!

So glad we can edit posts here :)

• Love

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai

You know, the old toons still crack me up, what a classic Foghorn Leghorn. Kids these days should be made to watch these, to see what harmless fun these politicly incorrect WB cartoons provided. Bet you, if you asked any of our mature long term BRN investors, the majority would Lol, at seeing this old stuff.
Now don't get me started on the 3 stooges
Three Stooges Comedy GIF

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Cardpro

Regular
By
Nintendo ?

Business and Other Risks

The megachips podcast

The fact that Brainchip IP allows on chip learning & processing is truely amazing...
Cost of transferring data and not to mention cost of Storing, Getting customer's consent, setting up high security system, establishing data breach response team, ensuring compliance to various privacy laws, establishing data centres for jurisdictions that has strong privacy laws, convincing customers that they won't be monitoring them other than for safety reason while driving, etc. will be huge...

Hopefully our customers can say "Powered by brainchip, your data stays with you under your control!"

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

skutza

Regular
Anyone have any luck on the edge impulse webinar. I have registered for the recording but it says I need a passcode but nothing gets sent to my email address, and yes I checked my junk....

Reactions: 2 users

krugerrands

Regular
90 million shorts! So, if a left field MAJOR announcement comes unexpectedly, that’s a lot of pressure in the rice cooker!
Would there be enough life boats?

Latest confirmed aggregate at 19/8 is 83,193,357.
We will have to wait till next week to see the net aggregate shorts.

But remember that BRN is quite liquid and at current daily trade volumes it will only take 7.52 days to cover.

Even if the current lot of shorters lose some cash, when it shoots up there is probably another lot waiting to take their turn.

• Sad
I deleted, because that little girl scares me.
Remember.....she knows where you live :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Top Bottom