BRN Discussion Ongoing

toasty

Regular
I was musing this morning about FF's advice to shareholders to have a plan and stick to it. I think this is very good advice.....if you have the time and opportunity. Sometimes the timing of such a plan coming to fruition and the timing of life's changing circumstances do not coincide. I am an example of this. I have been holding patiently since 2016 but sold a small part (50,000) of my overall holding (320,000) in February to fund some renovations. Thankfully my average entry price is 12.6c and I sold the parcel at $1.65 so was able to justify the sale to myself on the basis that I had realised a very nice profit. I would rather not have sold but life had its priorities at the time.

My plan now involves the SP firstly getting to $3, at which time I will again sell a small parcel, then I will hold for however long it takes for the SP to get to $20. I will then consider selling the remaining balance....if life allows me to hold out till then. FF's post about his health (eye) scare is all too real for those of us in the autumn of our lives. I am now semi-retired and so starting to draw down on my super. If I or my other half gets very unwell the whole plan for my BRN shares (my largest single investment outside of our home) would likely have to change.

The point of this diatribe is to ask that people do not malign others for selling their shares. Instead of exhorting all and sundry to hold on tight it might be kinder to add "if you can" and bear those who feel they can't (or wish to sell some to make life more comfortable) no malice. This includes our founders...........

FWIW

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 84 users
The reported borrowed shorts, more than doubled yesterday..
Seeing as today's trading has been mostly stable, I'd suggest they were also used yesterday, in the push down to 92 cents..

View attachment 14932

I think shorting BrainChip at the moment, is just plain foolish..

But what can they do? 🙄...

Are the extra licencing fees, definitely from MegaChips?
Isn't it possible, they could be from ARM?
As it has been stated, by a couple of people who attended the AGM, that Peter said, ARM would be paying us a 1 million licence fee for each customer of theirs, they signed up?

I think there's already been discussion, on how this wouldn't need to be reported to the ASX either..
Page 2 of the half year report states that the increase in revenue is a result of the partnership with Megachips.

It doesn’t attribute the increased revenue to any other party. Pretty safe to say the entire increase is derived from Megachips at this stage. I’m not concerned about that. In fact I think it’s great. Looking forward to licence income from other parties in the next report.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Dhm

Regular
Shorts are taken out everyday.
It's whether it's a "campaign" so to speak, or a large amount taken out, to capitalise on a big rise.

There are algorithms, doing all kinds of things, all the time too, whether for shorting, accumulation, or just trading.

Games are always being played, this is the share market..

Best way to avoid them, is by not participating..
It's a lot better for your health too 😉
Whilst shorters are painful for shareholders, I can put up with how things will subsequently play out; that is they all will be buyers at some stage to close out their position. And if a bullish announcement pops up, they will be fighting with genuine buyers to grab shares; shares that many of us will not give up.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

uiux

Regular
Page 2 of the half year report states that the increase in revenue is a result of the partnership with Megachips.

It doesn’t attribute the increased revenue to any other party. Pretty safe to say the entire increase is derived from Megachips at this stage. I’m not concerned about that. In fact I think it’s great. Looking forward to licence income from other parties in the next report.

To me that was the most exciting part of the entire report. Who exactly licensed IP from Megachips?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Cyw

Regular
Whilst shorters are painful for shareholders, I can put up with how things will subsequently play out; that is they all will be buyers at some stage to close out their position. And if a bullish announcement pops up, they will be fighting with genuine buyers to grab shares; shares that many of us will not give up.
Another way it can play out (if it is a campaign) is that once the people accumulated enough shorts, they will publish some "short attack report" saying the directors are crooks, the chip does not work, EAPs are leaving left, right and centre, fighting for the door etc. and the share price will take a big dip and they will close out and find another target.

Not saying it will eventuate but it has happened before, to Vulcan, Quintis etc. that I can remember. Some of them went down the drain so they don't even have to close the shorts.

Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Rather than replying to FF with another Knock Knock joke (which I'm sorely tempted to do, don't you worry about that), I did have something a bit more pressing that I wanted to pitch to everyone, which is whether anyone has looked into Arm's recent announcement (28 June 2022) of the second generation of Armv9 CPUs?

Just between you, me and the lamp post, I feel like there's a reasonably high possibility that we MIGHT have something to do with this. When I say 'we', I mean BrainChip/AKIDA, but you know what I mean.

Please tell me I'm wrong, or otherwise tell me to run to the fridge and pop open a bottle of champers! 🥳

View attachment 14909

View attachment 14910

View attachment 14911

Just wanted to add a little more information here to show how we MIGHT fit into the above. Now if only we knew who was providing this 3rd Party IP to Arm, then we could establish definitively and beyond all reasonable doubt whether it was us and if it was we'd be able to pop open our champagne and drink it all without feeling like we should be attending an AA meeting instead.

This post probably fits well here too: #22,534
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 3.09.25 pm.png

1 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Another way it can play out (if it is a campaign) is that once the people accumulated enough shorts, they will publish some "short attack report" saying the directors are crooks, the chip does not work, EAPs are leaving left, right and centre, fighting for the door etc. and the share price will take a big dip and they will close out and find another target.

Not saying it will eventuate but it has happened before, to Vulcan, Quintis etc. that I can remember. Some of them went down the drain so they don't even have to close the shorts.
Weren't anything to do with publications, like "*****************", were they? 🙄😛..

Hmm.. Bleeped out 🤔..
I guess what the market has to herald, can't always be told..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Proga

Regular
Below is the 2nd half of the article. Shorters read articles like these which trigger them to step it up a gear. There is always a trigger to step it up or back-off . Shorters don't do it for fun but to make money.

Industry in crisis

Tech companies are struggling across Australia as investors have been left spooked by dramatic plunges in valuations making funding harder to find.

The latest tech outfit to be impacted was a Melbourne-based e-sports company called Order, which raised $5.3 million in funding last year, but collapsed last week with liquidators seeking to sell the business urgently.

Then there was an Australian tech company called Metigy, which left staff “shell-shocked” by its sudden collapse earlier this month, after it planned to raise money with a valuation of $1 billion.

Last month, Australia’s first ever neobank founded in 2017, Volt Bank, went under with 140 staff losing their jobs, while 6000 customers were told to urgently withdraw their funds.

Other failed businesses include grocery delivery service Send, which went into liquidation at the end of May, after the company spent $11 million in eight months to stay afloat.

A Victorian food delivery company called Delivr that styled itself as a rival to UberEats and Deliveroo also collapsed in July as it became unprofitable, despite making more than $6 million worth of deliveries since it launched in 2017 and had 18,000 customers.

Last month, news.com.au raised questions about another Sydney-based tech firm, D365 Group, which builds software for health, real estate and accounting services.

Staff claim they haven’t been properly paid for months and a contractor has taken the company to court saying his debts were not paid. D365 Group is due in court at the end of August.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Dhm

Regular
I was just looking at Arm's website and their products page. https://www.arm.com/partners/ai-ecosystem-catalog/brainchip

It had a number of categories that I believe Brainchip offers a meaningful and unique solution. I am a retired banker so my knowledge of the ecosystem is sadly lacking, but I ticked the categories I think apply to us. Feel free to correct me :):)

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 3.25.14 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Proga

Regular
Just wanted to add a little more information here to show how we MIGHT fit into the above. Now if only we knew who was providing this 3rd Party IP to Arm, then we could establish definitively and beyond all reasonable doubt whether it was us and if it was we'd be able to pop open our champagne and drink it all without feeling like we should be attending an AA meeting instead.

View attachment 14935

View attachment 14936

Bravo, you should have circled the Cortex-M85 which Akida can run on. These might be the hybrid chips I tried asking @Sirod69 about a few days ago. I thought sirod69 was on to something. Never got a reply. Might have been lost in the translation.

Any champagne left?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

Bravo, you should have circled the Cortex-M85 which can run Akida. These might be the hybrid chips I tried asking Sirod69 about a few days ago. I thought he was on to something.

How many items are in Arm's product families? If I know that then I'll know how many more circles I need to draw because Akida can run on all of them, can't it?

BTW @Sirod69 is a girl. 👧

tumblr_nzs9trjzK21qzxd94o1_400.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Proga

Regular
How many items are in Arm's product families? If I know that then I'll know how many more circles I need to draw because Akida can run on all of them, can't it?

BTW @Sirod69 is a girl. 👧

View attachment 14941
I thought Sirod69 was. I spotted my mistake and edited it.

I don't think so. I'm sticking to the catalogue until definitive proof in writing is provided saying brainchip works/partners with Cortex-A or X like the catalogue does with Cortex-M. I think Akida is the driving force or enabling them to produce these new hybrid chips.

I remember Dio or uiux saying Akida doesn't do complex compute calculations. The Cortex-A series does (I hope I got that right)

My first thoughts were they a trying to bring some of the brute compute power of data centres to the edge with these hybrid chips.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

I thought Sirod69 was. I spotted my mistake and edited it.

I don't think so. I'm sticking to the catalogue until definitive proof in writing is provided saying brainchip works/partners with Cortex-A or X like the catalogue does with Cortex-M. I think Akida is the driving force or enabling them to produce these new hybrid chips.

I remember Dio or uiux saying Akida doesn't do complex compute calculations. The Cortex-A series does (I hope I got that right)

Not sure but I can see it on the BrwainChip website working with the Development Kits.

67 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Green day chippers. Only just but it's better than red!

Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

View attachment 14935

View attachment 14936

And there's this too.

S! pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Proga

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Below is the 2nd half of the article. Shorters read articles like these which trigger them to step it up a gear. There is always a trigger to step it up or back-off . Shorters don't do it for fun but to make money.

Industry in crisis

Tech companies are struggling across Australia as investors have been left spooked by dramatic plunges in valuations making funding harder to find.

The latest tech outfit to be impacted was a Melbourne-based e-sports company called Order, which raised $5.3 million in funding last year, but collapsed last week with liquidators seeking to sell the business urgently.

Then there was an Australian tech company called Metigy, which left staff “shell-shocked” by its sudden collapse earlier this month, after it planned to raise money with a valuation of $1 billion.

Last month, Australia’s first ever neobank founded in 2017, Volt Bank, went under with 140 staff losing their jobs, while 6000 customers were told to urgently withdraw their funds.

Other failed businesses include grocery delivery service Send, which went into liquidation at the end of May, after the company spent $11 million in eight months to stay afloat.

A Victorian food delivery company called Delivr that styled itself as a rival to UberEats and Deliveroo also collapsed in July as it became unprofitable, despite making more than $6 million worth of deliveries since it launched in 2017 and had 18,000 customers.

Last month, news.com.au raised questions about another Sydney-based tech firm, D365 Group, which builds software for health, real estate and accounting services.

Staff claim they haven’t been properly paid for months and a contractor has taken the company to court saying his debts were not paid. D365 Group is due in court at the end of August.
The numbers underpin everything

P and L and also cashflow.

We have plenty of cash for now

We are growing revenue faster than expenses, and as long as that inflection point hits before cash runs out, absolutely not going to be an issue. And i suspect this will be very soon....

All imo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Proga

Regular
The numbers underpin everything

P and L and also cashflow.

We have plenty of cash for now

We are growing revenue faster than expenses, and as long as that inflection point hits before cash runs out, absolutely not going to be an issue. And i suspect this will be very soon....

All imo
I'm not worried with the health of the company. Just pointing out what triggers shorters. If they see negative sentiment on a sector or an article, they try using retail shareholder fears to short the whole sector or renew their efforts if they already are shorting a stock.

Goldman Sachs analyst wrote an incorrect analysis stating they believed Lithium was going to be in oversupply in 2023 not under in late May. Every EV raw material stock, not just lithium stocks dropped by >15% in the next 3 weeks regardless of their P and L or cashflow until BenchMark Minerals Intelligence CEO could get his article out to the broader investment community pointing out the error in Goldman Sachs ways. GS has more reach than BMI inside the general investment community so it took a while. Shorters had a field day for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Violin1

Regular
Agree with that Dhm. The thing that interests me with Shorters is that we all think they'll get burnt and are eager for that to happen (I'd prefer a slow rotisserie myself, but I'm a nasty bitter sort of guy) BUT the truth is that most often they seem to make money and have the power of other people's money to manipulate the market. I have no doubt they've collectively done well in the run-up to $2+, the drop to $0.84ish, jump to $1.30ish and down to where we are now. Our company would work quite well for them in that we don't do many announcements. While this is for good reason and I'm on board with the Board, it simply means the Shorters have a greater level of confidence that there is less risk of the left field announcement than with other companies. HOWEVER, I read something the other day about the inevitable consequences of the big earthquake in Tokyo when it comes. Pray that doesn't happen to Tokyo but I've just a small prayer that it will for an earthquake announcement from BRN..hee hee he heee (to quote @Bravo).

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Interview with Markus Schäfer from Mercedes Benz about production of the EQXX

If short on time skip and start from 5:25
From 5:00 is particularly promising

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom