BRN Discussion Ongoing

Can we even celebrate yet? We don't know anything for certain........

You are right Uiux. Nothing is certain. Which is why I apologised early in calling it in case I’m wrong!

It just fits the description of what Renesas said they were going to do with the 2 nodes. And I’m sure they didn’t buy the license for nothing so there is an expectation they will be releasing a product at some time.

I‘m working on the tested scientific method of “If it walks like a duck, and sounds like duck….. “.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
I agree. It’s not up to Brainchip to announce it. And maybe they can’t due to NDA as Renesas will want to push their own AI where they can even if it’s inferior, so they get bigger profit margins.

Brainchip may have their hands tied. Once Renesas bought the license for the 2 nodes to put into an Arm M33 product they have paid the $$$ to do what they like with it.

So maybe there won’t be an announcement. It would be nice to have some acknowledgement of a product available now after such a long wait for all involved!

Maybe it will just be in the financials. Either way I am just happy for the companies success and for the shareholders who have held firm!

Or… I could be completely wrong!

Fingers crossed everyone!
Totally agree.

It’s been a great learning curve for me over the last 3.5 years & have no problems waiting .

The avalanche will arrive that’s a certainty .

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

uiux

Regular
You are right Uiux. Nothing is certain. Which is why I apologised early in calling it in case I’m wrong!

It just fits the description of what Renesas said they were going to do with the 2 nodes. And I’m sure they didn’t buy the license for nothing so there is an expectation they will be releasing a product at some time.

I‘m working on the tested scientific method of “If it walks like a duck, and sounds like duck….. “.

I think a more appropriate analogy could be

If it walks like a cat and sounds like a cat....
We still don't know if it's dead or alive in the box

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Let's have a peek, shall we?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

robsmark

Regular
I could be excited for nothing and hopefully haven’t got anyones hopes up…. To disappoint tomorrow!

I’ve cried wolf before so I’ll apologise now in advance… just in case!
Great find SG, this certainly looks promising. I wouldn’t expect any announcements from Brainchip about this though, I dont think that’s how licensing agreements work. I’d expect to see this translated into revenue though in the December 4c.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
AKIDA = no cloud = secure.
That is exactly my thought and approach. Specifically I'm interested in facial recognition or driver recognition as it will probably become mandatory. The laws are not yet in place as well as the laws regarding AI-based data processing, probably next year.
I'm quite sure that Nviso+Akida has or will get the attention of some lawyers in this particular area. Through MB we have at least more attention in Germany than in the US. There Tesla attracts all the attention. Be it about lawsuits over facial recognition in the vehicle or recognition outside. Apart from lawsuits against Autopilot (now also one in Germany). As far as I know none of the lawsuits have been settled yet.

Nviso should do some/more lobbying in Brussels so that the key politicians in the law-making process realise that there is also a non-cloud based solution to the problem.

• Love
  • Fire

uiux

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

uiux

Regular
Anyone else blown away by the fact that Jim Farley the Ford CEO is Chris Farleys cousin LOL

1659960622486.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
Here’s a post with the Renesas CTO discussion Brainchips use on an Arm M33.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

uiux

Regular
Here’s a post with the Renesas CTO discussion Brainchips use on an Arm M33.

"spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.”

Anil Mankar was quoted, specifying they licensed the "2 nodes IP" - I think from an ee article?

What other tidbits do we have?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Potato

Regular
Just have a read of that for a second...

Keywords: 'new markets', 'automotive', 'chips' and most importantly 'partners'.
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.38.11 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

I defo hope it’s alive then! MEOW!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

uiux

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

uiux

Regular

8.6 Sensor Module Algorithm and Firmware
To operate the ZMOD4410, the software and libraries provided by Renesas should be used. The algorithm for the user’s microprocessor always
uses the raw output signals from the ZMOD4410, which are resistances, to determine the level of gases present. Depending on the
microprocessor and compiler used, the firmware and its algorithms require 10 to 30 kB flash size. All algorithms feature an automated baseline
correction function, ensuring that the module can learn from its environment and distinguish elevated levels of gases under all conditions
. The
proprietary metal oxide (MOx) used in the sensor ensures that the sensor module can respond effectively to changing TVOC during long-term
operation. Therefore, the user focus should always be on the relevant output parameters: The IAQ level according to UBA, the TVOC
concentration (available in mg/m3 and as Ethanol equivalent in ppm), and/or the estimation of carbon dioxide (eCO2).
For implementing the sensor module in a customer-specific application, detailed information on the programming is available.

More information
and guidance on the firmware integration, architecture, and supported platforms are available in the ZMOD4410 Programming Manual – Read
Me. Code Examples in C and additional firmware descriptions for API, HAL, libraries, etc., are included at no cost in the downloadable firmware
package from the ZMOD4410 product page

@butcherano @Diogenese @Stable Genius

• Love
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20

NVISO Tim Llewellynn investors@nviso.ch

8/8/22 23:36​

While the engineering team at NVISO has been hard at work (see BrainChip’s quarterly announcement on activities which offers huge potential in the Automotive EV space for in-cabin sensor monitoring), we are very pleased to see that commercial developments are also advancing successfully in parallel within the Automotive sector with Tier 1 and Tier 2 partners.

NVISO provides AI Solutions to premium Automotive OEMs looking to deliver the most robust safety features while innovating with convenience features for occupant monitoring systems. We are pleased to announce we have recently inked two new important automotive deals:

Automotive Tier 1 System Integrator: NVISO has successfully concluded a paid development license with a global automotive system integrator:

• Targeting low power embedded hardware for intelligent cockpit applications.
  • Allows system integrator to carry out demonstrations and pre-award work to secure design-wins with OEMs for embedding NVISO's Human Behaviour AI.
  • Core component of the future of intelligent driving and smart cockpits.
Automotive Tier 2 Semiconductor: NVISO has successfully executed a multi-year development license with a leading Tier2 automotive semiconductor vendor:
  • Access to low power edge computing software and hardware for porting of its Human Behaviour AI SDK to automotive grade platforms used by OEMs worldwide.
  • Allows NVISO to continue to deliver easy to integrate AI Solutions directly for OEMs.
NVISO Human Behaviour AI as an indispensable component of intelligent driving and the smart cockpit of the future. Driven by a growing shift towards software defined automotive architectures and next generation in-vehicle computing platforms, OEMs are starting to move towards unlocking value through personalised and AI driven software. Some OEMs are even experimenting with “features on demand” to unlock new revenue streams with connected and EV vehicles.

Now who's nViso's favourite intelligent cockpit hardware provider?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

Diogenese

Top 20
While the engineering team at NVISO has been hard at work (see BrainChip’s quarterly announcement on activities which offers huge potential in the Automotive EV space for in-cabin sensor monitoring), we are very pleased to see that commercial developments are also advancing successfully in parallel within the Automotive sector with Tier 1 and Tier 2 partners.

NVISO provides AI Solutions to premium Automotive OEMs looking to deliver the most robust safety features while innovating with convenience features for occupant monitoring systems. We are pleased to announce we have recently inked two new important automotive deals:

Automotive Tier 1 System Integrator: NVISO has successfully concluded a paid development license with a global automotive system integrator:

• Allows system integrator to carry out demonstrations and pre-award work to secure design-wins with OEMs for embedding NVISO's Human Behaviour AI.

Automotive Tier 2 Semiconductor: NVISO has successfully executed a multi-year development license with a leading Tier2 automotive semiconductor vendor:

• Access to low power edge computing software and hardware for porting of its Human Behaviour AI SDK
    • Allows NVISO to continue to deliver easy to integrate AI Solutions directly for OEMs.

NVISO Human Behaviour AI as an indispensable component of intelligent driving and the smart cockpit of the future. Driven by a growing shift towards software defined automotive architectures and next generation in-vehicle computing platforms, OEMs are starting to move towards unlocking value through personalised and AI driven software. Some OEMs are even experimenting with “features on demand” to unlock new revenue streams with connected and EV vehicles.
Snap!

• Love

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

NVISO Tim Llewellynn investors@nviso.ch

8/8/22 23:36​

• Access to low power edge computing software and hardware for porting of its Human Behaviour AI SDK to automotive grade platforms used by OEMs worldwide.

Now who's nViso's favourite intelligent cockpit hardware provider?
You are too quick for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

uiux

Regular
Did anyone else have a copy I missed it

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha