BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble (lol), but remember, sugar rushes can end in head aches. Have we had any official announcement to have the SP rise or fall today, yesterday? Nope, so this is still just the daily cycle of the traders/manipulators doing their things? What goes up ends up coming down without news. If it does drop remember it went up first before the drop, don't complain it didn't go up in a straight line. There's a little too much optimism in some chatter about green days, lol. It'll do what it does, but the ones playing Russian roulette end up in trouble sooner or later. For me traders are the ones who make anywhere up to 2-3k per week if they're good. but most come and go with losses. The chance they win the lotto (perfect timing) very rare. Holders who bought at 4-50c here know what I'm talking about. Me personally, I'm sitting at +420%. Not bad, was sitting at 900% at one stage, but I'm just sitting back watching the world go by and thinking knowing that in time, with all the slow and steady work going on, even the 900% that I once had will seem small. 900% for buyers today is around $11. For me $11 will be 4800% for others it will be much greater. Why don't I buy more now, you know, top up? Because I don't need to, I was lucky enough to buy good amount early, but we all know, just the hint of Mercedes made us go crazy, what happens when they all end up official and revenue ramps up? I know I won't be telling people how I used to hold BRN at $1.12. Good luck people, BRN are on the brink, we all know it, I wonder how well this post will hold up in 12 months from today?

I think the shorters are trying to stop the handle from forming and the accumulators are still accumulating, so whoever has taking the shorts out the last 2 days have had there arses ….ed

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
In this article Simon Roberts (managing engineer of the cabin awareness team at Toyota) talks about Toyota's recent Cabin Awareness technology which, if I'm not mistaken, is still undergoing real world testing. The Cabin Awareness concept technology uses Vayaar's millimeter-wave, high-resolution 4D imaging radar. Simon also mentions the sensor is super fast and doesn't collect any personal information.

I looked into Vayyar’s RF SoC and it says that it is "neutral and flexible enough to work with any external CPU or application processor chosen by system designers. It doesn’t matter if it’s Qualcomm’s Snapdragon or someone else’s app processor. It can then execute complex imaging algorithms if needed."

Which means anyone that has a Vayyar radar will probably want to pop an AKIDA into it IMO, to give it a bit more VA-VA-VA-VOOM!

So there.😝

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 2.25.10 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 2.22.08 pm.png

Vayyar’s RF SoC

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 3.08.12 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 3.08.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 3.08.12 pm.png
    290.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Steve10

Regular
FYI - about 2% royalties. Say $15 chip x 2% = 30 cents.

ARM sold 29.2B chips in 2021. If BRN can find it's way into 5% of ARM chips = 1.5B chips x 30c = $450M revenue. If royalties are 1% then revenue will be $225M.

ARM IP revenue model

The upfront license fee depends on the complexity of the design you’re licensing. An older ARM11 will have a lower up front fee than a Cortex A57. The upfront fee generally ranges from $1M - $10M, although there are options lower or higher than that (I’ll get to that shortly).

The royalty is on a per chip basis. Every chip that contains ARM IP has a royalty associated with it. The royalty is typically 1 - 2% of the selling price of the chip. For chips that are sold externally that’s an easy figure to calculate, but if a company is building and selling a chip internally the royalty is based on what the market price would be for that chip.

Both the up front license fee and the royalty are negotiable. There are discounts for multiple ARM cores used in a single design. This is where things like support contracts come into play.

Buses/interfaces come for free, you really just pay for CPU/GPU licenses. ARM’s Mali GPU is typically going to be viewed as an adder and is currently viewed as demanding less of a royalty than ARM’s high-end CPU licenses. A rough breakdown is below:

ARM Example Royalties​
IP
Royalty (% of chip cost)​
ARM7/9/11
1.0% - 1.5%​
ARM Cortex A-series
1.5% - 2.0%​
ARMv8 Based Cortex A-series
2.0% and above​
Mali GPU
0.75% - 1.25% adder​
Physical IP Package (POP)
0.5% adder​

In cases of a POP license, the royalty is actually paid by the foundry and not the customer. The royalty is calculated per wafer and it works out to roughly a 0.5% adder per chip sold.

It usually takes around 6 months to negotiate a contract with an ARM licensee. From license acquisition to first revenue shipments can often take around 3 - 4 years. Designs can then ship for up to 20 years depending on the market segment.

Of the 320 companies that license IP from ARM, over half are currently paying a royalty - the rest are currently in period between signing a license and shipping a product. ARM signs roughly 30 - 40 new licensees per year.

About 80% of the companies that sign a license end up building a chip that they can sell in the market. The remaining 20% either get acquired or fail for other reasons. Royalties make up roughly 50% of ARM’s total revenues, licensing fees are just over 33% and the remainder is equally distributed between software tools and technical support.

ARM's revenues are decent (and growing), but it's still a relatively small company. In 2012 ARM brought in $913.1M. Given how many ARM designs exist in the market (and the size of some of ARM's biggest customers), it almost seems like ARM should be raising its royalty rates a bit. Because of ARM's unique business model, gross margin can be north of 94%. Operating margin tends to be around 45% though.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

Lex555

Regular
This is some of what ARM CEO Rene Haas said in an interview today in Fortune.

Extract Only

View attachment 13315
View attachment 13316

This really shows how important Akida will be, even when not at the edge. Data centres constrained by land size and energy inflow have to optimise performance per sqm.

The kicker, ARM architecture is already in AWS!

BA730FEB-62AE-4997-B04D-0782B4017005.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

skutza

Regular
As you didn't stop after the first three sentences (which are valid'ish questions) I'm actually wondering what the purpose of your post is (other than presenting your ok'ish buy-in value).
To try and stop this daily share price rubbish and have discussion on other things. I joined as a LT interest, but I have to skip through post after post of SP discussion. That's just me though. I don't add much value in this as I am not sitting at a computer often and looking at possible leads. However I do like to read some of the amazing knowledgeable people here that have the time. I left hotcrapper to get away from the rubbish, but alas it still seems to follow in time. At least zeebot is trying hard.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Rskiff

Regular
To try and stop this daily share price rubbish and have discussion on other things. I joined as a LT interest, but I have to skip through post after post of SP discussion. That's just me though. I don't add much value in this as I am not sitting at a computer often and looking at possible leads. However I do like to read some of the amazing knowledgeable people here that have the time. I left hotcrapper to get away from the rubbish, but alas it still seems to follow in time. At least zeebot is trying hard.
There is also a ignore function here which I unfortunately had to deploy the other day.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I left hotcrapper to get away from the rubbish, but alas it still seems to follow in time.

TSE has some pretty decent measures in place to stop the crap. Some of them are applied after the fact, while others are nurtured ahead of time by the community holding each other accountable to the values they would like to see at play in this space. This place is a far cry from the crapper and I cannot see it turning into the crapper any time soon.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble (lol), but remember, sugar rushes can end in head aches. Have we had any official announcement to have the SP rise or fall today, yesterday? Nope, so this is still just the daily cycle of the traders/manipulators doing their things? What goes up ends up coming down without news. If it does drop remember it went up first before the drop, don't complain it didn't go up in a straight line. There's a little too much optimism in some chatter about green days, lol. It'll do what it does, but the ones playing Russian roulette end up in trouble sooner or later. For me traders are the ones who make anywhere up to 2-3k per week if they're good. but most come and go with losses. The chance they win the lotto (perfect timing) very rare. Holders who bought at 4-50c here know what I'm talking about. Me personally, I'm sitting at +420%. Not bad, was sitting at 900% at one stage, but I'm just sitting back watching the world go by and thinking knowing that in time, with all the slow and steady work going on, even the 900% that I once had will seem small. 900% for buyers today is around $11. For me $11 will be 4800% for others it will be much greater. Why don't I buy more now, you know, top up? Because I don't need to, I was lucky enough to buy good amount early, but we all know, just the hint of Mercedes made us go crazy, what happens when they all end up official and revenue ramps up? I know I won't be telling people how I used to hold BRN at $1.12. Good luck people, BRN are on the brink, we all know it, I wonder how well this post will hold up in 12 months from today?
comedy central wtf GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Steve10

Regular
Haas said 29.2 billion chips using Arm technology were shipped last year, nearly 8 billion in the fourth quarter. He said Arm's focus on the automotive sector three to four years ago was paying off and revenue from that segment more than doubled last year thanks to electrification and increasing computing power for cars.

Wonder who's edge IP also suits cars?

Softbank had a huge year selling IP in 2021 meaning heaps of projects coming to fruition next few years.

About 100M cars globally are produced per year. Combination of ICE & EV.

Depending on number of chips per car & percentage market penetration it has potential to generate significant revenue.

5% of cars = 5M x Y number of chips x 30c per chip = Z revenue pa.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

ARM sold 29.2B chips in 2021. If BRN can find it's way into 5% of ARM chips = 1.5B chips x 30c = $450M revenue. If royalties are 1% then revenue will be $225M.

ARM IP revenue model

The upfront license fee depends on the complexity of the design you’re licensing. An older ARM11 will have a lower up front fee than a Cortex A57. The upfront fee generally ranges from $1M - $10M, although there are options lower or higher than that (I’ll get to that shortly).

The royalty is on a per chip basis. Every chip that contains ARM IP has a royalty associated with it. The royalty is typically 1 - 2% of the selling price of the chip. For chips that are sold externally that’s an easy figure to calculate, but if a company is building and selling a chip internally the royalty is based on what the market price would be for that chip.

Both the up front license fee and the royalty are negotiable. There are discounts for multiple ARM cores used in a single design. This is where things like support contracts come into play.

Buses/interfaces come for free, you really just pay for CPU/GPU licenses. ARM’s Mali GPU is typically going to be viewed as an adder and is currently viewed as demanding less of a royalty than ARM’s high-end CPU licenses. A rough breakdown is below:

ARM Example Royalties​
IP
ARM7/9/11
1.0% - 1.5%​
ARM Cortex A-series
1.5% - 2.0%​
2.0% and above​
Mali GPU
0.75% - 1.25% adder​
0.5% adder​

In cases of a POP license, the royalty is actually paid by the foundry and not the customer. The royalty is calculated per wafer and it works out to roughly a 0.5% adder per chip sold.

It usually takes around 6 months to negotiate a contract with an ARM licensee. From license acquisition to first revenue shipments can often take around 3 - 4 years. Designs can then ship for up to 20 years depending on the market segment.

Of the 320 companies that license IP from ARM, over half are currently paying a royalty - the rest are currently in period between signing a license and shipping a product. ARM signs roughly 30 - 40 new licensees per year.

About 80% of the companies that sign a license end up building a chip that they can sell in the market. The remaining 20% either get acquired or fail for other reasons. Royalties make up roughly 50% of ARM’s total revenues, licensing fees are just over 33% and the remainder is equally distributed between software tools and technical support.

ARM's revenues are decent (and growing), but it's still a relatively small company. In 2012 ARM brought in $913.1M. Given how many ARM designs exist in the market (and the size of some of ARM's biggest customers), it almost seems like ARM should be raising its royalty rates a bit. Because of ARM's unique business model, gross margin can be north of 94%. Operating margin tends to be around 45% though.

Solid post. Thanks!

Reactions: 15 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

ARM IP revenue model

ARM Example Royalties​
IP
ARM7/9/11
1.0% - 1.5%​
ARM Cortex A-series
1.5% - 2.0%​
2.0% and above​
Mali GPU
0.75% - 1.25% adder​
0.5% adder​

Yeah, excellent post mate and gives a realistic expectation of the royalty percentages we should expect.

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Kennt jemand die Leserschaft von news.financial? Ist es Mainstream oder Nische? Auf jeden Fall ist es immer noch großartig zu sehen, dass BRN außerhalb der Tech-Publikationen mehr erwähnt wird und sich in Finanzpublikationen ausbreitet. Das Wort kommt heraus. Der Schneeball wächst. Weniger Leute werden fragen, was neuromorphes Computing ist, und stattdessen "Heilige Scheiße" sagen. Wie lange geht das schon?

news.financial is in no way a niche, it appears on wallstreet-online.de.

There, Europe and the USA follow the share price

just click on it

scroll a little bit down and you find the post 03.08 ( inv3st.de corporate news)

• Fire
  • Wow

Steve10

Regular
Solid post. Thanks!
Cheers. Everybody should be doing similar in leau of looking at SP daily.

There is a lead time for big revenue as projects take time to come to fruition. Once that patented revenue kicks in it can last 20 years as mentioned by ARM.

If BRN was partnered with no name partners there would be cause for concern. However, no need for concern as BRN is partnered with some big names directly & indirectly. Technology has been proven.

Traders will trade, shorters will short, manipulators will manipulate regardless.

FF kept the place sane. FF if you're reading hope you're well.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

robsmark

Regular
It's quite sweet - the Spaniards used to use it as a wine extender ...
but it killed them.
Very sweet. I started my career as a diesel mechanic, and 20+ years back, tasting it was a good (debatable in retrospect 🤣) way to test refrigerant levels in cooling systems before winter (I come from a part of the world where it freezes in the winter).

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

MADX

Regular
Consider existing devices with sensor(s) and algorithm(s) e.g. a sleep apnea machine.

Is it the case that where algorithms are using the sensor data to cause an action, Akida tech could cause more accurate actions because an algo. is limited to what the programmer has built into it and, for instance, could not cope with the unexpected?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Steve10

Regular
Remember this article from Deloitte? Can anybody remember what the SP was when they released the document as it doesn't appear to be dated?

RankingCompany nameCountryGrowth rateSegmentation
1Shape SecurityU.S.A~23000%**Business Services
2BrainChipU.S.A~16000%**Chip
3Razorpay Software India~11000%**Finance
4BioCatchIsrael~10000%**Finance
5SignifydU.S.A~6000%**Business Services

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Mercfan

There is also a ignore function here which I unfortunately had to deploy the other day.
I thought it all stopped now after zeebot's Message but no one gets up every morning

Reactions: 3 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Remember this article from Deloitte? Can anybody remember what the SP was when they released the document as it doesn't appear to be dated?

3Razorpay SoftwareIndia~11000%**Finance
Afternoon Steve10,

Great posts.

The date I have for the above Deloitte report is 2019, and the price was roughly $0.05cents.

The implied share price I extracted was $8.00

These were from my scribblings on a peice of paper back then so may be off.

Also I belive DrPutin ( poster alias ) found this article and supplied to all.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

3Razorpay SoftwareIndia~11000%**Finance

Possibly 30/10/2019, so... about 5 cents.

Here's the an article containing that info: https://thecxlab.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/deloitte-cn-tmt-ai-report-en-190927.pdf

• Love
D

Deleted member 118

ARM IP revenue model

ARM Example Royalties​
IP
ARM7/9/11
1.0% - 1.5%​
ARM Cortex A-series
1.5% - 2.0%​
2.0% and above​
Mali GPU
0.75% - 1.25% adder​
0.5% adder​

• Haha
  • Fire
Top Bottom