BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Nothing to worry about guys, I bout my first lot of shares for 4c and now my average share price is 85, keep on trucking 😎

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Sam

By
Nothing to worry about guys, I bout my first lot of shares for 4c and now my average share price is 85, keep on trucking 😎
Buy whenever you can👍

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Sam

Xhosa12345

Regular
Too complex. There's a quote from Einstein... any smart person can make something complex. But it takes a genius to make something simple.

Can you rewrite your threads in a more simple way? Maybe, I dunno, on a picture of an iceberg or something?

download.jpeg-70.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Sam

Dell may need a bit of Akida in their lives👍

Attachments

• 18289EB9-DA15-45A8-96A3-5B5D34A62710.png
    18289EB9-DA15-45A8-96A3-5B5D34A62710.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Sam

Dell may need a bit of Akida in their lives👍
Sorry….. too many reds, intel is the name I’m looking for😂😂😂

Reactions: 2 users

Sam

I swear my only agenda is brainchip to soar😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Leveling up​

With Drive Pilot, Mercedes has placed itself in an unusual position. The SAE autonomy scale goes from Level 0, signifying complete manual operation, to Level 5, signifying cars that can drive themselves in all conditions. Level 3 is the halfway point between those two extremes but, crucially, it’s also the only level that blends human and machine control.

According to the SAE, when a Level 3 system is operating, the car is driving. However, it can still ask the driver to take over control. That stipulation is unique to Level 3. At Levels 4 and 5, the car shouldn’t require human intervention, per the SAE standards, while at Levels 0-2 the driver is considered to be in charge at all times. That includes systems like General Motors’ Super Cruise and Ford’s BlueCruise, where drivers may be merely supervising without touching the steering wheel or pedals.

Another luxury?​

The need to add more sensors and connectivity also contradicts a popular misconception: that Level 3 tech inevitably leads to fully autonomous driving. Just as new hardware was needed to get from Level 2 to Level 3, even more will likely be needed to reach Levels 4 and 5. That will also require mapping more roads, and taking Drive Pilot beyond divided highways. That adds development costs and pushes the limits of the technology, which may not work as well beyond the relatively controlled environment of highways.

What a DH..
He's basically saying it's really good and may make things safer, but it's going to be hard and expensive in the beginning, going to full automony, so should car companies, even be trying?..

Personally I won't ever get an autonomous car, unless it's forced upon me, but there's no denying, it's the future.

What a backward thinking fella..

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

jtardif999

Regular
What a DH..
He's basically saying it's really good and may make things safer, but it's going to be hard and expensive in the beginning, going to full automony, so should car companies, even be trying?..

Personally I won't ever get an autonomos car, unless it's forced upon me, but there's no denying, it's the future.

Hey Dingo I don’t think any of us will own fully autonomous vehicles - they will just be available to us like Uber at any time or place.. and then there will also be autonomous drone taxis for the flighty amongst us 😎

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Proga

Regular
What a DH..

Personally I won't ever get an autonomos car, unless it's forced upon me, but there's no denying, it's the future.

They'll come in handy when you are old and decrepit and no longer allowed a license

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23 users

Proga

Regular
Hey Dingo I don’t think any of us will own fully autonomous vehicles - they will just be available to us like Uber at any time or place.. and then there will also be autonomous drone taxis for the flighty amongst us 😎
People will still want to own one instead of waiting for 1 to turn up or go on a camping trip etc

Reactions: 4 users
They'll come in handy when you are old and decrepit and no longer allowed a license
Like I said, when I'm forced 😛

In other news, China up in arms over Pelosi visit.

Sure she was invited, but you'ld think with a war still raging in Ukraine, that Pelosi might say "Thanks for the invite, but probably not a good idea, to upset China"..

It's like striking a match, next to a fuel bowser...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Could this have AKIDA ??

Renesas Unveils Powerful 1GHz RZ/A3UL 64-Bit MPUs with RTOS Support That Enable High-Definition HMI and Quick Startup

Versions Available Supporting High-Speed DDR3L/DDR4 Memory Interface and Octal-SPI Memory Interface for Simpler Design
(Graphic: Business Wire)
(Graphic: Business Wire)
August 04, 2022 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced the RZ/A3UL group of microprocessors (MPU) that enables both a high-definition human-machine interface (HMI) and quick startup for applications that require high throughput and real-time capabilities. The new RZ/A3UL allows customers to achieve the full potential of a real-time operating system (RTOS) while leveraging the performance boost provided by the 64-bit Arm® Cortex®-A55 CPU core with a maximum operating frequency of 1 GHz. Using an RTOS allows systems to start up instantly, in less than a second after boot-up. This feature is ideal for systems that require a fast response time such as industrial equipment, home appliances and office automation equipment with liquid crystal displays or control panels, as well as audio equipment and POS terminals.
“The combination of high-performance MPUs like the RZ/A3UL, with the real-time capabilities of Azure RTOS, will directly improve the performance of our customers' devices.”
Tweet this
The new RZ/A3UL MPUs integrates an Octal-SPI memory interface*1 that facilitates simpler and more compact board designs. In addition, the new devices include versions that support a DDR3L/DDR4 memory interface to enable connection of high-speed DRAM. For example, the DDR3L/DDR4 memory interface achieves a data transfer speed that is approximately 10 times faster than the Octal-SPI memory interface, maximizing the performance needed to enable an HD (1280x720) class display and an interactive and more sophisticated HMI utilizing camera input or various types of sensors.
The RZ/A3UL supports the industry’s two leading RTOSes: FreeRTOS and Azure RTOS. Since Renesas is a license provider of Azure RTOS for the RZ Family, users can simply download the high-performance Azure RTOS from GitHub and get started immediately. In addition, Renesas offers a Flexible Software Package including FreeRTOS and HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) drivers that developers can use as a reference when developing their own applications. An extensive suite of middleware is also available for both operating systems, further reducing the time and cost for development.
“Many customers who use RTOSes tell us that they want to retain features like excellent real-time capabilities and quick startup, but that they also want higher resolution and better performance,” said Shigeki Kato, Vice President of the Enterprise Infrastructure Business Division at Renesas. “I am confident that the RZ/A3UL will deliver the higher performance required, while still giving customers the flexibility and ease of use offered by MCUs.”
Moe Tanabian, Vice President & General Manager, Azure IoT, Light Edge, AI at Microsoft added, “The combination of high-performance MPUs like the RZ/A3UL, with the real-time capabilities of Azure RTOS, will directly improve the performance of our customers' devices."
The peripheral functions and package pin assignments of the RZ/A3UL are compatible with the RZ/G2UL that employs the Cortex-A55 core targeting Linux-based HMI applications, and with the RISC-V-based RZ/Five products. This means that engineers can develop new products using the same board design, simply by replacing the chip. The compatibility between devices also allows engineers to easily transition from a product that runs an RTOS to a Linux-based product, facilitating efficient development across multiple product models.
Winning Combination with RZ/A3UL
Renesas has designed an HMI solution, “RTOS Based RZ/A3UL HMI SMARC SOM” that uses the RZ/A3UL and other compatible devices from Renesas and its partners’ portfolios. This Winning Combination is a module conforming to the industry-standard SMARC 2.1 form factor. The module incorporates devices including the DA9062 power management IC, 5P35023 programmable clock generator, AT25QL128A flash memory IC, and SLG46538 GreenPAK implementing peripheral functions such as system reset. It can be used to evaluate the RZ/A3UL and also as a reference design to help shorten development time. Renesas Winning Combinations have technically vetted system architecture from mutually compatible devices that work together seamlessly to bring an optimized low-risk design for a faster time to market. Renesas offers more than 300 Winning Combinations with a wide range of products from its portfolio. They can be found at https://www.renesas.com/win.
Availability
The RZ/A3UL MPUs and development tools are available now. For further information, please visit: https://www.renesas.com/rza3ul.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I've been asked to post the following on our forum, I've put it all through the translator:

Where could the Akida chip technology be installed soon????

BrainChip partners with Prophesee to optimize the performance and efficiency of Computer Vision AI
Laguna Hills, California - June 14, 2022 - BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world's first commercial neuromorphic AI IP manufacturer, and Prophesee , the inventor of the world's most advanced neuromorphic vision systems, today announced a technology partnership that will provide next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high AI performance coupled with ultra-low-power technologies.

Inspired by human vision, Prophesee's technology uses a patented sensor design and AI algorithms that mimic the eye and brain to reveal what was previously invisible using standard frame-based technology. Prophesee's computer vision systems unlock new potential in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, security and surveillance, and AR/VR.

Akida, BrainChip's first-to-market neuromorphic processor, mimics the human brain to analyze only the essential sensory inputs at the point of acquisition and process data with unprecedented efficiency, precision and power savings. Keeping AI/ML local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also drastically reduces latency.

"We successfully ported data from Prophesee's neuromorphic camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, co-founder and CDO of BrainChip. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and energy savings at the point of capture truly advances cutting-edge AI enablement, providing manufacturers with an out-of-the-box solution."

CAUTION!! Absolutely the most informative section of the report:

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to provide a complete high-performance, ultra-low-power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offering,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.”

For more information on the BrainChip and Prophete partnership, contact sales@brainchip.com.

"We successfully ported data from Prophesee's neuromorphic camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, BrainChip co-founder and CDO. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and energy savings at the point of capture truly advances cutting-edge AI enablement, providing manufacturers with an out-of-the-box solution."

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to provide a complete high-performance, ultra-low-power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offering,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee."

Remember the keyword Metavision!!

ABOUT PROPHESEE
Prophesee is the inventor of the world's most advanced neuromorphic vision systems.

The company has pioneered an event-based vision approach to machine vision. This new category of vision enables a significant reduction in power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was previously invisible to traditional frame-based sensors.

Prophesee's patented Metavision® sensors and algorithms mimic how the human eye and brain work to dramatically improve efficiency in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, security and surveillance, and AR/VR.

New sensor technologies complement the capabilities of standard vision systems, improve occupant safety, enable greater personalization and expand today's cabin experience into tomorrow's third room experience
CALABASAS, California – April 21, 2021 – DTS® , a global leader in next-generation audio, imaging and sensing technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Xperi Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: XPER) (“Xperi”), today announced a global first neuromorphic driver monitoring solution (DMS) powered by Prophesee Metavision® – Event-Based Vision Sensor .

Using the raw data from the Metavision® – Event-Based Vision sensor, the DTS AutoSense* team developed key driver monitoring functions such as gaze tracking, head posture, identification and eyelid opening.

With more than 20 years of world-leading experience in neural solutions and computer vision, and with billions of products powered by their solutions, the Xperi team maps and adapts interior surveillance (ICM) technologies to existing and future sensor-centric trends .

“Intelligent sensing is required for the next-generation cabin experience. The key way to get there is an advanced research strategy focused on sensor fusion,” said Petronel Bigioi, Chief Technology Officer, Xperi. "DTS AutoSense's advanced research team is focused on cutting-edge sensing solutions, and neuromorphic sensing is one of the technologies that can shape the future of the industry."

The neuromorphic sensors capture information at an equivalent frame rate of 10,000 frames per second without the need for active lighting. This enables better low-light performance for driver monitoring functions, as well as unprecedented features such as saccadic eye movements or micro-expressions, critical next steps for next-generation passenger experiences.
Xperi's implementation has 12 patents pending and relies on an end-to-end data generation and training system designed to take into account the specifics of the sensor. The training dataset was generated based on Xperi's extensive computer vision infrastructure, reusing ground truths from the visible and near-infrared spectrum, synthesizing a completely novel approach in neuromorphic recognition.

"Being able to instantly recognize the most subtle, almost imperceptible facial and eye movements can be life-saving," Petronel Bigioi said. "The powerful low-light imaging capabilities, fast response times, and low-power operation that enable this groundbreaking neuromorphism-based technology application make it ideal for the safety-critical applications of driver monitoring systems, while expanding the possibilities for further enhancement and personalization of the vehicle cabin."

Xperi uses Prohesee's Metavision products.
Take a look at the customer list at Xperi, all the well-known car manufacturers in the world are there!

What do you think?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 87 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

JK200SX

Regular
1659652062258.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

GazDix

Regular
Also when you are drunk. Can blow into a pipe in your car and Akida will know how far gone you are, will play an screechy noise saying 'you must drink 1.3 litres of water now' so you don't wake up with such a headache. The seats will automatically be appropriately adjusted with pillows and adequate warmth, Akida will darken the car windows and off you go into the night to wake up the next day not feeling so bad in your driveway.

This will be me after our $30 share party in 2028.

• Haha
Reactions: 28 users
Top Bottom