BRN Discussion Ongoing

Shadow59

Regular
The rules are probably pretty negligible given that a current list of the top 20 can be observed by anyone via appointment in the boardroom offices. The information is therefore basically considered to be readily accessible to the average person.

Why ANN it? Don't know.
Why the delay? Don't know.
Does it matter? Don't know.

IMO
I think the top 20 being only available to view at the boardroom office is just a little bit odd.
I can see absolutely no reason this couldn't be done via a web page that is always automatically up to date at the close of each trading day.
Sort of a bit antique information tech. (Just written down on a bit of paper hidden in a dark room needing a bit of a secret handshake to see.)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Foxdog

Regular
Great job Lex. It's very hard to predict so far out especially with an emerging technology.

First thoughts were the CAGR looked too low, especially if it becomes ubiquitous. Most of the pundits got the CAGR wrong on the low side predicting EV growth. Also the higher the CAGR the higher the P/E ratio as we both know the SP will front run predicted revenue growth.

I think what's coming down the pike in 2024 will shock the financial markets. They may begin to get an inkling in 2023 depending how many applications hit the market and its effect on BRN revenue. Going out to 2027 was a good idea as a few years of revenue and the rate of increase will provide the market a better guide on CAGR and P/E which in turn sets how much the SP will front run.
Share price predictions please Proga, not to put you on the spot but I want to get my big calculator out again 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

MDhere

Regular
These figures are just quickly Googled and roughly rounded to one decimal place.

Microsoft 7.5 billion shares on issue.

Samsung 5.9 billion shares on issue.

Amazon 10.2 billion shares on issue

Intel 4.1 billion shares on issue.

Nvidia 2.5 billion shares on issue

Tesla 1.2 billion shares on issue.
(but US$891 share price, would expect a split soon).

Apple 16.4 billion shares on issue.

As one example..
Apple's stock has been split five times since the company went public.

Large companies, do share splits, mainly to increase liquidity, when the share price gets too high.
yep Tesla $891 a share and 1 . something million shares. no dividends. they are currently doing a x3 split in a few days times that's the proposed one.
Us at $1aud , i reckon at a blink of an eye (slow blink if you like) we will be at $5 and i guess @alwaysgreen did you mention 2 weeks ago you were ready to retire? How does anywhere between $5 and $891 sound? 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Labsy

Regular
There will be some pretty interesting decisions to make along the way as the SP climbs to $10, $20, $50, $100 etc. Does one clear debt by periodically selling down some shares or instead keep riding the train with a fully loaded holding for that 'Powerballesque' jackpot in 2027?

🤔 Certainly is nice to dream.
Ride the train baaeeeby, ride the train.....

Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I think the top 20 being only available to view at the boardroom office is just a little bit odd.
I can see absolutely no reason this couldn't be done via a web page that is always automatically up to date at the close of each trading day.
Sort of a bit antique information tech. (Just written down on a bit of paper hidden in a dark room needing a bit of a secret handshake to see.)

Haha 100%.

It's actually pretty f*$king ridiculous that this kind of information isn't as accessible as the current intraday share price IMO.

Not enabling this just makes me feel like the whole system is heavily infested with gravy train riders who could not care less about anything other than their own wealth.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Share price predictions please Proga, not to put you on the spot but I want to get my big calculator out again 😆
calculator-kid.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Proga

Regular
Hey Proga, I've been using this website, since someone (sorry) posted it recently.

View attachment 13030
There were just over a million new shorts taken out on the 26th (Only lists the last 3 days).
We will find out how many we're taken out today, about midday tomorrow.
It would help greatly, if we knew how many, if any, are being covered each day..

Were there 23 million shorts taken out on the 16th of June, for the 17th?
Or are you talking about an aggregate attack?
You bet. On the 17th. If you scroll down to the 17th on the website you posted it shows it. BRN went from the 83rd most shorted to 50th. Thanks for the website.

It would help greatly, if we knew how many, if any, are being covered each day.. - spot on. From other stocks I have being shorted, they are. If you go into SYR you'll see all most weekly becoming a substantial holder and ceasing to be a substantial holder from UBS. It lists every trade and they are buying and selling every day. Also list when they borrowed stock/gave it back and how many shares they borrowed.

• Fire
  • Wow

Just a little taste of the non technical gobbledygook I could actually understand of the patents. Looking forward to how we are implemented with Siemens Healthcare.
Don't you even think of bringing the ogre out..

[0030] Training of AI methods on knowledge graph data is typically an intensive task and therefore not implemented directly at the Edge, i.e., on the devices that produce the data. By Edge we refer to computing resources which either directly belong to a system that generates the raw data (e.g., an industrial manufacturing system), or are located very closely to it (physically and/or logically in a networked topology, e.g., in an shop-floor network), and typically have limited computational resources.

[0031] According to some embodiments, the industrial device and the method provide training AI algorithms on knowledge graph data which can be embedded directly into the industrial device, being able to continuously learn based on observations without requiring external data processing servers.

[0032] It is advantageous to train these algorithms directly at the devices producing the data because no data extraction or additional computing infrastructure is required. The latency between data observation and availability of a trained algorithm that the existing methods incur (due to the need to extract, transformation and process the data off-device) is eliminated.

[0034] According to some embodiments, the industrial device and the method integrate learning and inference in a single system, which eliminates the need to extract data. The learning system is able to adapt dynamically to data events, as well as more responsive. According to some embodiments, operator input and feedback can control the learning process.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Bravo,

Do you know if it was LG's in-vehicle infotainment system used in the EQXX? If it was they have already had experience using Akida.

Yes, I agree with you @Proga. I believe they are already familiar with BrainChip for this reason. On a previous post #9,173 I found an article that stated "At the Mercedes EQXX reveal, Mercedes chief technology officer Markus Schäfer noted that the concept was a running and driving protoype, which uses "a version of the existing MBUX infotainment system".

I thought Markus was indicating here that it was the same as the existing MBUX infotainment system, in other words also using the same LG OLED display built into the MBUX Hyperscreen, with the only difference being that the EQXX version would incorporate AKIDA.

On this post I also tried to delve a bit further into links between LG & Cerence.

Hope that makes some sense because sometimes I even manage to confuse myself. 🥴

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
You bet. On the 17th. If you scroll down to the 17th on the website you posted it shows it. BRN went from the 83rd most shorted to 50th. Thanks for the website.

It would help greatly, if we knew how many, if any, are being covered each day.. - spot on. From other stocks I have being shorted, they are. If you go into SYR you'll see all most weekly becoming a substantial holder and ceasing to be a substantial holder from UBS. It lists every trade and they are buying and selling every day. Also list when they borrowed stock/gave it back and how many shares they borrowed.
Wow, that was a big day!
I must have been sleeping 🤔..

So the..

"Latest Reported Shorts (Aggregate)"​

Is the quantity of shorts, still to be covered from the previous day then right?

A fair amount of the new shorts, must be covering as they can, leaving the stale shorts, under 90 cents to rot..

Unless they are using some of the profits of the new shorts, to cover, covering of the old shorts 🤔..

My head hurts, where's my Bex?..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

How silicon innovation became the ‘secret sauce’ behind AWS’s success​

This has led to the creation of a healthy market where chip companies have realized they don’t need to build everything in house, in much the same way software companies have realized they can buy libraries from open source or other library providers. The industry has matured to the point where now there is a healthy business model around buying building blocks, or IPs, from providers like Arm, Synopsys, Alphawave, or Cadence.

• Fire
  • Love

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I bought another 1K today and already won 10 euros, hmm now I'm wondering what I'll do with it🥰

View attachment 13029

Well, firstly @Sirod69 , might I suggest that you could start by buying another bottle of champagne for yourself since you threw half of your first bottle over your shoulder! 🥂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love

180*

Emerged
I see HSBC AC2 has increased its holdings by over 73 million!
Merc f1 sponsored by 🤔

Siemens sponser too.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Deena

Regular
So, I understand the short system, but I don’t understand where they get the volume to buy when they push down?
I think someone said over 4 million taken out last Friday, but even if a few retail sold, I can’t imagine that being enough to cover them?
Do they just keep re-shorting until they make enough profit, or sometimes lose badly?
Cheers, and if you are a shorter with bad intentions, go @&%# yourselves and I hope Brainchip come out with an announcement!
Hi JK. There seems to be some confusion amongst some posters about how shorting works, so I will try to explain it in a simple way from my understanding. If it's not quite right I'm sure someone will correct the record.

1. Lets say a big institution is accumulating say a tech company involved in AI using SNN. It could be any company which has commercial hardware available, so feel free to pick any one!

2. So the large fund / insto has a sh1t load of these AI shares and they say. Well we have all these shares sitting here, we can just sit on them and wait for them to go up or is there some other way to make money from them. I KNOW! Let's lend them to some shorter. We charge them an upfront fee and a percentage of their value to lend them out for a pre-arranged maximum time ... with the proviso that we can call them in at any time if the sorters position looks challenged.

3. The shorter then, now has a sh1t load of borrowed shares. As a shorter here is my tactics. Firstly I dump a whole bunch of the borrowed shares on the market at a critical time - usually following a recent rise while running down the shares to produce negative sentiment.

4. Some holders will have a stop loss in place and because of the sudden drop in the market these stop losses are hit, prompting a further drop in the market.

5. Other retail holders see the share price dropping, panic and also sell. As the prices fall the shorters step back in and buy back the shares for much less than what they sold for. They then return the shares with the interest from who they borrowed from, and pocket their profits.

6. Of course, if the price goes up instead of down, then the shorters get caught in a short squeeze. They still have to buy back the shares to return them, but they pay more rather than less.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
D

Deleted member 118

Yes, I agree with you @Proga. I believe they are already familiar with BrainChip for this reason. On a previous post #9,173 I found an article that stated "At the Mercedes EQXX reveal, Mercedes chief technology officer Markus Schäfer noted that the concept was a running and driving protoype, which uses "a version of the existing MBUX infotainment system".

I thought Markus was indicating here that it was the same as the existing MBUX infotainment system, in other words also using the same LG OLED display built into the MBUX Hyperscreen, with the only difference being that the EQXX version would incorporate AKIDA.

On this post I also tried to delve a bit further into links between LG & Cerence.

Hope that makes some sense because sometimes I even manage to confuse myself. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
This is pretty interesting!

You know how LG Electronics' are working in close collaboration with trusted partner Mercedes-Benz? If you don't check out the link dated 12 Jan 2022 below which says "As an innovative partner for future mobility, LG Electronics' Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company is working with global automakers such as Mercedes-Benz AG to become a leading developer of connectivity, infotainment and ADAS solutions to deliver differentiated in-vehicle experiences".

You also knew it was LG Electronics'newest premium in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system that will be a central feature in the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS EV sedan, etc.

Well now it has just recently been annoucement (cupla days ago) that LG and SoundHound are teaming up to develop an advanced AI voice system to enable conversational voice control in vehicles. SoundHound's voice recognition technology will be integrated with LG's in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system, allowing drivers to control key functions using natural language commands.

LG and SoundHound, say hello to AKIDA!

SoundHound published a patent a few days ago. Maybe @Diogenese will take a look at it:

"Applicants​

SOUNDHOUND INC [US]

Inventors​

WIEMAN MAISY [US]; SPENCER ANDREW CARL [US]; L{HACEK OVER (I)} ZÌLÌ [US]; VASCONCELOS CRISTINA [CA]

Classifications​

IPC
G06N3/04; G06N3/08; G10L15/16; G10L15/22;
CPC
G06N3/04 (US); G06N3/0445 (EP); G06N3/0454 (EP); G06N3/084 (EP,US); G10L15/16 (EP,US); G10L15/22 (US); G06N3/0481 (EP);

Priorities​

US202016790643A·2020-02-13

Application​

US202016790643A·2020-02-13

Publication​

US11392833B2·2022-07-19

Published as​

US11392833B2;
US2021256386A1
EN

Neural acoustic model​

Abstract​

An audio processing system is described. The audio processing system uses a convolutional neural network architecture to process audio data, a recurrent neural network architecture to process at least data derived from an output of the convolutional neural network architecture, and a feed-forward neural network architecture to process at least data derived from an output of the recurrent neural network architecture. The feed-forward neural network architecture is configured to output classification scores for a plurality of sound units associated with speech. The classification scores indicate a presence of one or more sound units in the audio data. The convolutional neural network architecture has a plurality of convolutional groups arranged in series, where a convolutional group includes a combination of two data mappings arranged in parallel."
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search/family/077272717/publication/US11392833B2?q=11392833

Last edited:
  • Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20
yep Tesla $891 a share and 1 . something million shares. no dividends. they are currently doing a x3 split in a few days times that's the proposed one.
Us at $1aud , i reckon at a blink of an eye (slow blink if you like) we will be at $5 and i guess @alwaysgreen did you mention 2 weeks ago you were ready to retire? How does anywhere between $5 and $891 sound? 🤣
$891 would make me a billionaire 🤣🤣

I'll be happy with $10!

• Fire

Foxdog

Regular
Ride the train baaeeeby, ride the train.....
Fact Finder always said to have a plan - well how's this: Destination 2027, SP north of 150 bucks....retirement 😆 All that needs to be done is hold through thick and thin while BRN's AKIDA becomes ubiquitous 😲

$150 just imagine that......

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom