BRN Discussion Ongoing

BaconLover

Founding Member
I personally don't see any issue with shorts.
It helps you as well to accumulate shares.
We don't complain when shorts have to cover and share price goes sky rocket.
So I am not complaining when they take shorts out, since they will help us eventually.

Chill Reaction GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Yak52

Regular
I personally don't see any issue with shorts.
It helps you as well to accumulate shares.
We don't complain when shorts have to cover and share price goes sky rocket.
So I am not complaining when they take shorts out, since they will help us eventually.

Chill Reaction GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Bacon you truly just should not say anything when you obviously do not know the subject matter!

What a load of *&#@ and nothing more than beginner RETAIL thinking! You have no concept of "Shorting" how or why its used and what the strategy behind INSTO "Shorting Campaign" is all about.

There is far more behind this than a small broker trying to accumulate some BRN shares.

RETAIL 1.5 yrs ago held 65% of SOI.
RETAIL this June 2022 held about 26% SOI

RETAIL TODAY hold what ? 20%?? less?? And WHO bought all those shares? INSTO.

SEE a PATTERN in all that BaconLover? Hmm? and yes why do we not have a new Top 20 as promised??? What would we see perhaps?

Yak52.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
The trading action smells of shorters. Put in fake bids to show lots of buying interest to lure buyers to buy into their shorts and then when accumulated enough, pull the bids, dump and let it free fall.

Shorters can only cause short term turbulence as they will have to buy it back sooner or later. Unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the company, there is nothing to worry about.

As the company is so tight-lipped with shareholders, may be someone close to the inside knows something we don't know. That is my biggest worry.
Agreed!..and that right there about the company being so tight-lipped is very dangerous for shorters, when in due time an announcement comes out it's not going to be half-arsed. IT WILL BE BIG, and this is going to upset a lot of shorters.

ZIP was up 20% yesterday and down that plus more today...

Long term BRN will move up, nothing to fear here!....for us anyways :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Yak52

Regular
Settle down tiger.

Beagle since you like putting me down frequently , all I can say is ..............go play with your own tail dude.

ps. Not a trader are you?

JUST how many Broker traders are here in our forum manipulating us I wonder?

Reactions: 3 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Bacon you truly just should not say anything when you obviously do not know the subject matter!

What a load of *&#@ and nothing more than beginner RETAIL thinking! You have no concept of "Shorting" how or why its used and what the strategy behind INSTO "Shorting Campaign" is all about.

There is far more behind this than a small broker trying to accumulate some BRN shares.

SEE a PATTERN in all that BaconLover? Hmm? and yes why do we not have a new Top 20 as promised??? What would we see perhaps?

Yak52.

I am just a beginner retail. So I guess I'll think as such.

If Retail owns less than 20% it is not instos fault. They own less because they sold out. Simples.
Instos can play all they want, but unless retail sell, instos won't get our shares. Those who know BRN and it's potential will accumulate as they see fit.

I am one of them. I will keep buying at cheaper prices because whether I like it or not, shorting is here to stay.

I like to use it constructively and to my advantage rather than complain.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
I think you’ll find most of the tech stocks are being hammered today…. Fridays are always a mystery 🫣🫠

Reactions: 3 users

Luppo71

Founding Member

Yak52.
Hey,

I too am not happy with what's going on with SP and am a relatively new trader so won't pretend to know exactly what's going on.
But what pisses me off even more is fucken you bitching every day about this or that.
A bloke just asked you to chill, have a wine and enjoy the weekend.
Wether his opinion is right or wrong is neither here nor there you resor to name calling and then tell bacon he's talking shit.
I don't have as much as you, but have a nice chunk, and don't really care how knowledgeable you are on stocks just do everyone a favour and have a spell.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Shadow59

Regular
AND IT BEGINS AGAIN!

MORE NEW SHORTS TAKEN OUT AND BEING DUMPED TO DRIVE THE SP DOWN.

This BS needs to be investigated by the company about WHO is doing a "Shorting Campaign" (illegal) against BRN.

Otherwise it will fuel rumours of a drive down for a Hostile Take Over.

This is NOT a "correction" and the next few days will prove the New shorts do exist.

Again I can "feel" INTEL lurking in the background some how.

Yak52
Hi Y I'll have to say I'm with you on this, I also "feel" Intel lurking. Currently Loihi is so far off becoming commercial, Intel have to really think about their options to staying relevant.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
AND IT BEGINS AGAIN!

MORE NEW SHORTS TAKEN OUT AND BEING DUMPED TO DRIVE THE SP DOWN.

This BS needs to be investigated by the company about WHO is doing a "Shorting Campaign" (illegal) against BRN.

Otherwise it will fuel rumours of a drive down for a Hostile Take Over.

This is NOT a "correction" and the next few days will prove the New shorts do exist.

Again I can "feel" INTEL lurking in the background some how.

Yak52
As I am so unaware of how markets work, your insights always interest me.

When you say you feel Intel lurking...do you believe they are accumulating, or do you think they are orchestrating said shorting campaigns, to keep the price down?

Sorry if my post seems like a dumb question...i just truly have no idea how it all works.

Cheers

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Yak52

Regular
I am just a beginner retail. So I guess I'll think as such.

If Retail owns less than 20% it is not instos fault. They own less because they sold out. Simples.
Instos can play all they want, but unless retail sell, instos won't get our shares. Those who know BRN and it's potential will accumulate as they see fit.

I am one of them. I will keep buying at cheaper prices because whether I like it or not, shorting is here to stay.

I like to use it constructively and to my advantage rather than complain.

See Bacon .........theres that RETAIL way of thinking and letting themselfs be manipulated until they end up LOSING!

After all thats probably whats happened probably to many of those retail that sold out or were tripped out on their Stop losses!

You should be listening to wiser & more experienced traders who are here we you in this stock and invested also.
I would not dream of telling you anything about Hospitals as thats your field. And THIS my RETAIL friend is mine!

I am glad you can shrug off an -11% drop in your Asset value as meaningless. What do you think might happen next hmm?

Strange you don't seem worried as yesterday about looking at the Registry of shares anymore.

Yak52

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Yak52

Regular
As I am so unaware of how markets work, your insights always interest me.

When you say you feel Intel lurking...do you believe they are accumulating, or do you think they are orchestrating said shorting campaigns, to keep the price down?

Sorry if my post seems like a dumb question...i just truly have no idea how it all works.

Cheers

BOTH

One serves the OTHER!

Y.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20

I apologise for my recent lengthy rants about EVs, batteries and power grids. This is somewhat off topic, but as Mercedes is such a big part of discussions involving BrainChip, as well as EVs probably being a huge driver for Akida adoption (if only in the sensors), I thought it may be ok to dig a little deeper. For those who aren’t interested, you can easily scroll on by.

Yes I was suitably impressed when I first saw the Lightyear. There’s a good YouTube clip also—and in it they even mention the Mercedes EQXX. The two cars do look very similar!

I love it how they get pulled over by the police whilst making the YouTube clip.

Solar panels charging the main drive battery, combined with a super efficient drive train, very well could be the solution we need, and maybe Mercedes can follow suit and use their solar panels to charge the main battery pack. I REALLY like the idea of charging your EV from sunlight and not relying on the archaic power grid to charge it.

Being able to sell EVs to parts of the world that have no EV charging infrastructure at all, is a VERY powerful sales point.

I like their smaller battery pack. As I’ve said before, for normal family commute usage, range is NOT the most important metric for an EV. Having a battery that can handle the typical daily/weekly usage (plus contingencies) is what designers should be concentrating on. The average car is parked 95% of the time after all. It may as well be charging at the same time. Reducing the weight of the batteries is IMHO a critical consideration.

Mercedes saved weight by having their solar panels charge only the 12V system. Maybe they could reduce some weight out of their massive 100kWh battery pack and add the required circuitry to charge it from solar. Now that, IMHO, would be a positive step. But Mercedes seem hell-bent on making range records. It may even be a fixation of theirs.

One has to be impressed by the theoretical, but more realistic, claim of 12km of range, harvested from the Lightyear’s 5m2 of solar panels, in an hour of sunlight. Their solar panels do charge the main battery pack, and under certain driving conditions (like local commutes only, combined with long stints parked in direct sunlight) their claim of months between charges could conceivably be possible. With their car recharging at the theoretical max of 1kW per hour.

I do believe their solar charging ability is somewhat exaggerated though, but their claims do make for convincing marketing.

12km extra range per hour equates to approx 1kWh (using their stated best figures of 725km from their 60kWh pack) which is quite a stretch for that size Solar panel to generate. The best solar panels on the market at the moment generate 425W, under ideal light, including ideal angle of incidence, 5m2 of the industry best 425W panels (at ~1.9m2 each) will just achieve that stated generation.

Hence, although probably full of marketing hyperbole, their stated claims of months between charges is believable, and is absolutely wonderful!

Another consideration for drive efficiency is to reduce the wasted energy that is dissipated in a differential. And as I suggested in my 1985 thesis, place small electric motors at each wheel and use smarts (this is where Akida can help) to control wheel slip and assist steering. I have shared this in a previous post though, so I apologise again for rehashing old stuff. A drive on each wheel (or maybe just two of them) may well happen one day, and yes I am aware that some developers are already experimenting with this, with great success.

If I forked out the £250k price tag for a Lightyear I’d go the extra yard and get “BUZZ” number plates.

Hi Sly,

Like you, I have concerns about solar cells applied to a vehicle.

However, I think there will be much more solar power available in 10 years.

For example, what's the average area of a petrol station, say 1500 m2, which could be covered in solar panels supplying a vanadium redox flow battery (VRFB) from AVL.

Per your figures, we get 1kWh/hour from 5 m2, then we would get 300 kWh/hr from 1500 m2.

Say we get 5 hrs sun per day - that's 1500kWh per day.

Now the average charge per car might be, eg, 50 kWh, which means 30 cars per day could be charged from solar from the roof of a converted petrol station.

The VRFB could also download off-peak mains power, although what "off-peak" will look like in 10 years is anybody's guess. Major power consumers will no doubt be regulated by the power companies to spread the load.

Local feed-in solar mini-grids will also be part of the electricity supply mix, so much of the power will not need to be fed in from distant solar farms, taking some of the strain off the poles and wires.

The charging station could also feed power back to the mains if the need arose.

... and, yes, there will be a tax on electricity at the pump or on km driven - to heck with it, why not on both!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
See Bacon .........theres that RETAIL way of thinking and letting themselfs be manipulated until they end up LOSING!

After all thats probably whats happened probably to many of those retail that sold out or were tripped out on their Stop losses!

You should be listening to wiser & more experienced traders who are here we you in this stock and invested also.
I would not dream of telling you anything about Hospitals as thats your field. And THIS my RETAIL friend is mine!

I am glad you can shrug off an -11% drop in your Asset value as meaningless. What do you think might happen next hmm?

Strange you don't seem worried as yesterday about looking at the Registry of shares anymore.

Yak52
I disagree.
We invest at our own risks. I believe that -11% drop in SP today has nothing to do with my asset value unless I sell and walk off now. It's just another day. I wouldn't put too much energy in SP movements.

Moreover there is nothing much I can do I believe or Can you tell me what I have to do

Still ❤ your views

• Love
Reactions: 25 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
In my opinion, the instos buy low, drive the price up and then sell off. Taking advantage of retail holders.

We are just pawns.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
If you copy the link to the tweet and paste it into a comment here, it will embed it nicely so that those of us on twitter can engage with it (like/retweet, etc.) - essentially boosting the exposure of the content on the actual platform rather than it just being on here. :)

Thx @wilzy123 , i'll try this on next news flash !!

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

VictorG

On another note, I just bought more BRN 💪😋

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Damo4

Regular
Hey great you have great an opinion since you very rarely ever post! And like that old saying opinions are like arsholes everyone got one!

And I HATE "fucken bitching" Fence sitters who do nothing , contribute NOTHING and can only attack someone!
Make like Beagle and go play with your tail. lol

Y. yes FF I really see why you left!

What's got into you Yak?
I've only just come back after taking a break from forums in general but I remember you being pretty level headed, whats happening?
Im not pleased about today's drop, but I'm sure like you, we have a few bags under our belt here and it's all part of the daily games that we can let play out.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Luppo71

Founding Member
Hey great you have great an opinion since you very rarely ever post! And like that old saying opinions are like arsholes everyone got one!

And I HATE "fucken bitching" Fence sitters who do nothing , contribute NOTHING and can only attack someone!
Make like Beagle and go play with your tail. lol

Y. yes FF I really see why you left!
I don't post much simply because I am a novice and am happy to learn and have had plenty of input before TSE on HC.
I'm no fence sitter, I'm with BRN 100%, just sick of listening to you dribble shit everyday and so are many others.
Done

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Fence sitters who do nothing
Ok... what are you doing about it then? What can we be doing about it then? I am interested in both...

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Proga

Regular

Yak52.
Stop shouting all the time you idiot. You are completely delusional

Insto's don't buy start-ups, speculative stocks which BRN had been. Retail does. As BRN climbs the ASX index ranks, ie into the ASX300 then ASX200, insto's are forced to buy per their managed fund rules because they have to have a percentage within a given range of every 300/200 stock depending on each of the funds they manage.

• Love
Reactions: 34 users
Top Bottom