BRN Discussion Ongoing

ItsKane

Regular
People are on edge and we've never been in a better position ( technically we are on the edge I suppose) 😂 My feet are up and I can't be more excited to see where we are in a year's time. Our growth has been superb and we probably don't even know half of it (no knock on our 1000 eyes). Two words, Essential and ubiquitous. To higher highs

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Perhaps

Regular

BrainChip selected by U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory to develop AI-based radar​

2022-07-25 13:58 HKT
BrainChip, the world's first commercial producer of neuromorphic artificial intelligence chips and IP, today announced that Information Systems Laboratories (ISL) is developing an AI-based radar for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ Neural Network Processor Research solutions.

Not again. This "news" is from January. Week by week this appears as the hot shit of the day on this Chinese fake news site. And week by week some people believe they found the holy grail.
ogre2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Perhaps

Regular
"ISL's decision to use Akida and Edge-based learning as a tool to incorporate into their research and engineering solutions portfolio is in large part due to the go-to-market advantages our innovation capabilities and production-ready status provide ” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip, “We are delighted to be a partner of AFRL and ISL on edge AI and machine learning. We believe the combination of technologies will help accelerate the deployment of AI in the field.”
This is real old, to see some results go to the ISL thread.
ogre2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Mccabe84

Regular
I’m not expecting any revenue till the first w
quarter of next year and till then ill keep accumulating.

Reactions: 14 users

RobjHunt

Regular
WELL... all I can say is none of us have got a clue what is going to revealed in this 4C.... it's all speculation!! it's good to see healthy debates going backwards and forwards and that is what this forum is about! I enjoy seeing different peoples views ... there might be little snippets of info/revenue that we are expecting to see but none of us know what payments/fees are due to be included in this report as there is so much that we do not know about! I like many have been in since 2015 and happy to wait a bit longer for substantial revenue to start pouring in ..of which it most definitely will.. in a BIG way! if we get substantial revenue in this 4C then awesome if not then we only have a short time to wait until we do!

slightly adapted but ........ The 4C will do what the 4C does ... very much looking forward to it! Cheers all and Good Luck :)
Spot on @BienSuerte

Take it away Rachel ;)

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I’m not expecting any revenue till the first w
quarter of next year and till then ill keep accumulating.
Sean Hehir did say something along the lines of revenue growth exceeding the growth of operating costs by the end of the year so I think everyone would feel quite let down if there is no revenue by the end of the year. I'd be filthy to be honest.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

cosors

👀
I recall Infineon being mentioned previously and found a presentation from end June at the HBP Workshop

Appears they been working with Spinnaker2 from what I can tell but may still not rule out Akida as from memory Spinnaker is a Dev with the HBP so maybe tailored to that specific workshop?

Pasted some mostly generic related AI pics that I found interesting and full Presso attached.

View attachment 12409 View attachment 12410 View attachment 12411 View attachment 12412 View attachment 12413 View attachment 12414
I stumbled upon the same presentation via researching Mr. Knobloch. Maybe someone should tell him that there is a solution to his problem or he simply presents the solution/Akida at the conference 😄 Renesas is one of the sponsors of the conference and they will certainly follow his presentation closely:
"However, todays AI algorithms require intensive data processing limiting the scope of edge-AI applications. Although impressive progress has been reached by technology scaling to run GPU, NPU hardware accelerators also on mobile devices, still the power consumption remains a problem to be solved."
https://www.silicon-saxony-day.de/highlights/agenda/klaus-knobloch
https://www.silicon-saxony-day.de/highlights/agenda/neuromorphic-computing

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I stumbled upon the same presentation via researching Mr. Knobloch. Maybe someone should tell him that there is a solution to his problem or he simply presents the solution/Akida at the conference 😄 Renesas is one of the sponsors of the conference and they will certainly follow his presentation closely:
"However, todays AI algorithms require intensive data processing limiting the scope of edge-AI applications. Although impressive progress has been reached by technology scaling to run GPU, NPU hardware accelerators also on mobile devices, still the power consumption remains a problem to be solved."
Mr Knobloch and his partner. Sorry, couldn't help myself. 😂😂
KNobloch.jpg

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

Knoblock how unfortunate lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

skutza

Regular
Interesting read today, talk of the 4c and what it might look like. Maybe there are more traders here than we think. If the 4c is good, great, but still not selling. If the 4c shows not much (which sorry I excpect) and the price goes down, so, I'm still not selling. I have trouble picking my nose and arse, I'm certainly not going to pick the top or bottom. Only 2 ways I'll sell, the company goes broke, or 5 years from now, they still aren't giving me a divi. Other than that, it's all noise.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I know of a company that can help with this, has a greek word in it!

Insights from the Ecosystem: The Importance of Tools, Metrics and Optimisations​

Pablo Fraile
September 22, 2020

“Every little helps” when it comes to performance​

I’m always struck by the consistent need from our ecosystem to squeeze as much performance out of devices as possible. At Arm, we not only release our Mobile IP every year, which improves performance year-on-year. However, we also understand that analysis, tools and software, along with the silicon IP, are essential ingredients in the overall performance calculation. This is particularly applicable to our Mali GPUs where small optimizations can make a big difference to the quality of games.

Minimize power to maximize battery life for longer play
One of the key reasons why consumers stop playing games on mobile is that their battery eventually dies (often after four hours or less). Our ecosystem partners are keen to see greater insights around battery usage, so they can optimize their content (often gaming) effectively. The need for optimization is not restricted to the GPU or the CPU. For example, geolocation and multi-use play require intensive use of GPS and mobile data, which are significant consumers of battery power.

Giving the Ecosystem what they need​

As I mentioned at the beginning, our role at Arm is to help and support our ecosystem so they can continue to innovate and create exciting and compelling content. While pain-points and challenges are evident, we believe that our tools, insights and guides are helping the ecosystem reach their objectives. However, we are very aware that the ecosystem still demands more – more performance optimizations, more insights and more tools – so they can provide the best possible user experiences. This is something we are committed to providing at Arm, now and in the future. Our new Total Compute approach will help to accelerate this support even further, particularly for developers.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Perhaps

Regular
I reckon my wife will be polishing my knob when the share price hits $2.00 . Naturally I want the price to get there ASAP
All the best. Waiting for a long time, the pressure must be enormous.

2dollar.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Sally loves it!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Days to cover = 8.18. I like that number. Above 10 typically means the shorters may start to get into trouble covering their short positions.

“Days to cover is a temporal indication of the short interest in a company's stock. Days to cover is calculated by taking the quantity of shares that are currently sold short and dividing that amount by the stock's average daily trading volume. A high days-to-cover measurement can signal a potential short squeeze.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
I reckon my wife will be polishing my knob when the share price hits $2.00 . Naturally I want the price to get there ASAP
Really …..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

RobjHunt

Regular
People are on edge and we've never been in a better position ( technically we are on the edge I suppose) 😂 My feet are up and I can't be more excited to see where we are in a year's time. Our growth has been superb and we probably don't even know half of it (no knock on our 1000 eyes). Two words, Essential and ubiquitous. To higher highs
Couldn’t agree more @ItsKane

Toto111

Although we have an enormous amount of activity in the background I'd be surprised to see the 3 or 4 expected mill that is being suggested. No doubt the revenue stream will eventually amount to many of millions in the future but I think we’ll need to hold tight until we start seeing some tangible product with paid royalties coming out the other end.

wilzy123

Founding Member
I'd be surprised to see the 3 or 4 expected mill that is being suggested.
Please don't imply that the suggested millions of revenue to be potentially seen in this 4C by one single member of this forum as being "expected".

Also ... thanks for posting for the 4th time ever in 6 months. You should post more 🧐🤔😏

• Haha
  • Love

Moonshot

Regular
Chips funding bill faces a final vote in Senate this week

The bill also includes about $100 billion in authorizations over five years for programs including expanding the National Science Foundation’s work and establishing regional technology hubs to support start-ups in areas of the country that haven’t traditionally drawn big funding for tech.

The NSF would receive funds for a new technology directorate that would help turn basic research breakthroughs into real-world applications in fields such as artificial intelligence and quantum computing.

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom