BRN Discussion Ongoing

Funny you just posted this Dingo I was just reading an article about it from 2020....................I actually think they didn't ditch NVIDIA but rather engaged them to help integrate AKIDA.

According to the company (BRN), Mercedes was one of the EAPs (from memory?) and since MERCEDES decided to mention BRN by name recently in their concept car, I would say Mercedes is very confident in the technology, and hence, very likely going to use the technology in future.

Mercedes would have known about BRN for a while, so the article below (and the partnership between Merc and NVIDIA) I reckon floated round about the time Mercedes decided BRN was a winner. NVIDIA helps with the software integration with BRNs tech, everyone wins.

I find it hard to believe Mercedes would engage NVIDIA in June 2020 for this when they likely already knew about BRN unless it was complimentary.

So to me, this is possibly a good indication we are indeed also working with NVIDIA (on some level).

PURE SPECULATION

View attachment 847
MC, have a look at Xilinx as well. They were also working with Mercedes and were in their previous concept car. I thought Cerence were involved as well. I think there are many bits and pieces to the puzzle. For example both Valeo and Luminor are involved and they both do Lidar. I posted about them all about a week ago but it’s a bit jumbled to get my head around without definite info from MB which isn’t going to happen.

The good news is that MB decided we were top of class and hopefully will be included in lots of systems. Obvious reasons: power saving, no cloud, one shot learning and inference.

Can’t wait until Akida becomes the de-facto standard and all car manufacturers get onboard as per the white paper Rob liked recently.

Cheers

Reactions: 25 users

M_C

Founding Member
MC, have a look at Xilinx as well. They were also working with Mercedes and were in their previous concept car. I thought Cerence were involved as well. I think there are many bits and pieces to the puzzle. For example both Valeo and Luminor are involved and they both do Lidar. I posted about them all about a week ago but it’s a bit jumbled to get my head around without definite info from MB which isn’t going to happen.

The good news is that MB decided we were top of class and hopefully will be included in lots of systems. Obvious reasons: power saving, no cloud, one shot learning and inference.

Can’t wait until Akida becomes the de-facto standard and all car manufacturers get onboard as per the white paper Rob liked recently.

Cheers
Am keeping one eye on XILNIX already ;), I believe BRN are likely the reason AMD is purchasing them at the moment .............tick........tock :cool:

Reactions: 19 users
I'm with you Buddy i think we will see AKIDA in Mercedes Quicker than we all think.

Funny you just posted this Dingo I was just reading an article about it from 2020....................I actually think they didn't ditch NVIDIA but rather engaged them to help integrate AKIDA.

According to the company (BRN), Mercedes was one of the EAPs (from memory?) and since MERCEDES decided to mention BRN by name recently in their concept car, I would say Mercedes is very confident in the technology, and hence, very likely going to use the technology in future.

Mercedes would have known about BRN for a while, so the article below (and the partnership between Merc and NVIDIA) I reckon floated round about the time Mercedes decided BRN was a winner. NVIDIA helps with the software integration with BRNs tech, everyone wins.

I find it hard to believe Mercedes would engage NVIDIA in June 2020 for this when they likely already knew about BRN unless it was complimentary.

So to me, this is possibly a good indication we are indeed also working with NVIDIA (on some level).

PURE SPECULATION

View attachment 847
I disagree ManChild002 😛

I think Nvidia is still involved, but not from the A.I standpoint.
I admittedly don't know their angle on A.I. From the announcement, it sounded like they were using GPUs for both graphics and A.I...

"Like the MBUX system recently unveiled with the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class, this extended-screen system runs on high-performance, energy-efficient NVIDIA GPUs for instantaneous AI processing and sharp graphics"

I'd like to know what their definition of an "energy efficient GPU" is 🤔

It certainly would be using more power and likely need Cloud connectivity.
It would just be superfluous, if using AKIDA..
(although power constraints, not currently an issue in an I.C.E. vehicle)...

We are not likely to see or hear anything further about it, from either Mercedes or Brainchip..

The unfortunate thing, with the MegaChip’s IP licence, for any of their customers, is that the only clues we may get, are more dots 🙄 and increasing 4C revenues...

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

Rarosch

I'm not sure if anyone here caught this, but the day before yesterday Brainchip posted a tweet from Mercedes, in Spanish and in English, but both posts were deleted very quickly. It was about this post.

Reactions: 15 users
I recommend watching Dr Richard Lindzen, if you haven’t already. He explains, with a cool head and cooler voice, why the hysteria re co2 climate models, etc, is misplaced. I’d love to wax lyrical about it but he does it way better than I…
You need to reread my last post, I'm not at all concerned with climate change 😉

Climate change, is just a finger pointing at humanities mistakes..
Don't concentrate on the finger and miss humanities mistakes, which despite popular conception, are now happening at a much greater level..

Climate change, is the least of our worries..

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Slade

Top 20
One of the reasons that companies insist on NDAs is to try to ensure that they get a first to market advantage. We know Mercedes has an NDA with BrainChip. And yet Mercedes recently shouted to the world that they are going neuromorphic, and that BrainChip is the company that is helping them. Why else would they scream to the world that they are using Akida if they aren't ready to incorporate it into their next line of cars?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 51 users

Shadow59

Regular
One of the reasons that companies insist on NDAs is to try to ensure that they get a first to market advantage. We know Mercedes has an NDA with BrainChip. And yet Mercedes recently shouted to the world that they are going neuromorphic, and that BrainChip is the company that is helping them. Why else would they scream to the world that they are using Akida if they aren't ready to incorporate it into their next line of cars?
Slade you make a very good point, why let everyone know if you aren't all ready to go. They know how long it will take anyone else to incorporate in any new production model. They also can't risk being second, they like to be seen as leaders in tech, and they don't know who else Brainchip (NDA's) are working with.

Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
I'm not sure if anyone here caught this, but the day before yesterday Brainchip posted a tweet from Mercedes, in Spanish and in English, but both posts were deleted very quickly. It was about this post.

Screenshot (514).png

This is spanish and a bit of translation goes like this: (order is from left to right starting with ABS)

Anti-lock braking system ece R13H

ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL ESP ECE R13H

Forward Collision Alert ECE R13H

Autonomous Emergency Braking ECE R13H

ECE R48 AUTOMATIC LIGHT IGNITION SYSTEM

ECER87 DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT SYSTEM

ECER13H ATTENTION ASSIST SYSTEM

TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM ECE R13H

CHILD RESTRAINT SYSTEM ECE R 14-05

AIRBAG SYSTEM (7) ECER94

ELECTRONIC BRAKING DISTRIBUTION ECER13H

SYSTEM WITH BRAKE ASSIST ECE R13H

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

M_C

Founding Member
I disagree ManChild002 😛

I think Nvidia is still involved, but not from the A.I standpoint.
I admittedly don't know their angle on A.I. From the announcement, it sounded like they were using GPUs for both graphics and A.I...

"Like the MBUX system recently unveiled with the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class, this extended-screen system runs on high-performance, energy-efficient NVIDIA GPUs for instantaneous AI processing and sharp graphics"

I'd like to know what their definition of an "energy efficient GPU" is 🤔

It certainly would be using more power and likely need Cloud connectivity.
It would just be superfluous, if using AKIDA..
(although power constraints, not currently an issue in an I.C.E. vehicle)...

We are not likely to see or hear anything further about it, from either Mercedes or Brainchip..

The unfortunate thing, with the MegaChip’s IP licence, for any of their customers, is that the only clues we may get, are more dots 🙄 and increasing 4C revenues...
don_t agree debatable.gif

Equitable

Regular

Good line of reasoning. If it already works in a concept car and can be used in any vehicle, there is no reason I can think of that they would not put it in their next cars to be released to the market.

Reactions: 17 users

Fox151

Regular
I'm with you Wilzy, I read it that the internet connection is required for connectivity to the Mercedes me app. I dont think this rules us out.
I don't think internet access rules out akida by any means. While we can process and learn on the chip, software updates and the ability to share learning would be beneficial and would require internet.

Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I recommend watching Dr Richard Lindzen, if you haven’t already. He explains, with a cool head and cooler voice, why the hysteria re co2 climate models, etc, is misplaced. I’d love to wax lyrical about it but he does it way better than I…
I think this conversation desreves its own thread.

It seems Dr Lindzen is not mainstream science:

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/l...playing-dangers-of-human-caused-c931eeb2ecf6/

Lindzen debunked again: New scientific study finds his paper downplaying dangers of human-caused warming is “seriously in error”

Trenberth: The flaws in Lindzen-Choi paper “have all the appearance of the authors having contrived to get the answer they got.”

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/...-scientists-richard-lindzen-mit-donald-trump/

Climate Contrarian Gets Fact-Checked by MIT Colleagues in Open Letter to Trump​

'This is not a view shared by us': After MIT professor emeritus Richard Lindzen writes letter urging Trump to withdraw from climate accord, faculty responds.​

March 6, 2017

“As [Lindzen’s] colleagues at MIT in the Program in Atmospheres, Oceans and Climate, all of whom are actively involved in understanding climate, we write to make it clear that this is not a view shared by us, or by the overwhelming majority of other scientists who have devoted their professional lives to careful study of climate science,” said the March 2 letter, signed by 22 current and retired MIT professors.

The MIT staff addressed specific inaccuracies in Lindzen’s letter, including his assertion that “carbon dioxide is not a pollutant.”

“The risks to the Earth system associated with increasing levels of carbon dioxide are almost universally agreed by climate scientists to be real ones,” they wrote. “These include, but are not limited to, sea level rise, ocean acidification, and increases in extreme flooding and droughts, all with serious consequences for mankind.”

Reactions: 21 users

hamilton66

Regular

hamilton66

Regular
T, still getting used to this forum. It's very clunky. Rob is a salesman. He'll like stuff that he sees as a potential sale. Doesn't mean BRN are in there. Love his enthusiasm, and the potential, but we have to be realistic. Not all dots, at this early stage, are going to be joined. That said, holding onto ALL my shares, with a l/t view. Each to their own.
GLTA

Reactions: 16 users

Slade

Top 20
The now 1,416 pairs of eyes are doing a great job! Every time I post I find out that someone has beaten me to it. Nothing gets past the BRN army.

Reactions: 33 users

Slade

Top 20

TechGirl

Founding Member
T, still getting used to this forum. It's very clunky. Rob is a salesman. He'll like stuff that he sees as a potential sale. Doesn't mean BRN are in there. Love his enthusiasm, and the potential, but we have to be realistic. Not all dots, at this early stage, are going to be joined. That said, holding onto ALL my shares, with a l/t view. Each to their own.
GLTA
I’m not saying anythings a deal when Rob likes something I’m just sharing what Rob Telson likes

• Haha
Reactions: 29 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I’m not saying anythings a deal when Rob likes something I’m just sharing what Rob Telson likes
sooooooo...... ......... .... its a deal?

• Haha
  • Fire

Quatrojos

Regular
I think this conversation desreves its own thread.

It seems Dr Lindzen is not mainstream science:

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/l...playing-dangers-of-human-caused-c931eeb2ecf6/

Lindzen debunked again: New scientific study finds his paper downplaying dangers of human-caused warming is “seriously in error”

Trenberth: The flaws in Lindzen-Choi paper “have all the appearance of the authors having contrived to get the answer they got.”

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/...-scientists-richard-lindzen-mit-donald-trump/

Climate Contrarian Gets Fact-Checked by MIT Colleagues in Open Letter to Trump​

'This is not a view shared by us': After MIT professor emeritus Richard Lindzen writes letter urging Trump to withdraw from climate accord, faculty responds.​

March 6, 2017

“As [Lindzen’s] colleagues at MIT in the Program in Atmospheres, Oceans and Climate, all of whom are actively involved in understanding climate, we write to make it clear that this is not a view shared by us, or by the overwhelming majority of other scientists who have devoted their professional lives to careful study of climate science,” said the March 2 letter, signed by 22 current and retired MIT professors.

The MIT staff addressed specific inaccuracies in Lindzen’s letter, including his assertion that “carbon dioxide is not a pollutant.”

“The risks to the Earth system associated with increasing levels of carbon dioxide are almost universally agreed by climate scientists to be real ones,” they wrote. “These include, but are not limited to, sea level rise, ocean acidification, and increases in extreme flooding and droughts, all with serious consequences for mankind.”
There’s consensus from mainstream, which may be compromised by the desire for funding, but consensus isn’t a fact-based exercise. Lindzen argues that a chaotic system is difficult to model. The chemical nature of h2o, with oxygen’s single ionic bonds to each hydrogen, allows it to absorb an incredible amount of energy which causes the h atoms to spin around the o like a dynamo. Consider the amount of energy it takes to boil water. The absorption and release of energy from water makes the modelling of a few hundred extra molecules of co2 per million in the atmosphere extremely sketchy. GIGO…

Bowsden

Emerged
Love all of the info provided by the many members on this forum. I have been a chipper for 2 years now and was fortunate to have brn in my smsf .i look forward to reading all of the reports and research done by everyone. I am posting this in an attempt to have "lurker" removed from my description

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom