BRN Discussion Ongoing

chapman89

Founding Member
Speaking of MotomanTv, he has just done a interview 1 day ago with Dimitris Psilakis- President and CEO of Mercedes Benz North America, I haven’t watched it yet but Motoman has 240,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Pappagallo

Regular
If you look at NVISO tweet, it says "neuromorphic revolution" and it's exciting times.

I was thinking, how do they know its neuromorphic technology that's used in Hyundai unless they have some connection, companies can't throw around words like so unless they know.

And we know Tim is very excited by Akidas neuromorphic abilities.

Exciting times indeed.

It is a good question, how do they know it’s neuromorphic? Any tweeters in here care to pose it to them?!

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Worker122

Regular
Speaking of MotomanTv, he has just done a interview 1 day ago with Dimitris Psilakis- President and CEO of Mercedes Benz North America, I haven’t watched it yet but Motoman has 240,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel.

Thanks Chapman,
I found the video reassuring and informative, DP gave nothing away but was relaxed and and the questions were on point.
There is a lot of work still to be done but we are well on the way, quite happy to set my expectations in “cruise mode” until well into 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
F

Filobeddo

Chippers,

I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling again.

This would have to be the slowest start of a trading day for BRN i have seen for a very long time.

Potentially about to rerate, price rise.

Regards,
Esq.

Looked at the volumes from 10-11am and approx 46% of individual trades were 1000 shares or less

& approx 20% of total individual trades were 100 shares or less

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Thanks Chapman,
I found the video reassuring and informative, DP gave nothing away but was relaxed and and the questions were on point.
There is a lot of work still to be done but we are well on the way, quite happy to set my expectations in “cruise mode” until well into 2024.
Don’t forget this video I posted a few weeks ago with the Chief Software Officer touching on how they’re going from level 2 to level 3, take note of some of the things he says 😁

• Love
  • Fire
F

Filobeddo

Looked at the volumes from 10-11am and approx 46% of individual trades were 1000 shares or less

& approx 20% of total individual trades were 100 shares or less

More interesting was approx 60% of trades were 1500 shares or less

might do a comparison across a whole day

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

SiDEvans

Regular
An email response received this morning from Tony Dawe when I ask about CITIGROUP

Hi David

Thankyou for your email.

As I have already said to several dozen shareholders who have contacted me on this matter, the responsibility and obligation for notifying the ASX about its substantial shareholding in Brainchip is with Citicorp, not with Brainchip.

I’m not going to speculate as to why Citicorp has become our largest shareholder, other than welcome a major institutional investor onto our share register.

A Top 20 shareholder list will be released along with our June Q Report.

Regards

Tony

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 68 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This is my interpretation of the following article: Mercedes doesn't want Apple taking over the dash/infotainment system because the MBUX with (AKIDA 🧠 🍟running it) is much more intuitive and and functional and just HEAPS BETTERER... SO NAH NAH NEE NAH NAH! 😝 :ROFLMAO:😆

Mercedes Has Doubts Over New Apple CarPlay​

Jun. 21, 2022 6:07 PM ET by Jared Rosenholtz Technology / 5 Comments

The Germans don't want to give the digital dash away just yet.

Thanks to phone-mirroring software like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, even a basic Toyota Corolla now offers many of the same convenient tech features as a six-figure luxury car. These technologies continue to improve over time, as evidenced by the latest CarPlay version shown at this year's Apple World Wide Developer Conference 2022. CarPlay will eventually take over the entire dashboard, including the gauge cluster and climate controls. Apple provided a list of automakers that are signed up for the new CarPlay, but one company from that list may not be fully on board.
Speaking with The Verge, Mercedes CEO Ola Kallenius didn't seem so keen on Apple's big announcement.

Dashboard
Mercedes-Benz
Save

2022-2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS Sedan Dashboard
Mercedes-Benz
Save

2023 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV Dashboard
Mercedes-Benz
S

"I think Mercedes customers expect access to a holistic Mercedes-Benz universe. It is not just about the physical product; it is also about the digital interface. There are so many aspects, so many domains, autonomous drive and so on. I don't think that you can rip out one piece of it and just say, 'Here's an island sitting on its own. The mainland of the car and all the other islands around the car are not integrated into that,'" he said.
"We are very much looking at providing a holistic Mercedes experience. It is physical and it is digital. It is beautiful and it is intuitive. Does that mean that it is a closed environment? Of course not. You have to speak to the ecosystems of the platform companies. You can choose to have Apple CarPlay in our cars today if that is more convenient for you," he added. "It covers some functions, but it does not cover all the functions of the car. I doubt that it ever will, because every single car maker has its own interface for all those different functions, down to the massage seat or whatever it may be."

1009867.jpg
Apple WWDC22
Save

1009866.jpg
Apple WWDC22
Save

Does this mean Mercedes won't let Apple CarPlay take over the dash? Not so fast. "We will see what we do with them. We will have to discuss that. Our clear goal is to have a Mercedes experience through and through," Kallenius explained. "We have a very good relationship with them, and decided early on that the CarPlay function is something that customers may want to use. We will have to discuss how we further develop that relationship."
The 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS Sedan with its massive 56-inch Hyperscreen is one of the only vehicles on sale today with enough screen real estate to show everything Apple teased in its demonstration. It will be interesting to see how much of that screen Mercedes cedes to Apple UX designers.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Regarding MB & the '22 EQS...any real Akida connection is very difficult to find obviously.

Some of my prev posts with links around the MBUX / MB.OS fwiw and below snips are from the recent MB USA press pack.

To get to the most important applications of MBUX, the user has to scroll through 0 menu levels. Hence the term zero layer.

Head-up displays are available in two sizes as an option. The head-up display with augmented reality content shows relevant information and actions three-dimensionally in the real driving situation and environment. Its display area has a diagonal of 77 inches. A virtual color image seems to float in the field of vision at a distance of about 33 feet.

The HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter as part of the optional ENERGIZING AIR CONTROL Plus, with a volume of 9.82 cubic decimeters, cleans the incoming outside air at its very high filtration level. Up to 99.75 percent of particles are separated out. Around 600 grams of activated charcoal are used to neutralize odors. The adsorption area is equivalent to about 150 football fields.

For haptic feedback during operation, a total of 12 actuators are located under the touchscreen surfaces of the MBUX Hyperscreen. If a finger touches certain spots there, they trigger a tangible vibration in the cover plate.

1 Coating of the cover glass simplifies cleaning of the MBUX Hyperscreen. The curved glass itself consists of particularly scratch-resistant aluminum silicate.

8 CPU cores, 24 GB RAM and 46.4 GB per second RAM memory bandwidth are some of the MBUX technical data.

The brightness of the MBUX Hyperscreen is adjusted to the ambient conditions using the measurement data from 1 multifunction camera plus 1 light sensor.

With up to 7 profiles, the display area for the front passenger on the MBUX Hyperscreen can be individualized.

"Hey Mercedes" supports 27 languages with Natural Language Understanding (NLU).

Fewer operating steps thanks to artificial intelligence​

The new EQS SUV: MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience)

With the EQS Sedan, MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) reached a new level. The second generation of this system is also used in the EQS SUV. With adaptive software, the display and operating concept adapts completely to its users and makes personalized suggestions for numerous infotainment, comfort and vehicle functions. The zero-layer design means that the user does not have to scroll through submenus or give voice commands. The key applications are always offered on the top level in the field of vision, depending on the situation and context. This relieves the driver of numerous operating steps. The immersive Dolby Atmos® sound system revolutionizes the sound experience and expands the classic surround sound. It is available with the Burmester® surround sound system.

The infotainment systems offer numerous and extensive functions. Several operating steps are often required to control them. In order to reduce these interactive steps even further, Mercedes-Benz employed artificial intelligence to develop a user interface with context-sensitive awareness.

The MBUX system proactively displays the right functions at the right time for the user, supported by artificial intelligence. The context-sensitive awareness is constantly optimized, both by changes in the surroundings and by user behavior. The 'zero layer' offers the user dynamic, aggregated content from the entire MBUX system, and thus the associated services, on the uppermost level of the MBUX information architecture.

The navigation application with its full range of functions is therefore always in the center of the display unit. Over 20 other functions - from ENERGIZING COMFORT to birthday reminders and suggestions for the to-do list - are automatically offered with the help of artificial intelligence when they are relevant to the customer. The developers have internally christened these suggestion modules displayed on the zero-layer interface "magic modules".

Here are five use cases. The user can accept or reject the respective suggestion with just one click:

• When approaching a charging station that is enabled for Plug & Charge, the magic module 'Charging' automatically appears. The driver can then start charging immediately.
  • If someone always calls one particular friend on the way home on Tuesday evenings, in future they will always receive a suggestion regarding this particular call on this day of the week and at this time. A business card appears with their contact information and – if this is stored – their photo. All the suggestions from MBUX are linked with the profile of the user. If someone else is driving the EQS SUV on a Tuesday evening, this recommendation will not be made - or another one will be made, depending on the preferences of the other user.
  • If the driver regularly uses the hot stone massage function in winter, the system learns and automatically suggests the comfort function for winter temperatures.
  • If the user regularly switches on the heating of the steering wheel in addition to the seat heating, for example, this is suggested to them as soon as they activate the seat heating.
  • The chassis of the EQS SUV can be raised to provide more ground clearance. A useful function for steep driveways or speed bumps. MBUX remembers the GPS position where the user has made utilized the "Raise Vehicle" function. If the vehicle approaches this GPS position again, MBUX automatically suggests raising the EQS SUV.
MBUX: a milestone as the interface between driver, passengers and vehicle

The EQS SUV features the latest MBUX generation. As standard, the EQS 450+ is equipped with a 12.3-inch driver's display and a 12.8-inch central display in portrait orientation. The impressive MBUX Hyperscreen is available as an option. There, the front passenger also has their own screen.

Hey Mercedes: the voice assistant can now do even more

Compared with the previous MBUX generation, the "Hey Mercedes" voice assistant is even more capable of dialogue and learning through activating online services in the Mercedes me App2. Moreover, certain actions can be performed even without the activation keyword "Hey Mercedes". These include accepting a telephone call. "Hey Mercedes" now also explains vehicle functions, and can help when asked how to connect a smartphone by Bluetooth or where the first-aid kit can be found. Compatible home technology and household devices can also be networked with the vehicle thanks to the smart home function and controlled from the vehicle through MBUX. Once the individual characteristics of the voice have been learned, this can be used to access personal data and functions by activating a profile.

The voice assistant in the EQS SUV can also be operated from the backseat. In general, backseat passengers experience the same comprehensive infotainment and comfort offerings as the driver and front passenger. They have the option for up to two rear-seat screens plus a tablet and a wide range of intuitive controls.

MBUX High-End Rear Seat Entertainment Plus: providing front row comfort

Screen content can be quickly and easily shared with other passengers. Selection and modification of navigation destinations also is possible from the rear seats. MBUX High-End Rear Seat Entertainment Plus comprises two 11.6-inch displays with touch controls on the backrests of the driver and front passenger seats. The MBUX rear tablet is also optionally available. It is a fully fledged tablet and can also be used outside the vehicle. In addition, (Android) apps can be installed. With this convenient remote control, all rear seat entertainment functions can be comfortably controlled from any seat position.

Using cameras in the overhead control panel and learning algorithms, the MBUX Interior Assistant recognizes and anticipates the wishes and intentions of the occupants. It interprets which way the head points, hand movements and body language and reacts with appropriate vehicle functions. As well as enhancing operating convenience, the MBUX Interior Assistant improves safety. If it is switched on, the vehicle exit warning of Blind Spot Assist is already issued when a hand approaches the door handle. It can also detect a child seat on the front passenger seat and signal on the central display if the vehicle seat belt is not buckled.

Dolby Atmos®: Close to the real live music experience

The standard Dolby Atmos immersive sound system® takes the audio experience in the EQS SUV to a new level. Individual instruments or voices of the studio mix can be placed all around the listening area. A new kind of sound animation thus becomes possible: This is because while conventional stereo systems usually have a left-right dynamic, Dolby Atmos® can use the entire area and create a 360-degree experience.

Dolby Atmos® is offered with the Burmester® surround sound system, which has 15 speakers.

Online music: music streaming with millions of songs to choose from

Mercedes-Benz has completely integrated many music streaming providers into the MBUX infotainment system with the "Online Music"3 service. MBUX enables access to the personal user profile at the linked music providers. This allows customers to seamlessly access their favorite songs and playlists and discover millions of songs as well as curated playlists. Operation is intuitive using the MBUX voice assistant via "Hey Mercedes" and via touch controls on the steering wheel or central display.

Personalization is simple and convenient

A personal profile can be created directly in the EQS SUV and synchronized with existing profile data in the Mercedes me account. By scanning a QR code with the Mercedes me App, the vehicle is automatically connected to the Mercedes me account.

Personal preferences such as a favorite radio station and preselected settings can be transferred to any seat via the personal Mercedes me profile. Up to seven different profiles with a total of around 800 parameters are possible in the vehicle. The ambient lighting can be individually set by remote configuration, i.e. from home. As the profiles are stored in the cloud as part of Mercedes me, the profiles can also be used in other Mercedes-Benz vehicles with the new MBUX generation.

In addition to the classic entry of a PIN, a special authentication procedure ensures a high level of security. Fingerprint, face and voice recognition are combined. This allows access to individual settings or verification of digital payment processes from the vehicle.

2 To use the Mercedes me connect services, customers must create a Mercedes me ID and agree to the terms of use for the Mercedes me connect services. The services shown and their availability and functionalities depend in particular on the vehicle model, year of manufacture, selected special equipment and country.
3 In order to be able to use the Online Music service, customers will require a separate personal contract with a selected streaming provider.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Slade

Top 20
Anyone else still feel shitty about BrainChip not mentioning Shiticorp at the last AGM. No doubt they will be asking for votes on the issue of performance shares at the next AGM. I would like to feel a little more valued as a shareholder before voting even if I am a bit of dumb ass. Please ignore if you have all moved on. I’m going to have a coffee and put on some reggae music x.

• Love
  • Haha

Wags

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TopCat

Regular
While down the Tiliter rabbit hole I came across a link to Trigo , an AI vision tech company in the supermarket grab and go field, which also led me to a link to Amazon using their tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Wags

Regular
It is a good question, how do they know it’s neuromorphic? Any tweeters in here care to pose it to them?!
I just think Nvsio is working with Hyundai, and Nvsio is all about Akida due to its massive improvements 0ver their last systems (per the recent webinar)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Xray1

Regular
Chippers,

I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling again.

This would have to be the slowest start of a trading day for BRN i have seen for a very long time.

Potentially about to rerate, price rise.

Regards,
Esq.
I think it's slowing down generally, due to the fact, that most s/holders are now waiting for the 4C to come out within the next 2 weeks. I sincerely hope, that Sean H can at least settle this 4C to give us all a taste of an increasing revenue stream trajectory pathway, as I am sick and tired of over "the years" being constantly told to wait for the next 4C to come out.... !!!

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
This is my interpretation of the following article: Mercedes doesn't want Apple taking over the dash/infotainment system because the MBUX with (AKIDA 🧠 🍟running it) is much more intuitive and and functional and just HEAPS BETTERER... SO NAH NAH NEE NAH NAH! 😝 :ROFLMAO:😆

Mercedes Has Doubts Over New Apple CarPlay​

Jun. 21, 2022 6:07 PM ET by Jared Rosenholtz Technology / 5 Comments

The Germans don't want to give the digital dash away just yet.

Thanks to phone-mirroring software like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, even a basic Toyota Corolla now offers many of the same convenient tech features as a six-figure luxury car. These technologies continue to improve over time, as evidenced by the latest CarPlay version shown at this year's Apple World Wide Developer Conference 2022. CarPlay will eventually take over the entire dashboard, including the gauge cluster and climate controls. Apple provided a list of automakers that are signed up for the new CarPlay, but one company from that list may not be fully on board.
Speaking with The Verge, Mercedes CEO Ola Kallenius didn't seem so keen on Apple's big announcement.

Dashboard
Mercedes-Benz
Save

2022-2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS Sedan Dashboard
Mercedes-Benz
Save

2023 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV Dashboard
Mercedes-Benz
S

"I think Mercedes customers expect access to a holistic Mercedes-Benz universe. It is not just about the physical product; it is also about the digital interface. There are so many aspects, so many domains, autonomous drive and so on. I don't think that you can rip out one piece of it and just say, 'Here's an island sitting on its own. The mainland of the car and all the other islands around the car are not integrated into that,'" he said.
"We are very much looking at providing a holistic Mercedes experience. It is physical and it is digital. It is beautiful and it is intuitive. Does that mean that it is a closed environment? Of course not. You have to speak to the ecosystems of the platform companies. You can choose to have Apple CarPlay in our cars today if that is more convenient for you," he added. "It covers some functions, but it does not cover all the functions of the car. I doubt that it ever will, because every single car maker has its own interface for all those different functions, down to the massage seat or whatever it may be."

1009867.jpg
Apple WWDC22
Save

1009866.jpg
Apple WWDC22
Save

Does this mean Mercedes won't let Apple CarPlay take over the dash? Not so fast. "We will see what we do with them. We will have to discuss that. Our clear goal is to have a Mercedes experience through and through," Kallenius explained. "We have a very good relationship with them, and decided early on that the CarPlay function is something that customers may want to use. We will have to discuss how we further develop that relationship."
The 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS Sedan with its massive 56-inch Hyperscreen is one of the only vehicles on sale today with enough screen real estate to show everything Apple teased in its demonstration. It will be interesting to see how much of that screen Mercedes cedes to Apple UX designers.

Great post Bravo ... and just love the 🧠 🍟.... ;):cool:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Anyone else still feel shitty about BrainChip not mentioning Shiticorp at the last AGM. No doubt they will be asking for votes on the issue of performance shares at the next AGM. I would like to feel a little more valued as a shareholder before voting even if I am a bit of dumb ass. Please ignore if you have all moved on. I’m going to have a coffee and put on some reggae music x.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.37.08 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Iseki

Regular
What have I missed? When did they announce this?

This has been touched on many times before. Implementation in hardware is VERY different to implementation in software. While conceptually the same, each will offer their own set of advantages over the other. I.e. hardware form will offer greater performance, albeit at a greater cost to produce.

A customer's requirements will stipulate whether one is favoured over the other.
You missed the new CEO's Annual Report section. His marketing strategy is to bring on the Sophisticated Customers via a program called AI Enablement, and Simple customers.
Simple Customers:
"With these customers BrainChip’s job is to win the IP mindshare and we may either sell a license to this client who will then work with a chip designer to complete the design on their behalf, or we would direct them to a chip vendor/systems integrator to obtain access to BrainChip technology" ( from last Annual Report)

Happy to be proved wrong. I can't see BRN placing another order with Socionext. I think we've lifted our eyes and looking for the tall forward in the goal mouth.

As far as our software goes, this is for free download, to let programmers like @uiux , develop their ideas.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

I just noticed Intel advertising the launch of its 13th Gen Raptor Lake-S processors during its Innovation Event at the end of September 2022. Company CEO Pat Gelsinger and CTO Greg Lavender will be the key speakers unveiling the chipmaker’s refined hybrid core architecture. The event will be held in San Jose, California on the 27th and 28th of September.

I don't want to get too excited but it also shows the following images.

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.50.17 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.49.35 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Deena

Regular
I know everyone here knows how amazing the tech is but yet we research everyday looking for clues... I don't want to be negative but no news is kinda making me sad.

I will probably wait and keep brn for few years to see if this will fly to the moon (or Mars, literally) but everyone should be aware that brn will be either hit or miss...
I think you need to do more research Cardpro.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom