BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mercfan

Apologies missed as I replied

So who else has nominated $2.75?
Factfinders forecast late last year was $2.75

Reactions: 4 users

jtardif999

Regular
For those of us in for the long term and that are prepared to hold on tight to our shares, the decision by some to sell today will not stop the celebrations tomorrow.

IMO of course.
Personally don't think so as it's not NASA who determine what tech is used IMO esp in Ph I proposals.

They will award Ph I based on merit, cost etc, wait till projects outcomes met (or not). Met in the case of the Techport info FF found recently and then issue a Ph II as I found with the NECR project and Intellisense recently.

For mine it is more the individual entity that will be choosing who or what they use in their proposals....this is more around Innovation themselves and personally reckon they ultimately wanted access to Intel research approval anyway but Akida was available and path of least resist to get the project and access to neuromorphic modelling imo.
Always keep SWaP in mind; Akida has significant advantages over Loihi in this regard. The space program regards SWaP very highly - why would they want to pursue second best using a research chip? You know that makes sense, doesn’t it?

Reactions: 11 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Apologies if this article has been posted before but wondered if our German friends have a deeper insight. Sounds a lot like BRN.
This does not sound like anything BRN related at all. What am I missing?
1657675503509.png

Reactions: 5 users

Xray1

Regular
Hi Quatrajos,

This does seem to be worth bringing to the company's attention, but we don't want to inundate the company with emails.

I don't think that @Fact Finder has resigned his post as honorary TSX shareholder liaison as I'm betting he has not sold all his shares.
I for one accept FF decision to no longer post here, but I do give him full credit,and am quite confident that he is still most likely taking a active part in his investment in BRN and will privately contact Tony D or BRN with any concerns or interesting developments that he may have or may have arisen since his recent departure from this site.

Reactions: 12 users

Xray1

Regular
Would be good to know who at Citigroup are encouraging the ongoing purchase of BRN shares. But that is unlikely to be uncovered. If they have takeover intentions they are proceeding in a way that can accomplish it. Acquire more and more shares.

Our company is worth a ridiculous 80 cents (+/-) per share. And, significantly, it has two aging principals who own a ton of shares.

I can see Citigroup continuing to buy shares, lend them out to shorters to drive price down even more, accumulate more shares, wash and repeat.

Next, make a generous tender offer to nervous ma and pa investors (retail) and see what happens, knowing that if you pull this off you are sitting on a technology gold mine that is pre revenue, and as a result has little defense against a further falling stock price. I think this company would be a steal for 5 or 7 billion dollars.

Institutional investors and the big money they court know how to do this stuff. They are ruthless and they are good at it. If something like this is going to happen I don't think there is anything the TSE collective can do about it.

But there is something the takeover target can do. They can show growing revenue from customer engagements and / or make market moving announcement(s) so that the market moves the stock price up. Short of those things happening there may in fact be some blood oozing from a falling stock price and sharks like Citigroup may be gathering.
Regards, dippY

These are my opinions only and no investment advice is intended or given. Always, DYOR.
IMO, the best thing the Co can do to ward off any suitor/s is to release positive revenue stream figures in the 4C's. I think, if the Co releases significant revenue streams will force any suitor's hand out into the open.

Fredsnugget

Regular
What a difference a week and a bit can make. I take off to go prospecting hoping for a rally and come back to FF departing, stock price dropping and talk of a take over. Think I might go bush again, at least I got over an ounce of gold, definitely more profitable than the market atm

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Has anyone had any kind of response from Tony Dawe at this point in time regarding the Citicorp issue?
I'm not asking you to break any confidences or reveal anything prematurely, just want to know if he is responding at all?

Reactions: 9 users

Rskiff

Regular
Has anyone had any kind of response from Tony Dawe at this point in time regarding the Citicorp issue?
I'm not asking you to break any confidences or reveal anything prematurely, just want to know if he is responding at all?
yes, "it's Citicorp's responsibility to notify ASX if over 1%"

• Wow
Reactions: 24 users

Xray1

Regular
Gonna wait this one out. Tip of the iceberg, exciting times. Looks like Citicorp has an NDA with the ASX.
If I am not mistaken, I think it is allowable that nothing needs to be disclosed to the ASX market or shareholders, whilst another Co is doing it's Due Diligence for a merger or T/O .

Reactions: 1 users

Xray1

Regular
The great man’s thoughts on a takeover.

The great man’s thoughts on a takeover.
Where is " Robert Mitro " actually disclosed in the Co's Top 20 s/holders list ???!!

A quick question I ask myself. If I step back for a second, continue to listen but take no action in the short term and let this period pass, what do I stand to lose? In my opinion - Nothing

If there is a takeover attempt at any stage (and I don't believe there will be any time soon) it will drive the price up, perhaps even start counter offers as some have suggested. The only potential down side is the loss in potential growth that many, including myself expect in the next 2-10 years.

If there isn't a take over attempt then we are on the same path we were 1-2 weeks ago with the same levels expected exponential SP growth in years to come. The fundamentals have not changed, the iceberg is just as big with as many names attached as before.

The recent speculation and subsequent sense of dismay is self generated. Let it Pass. Hold your shares and IMO we will win regardless. For me the only way we stand to lose here is if we panic sell. I for one will be holding tight and may even consider picking up some more. Who knows we may even look back on this period of SP manipulation as a blessing in disguise.

Not financial advice, just my own personal feelings on the matter.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Thanks, probably doesn't calm the horses too much or will quell wild speculation, but it's nice to know he is at least aware of it.
I have always had a good feeling about Tony. I understand that he has to be cautious in what and when he can reveal information but have always found him to be a straight shooter.
GLTAH

• Fire

Slade

Top 20
Reactions: 5 users

Rskiff

Regular
  • Love

Yak52

Regular
What if we took to social media such as Twitter, Facebook, etc and asked this simple question.

Will Citigroup Nominees make a takeover bid on BRN now that they have become BRN's largest shareholder?

By asking this question, we accomplish 2 important things
1. Citi is exposed and could need to address the rumour.
2. Other investors, shareholders will be alerted and either hold their BRN shares and or buy BRN shares thus strengthening the share price.
Hi Victor G.

Excellent post and ideas. This is what is needed, shareholders need to take responsibility for their own investments and share price and spread around the Info about CITICORP Nominee 174 million share holding.
The company will not and has not kept us shareholders and Market informed! So we need to do this now ourselfs.

Yak52

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Yak52

Regular
The list is from January, there also exist separate lists with the invested funds and institutional investors.

PLEASE do not use 3rd party "freebie" websites for gathering data and info. TOTALLY unreliable. Get the SOURCE info /Data only.

Below is extracts from BrainChips Annual report for 2022 released in Jan 2022 this year.

BR Annual rport Jan 2022 TOP 20 shareholders a.jpg

BR Annual rport Jan 2022 TOP 20 shareholders b.jpg

Yak52 :cool: Note that MERRIL LINCH Nominee @110,000,000 is ANIL MANKAR (total family holdings)

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Mt09

Regular
Hi Victor G.

Excellent post and ideas. This is what is needed, shareholders need to take responsibility for their own investments and share price and spread around the Info about CITICORP Nominee 174 million share holding.
The company will not and has not kept us shareholders and Market informed! So we need to do this now ourselfs.

Yak52
It’s not the companies responsibity to keep us informed, the responsibility lies with Citicorp informing asx.

BaconLover

Founding Member
So if it's Citicorps responsibility, but they have failed to do so, what now?

How can we make sure they do?
Who do we report this to in a formal way to get things moving?
Why haven't the Board kept an eye on this already?
What are they going to do to ensure this doesn't happen again?
If someone has taken 10% stake and if the Board wasn't aware, that definitely needs looked into.

PS: This is all based on the assumption that citi has taken a stake in, atm I haven't seen a confirmation yet.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
It’s not the companies responsibity to keep us informed, the responsibility lies with Citicorp informing asx.
You are right, but I am thinking that the company out of respect to its shareholders should have addressed this at the recent AGM.

• Fire
Top Bottom