BRN Discussion Ongoing

Kachoo

Regular
I agree the drop in price is a controlled accumulation game. One can easily see this in the pattern and based on economics 101. The thing is when buyers come in the price is jumping on less trading volume also now. This indicates the float is low. All in my opinion.

Buyouts well i would atleast like 10 dollars a share but i feel that it could come in lower and could be bid up. I dont really know how this will play out but ill keep my shares and try to buy more when funds are available these prices are ridiculously low in my opinion.

Good luck let's hope for some green today.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Pmel

Regular
Apologies if shared already read where it says the front 47 inch screen powered by neuromorphic processors. Didn't mercedes say they are using akida . So only neuromorphic i can think of is us.
Dyor

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Perhaps

Regular
Apologies if shared already read where it says the front 47 inch screen powered by neuromorphic processors. Didn't mercedes say they are using akida . So only neuromorphic i can think of is us.
Dyor

Come on, these are just some simplified phrases from a car magazine which knows nothing about chip technology. There is no use in a screen, Akida isn't a GPU.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Dyor

They are specifically talking about the EQXX. The display in that car (among other things) is supported by Akida - something they have publicly acknowledged on many occasions.

My favourite part of that article is the opening sentence:

"When it comes to developing cutting-edge technology that will go on to cascade into production models, Mercedes is in a class of one."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I find this really very interesting, musk didn't want to buy twitter anymore, Tesla fell a lot and now this message

In September, Tesla wants to present its humanoid robot. He should not only take on everyday tasks, such as shopping or caring for the elderly and the sick. The use in the car factories is already planned.

a little part in english (faz is a German newspaper):

......The artificial intelligence (AI) systems that Tesla is developing for its electric cars, among other things, are intended to train him for this.........

The Japanese car manufacturer Honda has been working on human-like robots since the 1980s. He taught his model, named Asimo, to walk more than 20 years ago. Toyota followed suit. The automaker launched a humanoid robot that could play the violin 15 years ago. The Taiwanese electronics group Foxconn then announced five years ago that it would completely staff the assembly lines in its factories with robots. The so-called Foxbots are in-house developments. However, these machines are more like a classic industrial robot. Musk is more based on the humanoid robots à la Honda or Toyota. At the end of September he wants to bring his creations to the stage during the in-house exhibition "Tesla Ai Day". He probably already has a name: Tesla-Bot. Let them work in his car factories.

he know from brn :unsure:

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
Away from the main topic today I am curious who will be added to the board, no longer allowed to post. I would at least be very happy and look closely. But is only fantasy and now go to bed. Am curious about tomorrow.

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Perhaps

Regular
They are specifically talking about the EQXX. The display in that car (among other things) is supported by Akida - something they have publicly acknowledged on many occasions.

My favourite part of that article is the opening sentence:

"When it comes to developing cutting-edge technology that will go on to cascade into production models, Mercedes is in a class of one."
The only thing Mercedes is talking about is the voice control. If you have further information about display and other things in the EQXX please send a link.

Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
Gonna wait this one out. Tip of the iceberg, exciting times. Looks like Citicorp has an NDA with the ASX.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
The only thing Mercedes is talking about is the voice control. If you have further information about display and other things in the EQXX please send a link.

It does more than process voice data.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Perhaps

Regular

Apart from pure speculation there is no further information in this vid about the use of Akida.

Reactions: 1 users
Crux of the matter is around voting power.

Citicorp and nominee style entities don't hold the voting power, the beneficial holders behind the accounts do.

So simply....unless there is one or a handful of associated entities owning at least 5% of that Citicorp Nom total listed, which I consider personally highly unlikely, then you not going to get a sub notice.

Obviously other considerations re takeover thresholds etc and some links and an ASIC guide around same below for anyone thinking of takeovers etc and what they need disclose.

Personally this is all just jumping at shadows for mine but pls due your own investigations to satisfy yourselves.

Substantial holding notice​

A person who obtains voting power in 5% or more of an ASX-listed company is required to publicly disclose that fact within 2 business days via the filing of a substantial holding notice. A person’s voting power consists of their own ‘relevant interest’ in shares plus the relevant interests of their associates. A further notice needs to be filed within 2 business days after each subsequent voting power change of 1 percentage point or more, and after the person ceases to have voting power of 5% or more.

The notice must attach all documents which contributed to the voting power the person obtained, or provide a written description of arrangements which are not in writing.

numbers-05.aa0c350d1848.png

Shareholding thresholds​

The key shareholding thresholds in an ASX-listed Australian company from a Corporations Act perspective are: ≥5% (obligation to file substantial holding notice), >10% (ability to block compulsory acquisition), >20% (takeovers threshold), >25% (ability to block scheme of arrangement and special resolution), >50% (ability to pass ordinary resolution), ≥75% (ability to pass special resolution) and ≥90% (entitlement to compulsory acquisition).
Below is a sample of other takeovers issues which commonly arise or need to be considered. This is by no means an exhaustive list.
The following table identifies the key shareholding thresholds in an ASX-listed company from a Corporations Act perspective.[1] For simplicity the table focuses on companies only (but the same principles apply to the acquisition of interests in listed managed investment schemes).

ASIC rules.

Sub notices, takeovers etc under RG 5.286 page 66.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
F

Filobeddo

Hmmmm.

The timing of a number of things occurring lately has me a little dismayed and somewhat concerned.

Over the course of the last two weeks, the usual chatter and excitement in TSE abated. A number of higher profile contributors seemed to remain silent on a matter or two raised.

Management’s comment on SP at the AGM was reasonable but now with information of a possible large holding building, the statement is perplexing.

The SP has languished at a time when exciting developments concerning partners was transpiring.
I have also been victim to an ASX company being through a hostile takeover via a shorting and culling of retail holders campaign. Not nice. Does happen.

I’m wondering now if there will be a takeover with the final bid around $2.75 😬. Not sure why I would pluck a figure out like that. 😜

Now it would be hard to comprehend our regular contributors part of this conspiracy but they are anonymous and dollar is king.

Hopefully the large holder info is exposed and a rally occurs to stop this rot.

Retail shareholders who have backed this company deserves a bigger slice of the pie. Large institutions are owned by the filthy rich who can afford to let this one slip.

ASX - The Unfair Advantage 🤑☠️

Interesting points raised @TheUnfairAdvantage, & $2.75 has me intrigued, why so low?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

@Perhaps is correct. The only item Mercedes has confirmed to be utilising Akida is the "Hey Mercedes" voice assistant. Apart from that, everything else is purely speculation at this stage based on the use of language (Mercedes stated they have developed "systems" with Brainchip).

Until we have confirmation, we have no idea where else Akida is being implemented in the EQXX.

Reactions: 4 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Crux of the matter is around voting power.

Citicorp and nominee style entities don't hold the voting power, the beneficial holders behind the accounts do.

So simply....unless there is one or a handful of associated entities owning at least 5% of that Citicorp Nom total listed, which I consider personally highly unlikely, then you not going to get a sub notice.

Obviously other considerations re takeover thresholds etc and some links and an ASIC guide around same below for anyone thinking of takeovers etc and what they need disclose.

Personally this is all just jumping at shadows for mine but pls due your own investigations to satisfy yourselves.

Substantial holding notice​

A person who obtains voting power in 5% or more of an ASX-listed company is required to publicly disclose that fact within 2 business days via the filing of a substantial holding notice. A person’s voting power consists of their own ‘relevant interest’ in shares plus the relevant interests of their associates. A further notice needs to be filed within 2 business days after each subsequent voting power change of 1 percentage point or more, and after the person ceases to have voting power of 5% or more.

The notice must attach all documents which contributed to the voting power the person obtained, or provide a written description of arrangements which are not in writing.

numbers-05.aa0c350d1848.png

Shareholding thresholds​

The key shareholding thresholds in an ASX-listed Australian company from a Corporations Act perspective are: ≥5% (obligation to file substantial holding notice), >10% (ability to block compulsory acquisition), >20% (takeovers threshold), >25% (ability to block scheme of arrangement and special resolution), >50% (ability to pass ordinary resolution), ≥75% (ability to pass special resolution) and ≥90% (entitlement to compulsory acquisition).
Below is a sample of other takeovers issues which commonly arise or need to be considered. This is by no means an exhaustive list.
The following table identifies the key shareholding thresholds in an ASX-listed company from a Corporations Act perspective.[1] For simplicity the table focuses on companies only (but the same principles apply to the acquisition of interests in listed managed investment schemes).

ASIC rules.

Sub notices, takeovers etc under RG 5.286 page 66.

Great post full moon.

I was googling a jumping at shadows image to post yesterday but couldnt find a decent one so didnt worry.

I also think if there was a concern the company would start announcing stuff to get the sp moving, even non-price sensitive fluffy anns...

Of course i could be wrong on the above, so imo only

But this is a FACT, that we are, as a group, definitely missing our captain!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 118

Evening Slade & DingoBorat,

Yes, I believe this information should definitely of been conveyed to shareholders, when Citi passed the 5 % holding.
Never mind their now 10.111% holding.

W T F.

having just had a quick look at BRN s company Constitution, (98 pages on my phone) , the new constitution was put out on 24th May 2022, I could not find any mandate within such document to compell the company to disclose such information to the ASX.
Having read the above i then went looking through the ASX Continuos Disclosure document.
page314,
Chapter three,
Substantial holder owns more than 5%
3:19.3 if the entity becomes "aware that the percentage of capitol or votes held by the class of ' persons referred to in rule 3:19.1 has ceased to be within 5 percentage points of the restriction , or to equal or exeed it , the entity must immediately tell ASX.

*Incredibly this only applies if it is written into the companys constitution , which in BRN s case thay seem to have forgotten to lnclude or left out deliberately ??

Personally I would have thought out of courtesy and good business practice such a event would have , should have been divulged to shareholders.

I spoke to Tony Dawe on or around the 23rd June regarding finding the share registry details, and more specifically my holding.
at the time from memory Tony said there had not realy been much movement in the top twenty.

W T F .

Unless Citi amassed their additional 100,000,000 odd shares in the last 19 days. ???

Tony did say thay would endevor to include a top 20 holder notice , possibly a top 50, in the upcoming Quarterly report , 4C. Seeing how thay said thay would on the last one , and forgot?, perhaps those that wish to see such a document produced with each 4C give Tony a call and reminde him and the company.

Don't get me wrong , Tony Dawe is a nice bloke so be polite , but we , shareholders also deserve respect also .

Not happy .

Esq.

Maybe it is Tony accumulating and is going for a takeover lol. But on a serious note we all now know who the doenrampers are employed by on hot crapper.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

LM77

Except on one occasion where a retail holder on HC claimed he had put up a similar bid in my opinion these absurd bids are there to distract attention from the fake bids immediately below and let them go unnoticed.

As for the nonsense about a take over from the Annual Report Anil Mankar, Peter van der Made, Adam Osseiran and Robert Mitro hold about 21% of Brainchip.

The top 20 control about 750 million but retail hold around 1 billion.

You need 25% of the shares on issue to block a takeover hostile or otherwise.

If Peter van der Made and company said NO deal and stated logical reasons as Yak52 said they only need to convince about 12% of retail to more than exceed 25% and block any takeover.

This is a dead issue and I doubt the motive behind it being raised given the person raising it has been here long enough to know how to read the Annual Report and 4C’s to find the correct holding numbers. Yet gives the wrong number in a response to Yak.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The great man’s thoughts on a takeover.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Great post full moon.

I was googling a jumping at shadows image to post yesterday but couldnt find a decent one so didnt worry.

I also think if there was a concern the company would start announcing stuff to get the sp moving, even non-price sensitive fluffy anns...

Of course i could be wrong on the above, so imo only

But this is a FACT, that we are, as a group, definitely missing our captain!
Agree. Would really like to hear something from Tony D on this.
Does anyone know if he is permitted to address this forum directly or must he use an intermediary?

Reactions: 2 users
New EQS night time driving demo. Have no idea if Akida involved at all but one cool video. I want one.

SC

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I don't want anything from musk, no, he can buy Akida for his robots, but never a takeover
1657669423652.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom